Overall Rating 4.7076951/5Overall Rating 4.7076951/5Overall Rating 4.7076951/5Overall Rating 4.7076951/5rating 4.7076951
Overall Rating 2.1307644/5Overall Rating 2.1307644/5rating 2.1307644rating 2.1307644rating 2.1307644

BP
Belinda P.
09/18/2017
Left with damages - Bent rim
The service department use to great and full of people with Integrity. KEYWORD: use to be.
I have a 2013 Hyundai Sonata
Called in on 9/6/17 due to car couldn't pass truck on fwy and started slowing down. Felt transmission slipping. First appt. 9/8/17 at 11am. Asked to drop on 9/7/17 after closing due to work schedule. Dropped off car, only issue was transmission slipping.
Started of with Debra but switched to Chris as advisor. (He was very nice), he called and said they would get me a rental as it would be until Mon/Tues to fix and that air filter was bad. I came got belongings saw air filter and okayed having that replaced. Nothing else was wrong with car. Nothing else advised by Hyundai as well. Didn't hear back Monday. Called finally returned Tuesday that turbo and couple things under the powertrain warranty needed to be replaced and they would f/u Weds. Called Thurday 9/14 to get status before working late shift. Got vm stating car done but now there was bent rim, bad bearings and hub. Nothing to do with transmission. This was unacceptable and I left message with service manager. I would understand if I was at fault or did something but this happened during week of car being there. James the service manager returned call on Saturday 9/16 and said he talked to tech amd said car came in that way. Went on to say he personally knew him for 14 years so if he drove car off cliff he would cover so knows he didn't do it. I asked for further research as I know for fact I didn't bring the car in that way and now its undriveable. He said he would do his due diligence but most likely would not do anything. The car sat Fri/Sat and I brought to tire shop today to have inspected. Was told and got in writing, nothing is wrong with bearings or hub and that I do have bent rim.
This is so unethical!
To me this shows the tech has lied to say I have repairs needed in tune of $1200 cause they had to warranty issues to transmission. That and they bent rim or swapped with another vehicle. Something happened during the week at Hyunda, so now I will have to come out of pocket. I feel the service manager will still side with employee even when after learning that the tech has already lied about other repairs that are needed.

Now until I can replace rim, it's unsafe to drive to car. I am in hospital daily with family on life support and have 2 kids under 3 years old.

Waiting to see how the follow up goes but until then I am upset I am being called a liar and the fact my car came back the way it did. And now there are 2 more recalls and I am scared to even take it back.

Very upsetting since I use to have great relationship in service. But most left in change a few years

Follow up on Sunday by Service Manager:

Belinda I have 20 years experience as a master tech, you were quoted a bearing and hub due to the extent of damage to the wheel, to assume that those items are not damaged from impact isem. I spoke with you extensively about this yesterday, With all due respect to whomever you took the car to, I am not getting into a he said, she said with them. I spoke with you extensively about this yesterday, and I told you I will do what I can to check what little video I have.

Monday 9/18:
Call from Service manager James.
I don't care who or what looked at your car. They are irresponsible and have no clue about cars and Hyundai is not responsible and will not fix it period. I trust people here and not you. We followed steps and there is reason I am in charge. I have 20 years experience. Then he went to say, if you fix here great you got your quote, take it somewhere else and get rim only and drive and God Bless you when you get in accident.
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 09/18/2017

Belinda your vehicle was received with the wheel damage, the technician noted it immediately, and we are not responsible for damage you do to your own vehicle.  You were quoted a fair price for the appropriate repairs for your vehicle, you have declined those repairs.  I would appreciate if you are going to recall what we have discussed publicly, please don't misrepresent what I have said.  I would never speak to a customer in the manner or tone you are insinuating.  I wish you the best, and hope you do the right thing in regards to repairing your vehicle for the safety of yourself, and everyone else on the road.

2016 Hyundai Elantra
09/04/2017 Category: Service
Poor service
Make sure you have lots of time to sit and wait
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 09/05/2017

Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate hearing from our customers, even if it isn't good news.  I apologize for the miscommunication during your visit here.  We do try to accommodate all of our customers, especially those who have a possible emergency, like a battery.  We do our best to fit those in between our completely filled schedule of appointments.  There are many dealers that would not be able to even address your concerns on the same day.  There are others that would not even consider seeing you within an appointment made days in advance.  We are determined to accommodate our customers no matter what.  Even a customer such as yourself, who has never been here for service before, and purchased their vehicle at another dealer.  We took you right in, immediately, without an appointment, and had your vehicle tested and repaired within 2 hours.  The charging and testing needed to satisfy the manufacturer's warranty requirements sometimes takes longer than that by itself.  I am sorry if you feel that you received poor service and we deserve the lowest possible review score for that.  I believe this is clearly a situation where your expectations were not properly addressed upon dropping the vehicle off.  We definitely could have done better in that department, and I'm sure we will if you decide to come see us again.

2013 Hyundai Elantra Co
09/01/2017 Category: Service
How many technicians does it take to find a nail?
This was awful. 3hrs, can't find the nail we told you was there. Next visit took almost 1.5 hrs to fix said nail we had previously pointed out. Why when we tell you "there is a nail in the back driver tire" do you bring my car back 3hrs later and say "no nail". Shocking 3 days later I'm back in your shop. You literally don't care about the customers and just make people wait for literally nothing to be done on the car.
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 09/01/2017

It doesn't get much worse than this.  It sounds like there was a breakdown on every level.  I offer you my sincerest apologies, but at this point, if I were you, that would be meaningless to me.  I am personally responsible for everything that happens in our service department, and I want you to know that there is nothing I value more than my customer's time.  For you to have to bring the vehicle back a second time is unacceptable.  For you to have to wait excessively is also unacceptable.  For your tire puncture to go ignored the first time is downright incompetent.  My goal is to eventually have every customer interaction perfect, and we are getting there, but we are obviously far from the finish line.  I have reprimanded both the technician and your service advisor for allowing this to happen.  I will certainly do whatever I can to make sure it does not happen again.  I take what happened to you very personally, and so do most of the people here.  We come to work every day with the goal of making sure our customers are well taken care of.  If there is anything I can do to repair this, and attempt to regain your trust in us, I am more than willing.  Please feel free to contact me anytime.

702-565-9571x109

ED
Ellen D.
08/15/2017 Category: Service
read comment on first page
poor
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 08/15/2017

Thank you for the feedback Ellen.  Obviously our focus is first on making sure all of our shop equipment is up to par, because proper safety and repairs are our priority.  As far as the wash is concerned we have an outside company responsible for the maintenance on that equipment so we are very dependant on them.  The wash has been down multiple time this seaon due in part to being overworked and also the excessive outside temperatures.  We are doing our absolute best to keep it running.  My hope is that in the future we are graded by the quality of our service, rather than the inability to provide a free courtesy service to you.

GC
Gordon C.
2014 Hyundai Elantra
08/12/2017 Category: Service
I have no problem with the store (or its personnel). It's the fact that I had to spend over $300 for a new battery because it's the one thing NOT covered by the bumper to bumper warranty that chaps my ass.
Nothing further to add (see my previous comments).
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 08/14/2017

I am sorry that the manufacturer warranty does not cover your battery.  Unfortunately batteries are considered a wear item because of their known lifespan.  I liken it to the batteries in a remote control, just way harder on the pockets.  Please note in the future that these surveys are for rating the service department, and more specifically your service advisor.  If you have any further questions or concerns please don't hesitate to call me.

John B.
Still not corrected
Issue still unresolved and, after arrangements made to have it fixed, over an hour after agreed on solution should have taken place, was contacted stating plans had changed.

Hyundai failure
Can't fix the issue with the vehicle after two attempts.
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 08/11/2017

I am sorry to hear you are still having trouble with your vehicle John.  Please know that we will do everything we can to make sure your vehicle is repaired correctly.

702-565-9571
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 08/25/2017

John we agreed to make arrangements to go above and beyond and deliver a loaner vehicle and pick up your vehicle across town in an effort to make your situation easier.  When the loaner vehicle was not delivered back to us on time by the previous loanee, we were unable to do so.  I apologize for not coming through as promised due to conditions beyond our control.

We were then more than happy to send a technician offsite to complete the repairs, but we could not agree on a time with your wife.  We were then willing to send a technician at any time the next day, but we were again refused.  Please understand that we don't ever normally travel from the store to complete repairs, or drop off loaner cars, we are not equipped to do so.  However we were willing to try to make an exception for you, because we always make our best effort to help.

The last thing we want is an angry customer, whose feels their time has been wasted.  I felt that spending our time and resources instead of yours was appropriate for this situation.  For our efforts you have given us not one, but two, of the lowest score surveys possible.  I completely understand your frustrations, but I believe you are directing them at the people trying to help you, instead of where they belong.  Your issue is a product malfunction, and we have twice tried to identify and repair an intermittent concern that is not present when your vehicle is here.

In the future we will be happy to repair your vehicle  here at the dealership, as our efforts to do more have been received by only more contempt.  We appreciate your business, and value you as a customer, but we cannot continue to offer our more help and be punished for it.

2015 Hyundai Elantra
very happy
I am very happy with Henderson Hyundai. They are up front with their responses to my questions and their answers reassured me that I did not make a mistake in purchasing their extended warranty.

question on warranty
could only send by making up a rating. My question still stands regarding the extended warranty I continue to pay for each month.
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 08/10/2017

Mike L.
2013 Hyundai Tucson
good service
was concerned with my issue and corrected it. Good job!!!

Poor rating
Never have parts and have to return.
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 08/08/2017

Mike I am sorry to hear you have to make another trip to repair your seat.  It is amazing to me that something that seems so easy to repair can become so complex.  Please know that we will do our best to make sure it is completed to your full satisfaction.

Todd S.
Awful service department
My car was in the shop for about 7 weeks to replace the whole engine. I understand it is a lengthy process to complete this procedure on my car, that isn't the issue. I was told the car was finished and ready for pickup last week. I picked up my car and went on with my day. About 6 hours later, I am driving my car, and the whole engine stalls out and every dashboard light ignites. I pulled over, restarted my car, and everything seemed back to normal. I called Hyundai and they told me to drive it down there, so I did. When I got there, they hooked my car up to see if there was any engine codes, which there wasn't. My service advisor said it could have been because the car was sitting for so long. He also suggested not to leave my car for them to look at it longer because everything seems fine. So I left. I drove about 8 miles when the car started jerking as if someone was repeatedly tapping the breaks. All of the lights turned on again but this time a simple restart would not fix the issue, and the check engine light was on. I had to get the car towed to Hyundai and end my work day early, losing out on valuable hours and money. This is absolutely embarrassing to Henderson Hyundai and is unacceptable. The fact that they thought the car was good to go shows the level of professionalism in your service department. On top of all of this, I have tried to be in contact with my service advisor, and left a message, and I still have not received a reply - more than 24 hours later. I will be sure to tell everyone I know NOT ago purchase a Hyundai especially from the Henderson location. This is not the first time I have had issues with the service department either, as I am sure you have records of what has happened in the past.

I apologize for your inconvenience Todd.  However, the issues you are now having with your vehicle appear to be of no relation to the engine replacement, but rather an electrical malfunction.  Your vehicle was operating perfectly when it left here, and when you brought it back, we inspected it and you agreed it was again operating perfectly.  Your vehicle is approximately 7 years old with over 80,000 miles on it, problems are known to occur in older vehicles with higher miles.  We will do everything we can to properly diagnose and repair your vehicle, but please keep in mind that we cannot be held responsible for all of your vehicles issues.

2016 Hyundai Veloster
07/18/2017 Category: Service
3 hours for an oil change
I was here on a Saturday and it took 3 hours for an oil change I had an appointment and could see 1-1 1/2 hours but it was way too long
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 07/18/2017

I am sorry for the misunderstanding, but it was not your oil change that consumed the majority of your time here, it was your fuel smell complaint.  We followed manufacturer protocol for a fuel smell, and that takes quite a bit of time.  We have to carefully inspect the vehicle for any possible fuel leaks, and thoroughly inspect the evaporative emissions system.  We give any fuel related concern the proper importance it is due.  I apologize if your advisor did not explain the amount of time it would take to make sure your vehicle is 100% safe.

RU
Ricardo U.
07/18/2017 Category: Service
Bad from start to finish!!!
I booked a noon appointment and came early just in case. I sat in my car for 20 min waiting to be checked in. When I booked the appointment, she told me twice it would be $69.95. They charged me $100 stating the girl on the phone must have thought the oil change was free with coupon. I never mentioned a coupon when I called but they still charged me $100. The only highlight was my salesperson, Christopher Stanley, recognized me, greeted me and checked on me while I was waiting. His customer service is Excellent!!!

Thank you for the feedback Ricardo.  I am sorry to hear your service did not meet your expectations.  In the future if there is a billing discrepency I would be happy to fix it for you before it even gets to the cashier.

Chad W.
Columbus, OH
07/11/2017 Category: Service
Just a number....
With being a superstore also comes being large in volume. If you want to be treated like a number, and just that, shop here.
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 07/12/2017

Ouch Chad...it hurts worse when I am critiqued by another Ohioan.  Typically I am used to seeing reviews about how nice and caring the advisors are.  I would like to reach out and call you and hear more if that would be possible.

TL
Tammy L.
07/11/2017 Category: Service
Violet vegas
Horrible service

Thank you for the feedback Tammy.  I am sorry to hear your wait was longer than expected.

KULWINDER S.
07/10/2017 Category: Service
Oil service
Very disappointed with service
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 07/11/2017

I am sorry to hear your service did not go as well as expected.  Your tire pressure was likely set high due to the tires being warm, as opposed to the 34 psi cold reading you are referring to.  I have also verified that Bennie sent you a copy of the inspection that was performed on your vehicle.

SL
Sammy L.
2013 Hyundai Veloster
07/08/2017 Category: Service
not doing what you asked them to
They beginning of the service was great .they where quick to help me and wrote me up quick ..they said they would do what I asked and I felt confident while I waited but was so disappointed when I got the car back
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 07/10/2017

Sammy I am sorry to hear that we did not do our best for you.  I would like to speak with you about your visit.

EA
Enrique A.
Temecula, CA
2013 Hyundai Veloster
07/07/2017 Category: Service
Miss-diagnosed issue
They miss-diagnosed the overheating issue and charge me $450 for a part I did not need
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 07/08/2017

Enrique I am sorry to hear that you feel we have not properly diagnosed and repaired your vehicle.  We replaced your thermostat, which is typically considered a maintenance item at your mileage, and also recommended radiator hoses.  I would like to hear more about what happened.

Jennifer T.
07/04/2017 Category: Service
Unorganized
Unauthorized Labor
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 07/05/2017

Thank you for the feedback Jennifer.

MA
MARIA/RAMONCIT A.
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe S
07/04/2017 Category: Service
Dishonest Service Department
They tried to hustle and overprice the services rendered. The name of my service advisor was Jerod.

Ramon I appreciate you giving us some feedback, but lets be accurate.  The codes we pulled from your car were due to damage underneath the vehicle from striking something in the road.  We did not just turn off the light, we inspected the vehicle, tested the evaporative emissions system, determined the problems, and gave you an estimate of repairs.  You declined to pay for the repairs, or contact your insurance company, to correct the check engine light.  You were charged appropriately, because we cannot submit damage related items to Hyundai for warranty.

2015 Hyundai Tucson
06/30/2017 Category: Service
Service department is extremely rude and not friendly
Service department is extremely rude and not friendly. Makes you feel like your annoying them when you have a question. We were helped by a man named John that had no professionalism at all and the manager on duty was even worst
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 07/03/2017

Thank you for the review.  I am sorry to hear that everything was bad on your visit here.

GB
George B.
Pahrump, NV
06/27/2017 Category: Service
service sucks
service sucks
James H., Parts and Service Director from Henderson Hyundai Superstore responded on 06/27/2017

Thank you for the feedback George.