KC
Kate C.
Tyler, TX
05/02/2020
SHADY AND UNPROFESSIONAL
We had a HORRIBLE experience! I had issues with my mazda overheating along with some electrical issues so we took it here, based on the reviews. We get a call saying the thermostat needed to be replaced and that it would be $300 for them to fix it. Fortunately we knew how to replace the thermostat ourselves so we told them not to touch the thermostat and just work on diagnosing the electrical issues. We got a call about an hour later telling us the car was ready and our total was $300. We were shocked since we told them not to touch anything and just diagnose the other issues. When we got there the owner was VERY disrespectful and rude, claiming we TOLD him to fix it. There's no way we would have asked him to replace that part with us knowing how to fix it ourselves! They didn't even look at the electric, to top it off! The only way he "tried" to make it right was to take the part off, put our broken one back on and charge us for diagnostic. Wrong! The right thing to do would have been to charge us for diagnostic and parts only! We will NEVER go back! We were treated like scum. They way overcharge for parts too. We bought the exact same thermostat for $40 at autozone. They charged us $120. Dishonesty at its finest. We learned the hard way. DO NOT TRUST THESE GUYS!

Joe D.
Tyler, TX
Chevrolet Cruze
03/28/2018
Coolant leak
Thank you for contacting us regarding the review I submitted. Your quickness and eagerness to resolve the issue was amazing. Sorry we did not give you another chance to resolve the issue. We will continue to use Hughes Automotive for our auto repairs. Look forward to do business with you in the future.
I know my husband has used you for years but this was my first time. Did not mean to be so harsh, just was upset it was not fixed. In the future will contact you first if there is a problem since I now feel certain it will be addressed and resolved.
Thank you so very much.

03/28/2018
Coolant leak
A week to 10 after having the coolant leak repaired it began leaking again. Just took vehicle to the dealer. Would be nice if there were a 30 day guarantee on the work and it could be taken back and fixed at no charge for labor if the additional work had not actually repaired the problem.
Thank you.
Billy H. from Hughes Automotive responded on 03/28/2018

Hi Joe,
There is a one year warranty on the work that is performed. A hose was found leaking and replaced. I will be glad to warranty the hose if needed!
Thank you for your business.

Billy