Grove Street Auto Repair

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

Franklin, MA
09/25/2019 Category: Service
I went in for a simple oil change and was told I need over $3000 worth of work. Took it somewhere else and that was not the case.
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 09/25/2019

Since this review is anonymous, we are unable to respond directly to your concerns. Please feel free to call me directly at 508-520-8697 and I would be happy to review this with you.

It sounds like maybe you were not expecting the additional information. Please allow me to explain our process. We do a full digital vehicle inspection on every vehicle, and document, with pictures, any concerns we find. Some items could be urgent, and some could be maintenance or things to re-check at the next visit. We believe in giving our customers a full picture of the health of their vehicle to make educated decisions.

Again, please call me or email me at Service@GroveStreetAutoRepair.com anytime.
Jean
Grove Street Auto Repair

ALANA S.
Franklin, MA
11/02/2016
Overprice oil change
Had an oil change and it cost me almost $65. The oil change itself was $24.99 but then I was charged more just for labor. They rotated my tires but anywhere else that is usually part of the oil change. Customer service at the desk was fabulous but I can't afford the oil change , I won't be going back
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 11/21/2016

Tire rotation is a critical part of tire maintenance, and will help ensure you get the most miles out of your tires. Industry standards recommend you rotate the tires every 6 - 8,000 miles. It is a small investment which will save you money in the long run.

Thank you for your kind words about our front desk personnel. If they did not explain the charge for the tire rotation to you prior to the service being performed, please contact me directly and I will provide a credit towards your next service with us.

We hope to see you again in the future. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy the holiday season.

Jean, Service Manager

and

ANDREW S.
04/04/2016
Nice people
They did the best they could on the truck. It's a old truck and it needs lots of work is the exact quote from them. After spending over $900.00 on brake work and a fuel strap on the old truck.
I really like the employees there but I will take my truck elsewhere going forward.
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 04/29/2016

It is a hard situation when you have an older vehicle and need a lot of repairs. I am sorry you feel you have to take the vehicle elsewhere for the rest of the repairs. We thought we were fair in our initial diagnostic information, by telling you that it did need a lot of work before you put any money into it all, so you would be fully aware. Once you decided to go forward with repairs, we did what we could. If you should decide to do any further repairs to the truck, we would be happy to assist you. Thank you.

ANDREW S.
03/05/2016
I brought my truck in for brake work, it was very expensive and I was warned it would be so that is fine as long as the work is done correctly and it seems to be.
My only complaint is that my ABS light has stayed on in my dash and my emergency brake light has stayed on since the work has been done.
I brought it to there attention when picking up the vehicle and they said I'm not sure why that is happening? Maybe it will go off in a while? Well it hasn't and it's very frustrating to have all that work done and then something so simple is not happily fixed when picking up the vehicle.
I expected more from grove street.
I wish they had just fixed correctly the first time and my emergency lights weren't always on.
Now I will not know if there is a problem because they are always on.
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 03/24/2016

When the vehicle came in to our shop, it had multiple blown brake lines and very little brake fluid left in the system. There was also a strap that was rotted on the fuel tank, which was an issue. The vehicle needed many other repairs but we concentrated on these two at the request of the owner.  Once the brake lines were replaced, we filled the brake fluid and bled the brakes. We discussed the ABS light with the customer at pickup and explained that it may be a sticking float issue due to the low brake fluid level and the high level of corrosion in the original brake fluid. We suggested driving the vehicle for a few days to see if the float became unstuck and resolved on its own.
The customer brought his vehicle back a few weeks later, and we did diagnose the issue and recommended the appropriate repair. We fully explained the issue and the customer opted to not do additional repairs at that time due to the high mileage and age of the truck. We feel the issue was resolved successfully with the customer.

LP
LAURIE P.
Chevrolet Cobalt
11/16/2015
Surprises
Was quite content with my oil change and filter. Accepted that I need new wipers and air filter but was taken aback by saying I needed an oil change within a month or so and that my serpentine belt needed to be replaced. My boyfriend (who is in the used car business and whom I bought the car from) said I did not need and oil change for at least 6 months or needed serpentine belt right away since he had checked that before I bought the card. I have a feeling because I am a woman and alone at the time that maybe they were trying to take advantage of the situation. Nonetheless I find them friendly and courteous.
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 11/20/2015

Hi Laurie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our services.  Your feedback is very important to us, as we strive everyday to meet our customer's expectations. Thank you for commenting that the staff was friendly and courteous; that is an integral part of our business model.

I understand you would like to have your vehicle's oil changed every six months. We would be happy to take care of the oil change and courtesy inspection for you at that time.

Again, thank you for your feedback. Have a wonderful holiday season.

Jean Bradley, Service Manager