Overall Rating 4.4358972/5Overall Rating 4.4358972/5Overall Rating 4.4358972/5Overall Rating 4.4358972/5rating 4.4358972
Overall Rating 2.05128/5Overall Rating 2.05128/5rating 2.05128rating 2.05128rating 2.05128

La Habra, CA
2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
07/31/2019 Category: Service
Appointment for factory warranty
I need to replace the window shield trim. I got express service when service adviser know I am waiting for the car.

07/31/2019 Category: Service
Appointment does not guarantee the work will be done in priority
I expect to get my car service ASAP since the repair wont take more than 39min.
JACLYN F. from Downey Hyundai responded on 07/31/2019

Hello,
Our goal at Downey Hyundai is to provide to our customer's the best service experience possible, keeping in mind all of their needs. In reading this review, I am regrettable to say we did fail to deliver that experience to you. I do apologize for the delayed wait time, and please do let me know if there is anything we can do to assist you. Do not hesitate to reply directly to this email, as I have a complimentary oil change voucher I would like to present to you to compensate for your lengthy visit. Although I know this is not a remedy for the situation at hand, it is a token of our appreciation to thank you for choosing us to service your vehicle. Thank you and have a great day.

Huntington Park, CA
06/20/2019 Category: Service
Jaclyn was great. My prior issues were resolved.

I was kept informed of the progress and everything was just easy and simple. I appreciate it tremendously.

06/20/2019 Category: Service
Lacking communication, poor transparency, and broken part
After nearly 4 months without my car (due mainly because of the company Hyundai, not the dealer), I received my car back. It was part of the fleet of cars recalled for faulty engines. My main concerns are the following:

Communication: I constantly had to call and ask for updates on my car. I was in and out of rentals during this nearly 4 months ordeal. I was called a few times. Two return calls to my many calls that I had already made, and one to pick up the car. I do not need to be comforted or made to feel special for this mess, but the vibe I got was a "nothing we can do, blame the Hyundai company" type of response every time. Communication is the dealer's responsibility and that is why I am pretty disappointed.

Transparency: Each time I asked what was being replaced or things to consider when replacing the entire long block engine, I received vague responses so as to not ask questions. When picking up the car, I expected a bit more detail on what happened and what was replaced. The service technician had a big stack of information but I received one paper with limited detail on what happened. The tech said a few words, showed off the cost of the repair and then shook my hand. For being so long without the car, I expected a bit more nuance and understanding of the situation.

Broken part: My door panel was opened and there was clearly a broken piece inside. The technicians left the screw in there, knowing the part underneath was broken, and the screw now just rattles and the door is clearly flexible (not like it was before). Just a sloppy job. If something is broken during the repair, expect the owner to find out.

The car still has the same problem from time to time as when I initially took the car in (it has trouble starting). So I do not know whether this is an issue of how the new engine was replaced or if it is the same engine block design and has the same problems.

Overall, pretty disappointed.
JACLYN F. from Downey Hyundai responded on 06/21/2019

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to speak to me about this issue over the phone. As I mentioned, we are eager to get your car back in perfect condition as well as making sure you are 100 percent satisfied with our services. If there are any issues that arise before your next appointment Tuesday, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly. We look forward to seeing you again next week and repairing this situation entirely, as your loyalty and well being is always our top priority. Thank you, have a great weekend!

2016 Hyundai Veloster
04/16/2019 Category: Service
Great follow up from team
Had a great team from Downey work with me and communicate well with fixing my car with consistent follow up calls and updates. My original score was not referring to Downey and want to make clear that Downey Hyundai did a great job compared to my previous dealerships and will continue to go to them in the future. Great job guys!

04/16/2019 Category: Service
Embarrased driving in the car
Unfortunately, I thought I was investing in a car company that had seemed to have been given great reviews about their service and love the fact that they are one of the few that carry a ten-year warranty. However, having my car for over three years and less than 15,000 miles on it when it is a 2016 model, I have been in dealership after dealership, and on my third one now after having it for not just what the standard services required, but over 15 more for service mistakes that were made by the dealerships and have had my car returned 13 of those times with it still not being fixed but paying for the labor. Not real confident in the services that are promised or given so far with owning the car for over 3 years now and hoping this will change for future car owners as no one should have to endure the amount of time I have had to spend with services not provided or accountable for in the past.
JACLYN F. from Downey Hyundai responded on 04/19/2019

Hi Ted,
Thank you for providing this feedback. I hope after our phone call that took place on Tuesday, you are feeling a little more at ease with your vehicle. As mentioned, we are doing all we can to figure out the issue with your battery and have our top techs looking for a diagnosis, as we understand the frustrations you have encountered with your Veloster as well as the other dealerships. We appreciate your loyalty to us and the kind words you mentioned about Downey Hyundai. As I mentioned during our phone call, please do not hesitate to reach out to myself and the entire service department if you need anything or just a simple update, we truly are here to help. Thank you Ted, and we look forward to speaking with you soon.

JACLYN F. from Downey Hyundai responded on 04/22/2019

Ted,
Thank you so much for taking the time to clarify and circle back with this review. I am happy to see all is going well and that your Veloster is running at its best potential. We appreciate your loyalty and patience through this entire process. If anything arises in the future, Downey Hyundai Service is always here to assist you. Have a great day!

GD
Gustavo D.
04/02/2019 Category: Service
Thank you for responding and resolving the small issue that occurred on my visit at Downey Hyundai. I look forward to my next visit.

04/02/2019 Category: Service
Place is great people are nice fixed my vehicle in a timely manner. My issue with my visit was neither the customer rep or technician did a detail explanation as to what was done to the vehicle like the cerritos location. Also a inspection is done ever time I take my vehicle in for service top off fluids, tire rotation, brake inspection ect.. none of this was done at the downey location to my knowledge because no one explained the state in which my car was in. They did however fix my vehicle quickly (o2 sensor) handed me my keys and said your welcome. If the services are different at different locations I apologize I was not aware but that does blow for the customer paying so much money for a car.
JACLYN F. from Downey Hyundai responded on 04/02/2019

Hi Gustavo,
I appreciate you taking the time to circle back and let our service department know how your last visit went. I appreciate your kind words about our staff and your car being returned in a timely manner. I do apologize about the mishap and that you received your car back without any explanations or future recommendations based off of an inspection. On our behalf, this is a fault on our side and it should have been reviewed and explained to you before your departure. Please feel free to come back at your best convenience and we will honor a free complete inspection of your vehicle at no cost. Do not hesitate to reply to this email directly if there is any further assistance I can provide you, I am happy to help. Thank you, and I hope we can regain your trust and loyalty.

JACLYN F. from Downey Hyundai responded on 04/08/2019

Good morning Gustavo,
It was my pleasure to resolve any issues that occurred, at it is always our service promise to make ends meet and provide top customer service to all of our guests. If there is anything else needed, as always, do not hesitate to ask. Thank you for your loyalty, have a great day.

OL
Oscar L.
07/11/2018 Category: Service
The manager gave a Profesional response to my concerns.
I received a call from the manager, he appears truly sorrow and assured me they will take the right steps to ensure it won’t happens again.

07/11/2018 Category: Service
Oil change went bad
I'm in fact quite disappointed. I took the vehicle for an oil change and inspection. After that I put my car on the garage and didn't use until Sunday. I was quite surprise when I found a quite large pool of oil under my car. Call Hyundai but service was close. I went down the car and found that the oil plug was loose and oil was leaking from there. I tighted the plug and the leak stop, but it was quite frustrated that you overlook it.
TIMOTHY O. from Downey Hyundai responded on 07/11/2018

Hi Oscar

I'm very sorry to hear of your disappointment in your last service visit. We try very hard to make our customers visit a pleasant one.
I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns. I will contact you after the holiday to discuss these issues. Have a great and safe weekend.

06/28/2018 Category: Service
Service manager
I am happy to know that Mr. Tim O'neil cares and took the time to listen to my service experience. Thank you and hope my next experience will be as expected. Appreciate your attention. Looking forward to meet you as well.

06/28/2018 Category: Service
Unsatisfied
Service department need to be more customer service friendly and be honest.
TIMOTHY O. from Downey Hyundai responded on 06/28/2018

TIMOTHY O. from Downey Hyundai responded on 06/30/2018

Hi A

Thank You for taking the time to explain your service experence. I'm looking forward to meeting you in the near future. Enjoy your weekend.   Tim

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
03/22/2018 Category: Service
The Best Service Ever!!!
I stopped by the dealership to see if they could fix my radio for me and they were happy to do it!!!They also reset my clock for me to the correct time!!! Tim, the Service Manager was awesome and so nice too!!! So if you're looking for a Hyundai dealership to be your car's home for service or looking for a great dealership to purchase from, this is it!!! Thanks Tim!!!

03/22/2018 Category: Service
Good & Not so good
The work they did was great but my radio no longer works like it used to... all I can get is ads to pay for Sirius radio which I do not want... :-(
TIMOTHY O. from Downey Hyundai responded on 03/22/2018

Hi A

I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns. Please call me at your earliest conveince 562 231-0100 ask for Tim.

02/22/2018 Category: Service
That extra mile made a difference...
I liked how the service manager was concerned about my experience that he contacted me to clear up any misunderstanding I may have had during my initial service and took the time to explain how they want to make sure I was receiving the best possible service. This small but important act shows how much they really care about "getting it right." So with that extra step he took made me give 2 additional stars up from my previous review.

--Deborah

02/22/2018 Category: Service
Good service but quality of service is in question
The sevice was good but two days later the indicator warning light came on saying my tire pressure was low. I found that interesting because the results sheet indicated that they checked pressure and it was reported it was fine. When I took the car to my personal mechanic I was told the pressure reading on the dealer’s report was significantly off. My personal mechanic corrected the problem.
TIMOTHY O. from Downey Hyundai responded on 02/22/2018

08/15/2017 Category: Service
Good
Wish this location would provide shuttles to nearby locations, or loaner cars.

08/15/2017 Category: Service
Service was unsatisfactory
Car wash left my car worse than it was before. Also, needed to go back because the parts I needed weren't available.
TIMOTHY O. from Downey Hyundai responded on 08/15/2017

Hi A

I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns at your earliest convenience. Please dont hesitate to call me at your earliest conveince 562 231-0100 ask for Tim.

EC
Eyver C.
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe S
07/24/2017 Category: Service
I received a call form Tim the service manager and he was able to assist with my concern. My car was checked again for the leak, this time by a certified technician. My problem was resolved and the staff was very helpful.

07/24/2017 Category: Service
Waste of my time
They wasted my time to "check" a leak in my car. Apparently the liquid coming out of my just miraculous made its way out without a leak.
TIMOTHY O. from Downey Hyundai responded on 07/24/2017

Hi Eyver

FU
Frederico U.
2014 Hyundai Elantra
Great customer service.
Every time I have my car serviced, the dealer staff is very attentive and follows up on all scheduled services rendered.

Customer service!!!
Staff needs to perform better custom service and not overlook any ones vehicle!!
TIMOTHY O. from Downey Hyundai responded on 07/11/2017

Hi Frederico,

Bell, CA
2013 Hyundai Elantra Gt
07/11/2017 Category: Service
Great customer service towards any concerns
I had a concern , and my concern was addressed almost imediately...the service manager is very friendly...and nice😊

Not so great service

Steve L.
2012 Hyundai Genesis
05/21/2017 Category: Service
I know you will make this good!!
Yes I had hoped Downey Hyundai would correct the situation and they have. I am very pleased with their work!!

05/21/2017 Category: Service
TIMOTHY O. from Downey Hyundai responded on 05/22/2017

Hi Steve

I would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns at your earliest convenience. Please dont hesitate to call me at your earliest conveince 323 725-1900 ask for Tim.

TIMOTHY O. from Downey Hyundai responded on 06/13/2017

Thanks Steve

Good talking to you. See you next service.   Tim

NP
Nicole P.
Resolved Problem
Thank you for resolving the issue. I understand mistakes can be made and issued might be overlooked. I appreciate the time you took to speak to my husband this morning and working with him through the day to help resolve the issue. I especially appreciate the turn around time, and looking forward to receiving my car back tomorrow. I have enjoyed my purchase from Commerce Hyundai, and this makes the experience even better. Thank you again for reading my original review and stepping up to help with the issue.

Poor job
Car problem was not fixed.
TIMOTHY O. from Downey Hyundai responded on 04/27/2017

Hello Nicole,

BV
Bonnie V.
Santa Fe Springs, CA
2013 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
Second Chance To Shine
After my initial visit, I was contacted by management expressing their concerns regarding my reactions to the service received.

I went back to the dealer to give them a second chance. And sure enough there was definitely a difference in service. I addressed my concerns about the panoramic roof and they quickly were able to identify and correct the issue.

I am much more satisfied with the dealer this time around and feel that they are willing to correct issues.

04/26/2017 Category: Service
Service Techs Don't Check!
Took the car in and to be honest with you im not confident that they actually worked on the recall. The reason being is that when I received the car back I was told based on the “28 point inspection” that I needed the following items taken care of
Cabin Filter, Air Filter, Wipers, Coolant, and Break Fluid
I was also told that my light were all in working order.
Well I let the service manager know that the Cabin Filter and Air Filter were 2 weeks old and I have the receipts and mileage to prove it. I also told him that the wipers were one month old; also have docs to prove it. I continued to explain that I had one fog light out. i pointed out that in the owner’s manual it states to swap out the coolant at 120,000 mile. I politely said I would not be having my vehicle services there since they couldn’t even “Inspect” the vehicle correctly. There is much more but this is good enough.
TIMOTHY O. from Downey Hyundai responded on 04/26/2017

C
Maybe

03/24/2017 Category: Service
C +
I will like to know why they didn't take air pressure to my tires and didn't add air since the sensor was on...
TIMOTHY O. from Downey Hyundai responded on 03/24/2017

Hi Rogelio,

Bell, CA
2016 Hyundai Accent
02/09/2017 Category: Service
Tim, the director of the department contacted me very fast and gave me a call back in the same day. We resolved the issue and Tim lightened my experience. Thank you for your great customer service Tim!

02/09/2017 Category: Service
Maintenance
Communication wasn't so good this day.
TIMOTHY O. from Downey Hyundai responded on 02/09/2017

A,

Respo

TIMOTHY O. from Downey Hyundai responded on 02/09/2017

J

It was a pleasure talking to you and thank you for you input. i look forward to meeting you next visit.

Tim

DN
Daniel N.
2013 Hyundai Genesis Co
01/21/2017 Category: Service
Chang of mind
It's a great place and it's close buy. The people are friendly..

01/21/2017 Category: Service
Till next time..
It's close buy and if I want to wait I can. Or I can leave and come back.
Michael M K., Service Advisor from Downey Hyundai responded on 01/23/2017

Hello Daniel

Thank You for choosing Commerce Hyundai for your service needs. Just as a reminder a second survey will be coming out in a few days and is very important to Commerce Hyundai as well, 10's and yes's please. Always a pleasure seeing you.

Javer
Service Advisor
323-725-1900
TIMOTHY O. from Downey Hyundai responded on 02/04/2017

Daniel

Great talking to you this afternoon. Looking forward to your next visit.

Tim O'Neil
Commerce Hyundai

TN
Timothy N.
Alhambra, CA
11/01/2016 Category: Service
service manager spoke with me
service manager spoke with me on the phone, appreciated his time.

11/01/2016 Category: Service
excess services
recommended excess service that ended up costing way too much.
TIMOTHY O. from Downey Hyundai responded on 11/01/2016

Timothy,

TIMOTHY O. from Downey Hyundai responded on 11/03/2016

Timothy

Thank You for taking the time to call me back to discuss and resolve your concerns. I look forward to seeing you next visit.

Tim ONeil
                          Commerce Hyundai

Jose R.
Santa Fe Springs, CA
08/03/2016 Category: Service
Service response to auto service
My own personal view was that on day I was there your entire service board was full of keys. Your service people were busy.i was only making observation as to you service to accommodate all of us.no I'll will and I would recommend commerce to all.i have yet to have a "bad" experience at your dealership.

08/03/2016 Category: Service
Oil change service
Service was average was busy and looked short-handed.direct to business .
TIMOTHY O. from Downey Hyundai responded on 08/03/2016