Grove Street Auto Repair

Bellingham, MA
Ram Pickup
10/17/2018
Inconsistent service, better before “expanding”
Owners are knowledgeable however others reiterate what they are supposed to without considering how the vehicle owner feels about it. Telling someone nonshalantly their vehicle did not have anything identified as wrong, or tells you what it needs, sounds major, freaks you out internally, but they can’t explain what is going on. Very frustrating. Also it never comes home from a minor service without a list of major needs to now be repaired- when it was just there a month or 2 ago for other things.
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 11/02/2018

Thank you for your candid review. I apologize you did not receive clear answers to questions you had while your vehicle was last here. Please call me or email me with any questions about your visit if you need clarification on anything as soon as possible so we can resolve it. Please ask for me directly when you are here next, or call me and I will make sure we address your questions or concerns.

Each time a vehicle comes in for any service, we do a courtesy inspection. Whenever we see something that may need attention in the future, we make a note of it. The purpose is to help you plan and budgets for repairs rather than have a preventable emergency arise.

Our goal is for you to be 100% comfortable with the service your vehicle receives with us. We hope you will return so we can do this for you.
Sincerely,
Jean

Thank you for your review on Surecritic! We are honored to have earned your trust and loyalty.  Please consider also leaving a review on Google, Yelp or on your favorite Facebook group! Small businesses thrive on word of mouth.
#shopFranklin

JOHN T.
Worcester, MA
Mazda 626
05/04/2017
Over charge on engine diagnostics
Overcharge on engine diagnostics but no fee for staging vehicle. Staff was professional and polite.
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 05/05/2017

John,
Thank you for your review on Surecritic.  I am glad to hear our staff met your expectations.

Allow me to share some information about our diagnostic pricing. Our technicians are highly trained, and we have invested a great deal in updated technology and training. This enables us to do accurate diagnosis of very complex engine issues. The typical minimum charge for diagnostic testing is $100, as you experienced. At the end of this process, we are able to tell you exactly what the trouble issue is and what repairs we recommend. Our repairs are all warrantied, and we take pride in making sure our customers are well taken car of.

There is no charge for some of the other basic diagnoses, such as just listening for a noise. I am happy to answer any other questions you may have; call anytime. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

#shopFranklin

DAVID S.
Franklin, MA
11/01/2016
Concerned
Steve,
When I came in Monday(10/31) morning at 8 for a service appointment it was clear that a service slip for me was not in the appointment bin. No problem.
I was however surprised when when reviewing my bill that a charge to replace a battery was $47? Looking back at my 1/13 bill the charge to replace a serpentine belt was $49 and the charge for an oil change was the same on both invoices. I am perplexed as to why replacing a battery and a serpentine belt can fall into the same time range. I think if you charged $150 for the battery and put the the red safety boot back on the + terminal I would not sound so negative.
I hope that the quest for high tech efficiency does not overshadow the great service provided to a long time customer.
Dave S.
Patrick, Jean a., Owner from Grove Street Auto Repair responded on 11/21/2016

David,
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me about your experience. We have had discussions here internally about making sure that appointment paperwork is always prepared prior to every visit to ensure there are no glitches when you arrive.

We were able to talk about the labor charges for each of the services, and also we have implemented additional QA processess as a result to make sure each and every service is performed at our high quality standards.

As you recongized, we have some great technology and communication tools. Our most important service though is our customer service, and will remain our focus even above the technology.

Thank you for stopping in the other day; I am sorry I missed the chance to say hello. Your long-time loyalty is valuable to us, and we appreciate the opportunity to improve our service based on your feedback.

We wish you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving.