Grove Street Auto Repair

Overall Rating 1.0/5rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0rating 1.0

Mazda CX-9
09/28/2019 Category: Service
Service was great, repairs done well, pricing was steep
Had a couple repairs quoted by a dealership out of town while away on vacation (have used that dealership in the past, reputable). Decided against having them do the repairs bevau if time constraints. Had Grove St do then when I got back, but pricing was nearly $400 higher. Their work / turnaround time was impeccable as always, but you pay for it
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 09/30/2019

Thank you for your review on Surecritic. Our goal is always to do the work as quickly as possible and we are glad we met your expectations for that!

09/25/2019 Category: Service
thoroughly check of vehicle and detailed information with photos
Good work, but one thing is it looks like overpriced little bit
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 09/25/2019

Thank you for your review on Surecritic! We are glad you appreciated our Digital Vehicle Inspection report, including the photos of items we recommended addressing. We will keep this information in your file for any future visits.

Chris, Jean and the team at Grove Street Auto Repair

KG
Kathleen G.
Norfolk, MA
09/25/2019 Category: Service
Great but expensive
Friendly, clean, thoughtful, and honest. Great experience until I got my bill. Would have been cheaper to take my car to the dealership. Will not go back.
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 09/25/2019

We are glad you had a great experience here with us and were able to take advantage of the "Welcome Neighbor" offer. Please check our website for other coupons in the future. Did you know we also have free courtesy vehicles and a shuttle service?

HC
HOWARD C.
02/21/2019
first time for my vehicle
my 2017 was due for an oil change and Grove Street Auto also recommended tire rotation and filter changes and all went well. I forgot about a 10.00 discount coupon but the service person voided out the bill and created a new one for me to reflect the change and that was nice. I was happy with the service although I thought it would have been nice it they gave me a service report of all that was checked in the vehicle. I will go back again when service is due and/or if a problem arises. Nice to have a repair shop you can trust.
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 02/22/2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We truly appreciate your feedback.
We have a digital inspection report detailing all the items checked on your vehicle. We typically try to send those out on every vehicle, but I see we did not have your contact information in the database.  I would be happy to send the link to you if you would like to call me with your cell phone number or your email address. The report includes pictures so you can see the items we marked as "recommended." For example, we would have included a picture of the cabin air filter if it was dirty.

We look forward to your next visit. Thank you again.

Small businesses thrive on word of mouth.

MARJORIE H.
01/30/2019
Friendly front desk folk, clear explanations of what they did, family atmosphere
I can always count on Grove Street Auto repair to take care of what I need for our vehicles. Thank you!
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 01/30/2019

Thank you so much, Marjorie! We appreciate your business and only wish we had more time to chat when you come in! It is sad that your "Easy Walks" book vanished, but I hope someone is using it to find new places to hike.

Thank you for your review on Surecritic! We are honored to have earned your trust and loyalty.  Please consider also leaving a review on Google, Yelp or on your favorite Facebook group! Small businesses thrive on word of mouth.

NS
NICOLE S.
Milford, MA
12/07/2018
Jen was super nice!
I have been bringing my car to the dealer for years so I didn’t have a trusted mechanic. My mom highly recommended this place so I gave them a try. Jen was very nice, helpful and easy to talk to on the phone. I knew I’d be spending a lot of money so I think I got a fair price. Place is modern and clean. They could use a bigger parking lot. I made an appointment and dropped car off at 8 am. I do think others without appointments got priority (the place was packed before 8:15 am. My car wasn’t diagnosed until after noon and not finished until closing at 5 with an 8 am appointment. Overall the experience was good. I’d go again.
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 12/07/2018

Thank you for coming in and giving us the opportunity to service your vehicle. We have four technicians working on vehicles simultaneously, and it does keep us pretty busy. As you experienced, we diagnose vehicles which are dropped off with us in the morning, and then once we put together the estimates and check on availability of parts, we call you to discuss and obtain approval for repairs.

If you ever need your vehicle back by a specific time, please let us know when you make yourappointment, and we will be sure to schedule it to meet that time.

Again, thank you for your business. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

LK
LESLIE K.
Honda Accord Coupe
09/29/2018
Reliable auto mechanics
I went in for an oil change and a few other minor concerns and they were good enough to address every one of my issues. Also reminded me of when I should consider other maintenance. Good job!
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 10/03/2018

Thank you, Leslie, for coming in. Did you kow you can sign up for the OwnerAutoSite.com option and track needed maintenance recommendations? It will also show you the details of the repairs you have had done here with us.

Have a great weekend,

BD
BOB/BARBARA D.
Ford Five Hundred
03/24/2018
Estimates too high
Recently had a synthetic oil change priced as expected. I was given an estimate for new brakes and routers that I thought was way over expected price. I will be taking my vehicles elsewhere for additional estimates. Disappointing because I have trusted grove street for years but I am not glued to any one business for anything. Place overall is friendly but vibe there has changed
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 04/02/2018

Bob and Barbara,

Thank you for your honesty. I understand your concern, and have reviewed the estimate we provided for you last year. I sent you a private email, and hope you will call me to discuss it further. We value our business relationship, and hope we can reach a resoution.

Grove Street Auto Repair

MK
MYRNA K.
Toyota Avalon
02/16/2018
Found cause of dash board lights.
Hopefully the new gas cap will solve the problem. However, I had to return to your shop in the morning because the door to the gas cap did not open.
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 02/19/2018

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad we were able to resolve your issues both days so quickly.

TH
TAMMY GAIL H.
02/06/2018
Oil change, tire rotation
Service is good and I like that they call before they do anything that was not expected.
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 02/07/2018

Hi Tammy,
Thanks so much for the review! We know that no one likes surprises and will always call you with additional information.
We look forwared to seeing you again in the future.

PD
PETER D.
01/28/2018
Bit expensive
Front desk was great, friendly and professional. But the cost was more than expected, 90 bucks for an oil change, ouch.
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 01/29/2018

Hi Peter,
Thank you for your review. I am glad our service staff met your expectations.

As the automotive manufacturers move towards using full synthetic oil in more and more vehicles, this will become more standard. Please check our website and facebook page for coupons before you come in next.

Since we typically set the oil change interval for 5000 miles, and tire rotations are recommended every 6000 miles, we will be happy to do your free tire rotation at every oil change for you.

LC
Lauren C.
Volvo XC70
12/22/2017
Convenience and location
Everything went ok but I just didn't like that it took all day. That was the only thing I didn't like. Other than that everything went very well.
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 12/26/2017

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It is good to hear that the service went well.  I understand your comment about needing to leave your vehicle with us for the day. Right before the holiday is a hard time to be without a vehicle!

We have a couple of options foor you to consider in the future. If your vehicle's service is a quick one, you can set up an appointment to come and wait. For example, an oil change and free multi-point safety inspection would take no more than an hour.

If the service is more time intensive, we do have several courtesy vehicles. The next time you schedule service with us, we can talk about which option you would like.

VH
VIVIANA H.
06/23/2017
Great service, but...
I've been taking my car to Grove Street for almost two years and have always been very satisfied with their service and prices. However, they have a new receptionist and I definitely miss the man who was there before. He knew about cars, knew what each milage service included or not, kept good track of everything. The new girl on the other hand, has no idea. Plus, when I called the last time to schedule service I specifically ask to include the state inspection. And when I left my car in the morning, I wrote the service the car needed (new brake pads) and the state inspection on the form included with my keys. Well, she didn't have it done. Obviously did not look at what she wrote when I called nor to the note I left. Very disappointing.
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 08/09/2017

Thank you for your honesty, Viviana. I am sorry the process was not as accurate as it should have been on your visit in June. Our front desk team member was still very new at that time, and we have reviewed our training procesdures to be sure this does not happen again.  Your satisfaction is very important to us; please feel free to call me directly in the future if you have any questions or concerns, and I will address them immediately.

I know you have been in for subsequent service; i hope the most recent visit was seamless and accurate.

Enjoy the rest of the summer.  Thank you,

JOHN M.
05/02/2017
No surprises. All went well
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 05/05/2017

MARISSA M.
Nissan Frontier
01/11/2017
Very good
Overall very good. Forgot to do an oil change though which I had requested.

MARK H.
GMC Yukon XL
12/25/2016
Auto Inspection
Great service, got our car in fast and completed requested work as our sticker date was expiring.

MT
MARK T.
Ford Taurus X
12/21/2016
I like how they check the car over and pint out what is needed but I think the cost if the repairs would be an added bonus for the consumer.
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 12/23/2016

Hi Mark,

I would be happy to do an estimate on the recommended repairs for you - please email me at Jean@GroveStreetAutoRepair.com and let me know what you'd like estimates on.

Merry Christmas!

MATT D.
Acura TL
11/04/2016
Timely service, forgot to ask permission for a pricey item
I have been coming to Grove street for over 5 years and always had professional service. This time they changed a maintenance item I didn't ask for and charged me almost 50 dollars for a 15 dollar part I wouild have done myself. Everything else was great, I was just upset with the bill that included that after I already spent a thousand dollars.
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 11/07/2016

Matt,

Thank you so much for taking the time to speak with me today about your recent experience with us. I apologize for our error in charging you for a part that was not authorized. I have addressed this issue with our staff to be sure it does not happen again, and processed a full refund to you today for the part.

I truly appreciate how graciously you responded. Your long-time loyalty is valuable to us, and I am grateful to know that this did not damage our relationship. I also appreciate your feedback about how much you are enjoying the ride from the BF Goodrich tires you purchased. A superior tire makes all the difference in how your vehicle handles and responds to the road conditions.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future; remember to schedule your free tire rotation in about 6000 miles.

Sincerely,
Jean and the team at Grove Street Auto Repair

PD
PAULO D.
Nissan Leaf
09/05/2016
Best service around
The service is great and fast, people are nice and caring. My only criticism was that I was promised a vacuuming of the car along with the service and it did not happened. Still they are the best service I have found so far next to my home in Franklin.
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 09/06/2016

Paulo,
Thank you for your kind words about our service and our team members. I am so sorry we were not able to perform the complimentary vacuuming on your vehicle. Please remind us then next time you come in for service, and we will wash AND vacuum your vehicle for you! Thank you for trusting us with your vehicle's repairs; we look forward to seeing you again soon.

NM
NANCY M.
Acura TL
08/13/2016
Jean and Steve work hard to make to give the best in customer care and it's truly appreciated.
Always reliable and trustworthy. I'm so glad to have Grove Street close by.
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 09/29/2016

Nancy,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.