Overall Rating 4.7099234/5Overall Rating 4.7099234/5Overall Rating 4.7099234/5Overall Rating 4.7099234/5rating 4.7099234
Overall Rating 2.1374008/5Overall Rating 2.1374008/5rating 2.1374008rating 2.1374008rating 2.1374008

2018 Hyundai Kona
05/19/2018 Category: Service
Unhappy customer your review
I purchased a new Kona and within 200 miles I picked up a non repairable screw , if I would have been told up front that the screw in my tire was not covered under any warranty the factory or extended that I purchased I would have purchased my tire somewhere else !
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 05/21/2018

Thank you for the feedback.  I am sorry to hear you had some bad luck and picked up a nail in your tire.  As a gesture of goodwill we charged you $0 labor and discounted the tire price.  I apologize that this solution was not good enough, and I wish we could have spoken before you agreed to the price of the tire.

CR
Carlos R.
2016 Hyundai Elantra
Fixing my issues
Chris took my complaint seriously, and right away he was able to fix my two issues. Very professional in keeping his customers. I will certainly recommend this dealer to others.

Not careful
The people in the office are courteous, but the ones working in the car are not careful when working in the car. It smells like they never change the air cabin filter. Also, they are not careful when checking the air pressure on the tires. They lose the plastic caps, and now a little round cover on the wheel cover is missing.
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 05/17/2018

Thank you for the feedback Carlos.  I am sorry to hear your last visit was not up to standards.  I am sure Chris will take care of this for you.

702-565-9571

Thank you for the rescore Carlos.  I am happy Chris got you taken care of.  Please call me if you have any other issues.

KK
Karen K.
Mohave Valley, AZ
2013 Hyundai Elantra Gt
Poor
Mechanics who serviced my car didn’t do there job.
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 05/16/2018

Thank you for the feedback Karen.  I am sorry to hear your service was not completed to your satisfaction.  During your service all of your fluids were filled.  If your washer fluid reservoir were leaking slowly it would not have been evident to the technician who filled it, and then leaked out overnight.  It was my understanding that we had spoken with you and verified your washer fluid reservoir was likely leaking, and you were to return here when it was convenient for you for a complete inspection.  It was also my understanding that your advisor spoke with you a second time and was waiting for you to send a copy of the invoice from the mechanic in Bullhead.

HR
Harold R.
04/25/2018 Category: Service
Poor service and over charging on the quoted price
Was quoted $69 for the needed service was charged $95. Was told and hour to complete, it took 2 and a 1/2 hours before I got my car and I had to find someone to tell them that it was ready.
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 04/25/2018

Harold I apologize for the poor service you received.  It appears that we have failed in multiple aspects of your visit.  If you ask around you will find out that this is not a normal occurence for us, and we typically have the utmost respect for our customers' time and money.  We take our customer complaints very seriously, that's why we are #1 in Nevada for customer service.  Your experience does not sit well with me.  I would like to speak with you and see what I can do to rectify the situation.  I did try to reach out to you by phone, but I was unable to leave a voicemail.  I would appreciate it if you would call me at your earliest convenience.

Pahrump, NV
03/25/2018 Category: Service
service sucks
Took too long for lousy service.
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 03/26/2018

Thank you for the feedback.  I am sorry to hear your experience here was not up to your expectations.  As a valued customer, we do try our best to make sure you are satisfied.  For our customers with the lifetime oil change package we do require minimum factory maintenance also be performed.  Self service maintenance is a better option for some of our customers, unfortunately the free oil changes are then no longer an option.  Obviously our price to complete the repairs will exceed the cost of doing it yourself, but we do try to have value for our customers who are not adept at repairing their own vehicles.  The spirit of the lifetime oil change program is to give something back to our loyal customers who service their vehicles with us.

Richard S.
03/06/2018 Category: Service
Willingness to resolve complaints
After posting my review, the service manager Jim reached out to me to offer an apology and a resolution. I am very happy with the outcome and feel confident that this was a one time incident and if another were to occur Hyundai will work to fix the problem. Thank you Jim.

03/06/2018 Category: Service
Terrible Service
HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!! I scheduled an oil change appointment for Saturday 3/3/18. I had been having issues with one of my tires as well and had a slow leak so I planned on having that looked at the same day. When I got there Saturday 3/3/18 I explained to them about my tire and they also mentioned the recall procedure that needed to be done. After about an hour and a half the person who was in charge of my appointment calls me to tell me that I had a small nail and small hole in my tire. He told me they could patch it but also recommended that I get 2 new tires because the tread was worn on 2 he said. I told him I would go with the patch for now and then I would be back to replace the 2 tires. He said okay and that he would get it patched. Another 2 hours go by and my car was done. I was told that my tire had been patched. I had to pay $29.66 for the patch. I set up an appointment for 2 weeks later to replace my tires. So, later that evening around 6pm Saturday 3/3/18 I get on the highway, as I'm accelerating I get to about 50MPH and my anti-skid light comes on and stays on. I can't accelerate or do ANYTHING. Not really sure what was going on all I could do was take my foot off the gas and hope no one slams into the back of me. I get down to about 35mph, on the highway and head towards an exit. After I get down to about 25mph the light goes off and I can accelerate again. I drive home hoping I would have no more issues. Next morning my tire is flat!!! Luckily tire works is open Sunday. I have them give me air and the guy also told me my tires were over inflated to 45psi. Monday morning, today 3/5/18 my tire light was on once again and my tire is going flat. Obviously i'm pretty upset as this put my life in danger when I was on the highway since they didn't properly patch my tire, also I had to call my job to tell them I'd be late. I get to Henderson Hyundai and explain the issue and told them I didn't have another 3 hours and need this fixed. There was no priority put on my issue. An hour and half later, the guy comes and tells me they can't patch it and I needed to replace it. If this was the case why did they tell me they'd patch it Saturday!!!! Was this the plan to have me come back Monday to pay for a replacement? The only thing I was offered was to deduct what I had already paid for the patch! The faulty patch they didn't even do correctly which put my life at risk! And on top I had to spend another 2 1/2 hours waiting! Terrible terrible service and to only offer me to deduct the $29 I paid for their faulty work is ridiculous. Beware when you have work done here. Also, anytime I have EVER done an oil change it's a minimum of 2 hours waiting even with your appointment. I'm done doing any service with Henderson Hyundai.
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 03/07/2018

Thank you for the feedback Richard.  I am sorry to hear you had such a poor experience during your last visit.  I have tried to contact you to see if there is anything I can do to remedy the situation.  Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

KH
Karl H.
2007 Hyundai Azera
02/27/2018 Category: Service
Follow-up on John in the Service coordinators position
John as "the face and voice" of the service department was very professional during my recent "Azera noise investigation" disappointment. He was not only courteous and inquisitive but knowledgeable and cordial. He must act as the go-between for his manager and me as the customer....not always a comfortable situation, I'm sure, but one he handles well.

02/27/2018 Category: Service
Noise search
I brought the car in to have your experts attempt to identify the source of a noise coming from the engine compartment "area." I explained to John, who was very professional, that I had recently changed two motor mounts trying to solve the problem to no avail. Subsequently, I was advised that after driving the car and evaluating the noise that my problem was the front control arms which were after-market and had torn rubber bushings and in fact didn't even fit the vehicle properly. I then advised John that I had also just replaced both control arms in this effort to silence my noise. He indicated that he would have his manager review my problem and check the car. His findings were: "Upper control arm bushings are torn. Both upper control arms are aftermarket. Recommend replacing arms........" This was not very helpful in that I returned the car to the mechanic who replaced the arms two months ago and we could not see torn bushings or any misfit. I remain confused, after spending my $135 for your evaluation, but I am investigating the rear motor mount and transmission mount which I suspect are problematic and/or my struts. I can't say that I was pleased with your service or even that I could believe the findings that I have reviewed.
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 02/27/2018

Thank you for the feedback Karl.  I apologize that you feel you did not get what you paid for, we strive to provide our customers with excellent service and value.  I would love to have another shot at diagnosing your vehicle.  I will make sure you do not leave with any confusion as to what is the source of your noise.  Please let me know when it would be convenient to bring it back here.

Byron H.
2005 Hyundai Santa Fe
02/22/2018 Category: Service
Service department needs a overhaul
See my comments in the service review. I am not looking at trading my car in to Henderson Hyundai and looking other dealerships.

BYRONL. HARMON
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 02/23/2018

Thank you for the feedback Byron.  I am sorry to hear that your experience here did not go as expected.  I apologize for you having to bring your vehicle back to get it right, but I will be more than happy to make sure it is taken care of.
It sounds like your vehicle may have purged some additional air from the cooling system after if was driven.  This is not uncommon, and one of the many reasons there is a coolant reservoir attached to the cooling system.  Typically a simple topping off will do the trick.
As far as your transmission fluid condition is concerned, the technician is doing a simple visual inspection.  It appears your fluid was changed at 83000 miles.  Typically we change the fluid every 30000 miles.  Transmissions wear internally and cause a blackening of the fluid due to metal particles that are worn off.  Over time these particles build up significantly and attach to the inside areas of the transmission.  A transmission flush typically removes some, but not all of this debris.  The debris then attaches to the new fluid and darkens its appearence.  The longer the interval between changes, the darker that fluid will appear.  In some cases, we have recommended a second flush in an attempt to clear out excess debris.  If it were a while before you did the initial flush, the new fluid now would have a darker appearence.

12/29/2017 Category: Service
Recall on vehicle
Customer service was very poor and they treat you like a number
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 12/29/2017

I am sorry to hear our service did not meet your expectations.  We most definitely do not want you to leave here feeling like a number.  We have one of the highest customer satisfaction ratings in the country, and we work very hard for that.  Please let me know what happened, and if there is anything I can do to make it right.

Boulder City, NV
2011 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
12/25/2017 Category: Service
Service was ok, customer retention sucked.
Waited 4 hours to tell me that my transmission was blown and spent 3 hours wasting my time on cars while listening to deals that would never work for me. Took all that info to Nissan and they worked out a deal and took my negative equity. Shop around and have patience.
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 12/27/2017

Thank you for the review.  I am sorry to hear you could not work out a deal with sales.  Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you.

LH
Linda H.
11/23/2017 Category: Service

11/23/2017 Category: Service
John that works in the service department is a 5 star Rating
they still have not repair my car
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 11/24/2017

Thank you for the feedback Linda.

RO
Robert O.
2012 Hyundai Elantra
11/21/2017 Category: Service
Not Worth the Time or Money
Came in with an appointment - waited over 2 hours to be told that I had a faulty taillight assembly and that would cost $500. Declined and requested they replace the signal light and brake light. Signal light still doesn't work. Spent $135 for an "evaluation" of my car. Felt ripped off - won't return.
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 11/22/2017

Thank you for the feedback Robert.  From my understanding both of your tail lights were filled with water and had to be removed from the vehicle in an attempt to replace the bulbs.  Unfortunately there was nothing we could do for a repair, and the moisture quickly burned out replacement bulbs.  We would have been happy to put your labor charges towards the replacement of your tail lights.  I understand it is a significant expense for the parts and I am sorry we could not reach an agreement and get those replaced for you.

Terry B.
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe
11/14/2017 Category: Service
Problem solved
Service manager called to apologize which I felt was very kind of him totally unexpected as I’ve never given a not very good review and really didn’t think anyone really read them. Nice man and I’d like to thank him for his time

11/14/2017 Category: Service
Service reps don’t bother to call you and let you know when your car is ready
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 11/14/2017

Thank you for the feedback Terry, I am glad you took the time to let us know we did not give our best effort.  We never like to let one of customers down.  You being a long time customer of ours it stings even worse.  Please know that everyone here will do our absolute best going forward.  If you ever have any future concerns, please don't hesitate to let me know.

ROBYN B.
10/26/2017 Category: Service
Bad experience
Bad service
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 10/26/2017

Robyn I am sorry that you are having an issue after we performed a repair.  Our goal is always fix it right the first time.  I can assure you that your fender liner was replaced.  We have not, and never will, charge a customer for any work that was not performed.  I am curious to see what happened to cause it to break free again.  You have been a long time customer and I would hate for this unfortunate event to alter what you think of us.  Please let me know how I can be of service to you going forward.

Robert H.
10/19/2017 Category: Service
Happy with respond
Henderson Hyundai resolved my problem happy to go back.

10/19/2017 Category: Service
I do not like being lied too will never return I will pay for oil change elsewhere.
Poooooooor
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 10/20/2017

Thank you for the feedback Robert.  I am sorry that you feel you have been lied to.  We always make a habit of being transparent to our customers, so hearing this comes as a bit of a shock to me.  I would love to be able to speak with you and possibly clarify any misunderstandings that may have occurred.

702-565-9571
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 10/23/2017

It was a pleasure speaking with yoiu Robert.  Thnak you for allowing me to resolve our situation.  I look forward to seeing you next time.

DT
David T.
10/09/2017 Category: Service
Inept
Mechanics are clueless about their own vehicles. Very uncaring staff about what it means to be without a vehicle for a week or more when the vehicle is a persons income.
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 10/10/2017

Thank you for the review David.  I wish that you had reached out to me sooner with your concerns, I may have been able to help you through this process, instead of simply being subjected to your meritless and mean spirited review.  To be clear, your vehicle was diagnosed quickly and correctly, and your transmission was replaced as soon as it was delivered from the manufacturer.  When your vehicle was brought in previously, the proper diagnostic procedures were followed, per the manufacturer, and your transmission did not indicate a failure.  Obviously Hyundai requires a very thorough diagnosis and specific information before they are willing to allow us to make such an extensive repair.  As a staff we understand what it means to have a vehicle down and we work very hard to get it back to you as fast as possible.  Getting approval and delivery on a transmission is a process, and we are as expeditious as possible on our end.  We are also happy to supply a rental vehicle to all of our customers whose vehicles are down for more than one day.  However, no rental facility will allow for their vehicles to be delivered commercially.  I apologize that the rental facilities will not allow their vehicles to be used as Uber or Lift vehicles, but those are their rules.  By nature, all vehicles are going to have failures and will require some amount of down time.  If driving is your primary source of income, and you cannot be without a vehicle, perhaps you should look into a secondary form of transport when your primary vehicle is in the shop, knowing that you cannot use a rental vehicle and their is no other choice.

EL
Ethel L.
Dolan Springs, AZ
2015 Hyundai Tucson
09/30/2017 Category: Service
Treated like the Invisible Owner
Got a service update email to come in for 70,000 mile checkup-my car only has 41,150 miles. Took car in for oil change and asked to have tires inspected for tread wear and recommendation if they needed to be replaced. This request was repeated to service consultant by man who checked my car in when I arrived. Service consultant ignored both our requests and no one ever told me about my tires. This dealership's service department must be desperate for business.
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 10/02/2017

Thank you for the feedback Ethel.  I apologize for the miscommunication.  Your tire condition was marked as green for all four tires on your inspection sheet.  I am sorry to hear that your advisor did not go over those results with you during the delivery process.

RU
Ricardo U.
09/26/2017 Category: Service
Disappointed again
I was given a free oil change service due to a bad experience last time. When they were done, I checked my tires and they all were at 29 psi. The paperwork they gave me said they completed a 34 point inspection but obviously that wasn't true. My next service is a big one requiring several inspections and replacing parts. I do not feel confident they will do what needs to be done.
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 09/26/2017

Thank you for the feedback Rico.  I apologize for your tires not being set, and I take full responsibility.  I put the pressure on my guys to make sure your car was in and out expeditiously, due to your previous visit.  They certainly completed your oil change quickly, but forgot to set your tire pressure.  I looked over the vehicle myself and verified the rest of the inspection was completed thoroughly.  I completely understand your lack of confidence.  We are supposed to be the best service department in the Las Vegas area.  We certainly did not prove that here.

Brent S.
09/24/2017 Category: Service
Starts out very friendly then you get caught in all there red tape...you have to jump through hoops and spend to keep your warranty

Thank you for the feedback Brent.  Please know that anytime you feel that something is not handled to your satisfaction I am here for you.  Please do not leave here with an unresolved problem without coming to see me, my door is always open.  I will make sure everything is done to fix any issue you have.  As far as maintenance is concerned, you are never forced to do it here.  You can also choose to do it yourself, or at another shop, just be sure to keep whatever receipts you have.  We don't believe in pressuring anyone into doing anything, it is always at your discretion.  We make recommendations based on manufacturer's requirements and our abnormal climate conditions that best suit our customers' vehicles.  The bottom line is we charge a fair price for what we do, but it is not for everybody.  I just wanted you to know that you are not backed into a corner, and you have options.

Rosita C.
09/22/2017 Category: Service
Poor service
Last time I had oil change I have to wait almost 3 hours. I had bad experience every time I have maintenance on my car. I have the free oil change that's why I have to go back
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 09/23/2017

I am sorry to hear that every time you come here you have a bad experience.  That is not typical of the customer experience here at Henderson Hyundai.  On your last visit we also performed a recall which is what likely caused your longer than normal wait time.  I apologize for the service advisor's inability to properly communicate that to you.  We try to set appropriate expectations for wait times.