Exton Nissan

Latest Review about 2 months ago

Tharahan R. on 09/30/2017
"Bad customer service "
I bought many cars in this place and tried to buy two cars in last 3 months it's bad than ever I would recommen people to not go this place
Service Date: 09/29/2017
Review Created: 09/30/2017 01:39 PM
Henry S. on 06/30/2017
"Bad Service"
Went here for the "express" oil change...no other customers anywhere at 7:30 a.m. Lady told me I would have to leave the car there that they were booked...Nissan express is first come first serve...Nissan service seems to suck here in southeast Pennsylvania
Review Created: 06/30/2017 09:33 AM
Cynthia S. on 09/08/2016
"My horror story"
Time heals all wounds? Absolutely not!

My beloved Volkswagen died on me last year after 300,000 + wonderful miles on the road. I have always purchased used, and usually have opted for the reliable "beater." I decided to purchase a nicer used car through a dealership, with the anticipation that even though I am paying a service fee to the company, the car has been looked over by a qualified mechanic, and maybe some other perks would be added in. After a month of searching I found the perfect car. Yes, it was a slightly higher price than blue book, but this was because the car fax record was so well documented, the car's value increased. It was also a more reliable car, so the dealership assured me. I used my own financing, basically paying in cash. It was a win-win situation right? Wrong.

As a condition for the sale, there was an abs light illuminated, that I requested fixed. I also asked for a full tank of gas. They asked me to take it to cherry hill Volvo to be fixed and they would pay the bill. It was fixed, but cherry hill said that Exton would not authorize all the recommended work that went along with fixing the system. When I called Bob, the head mechanic at Exton, he said it was because those fixes were unnecessary precautions that Volvo recommends. He didn't bother mentioning the other things that cherry hill told him about. My guess is that he already knew.

On the day that I picked up my car, not only did they send me home with a half tank of gas, shortly after driving home, I started getting a spinning in the transmission at a certain speed. I second guessed myself because it was just off the lot and checked by the dealerships own head mechanic. A few weeks later I called and told them of what I continued to hear that made me uncomfortable. I also did a little research, and figured it was probably a component of the transmission, rather than the whole thing. They asked me to bring it in so they could check it out.

Fast forward to the test ride at Exton with Bob and my sales person: the car would not replicate in entirety the problem. Of course! I explained what I thought it was. From the back seat I heard Bob tell the sales associate in a joking way " that's why he never lets his wife go online, because she'll end up believing everything she reads." I gently reminded him that I have ears by repeating what I found and offered some solutions. I didn't want to waste my breath informing him I got my degree in research. His solution was for me to take it back to cherry hill, since they have the specialized equipment to diagnose my issue.

So back to cherry hill Volvo I go ( they're wonderful, btw). Tests confirmed a transmission issue and they recommended that it be replaced for around 6000.00! I was devastated. When I called Bob to raise my concerns about this, he asked me to drop it off so they could take it to stillman Volvo, who they work with often. After several days I called to check on it. But first I called stillman. Apparently it was looked over and returned a couple days prior, and just sitting at Exton. No one bothered to call me. I asked what they found out. They said they found no error codes. At this point I was getting livid, and highly suspicious of what was going on. So I called cherry hill and had them take another look at their records. They confirmed the transmission error codes. I asked why stillman found no codes? He said they could have been reset. I then asked if these errors had been found the first time that I brought it to them for the abs? He confirmed that they had, and that they had informed Bob at Exton of the issue.

I immediately called Exton. They asked me to come pick up the car. I talked to the manager. They were going to do nothing for me. I asked why if Bob didn't catch it before the sale (something I highly doubt a head mechanic would overlook, but a layperson would spot after driving over 20 mins), he would claim ignorance of the problem after cherry hill told him about it? I also suggested that it was very unusual that codes would just disappear after they had my car in their possession, and took it to a Volvo dealership they had a self proclaimed close business relationship with. Did they not trust cherry hill, or just not like the results? He basically said they did all they could do and that I was on my own, and pleaded absolutely no knowledge of the problem with the car. Hands washed.

A few months later, when I could afford it, I took my Volvo to a specialists (amazing mechanics). They fixed the problem. I was right! They also finished the required work necessary for the abs that Bob refused to authorize and a few other minor things they found. It cost me 2500.00.

So if you're considering purchasing from this dealership, I highly recommend you go anywhere else!!! Save yourself from the hassle and the attitude and the dishonesty you'll encounter here. Oh, did I mention Exton also over charged me about 12.00 in taxes, and still have not sent the check they promised to send a year ago.
Service Date: 09/30/2015
Review Created: 09/08/2016 01:22 PM
Steven S. on 11/24/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Find another Nissan dealership."
Do not come here for service or are expecting the dealership to treat you as anything other than a nuisance after you've purchased your car.

I've routinely made appointments for service only to find myself waiting absurd lengths of time to have it performed. Once for a state inspection, emissions test, oil change and to plug a hole in a tire:

- Arrived at 7:45AM for an 8AM appointment.
- Didn't hear anything until 10:15 AM - over two hours later.
- Declined any repairs, which weren't needed to pass, so it would only be an oil change and to plug the tire.
- Did not leave until almost 11:30.

What are these appointments for if I'm waiting 3 and a half hours almost for something that should be done in less than an hour?

Also on this same trip they supposedly changed the battery in my remote starter. 6 dollar charge. What do you know? Car is still telling me the battery is low and sometimes doesn't remote start.

Email to Chuck DeSantis, General Sales Manager, was not answered.

Email to Bob Inglido was answered and a free oil change was offered. I appreciate the apology and offer for an oil change from Bob but I'd rather just take the refund. No further contact from Exton Nissan after that - over a month and a half ago.

Less than 3 years in the car needed a new alternator. No charge except the 30 dollars for a rental if I wanted to work that day. Will not be back to purchase or for service. The Altima was fine and is a good car.
Service Date: 04/07/2015
Review Created: 11/24/2015 04:55 PM
Michael M. on 03/04/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"Great Place to do business!"
Great deal on my trade, great deal on my purchase, great service!
Service Date: 03/04/2015
Review Created: 03/04/2015 09:20 AM
Anthony C. on 01/13/2015
Verified badge inactive Verified
"great Job, Peps Parshad!"
Mr. Parshard worked dilgently to get this deal done and he was a complete gentleman during the entire process. Again, thank you Peps!
Review Created: 01/13/2015 01:20 PM
Sabine H. on 12/02/2014
Verified badge inactive Verified
""Bait and switch", bad experience"
Do yourself a favor and find a different dealer to buy a car. Made an appointment to see a used Lincoln Aviator for 6pm. Spoke with the internet person to verify the car was there, and was told it would be ready for a test drive that evening. Received a confirmation of my appointment at 4.45pm. Arrived at 6.20pm, only to be told that car was not on site. Then I was told car sold 2 hours ago. Considering I had come with pages of research on that car and ready to buy that particular car that night, I was very upset about having wasted my time and special coordination to make it to this particular dealership. A single phone call that car sold would have saved us a lot of time. The car had been listed for 45 days and was a good price, and I thought it sounded fishy that suddenly "the car sold two hours ago", but was still listed on the internet. I demanded to speak with a manager, who then told me that they posted the car on ebay for auction. I asked to see the auction, but they told me they couldn't close it early to sell me a car. I told them you can easily close an auction early as I had been an ebay seller myself, but they weren't willing to do this. Furthermore, they then couldn't find the actual auction. By this time, I was extremely upset, and the people I spoke with got more and more condescending ("We can't hold a car for anybody"). I strongly suspect this car was a "bait and switch" tactic to get you into the dealership with a good offer and then try to sell you something else. Especially since the car is still listed on the internet the following day....anyway, we went to Scott Honda Select in West Chester that same night, and drove off with a beautiful Hyandai Santa Fe with low mileage and great price. The dealership stayed open late to accommodate us and complete the sale, we were treated like valued customers and not like people taking a number at the meat counter. The whole transaction was smooth, our sales person was amazing, and the contrast in experience to Nissan Exton was like night and day. If you are looking for a wonderful car buying experience, Nissan Exton shouldn't be on your list.
Service Date: 12/01/2014
Review Created: 12/02/2014 07:36 AM
Dinesh T. on 11/02/2014
Verified badge inactive Verified
"The Best Nissan Leaf Lease Deal in Tri-State area"
Our lease of 2015 Nissan Leaf was a very pleasant experience. From the fair price to delivery was all accomplished quickly and professionally. We are pleased to recommend Exton Nissan Team as a preferred dealer. I have been shopping to lease a 2015 Nissan Leaf and the best buying and leasing experience I found at Exton Nissan. Sales Team including Amit, Chuck and Sean gave me the best lease rate in Tri-State. Thanks to the Finance manager Amit for the deal we could not refuse. Highly Recommend A++++++++++++++++++++
Service Date: 10/31/2015
Review Created: 11/02/2014 05:43 AM
Dennis G. on 09/05/2014
"Great service. Friendly people"
Was very happy with my experience.
Vehicle: Nissan JUKE
Review Created: 09/05/2014 03:23 PM
Mary W. on 08/30/2014
"Service"
My service adviser was very courteous and knowledgeable. The technician who did the work on my vehicle also did a very good job.
Review Created: 08/30/2014 07:20 AM
Verne W. on 08/30/2014
"Prompt and friendly service"
Jo Miller and the service team went the extra mile on behalf of my Nissan.
Review Created: 08/30/2014 05:21 AM
Fred A. on 08/29/2014
"fuel injector crazy"
I took my car in for an oil change, inspection. tire leak, and a 42 month check-up. I didn't see anything in the manual about fuel injection cleaning. I wonder why this was done, as it was not a recommended procedure.
Review Created: 08/29/2014 09:50 AM
Matthew M. on 08/29/2014
"oil change"
everything was swift and they honored my coupon
Vehicle: Nissan Frontier
Review Created: 08/29/2014 07:41 AM
Robert C. on 08/28/2014
"Exton Nissan"
I recently moved to the area and brought my car into Exton Nissan. Overall, great, fast and courteous service. I would highly recommend Exton Nissan baed on my experience.
Review Created: 08/28/2014 04:06 AM
Jennifer T. on 08/25/2014
"Customer Service "
Jo Miller is amazing! She was the only reason why I kept going back to Nissan of Devon where I bought my 2011 Xterra. When I found out she was not longer there I called Exton Nissan and was so excited and happy to hear her voice. She is friendly and kind, remembers me every time we talk. The service on my Xterra was fast and efficient. I will definitely be coming back for all my routine and maintenance work on my Xterra.
Vehicle: Nissan Xterra
Review Created: 08/25/2014 08:51 AM
John I. on 08/25/2014
"Excellent Customer Service"
Excellent Customer Service
Vehicle: Nissan Sentra
Review Created: 08/25/2014 05:40 AM
Kathleen B. on 08/24/2014
"Convenient, friendly, awesome waiting area"
Friendly service
Vehicle: Nissan Altima
Review Created: 08/24/2014 06:36 PM
Tony F. on 08/24/2014
"Fast, Friendly Service"
Been taking my truck there for 5 years. Never once had a problem. Service is excellent.
Vehicle: Nissan Frontier
Review Created: 08/24/2014 06:00 AM
Elizabeth S. on 08/24/2014
"prompt service with a smile"
I scheduled on line, got the time I wanted, and my routine 12,000 mile service and oil change were done very quickly. Everyone is very polte and friendly.
Vehicle: Nissan Versa
Review Created: 08/24/2014 04:14 AM
Chuck H. at Exton Nissan responded on 08/25/2014

Thank you for your kind words, we will continue to give you and all our customers prompt, polite and friendly service.

Eileen R. on 08/23/2014
"Great Service Department"
Recently brought my car in for inspection and oil change. The staff at Exton Nissan were helpful and polite and the service was performed in a timely manner.
Vehicle: Nissan Altima