Windsor Locks, CT
03/29/2019
Convenient
Hello, I brought my pickup in for winding noise and power steering issue. $1000.00 later winding issue resolved, however still feels like I don't have power steering. May just take to Ford. Not sure yet.
DON W. from Don's Auto Care Center responded on 04/04/2019

Hi, Anonymous. We do have a warranty program in place where if you have a concern we can do our best to correct it. However, we do need to talk to you about your concerns. Please give us a call at the shop at your convenience. If it is a faulty part in a recent repair, we can get it taken care of.

Newington, CT
09/21/2018
Communication
My boyfriend has always had great outcomes from dons, being it a family friend. However, There was mis communication when I had service done. I needed my tire replaced (which was covered) and a rear left light replaced. I thought it was only a bulb out but a diagnostic test was needed and done without asking which was more than I can afford. In the end they worked With me for what I could afford and took it all off. I appreciate that so much.
DON W. from Don's Auto Care Center responded on 09/26/2018

We do apologize for the misunderstanding, but we were told to check the lights.  Thank you for voicing your concerns.

GJ
GENE J.
CT
Volkswagen EuroVan
05/18/2017
Don's is great but...
Very happy with all Don's work except this last visit I had to clean up a dirt/grease spot on my front seat and another one off the upholstery of the drivers door. I know this can happen but it should have been cleaned before I picked it up.
DON W. from Don's Auto Care Center responded on 05/19/2017

We're very sorry that happened, Gene.  We should have caught that and cleaned it up before you took the vehicle.  Let us know if it needs to be spot treated, we have supplies for that.

LISA B.
Windsor, CT
Toyota Tundra
08/31/2016
Don's took much time to reach out to me to find out why I was unhappy.
After my first review I received a couple of phone calls regarding my issue with the car wash. It turns out that it was completely my fault, and I didn't follow instructions when driving through the car wash. They went out of their way to explain and to make sure that I understood that the problem was not with the product, but with the customer (ME). I don't know of many businesses that would go to the trouble to make sure that I fully understood what happened. I definitely would recommend Don's.

08/31/2016
Fine Service - HORRID Car Wash
As far as I can tell, all was fine with the maintenance work performed on my vehicle. For the first time, I took advantage of the FREE car wash and learned why it is free. It made an absolute mess of my vehicle. Won't fall for that again!
DON W. from Don's Auto Care Center responded on 09/02/2016

We're sorry you weren't happy with our car wash, Lisa.  If you weren't happy with how it came out, you can come right back to us to let us know.  Than being said it is a free car wash.

DON W. from Don's Auto Care Center responded on 10/28/2016

Thank you very much for giving us a chance.  We prefer that our customers leave satisfied in all aspects of our services.  Thank you for taking the time out of your day to re-review us, Lisa.  We look forward to your next visit.

NR
Nathan R.
Enfield, CT
08/20/2016
Nice people, good work but pretty pricey
I've had my share of vehicles and been to a bunch of repair shops. My experience is usually the shop looking over the car, telling me what is wrong and providing estimates. Then I get the work done and pay them and all is well. My car had a minor issue that was quick to diagnose. It was external and took them about a minute once it was up on the lift. I needed a minor part ($10) and was charged $50 to have my car inspected. It took them about a week to get the part, and originally about 3-4 days to get me in initially to check out my car. It's tough having to wait that long! OK so I dropped my car off at around 8am and called them about 4pm asking if the car has been done. I honestly expected them to do my car much earlier due to how long I had already waited and since it was a simple job. Maybe that's why they put if off, I'm not sure. So that cost me $100 in labor. All in all I was out $160 and had to wait 9 days from when I originally called them. My roommate took her car to a different shop and they got her in that day and within a few hours had her back on the road. I know I had to wait for a part but it just seemed a little expensive for all of that. I've had other shops not charge for the initial inspection and I would have expected to pay $70-80 for a job like this. I just can't afford this place I guess.
DON W. from Don's Auto Care Center responded on 09/07/2016

We're very sorry you weren't happy with our prices.  Looking at your service history: we normally charge $95 for any inspection or diagnosis (we discounted it down to $50).  For the actual repair; due to the year of your vehicle the parts weren't readily available and had to be ordered: upon install, we had to drill out the broken bolt that had bent and twisted your rear sway bar: which did take some time to do.  Most shops would have replaced the sway bar for more time and more money for parts.  We also discounted the service 10% off parts and labor.  If you include the discounted inspection and percentage off we saved you $61.62, which would have brought your bill to over $200.  We do our best to look out for our customers' best interests and regret you weren't satisfied with our efforts.

LK
LAURA K.
Windsor Locks, CT
07/19/2016
They are courteous and the waiting room was comfortable. They offered cold water.
Dave was very accommodating during the repair of my car. Thank you.
DON W. from Don's Auto Care Center responded on 07/19/2016

Thank you much, Laura!  We're glad you tried us out and were satisfied with your experience.