Grove Street Auto Repair

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

12/12/2018
Great work and on time
Friendly staff, quality work and completed on time
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 12/27/2018

Thank you so much for your kind review, sir! Wishing you a  happy and healthy new year in 2019.

complete info provided
They sent me a cool link with pictures of my rotted exhaust and gross cabin air filter. Having those pictures to look at really made it easy to understand what they were recommending on my poor old car. I just need another year out of it, and the list of recommendations they gave me with the priorities was super helpful. Definitely will keep going back! Thanks!
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 12/10/2018

It is critical to understand the repairs needed on your vehicle; the Digital Vehicle Inspection is a vaulable tool for this.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you for your review on Surecritic! We are honored to have earned your trust and loyalty.  Please consider also leaving a review on Google, Yelp or on your favorite Facebook group! Small businesses thrive on word of mouth.

FN
FRANK N.
12/07/2018
Great place that i will consider for repairs.
I've been here twice recently for inspection stickers. However each time I was in the waiting room I was impressed with how professionally they were dealing with customers. Good explanations on their service work, estimates, alternatives and accommodating when work could be done. Although the visits were just for inspections, first and second impressions were very positive.
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 12/10/2018

Thank you for coming in to have the state inspections done. We welcome the opportunity to provide any services your vehicles may need in the future. You can make an appointment through our website, www.GroveStreetAutoRepair.com, or just give us a call at 508-520-8697. Thank you and happy holidays.

NS
NICOLE S.
Milford, MA
Jen was super nice!
I have been bringing my car to the dealer for years so I didn’t have a trusted mechanic. My mom highly recommended this place so I gave them a try. Jen was very nice, helpful and easy to talk to on the phone. I knew I’d be spending a lot of money so I think I got a fair price. Place is modern and clean. They could use a bigger parking lot. I made an appointment and dropped car off at 8 am. I do think others without appointments got priority (the place was packed before 8:15 am. My car wasn’t diagnosed until after noon and not finished until closing at 5 with an 8 am appointment. Overall the experience was good. I’d go again.
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 12/07/2018

Thank you for coming in and giving us the opportunity to service your vehicle. We have four technicians working on vehicles simultaneously, and it does keep us pretty busy. As you experienced, we diagnose vehicles which are dropped off with us in the morning, and then once we put together the estimates and check on availability of parts, we call you to discuss and obtain approval for repairs.

If you ever need your vehicle back by a specific time, please let us know when you make yourappointment, and we will be sure to schedule it to meet that time.

Again, thank you for your business. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Brighton, MA
Oil Change and Tire Rotation
Came in for an oil change, which was fairly priced and finished reasonably quickly. I was also given the option while there to have my tires replaced given their mileage, which was again fairly priced (though not quite as speedily done). All in all a pleasant experience, with friendly staff.
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 12/07/2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit. We will do our best to get you in and out quickly at your next visit.

Thanks,

Winter Wheel switch
Wheels delivered by Tire Rack and Grove street gave a call to sechedule a time right away.
Drop off, service status and pick went fine.
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 12/10/2018

Thank you so much!!!  Happy holidays.

NM
NICK M.
Tire Purchase
The staff was knowledgeable and provided me with a few tire options and prices so i could decide which tire was best for me. The service was fast and complete. I highly recommend Grove St Auto Repair.

Nick,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a great review! Happy holidays to you and your family.

Dodge Journey
11/21/2018
Dodge Journey Battery Replacement
The battery died as my wife was about to leave for Thanksgiving and Grove Street was able to fit her into the schedule, picked up a new battery, and swapped it out so she could get on the road. Thank you for another example of great customer service!
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 11/26/2018

Thank you so much for taking the time during a busy Thanksgiving week to leave a review. We are so glad we were able to take care of your wife's vehicle so she could get back on the road to her Thanksgiving holiday. Nothing is more stressful than being ready to leave, and then finding you can not even get out of the driveway! We hope you all have a wonderful holiday with your family, and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

TED M.
Nissan Sentra
11/15/2018
Always Excellent!
Always great service for all my vehicles.
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 11/15/2018

Thank you so much, Ted! We appreciate the opportunity to service your family's vehicles. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.

DAWN B.
Lexus ES 350
11/14/2018
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 11/15/2018

Thanks, Dawn!  As a fellow family-owned business, you know how appreciative we are of your business and kind words.

LI
LYNNE I.
Bellingham, MA
Jaguar X-TYPE
11/13/2018
family owned
always have trust with Grove St Auto

Lynne,

Thank you so much!!!  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.

MINI Cooper Hardtop
11/13/2018
Super kindness
Good service!
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 11/15/2018

We are so glad to hear your recent visit went so well! As a family-owned business, we strive to treat our customers like family. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

RT
RICHARD T.
11/08/2018
Friendly people
The work is always done right the first time
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 11/08/2018

Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your continued business.

ED
ED D.
Chrysler Sebring
11/05/2018
FRIENDLY CREW,
REPAIRS ALWAYS DONE RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, JEAN AND JEN VERY HELPFUL WITH QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS,THEY CALL WITH UPDATES AND WHEN THE VEHICLE WILL BE READY.GREAT SHOP.CANT WAIT FOR THE SUMMER PATIO TO OPEN UP NEXT YEAR.

Ed,
Your visits are a bright spot in our day. Thank you for bringing your unique sense of humor into every exchange!

SUSAN B.
11/04/2018
Exceptional - as always!
My most recent visit to Grove Street was for an oil change. The oil change, like all other work I have had performed there, was handled professional and promptly. I have been a customer of Grove Street for 10+ years, and I keep coming back because they consistently do good work, they never hesitate to take the time to explain, in depth, exactly what work I need done and they never fail to make me feel welcome.
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 11/06/2018

We are always so happy to see you, Susan. Explaining the details of what your vehicle needs is something we take seriously, and we are always happy to discuss the repairs needed. It is a big investment, and we want you to be be comfortable with the repairs done.
Looking forward to your next visit.

JACQUELYN K.
Kia Soul
11/02/2018
I Found Grove St Auto Repair Online And I'm So Glad I Did! Excellent Service, Very Friendly And Helpful. Great Service Team All Around! I Will Definitely Recommend GSAR. 😊
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 11/06/2018

We are so glad you found us, too! Did you know you can access your vehicle history online? We can provide you with an access code to OwnerAutoSite.com where you can see every service you have had done here.  Let me know if you need your access code.

We look forward to servicing your vehicle in the future.

NS
NORMAN S.
Acura TSX
10/23/2018
Friendly, efficient, trustworthy
We have never been disappointed with any work done on our cars. The staff is friendly and efficient. I love being able to make appointments online and dropping the car off the night before. They do not 'find' extra things that need to be fixed as I have experienced with other places, but make great recommendations on what we need to do to keep our cars running for a long time.
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 11/06/2018

We appreciate your taking the time to leave such a detailed review. Our goal is to help you keep your vehicles in good running condition; we will let you know what services it may need in the future, and help you prioritize what repairs are most critical. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

MICHELLE / JIM S.
Lincoln MKX
10/22/2018
Service results
They treat you like they are working on a family members car. You trust they are doing what is needed and not selling you things not necessary.
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 11/02/2018

Thank you so much! Being a small family-owned and -operated business means we really do consider our customers to be family. This is the highest praise you can give us, and we are honored to have earned it. We will continue to improve while not losing sight of the family connections.
Jean

PK
PAUL/MARGARET K.
Dedham, MA
Chevrolet Cruze
10/19/2018
Love the loaner!
We recently moved from Franklin to Dedham. My family and I are moving to East Falmouth this month. Being offered a loaner vehicle has made all the difference. It allows me to leave my car in the best of hands while not missing a beat with the tasks of the day. Just another great reason why after 20 years of amazing and honest service, my family and I will not trust the health of our motor vehicles to anyone else but Grove Street. We will be traveling off Cape to Grove Street to have our vehicles serviced.

Margaret and Paul,
Customers like you become friends as well. We are sad you are moving, but so glad we will still see you when you come "off Cape" to see us!
Best of luck with your move.
Fondly,
Jean and Patrick

Bellingham, MA
Ram Pickup
10/17/2018
Inconsistent service, better before “expanding”
Owners are knowledgeable however others reiterate what they are supposed to without considering how the vehicle owner feels about it. Telling someone nonshalantly their vehicle did not have anything identified as wrong, or tells you what it needs, sounds major, freaks you out internally, but they can’t explain what is going on. Very frustrating. Also it never comes home from a minor service without a list of major needs to now be repaired- when it was just there a month or 2 ago for other things.
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 11/02/2018

Thank you for your candid review. I apologize you did not receive clear answers to questions you had while your vehicle was last here. Please call me or email me with any questions about your visit if you need clarification on anything as soon as possible so we can resolve it. Please ask for me directly when you are here next, or call me and I will make sure we address your questions or concerns.

Each time a vehicle comes in for any service, we do a courtesy inspection. Whenever we see something that may need attention in the future, we make a note of it. The purpose is to help you plan and budgets for repairs rather than have a preventable emergency arise.

Our goal is for you to be 100% comfortable with the service your vehicle receives with us. We hope you will return so we can do this for you.
Sincerely,