Great Bear Auto Repair

George H. on 02/13/2018
George said he had a very good experience. The staff were very helpful and kept him updated. They told him what was wrong and when it was going to be fixed.
Vehicle: Buick Rendezvous
Service Date: 02/12/2018
Review Created: 02/13/2018
Michelle J. on 02/13/2018
Michelle said she received excellent service.
Vehicle: Kia Optima
Service Date: 02/12/2018
Review Created: 02/13/2018
Kwang L. on 02/03/2018
Kwang said the staff always provide good service.
Vehicle: Acura MDX
Service Date: 02/01/2018
Review Created: 02/03/2018
Eugene C. on 02/03/2018
Eugene said the business does a good job.
Vehicle: Lexus RX 350
Service Date: 01/29/2018
Review Created: 02/03/2018
Pinkui T. on 02/01/2018
Pinkui said he had a good experience at this business.
Vehicle: Toyota RAV4
Service Date: 01/20/2018
Review Created: 02/01/2018
DAVID Z. on 01/23/2018
"Quick with updates by phone"
My car needed an inspection. They called me with progress, and I was able to not waste any time waiting for my car to come out.
Vehicle: Hyundai Sonata
Service Date: 01/20/2018
Review Created: 01/23/2018 10:16 AM
Soul L. on 01/18/2018
Soul said his vehicle service did not take a long time. It was quick, fast, and overall, it was great.
Vehicle: Honda Civic Coupe
Service Date: 01/16/2018
Review Created: 01/18/2018
Hamed E. on 01/16/2018
Hamed said the business did a great job.
Vehicle: Toyota RAV4
Service Date: 01/13/2018
Review Created: 01/16/2018
George Z. on 01/08/2018
George said they are the best. He always does recommend this business. He stated he would like them to keep up the good work.
Vehicle: Jeep Cherokee
Service Date: 12/29/2017
Review Created: 01/08/2018
Kenneth M. on 01/08/2018
Kenneth said this business provided great customer service and work on the vehicle.
Vehicle: Chevrolet Camaro
Service Date: 12/30/2017
Review Created: 01/08/2018
JUAN G. on 01/05/2018
"Was given incorrect information "
I was told incorrect information that caused me to go to another carshop to get my vehicle inspected. Because of this I had to pay more this year to inspect my vehicle
Vehicle: Nissan Xterra
Service Date: 01/05/2018
Review Created: 01/05/2018 07:54 PM
The Great Bear T., Owner at Great Bear Auto Repair responded on 01/06/2018

As per New York State law and inspection regulations - an inspector can not pass the vehicle if your headlight bulb doesn't work and if lights are missing.

Wayne P. on 01/05/2018
Wayne said he's been dealing with the business for 20 plus years. He's never had a problem. He states they are excellent, they do good work on his vehicle, and they have friendly service.
Vehicle: Dodge Challenger
Service Date: 01/02/2018
Review Created: 01/05/2018
JOANNA C. on 01/04/2018
"Red Rabbit"
I have received another excellent quality service at this place. It's worth it to me to travel all the way out to Queens and would never return to auto service centers in Bklyn.
They had to replace my power steering pump after hearing the noise when the engine is cold. Why couldn't they determine that in Bklyn?
Vehicle: Subaru Outback
Service Date: 12/14/2017
Review Created: 01/04/2018 04:06 PM
JOSE M. on 01/04/2018
"Great service "
Came here twice and both times have been great. They are fast and easy to work with. The young lady who handles customer
service as you walk in is amazing. Always helpful and always offering a delicious beverage.
Vehicle: Hyundai Sonata
Service Date: 01/03/2018
Review Created: 01/04/2018 12:10 AM
JACINTH C. on 01/01/2018
"Decent Honest Respectable Service"
One day while watching FIOS 1 TV, I saw an ad about a woman owned auto company named "Women Auto Know" and that they even have classes to help everyone, including women of course understand the workings of their car and not be so scared of car repairs etc.(hence being more confident) including not being taken for a ride by unscrupulous mechanics. I do not live near the company's location but at once wrote the information down and kept it. Eventually, I knew I had to give them a call, when my 13 year old car, with less than 80,000 miles started needed attention. I just could not get the local mechanics to explain to me - a woman - exactly what is going on; it was obvious that my questions were not welcomed and so I started feeling "being had" at their expense...sure this is quite understandable to whomever reads this.

My husband usually takes care of the car with mechanics for me, but his work schedule had changed so much that he could not help me as before...(turns out not to be the worse thing to happen anyway...

Now I am a very private person and prefer to tell my friends by word-of-mouth and so do not really write reviews, but had to write this one....

On my first attempt to find the place I got lost and was driving for about 3 hours. So next time for the first time in my life, i used my husband's GPS attached to the windshield of my car- which i always thought i could not do - listen to that thing tell me where to turn etc. but i was determined to get there and I did.

Well my troubles to get there was well rewarded!!
Everything was explained; my whole car was checked to my satisfaction and they even showed me what was wrong and what needed changing, in addition to what was not wrong...
A few weeks before going there my car started to "screech" when I would break, and no one else who worked on that car ever saw that problem which apparently did not get the way it was "overnight"...

I did not even have it in mind to tell Great Bear about my screeching brakes, because I did not realize it was a problem as yet although I hated the sound... but as soon as they showed my what was going on, I put 2+ 2 together and it was confirmed the screeching was a symptom of what they found...

NO SCREECHING SINCE I LEFT THERE!!

I asked Great Bear about a recommendation I received to have 2 different areas on the car fixed - turns out only 1 of the area needs to be fixed and absolutely nothing is wrong with the 2nd area of recommendation...They took me to a diagram on the wall and showed me the 2 areas of my car and one does not relate to the other as I was led to believe...

I will be taking my time and fixing all the wear and tear necessary for my 13 y.o. car and when that is all done, the body work shop is right next door on the premises.

What a refreshing oasis in the desert of this age of "auto mechanics unscrupulous-ness" - towards people when they feel helpless with car problems - instead of looking to honestly serve.

Honest service is what I experienced at Great Bear.

I AM MOST IMPRESSED WITH THEIR SERVICE... To say the least

I really can hardly believe that in these days I could find such a place and I thank God for it. May Audria and her staff be blessed to continue such good and decent work.

I consider myself fortunate to have "stumbled" upon Great Bear...
I will continue to go there and have a goal of attending one of their sessions to get more familiar with my car...
Vehicle: Nissan Sentra
Service Date: 11/24/2017
Review Created: 01/01/2018 04:17 PM
ANDREW L. on 12/31/2017
"Great Service!!"
Very nice and informative office staff who provide great customer service. Prices are in line with industry standards and they repaired my car as soon as I brought it in. I would definitely recommend this garage.
Vehicle: Honda CR-V
Service Date: 12/30/2017
Review Created: 12/31/2017 05:13 AM
Charles J. on 12/29/2017
Charles said the staff was very kind and quick. He was very satisfied.
Vehicle: Volkswagen Tiguan
Service Date: 12/26/2017
Review Created: 12/29/2017
Harry A. on 12/26/2017
Harry said the service provided by this business was quick.
Vehicle: Lincoln MKX
Service Date: 12/20/2017
Review Created: 12/26/2017
Lester L. on 12/23/2017
Lester said he appreciates the level of service he usually gets from them.
Vehicle: Honda Odyssey
Service Date: 12/19/2017
Review Created: 12/23/2017
Mike K. on 12/19/2017
Mike said the staff provide great customer service, especially the 2 women up front.
Vehicle: Hyundai Santa Fe