GH
Gerry H.
Hibbing, MN
05/12/2015 Category: Sales
Experience
Our experience maybe a bit different than the usual. Purchased a SUV Aug'14. Liked everything about it but not a good fit for us. Discussed the problem with management and worked with Ben Shaff. We are now happily driving a new Toyota Rave 4. Thanks to all.

Scott H.
Ely, MN
05/07/2015 Category: Sales
2015 Silverado LS
I will start off by saying I've bought and sold many vehicles in my young 36 years and mostly stuck to my local dealership when buying new, that being said dealing with Iron trail was a breath of fresh air. I new exactly what my trade was worth going into this deal and of course I got less than a high book offer. I explained to the sales manager that I wanted a new dealer relationship and we ended up making a deal for a fare trade. The salesman was kind and helped out as much as he could, Nice guy. There was a problem with accessories. I felt this was handled poorly and was told nothing as far as when the accessories would be in. When I have ordered things in the past the service people knew exactly when the items would be delivered so I had piece of mind. I expected the salesman to "get on it" he fell short in that aspect. I consider everything important right down to the little things not just the selling of the vehicle. My over all experience of Irontrail was good and look forward to working with them again.

GF
Gail F.
04/10/2015 Category: Sales
Happy Customer
Just bought my 2nd vehicle from Iron Trail and Wes Bruemmer. Wes is very easy to work with and is very knowledgeable and did not try to pressure me into anything I didn't want. I appreciate that.

MICHAEL C.
Ely, MN
CHEVROLET SILVERADO 1500
04/02/2015 Category: Sales
iron trail motors
Matt Stenlund the sales guy was great!
He took the time to and made the effort to make sure I got the truck I wanted.

CYNTHIA B.
TOYOTA RAV4
03/29/2015 Category: Sales
Nice clean dealership and very friendly managers
Very easy dealing with the sales staff and finance was excellent to work with. She sure knows her job knowledge and very efficient at her job.
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 03/30/2015

Cynthia-

It was our pleasure to help you with finding that perfect RAV4, we know you're going to enjoy it for a long time to come.

I will pass your kind words on to our Finance Manager, I'm sure she will appreciate your comments.

MELISSA C.
Grand Rapids, MN
TOYOTA PRIUS V
03/23/2015 Category: Sales
New Prius
From the first phone call about a new new Prius we were treated with respect and friendliness in purchasing our new car. Everyone we spoke to was very professional, informed and congenial especially Eric!
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 03/24/2015

Melissa-

We truly appreciate your business and the opportunity to help you find the perfect Prius. We strive to provide the needed information but more importantly world class customer service.

I will pass your kind words on to Erice, the salespeople really like hearing from their customers.

GM
GAIL M.
Soudan, MN
CHEVROLET EQUINOX
03/19/2015 Category: Sales
knowledgable, friendly sales staff.
I found the staff very easy to work with and very helpful.
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 03/20/2015

Gail-

Congratulations on the purchase of your 2015 Chevy Equinox, we truly appreciate your business. We know you will enjoy the Equinox, one of the nicest and safest SUV's on the road today.

Your purchase of the Equinox is just the start of our continued support to help you maintain your vehicle in peak condition.

We look forward to seeing you here at Iron Trail Motors.

SANDRA S.
Hibbing, MN
FORD TAURUS
03/11/2015 Category: Sales
could have been better
had to wait 3 hours to actually drive my car away from the lot. They neglected to tell me they had to jump start the car I was buying. So they had to go buy a new battery. This was my first time buying a car at a dealership. I think it could have been better. I also think that they could have explained that certain things were not mandatory and I could have refused them, like the power train warranty that I paid 2,000 grand for, that I didn't have to get. I guess I was super excited to get a newer car that I thought I had to get everything they said I had to get. I think trust is a big thing. If I am coming in to buy a car I should be seen as a customer, not an easy target.
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 03/11/2015

Sandra-

I was sorry to read your review of your experience in purchasing your Ford Taurus, we strive to ensure that each customer is treated with respect and with professional treatment.

I would be more than happy to speak with you regarding your purchase, please call me at the dealership at your convenience.

CYNTHIA W.
Brownstown Charter Township, MI
CHEVROLET HHR
03/05/2015 Category: Sales
A Dealership without pressure.
Just simply nice people. No pressure, very helpful, very informative and true customer service.
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 03/06/2015

Cynthia-

Although we have not had the opportunity to meet it is a pleasure to do business with you. I'm glad to hear that it was a pleasant experience and from our end it was also. Sometimes these long distance transactions don't alway go this smooth.

I have personally seen the HHR and it is everything it should be and I think you will be very pleased.

GM
GEORGIANN M.
Pengilly, MN
CHEVROLET IMPALA LIMITED
02/27/2015 Category: Sales
Car selection was good
Ben was very helpful, explained things to us, definitely was worth the drive from Pengilly.
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 02/28/2015

Georgiann-

We appreciate your business and the opportunity to find you the right vehicle. As you know the Chevy Impala is one of the nicest cars on the road today.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback I'm sure Ben will appreciate hearing from you.

Sue W.
International Falls, MN
02/22/2015 Category: Sales
Very personable!
Sales personnel made buying our new highlander a very pleasant experience.
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 02/23/2015

Sue-

Thank you for your business, you made a great choice with the All-New Highlander. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we did and look forward to helping you keep your vehicle in top condition.

EV
EVERETT V.
Cook, MN
TOYOTA COROLLA
02/06/2015 Category: Sales
People make the place.
I wouldn't think of going any further to buy or lease a vehicle. Good Brand, good people, good service. All Local.

MF
Mark F.
Embarrass, MN
01/30/2015 Category: Sales
Very pleased with truck order
Eric and Pat really stepped up to the plate for me. They never pressured me and were very friendly and professional. Absolutely, the best truck I've ever owned. I look forward to great service in the future. Also enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 01/30/2015

Mark-

We really appreciate your business and especially your patience with the ordering process. Congratulations are in order because you have the first new Colorado delivered from Iron Trail Motors.

Enjoy your new truck and know that we are here to help you in the maintenance of your vehicle.

KATIE M.
CHEVROLET TRAVERSE
12/23/2014 Category: Sales
Had a great experience in finding a new vehicle. Matt and Jeff were a great help and provided the best customer service. Definitely glad to have done business with Iron Trail!
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 12/24/2014

Katie-

Thank you for the opportunity to help you in the selection and purchase of your new Traverse. I think that you will truly enjoy all the features and options this vehicle offers.

Please let us know if you have any questions about the vehicle and we stand ready to help you in keeping your vehicle in top condition.

Dee H.
12/01/2014 Category: Sales
trade in battle
What should have been a pleasurable car buying experience was anything but. I felt I had to do battle to get any value for my trade in. I had received multiple letters from your dealership asking me to bring in my Camry for "top dollar trade". For my 2007 with no rust, never been in an accident, low miles, interior like new-with no scrapes scratches or holes on any surface, the carpet needed cleaning, but little wear as I used plastic mats in winter to protect from salt, sand, and snow melt. It needed a windshield, as it had a chip and the tires only had about another 10,000 in them, Mr. Wagner said it pulled to the left, so "hopefully it only needed alignment", and, after 7 years of driving, it had a rock chip on the hood near the front driver side.
The NADA Clean Trade-in he showed me was $8050, it did not include the moonroof, which would actually bring it up to $8500. I pointed that out, but he brushed it aside with barely a comment, then he said with all these negatives, my car was a low end mid level trade, oh and he told me he was charging me a $400 refurbishing fee so Iron Trail could go through the car and get it ready for resale. This made me curious, as I had never heard of it before, so I called around to other dealers in the area to see if it was a new practice. They had not heard of it either, and one even laughed at the question, but when I questioned GM Steve about it, he confirmed that they do indeed pass this charge on to the customer.
So, I was offered $5300 for my car, saying we had to start somewhere. I told Mr. Wagner that I realized the company needed to make a profit, but my car had a lot more value than he was offering. He actually said to me that he wasn't looking to necessarily make a profit, but to break even. Really? I've never heard of a business that isn't out to make a profit!
When I told him I wanted to spend between $25-$26k, he said, "so if I can get you $25,999 you will take it?" That's how he was 'working with me'. When I finally agreed to to a figure that would reduce my trade from top end $8500, which I realize was never an option, to less than $6800, he said he had to get approval from GM Steve for that amount. He came back and asked if I could go just a little bit more- I said maybe the $48 that was part of a previous figure he tried to use. HE ROLLED HIS EYES and with a deep sigh asked if I could do $250. Why I didn't walk then, I'm really not sure; maybe because I had already been there for 4 hours and was tired of fighting. But, I offered then to split the difference on $250, and go $125 - which he tried to up even more. Once he got the agreement, he walked away to get the paperwork finished. He left some papers on the desk, one of them was the approval for the amount I had asked for, so he did get the approval, but had to take more from me.
Even though I didn't get what I felt was a fair amount on my trade, the fact that he charged me a refurbishing fee and then tacked on more after getting an authorization for an agreed on amount was really poor salesmanship. Will I tell others about my experience? Yes, I already have. And some of my female friends have said they are appalled at how I was treated by your company and are seriously reconsidering doing business with you in the future. I gave 2 stars because Melissa D. worked so hard to help me find a vehicle I wanted , and answered all my questions about the different vehicles I was interested in.
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 12/02/2014

Dee-

I'm truly sorry you feel you weren't treated fairly on your trade, we try hard to make sure everyone gets a fair and honest deal on the vehicle they buy and the vehicle they trade in to us. It is very much a common industry practice that in evaluating a trade that any needed reconditioning, upgrading or repairs are taken into consideration in determining fair market value.

We do appreciate your business and the opportunity to work with you. I wish you many years of worry free driving in your new Toyota.

RON R.
11/28/2014 Category: Sales
RON VIRGINIA
CROOKS AND LIARS STAY AWAY
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 11/29/2014

Ron-

I read with great concern your review of the dealership. Please allow me the opportunity to review your situation and get back to you.

We take the job of providing quality customer service seriously and want to make sure that every customer is given the best experience possible.

Sincerly,

Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 12/01/2014

Ron-

I tried calling you on Monday 12/1/2014 and the call seemed to have gotten disconnected. In trying to help find out what the issue is i do not show any contact with the dealership since your last service visit back in May, 2014.

Please call me at your convenience and let's discuss what your issue is and how I might be of help.

FM
FLOYD M.
Cook, MN
TOYOTA HIGHLANDER
11/27/2014 Category: Sales
customer service
Thank you for an efficient buying experience

PQ
Peggy Q.
11/17/2014 Category: Sales
Purchased new vehicle
Excellent sales staff. No pressure to buy. Very helpful. Would definitely go back to them again.

DA
DEAN A.
Duluth, MN
TOYOTA RAV4
11/16/2014 Category: Sales
Service to customer needs !
I would like to thank ever one at Iron Trail for there devotion to the customer. I was completely satisfied with every aspect of the business transaction. Would buy here again. Thanks again. D. Anderson.
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 11/17/2014

Dean-

Thank you for the opportunity to help you in finding the right RAV4, you should enjoy this vehicle for a long time to come.

We do appreciate the nice comments on your experience, we pride ourselves on providing quality customer service.

Please let us know how we can be of help in the maintaining of your RAV4.

SZ
SIMONE Z.
Buhl, MN
TOYOTA COROLLA
11/05/2014 Category: Sales
Excellent service!
Sales person Eric was very helpful and patient. He had a great knowledge of the vehicle I was interested in.
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 11/06/2014

Hi Simone-

Thank you for your business we appreciate the opportunity to help you in your purchase of your Corolla. I'm very glad to hear you had a good experience here at Iron Trail Motors and i'm sure Eric will be happy to hear the nice comments you have.

Please let us know how we can be of assistance in the maintaining of your Corolla.

Thanks again.