4.6

JOHN D.
International Falls, MN
09/27/2019 Category: Sales
They are disorganized
We will not be returning customers or referring anyone to this dealership. When we arrived we already had in mind the vehicle we wanted and what amenities we wanted with it. We did a test drive on a truck but that was not the one we were going to buy as we wanted cloth seats, they said they did not have any of that type of truck on there lot and we wanted the truck we were getting to have the bed lined and cloth seats. Well we were going to go to another dealership that had everything i was wanting for same price i did not want something on there lot similar i wanted what i had in mind. We decided we would leave and just go to the dealership we were originally looking at purchasing from sense they had the truck we wanted. We told the sales person we would not be making a deal with them as they did not have what we wanted and he said his manager wanted to talk to us before we leave the manager came out said they found 4 trucks just like what we wanted from a dealer they could trade with we were leary on that as we would not get to look it over before they deliver it to us to make sure it had everything we ask for well we decided we would go for it we asked several times if it would be rhino lined and we were assured it would be just like the truck in are town we wanted minus the running boards, well the deliver the truck to us late at night and it was not rhino lined and my husband ask why it wasn't and salesperson says oh not this model and not concerned with the mistake we now have to pay extra to get this done on are own when it should have been like this when we purchase as that is what we asked for. This dealership is very disorganized and does not promise on what customers ask for and are expecting to get.

ROSS H.
Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
09/27/2019 Category: Sales
Disappointed
Not real thrilled with the service!

Babbitt, MN
09/20/2019 Category: Sales
Miss
Will never go to Iron Trail again. If there was a way to go e them 0 stars I would have, but this wouldn't accept my review without at least one star. Iron Trail doesn't deserve even or star.

DF
DOUGLAS F.
09/18/2019 Category: Sales
Cars
Was not impressed with the treatment I received from Iron Trial. Was pushed into buying extra services that I really didn't need it they are selling quality cars. After a month of my purchase I checked the car over even after I was told it had a 129 point inspection. Found the air cleaner was filthy. It appears it was the original filter even though the car has 63,000 miles. I will never return to this dealership for any kind of service. I have sent the store manager multiple emails with my concerns and complaints with no response whatsoever. Stay away from this company!

JAMES F.
Pengilly, MN
09/07/2019 Category: Service
worst service I have ever had
You have the worst service department I have ever seen! Was treated like I knew nothing and you did not do anything! I went to a competing dealer and was treated with respect and they scheduled my service and took care of the issue. Your service manager should be fried!! He said the vibration was normal and GM didnt have a fix for it eventhough I showed him the TSB to correct the issue. You will never sell me a truck again.

JOAN S.
08/30/2019 Category: Service
Unfriendly
The fellow that checked me in never said ‘hello”, instead went out the side door as I was walking in main door. He scanned my car then abruptly asked me for my keys. When I was explaining that my BSM didn’t work, he said something to the effect that “it’s probably not even on”. No, it wasn’t on because it didn’t work. Talk about condescending. I tried to explain that if the warning light is on, it doesn’t work. He insisted that I would have an error message where my odometer is. NOT my car!! So, I’m coming back for another appointment Wednesday. Hope someone else is at the desk...

08/11/2019 Category: Sales
This place will rob you
Mispriced vehicles than you go sign papers and its 4000 more than the price online etc.

MICHAEL C.
Ely, MN
07/05/2019 Category: Service
Recent screw up
I brought my truck in for an oil change and during the oil change they told me that they noticed that the tranny cooler lines were leaking. I said I would bring it back in at a later date and that it should be covered under the extended warranty that I purchased. The service rep didn't think that it would be but he called and found out it was. I brought my truck back to have them fix the leaking tranny lines and was told it would take about 2 hours to do. I left to do some shopping when I got a call and was told to come get my truck because the tranny weren't leaking only seeping. I said to go ahead and fix them anyways because it was under warranty. The service rep then told me it wasn't covered because they aren't leaking only seeping. What a waste of my time that was.

JEFFREY D.
Finland, MN
05/01/2019 Category: Sales
Terrible service
Had issues with window not rolling down 5 weeks after purchase. Made appt, brought truck in they didn't have part. Made appt and had to cancel because of snow rescheduled and when arrived they hadn't ordered part because "GMC owners tend to not keep appts and they like to bill GMC owners for parts before they do the work".. I live 70 miles away. They wasted my time and and trashed GMC owners. Will never ever go back to Iron Trail motors and will tell everyone not to trust these people.

JOHN M.
Eveleth, MN
04/23/2019 Category: Service
Disgust
I have already talked to 3 different people about the worst experience I have had with my vehicle service so I would rather find a new place to go.

04/06/2019 Category: Service
Can’t fix my truck
Truck has been in at least a dozen times in the last year since I bought it and it’s still repeatedly leaving me on the side of the road, I have been told they have replaced all the part that could affect my problem and still nothing. The customer service is great just the fact that the techs are fixing the problem. I’d recommend the sales staff but not so sure on The service department

ROGER H.
04/04/2019 Category: Service
Poor management
Recently had my scheduled oil change, warranty work done. A line of four or five customers and the scheduler to the right was taking the order and driving the vehicles to a bay. Was asked twice by the helper to assist and he ignored him. This was taking along wait time. The whole experience was terrible. After observing this situation and being on the receiving end of his lack of organization I would not use your service any longer.

03/07/2019 Category: Service
Not Happy
In January 2019, I called the service department to find out when I could receive my last free service on my Toyota Highlander. I was told that any time in February was good. I made the appointment for February 15. During the 25 mile drive, the vehicle in front of me threw a rock and chipped my windshield. When I arrived at Iron Trail Motors, I was told the last service had to be completed by January 31. If the man I talked to on the phone had been honest , I would have made the appointment for January and avoided the chipped windshield. Needless to say, they would not honor the last free service on my vehicle.
Jeff B., Sales Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 03/19/2019

Thank you for the review. I believe the Sales Department did assist and cover your oil change on your Highlander. The windshield chip is very unfortunate. We will be sure to discuss verifying correct informatoin with the Service Advisor who assisted you.

DERIK S.
Makinen, MN
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
02/15/2019 Category: Sales
Poor used car service
The 2012 VW Jetta was driven home Wednesday evening (2-6-2019)and Thursday morning it would not turn over. Both of my other 100,000 mi + vehicles turned over and started without being plugged in @ 6°F @ 6am. Iron Trail would not come get the car to repair it. They said I would have to pay a tow truck to bring it to them. A few days passed and I finally got it to turn over by heating the starter with a hairdryer and brought it to them to fix the frozen starter. They called later that day (2-11-2019)to say they "tested' it and found it to start each time they tried it (now 20°F) . After a couple heated phone conversations about how even their brand new Chevrolet cars and trucks would not start on 2-6-2019, I convinced them to pull the starter and actually load test it on the bench on 2-13-2019. At 1:45pm on 2-15-2019 they called to say the starter passed the load test and all electrical connections were cleaned and reconnected.
Even though I acknowledged buying a used vehicle with only a 30 day warranty, I believe there was an exhaustive amount of pleading and urging on my behalf to get them to fix the vehicle to start as well as my old vehicles. When I picked up my vehicle on the 15th, I asked to talk to the general manager so that he knew how I felt being on the receiving end of their poor customer service practices. Although we had to agree to disagree, he did give me the time to explain my side .

SJ
SCOTT J.
International Falls, MN
01/24/2019 Category: Service
Wrong tonneau cover
Just feeling like I got taken when the wrong tonneau cover was put on new Silverado due to salesman not ordering it in a timely manner.
Jeff B., Sales Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 02/07/2019

Scott, we apologize for the miscommunication on the tonneau cover. It does look like we provided you with the GM brand tonneau that is covered under your vehicles warranty and is a bit more expensive because that is what was in stock, but again we do understand and apologize for the miscommunication between the sales, parts, and service departments. Thank you for the survey we take all of our surveys into account to help improve our future proccesses and customer experience.

KD
KURT D.
Buick Enclave
01/18/2019 Category: Sales
Was satisfied!
Found out after leaving vehicle that had a sold sign on it ,to get down payment. Vehicle was driven over Christmas 400 mes by someone at the dealer. 3 weeks now and no admission or any compensation. Even though troy is a great salesman with awesome knowledge, won't be back
Jeff B., Sales Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 02/07/2019

Kurt, we do apologize for the miscommunication on the mileage and unfortunately the mileage was misstated on your paperwork. I can assure you that no one drove your vehicle after you put a down payment on it. We did extend your dealer warranty to the correct mileage.

MICHAEL M.
Gilbert, MN
Chevrolet Avalanche
12/27/2018 Category: Service
Unhappy Service Call
I sent a review of my service to Jon Lind at Iron Trail Motors in Virignia, MN. He can forward it to you if you really care about the care of good customers.

BL
BRIELLE L.
Ely, MN
12/13/2018 Category: Service
too long of wait
I waited 3 1/2 hours for an oil change and to get my winter tires on the car. Not impressed. It was 0 degree wind chill so tried to walk somewhere to kill time but froze and then when I came back they told me it would be done "soon", but another 90 minutes went by before it was done. Not sure what is going on there, but several people have complained too, in fact my husband ordered new tires to be placed on his vehicle, they scheduled him an appointment and he arrived the day they wanted him there, and guess what? Tires not arrived. He drove 50 miles to go to the appointment. Thinking of changing where I service and buy my next Toyota. The ONLY reason there is 1 star is that at least there is refreshments while you wait 1/2 a day to get your car!

Duluth, MN
Ram 1500
12/01/2018 Category: Sales
Postage Due
We got our second key along with the title. Iron Trail paid 89 cents we had to pay $2.61 for postage due. I guess buying a 26k vehicle the dealer didn't make enough to pay. In the words of our President "sad".

BE
Bruce E.
Hoyt Lakes, MN
10/31/2018
Terrible service 5 months after purchase.
Needed oil change fast so had to go to fast lube place. They could't get the oil filter out without breaking the housing because Iron Trail put the filter in so tight it couldn't be taken out without breaking it. Iron Trail told me to take it somewhere else even though I had just purchased it a few months prior. Needless to say I will never use Iron Trail again for anything and will tell as many people as possible about the terrible service.