LH
LAURA H.
Orr, MN
10/02/2018 Category: Service
Selling services I don’t need!
I came in for a sensor valve stem replacement. Your employees tried to tell me that I needed a radiator flush as I didn’t have Toyota coolant in there. They did say my coolant was clean which makes sense as I just had a radiator flush done where I have all of my maintenance done (not iron trail motors). They told me that I needed this done three times before I got out the door. I don’t appreciate being told I need services when I don’t!

JZ
JAMES Z.
Babbitt, MN
GMC Terrain
08/24/2018 Category: Sales
Warranty
18 days after buying a vehicle, the transmission started having problems and Iron Trail said they would not apply the 30 day warranty to fixing the problem because I had gone over the allowed mileage. The state of Minnesota has a used car warranty law that states car dealerships for used vehicles under 36,000 miles are warrantied for up to 30 days or 2,500 miles. The car I bought had only gained 2,000 miles and the dealership still refused to warranty

MICHELE P.
08/15/2018 Category: Service
Not Happy
As far as the work done I am happy what I'm not happy about is the service agreement I was talked into buying when I was working with the financial girl. I feel I was mislead as to what that contract would cover so I'm not too happy with Iron Trail right now.

07/21/2018 Category: Sales
Camry 2018
The dealer sent us home with a key fob that didn't work. They put dealer advertising on the car after we asked them not to. They did not give us a temporary registration for the car. We did not get license plates for the car until after the temporary registration had expired.

JOHN S.
Ely, MN
Toyota Tundra 4WD Truck
07/06/2018 Category: Service
Service is not what it used to be.
Oil changes used to include cleaning battery posts checking air pressure in the tires. I think you are going downhill. The guys at the parts dept. and Roger are great.

GS
GRAHAM S.
Gilbert, MN
05/25/2018 Category: Service
Oil change, tire and sensor swap.
Waited for 4.5 hrs.. was charged $450 to change oil, swap the snow tires for the regular tires and swap/hook up the sensors, so that the new tires would be programed accordingly.

At the end of the day, the new sensors were not hooked up appropriately. According to the Honda dealership in Duluth, one of them was not hooked up at all.

From now on, will be going to the Honda dealership in Duluth for these issues. They can do it much faster and much cheaper. And the job will be done correctly.

Gilbert, MN
05/03/2018 Category: Service
usually good not this time
$400 estimate turned into $1800 repair and they never left voicemails. I had to call them after seeing a missed call. They had the car 3vdays because of it. Had to turn around and return straight to the shop for grinding noise. Lots of wasted time and too expensive!

BP
B P.
04/17/2018
Don't buy
Spent $27,000 on a car that didn't even have enough gas in it for me to get home. Come on! Bought three vehicles from you guys. Won't buy a fourth.

KEVIN B.
Chevrolet Captiva Sport Fleet
02/20/2018 Category: Service
Diagnostic test
$65 diagnostic test which turned up no code turned into a $400 spark plug change

MK
MARILYNN K.
Ely, MN
12/02/2017 Category: Service
Slowest service
We were very disappointed with this service. Don't know what the problem with the mechanic was. It took almost 2 hours for an oil change and to have the tires rotated. The person at the desk was very apologetic, but we do not know if we will come back even though we bought this vehicle at Iron Trails.

GF
GARY F.
Virginia, MN
11/11/2017 Category: Service
able to get us in on the day we called
Check list wasn't gone over plus we have oil spots under our car now on our garage floor

MICHAEL P.
10/22/2017 Category: Service
Poor service
Sadly I trusted you to provide good service and when it comes to me I am not picky but when it comes to my wife I expect proper service!

WB

DENNIS R.
Chisholm, MN
Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
09/13/2017 Category: Service
service person didn't have gauge in bay area
The person in the chevy garag area didn't have a tire gauge so he used a screwdriver to let air out of our tires! We then had to pull into the service garage to have more air put in them!

DEBRA S.
03/21/2017 Category: Service
Disappointed
Unfortunately, my experience with my Rav 4 purchased at Iron Trail has been less than satisfied. Purchased with 12,000 miles... I have been a satisfied customer. The past 2 visits - one in October 2016 - has it in for recall and to be cleaned with their car protective care.... part of the back right panel was missed. The point inspection sheet was not completed. I brought my vehicle in to have the back door latch replaced.... sole purpose of the car.... was told I would have to bring it back in to have it replaced. Asked why it was not replaced since that was the priority reason of the appointment. I was told it needed to be diagnosed ... then the part would be ordered. It would cost over $300. I mentioned I had extended warranty and bumper to bumper to 100,000 miles/10 years.... it was then covered with a deductible of $100 and rental car would be covered. I also stressed my frustration and what an inconvenience ..... they were very accommodating with this and I am thankful as I ended up being sick. I looked at my receipts now... and notice the inspection sheet was NOT included..... I am not impressed with the quality of service I have received and not t mention... the last 2 times I received a "rental" car.... the car was dirty with debris from previous users. ( The latest... a dirty rag in the backseat, wrappers, and lots of gravel - previously... an empty cigarette box, wrappers, etc.). Now this leaves me to looking for another Toyota dealership and/or different vehicle where a dealership takes pride in the workmanship. Saddens me as I want to remain local. Truly dissatisfied with my almost 2 years of experience.

DAVID W.
Grand Rapids, MN
RAM 2500
03/08/2017 Category: Sales
After the sale customer service is terrible
After I bought my vehicle the customer service was terrible. It took a week of me calling to get a response from the dealership to discuss different issues that arose right after I purchased my truck. When my wife brought my truck in to get it worked on the dealership did not have a linen to use for the day that we we promised. When she brought the truck home they had not fixed all the issues. The communication between their departments is non existent.

SHERRY W.
Kinney, MN
11/12/2016 Category: Service
Incompetent service man
I came in for an oil change and tire rotation. The service man failed to put the big cap on the engine oil and my new vehicle blew oil all over the engine. I was stuck on the side of the road until help could arrive.

DJ
DARRYL J.
Tower, MN
11/19/2015 Category: Service
Check dash lights
3 dash lights were on and you sent me to Auto Zone to check them. Then you gave me a bill for $700 plus because the parts have to ordered and be pd for up front and it meant another trip to IT. Also you claimed the tire valve covers were wrong and had to be replaced when they were installed by you in the first place when we gave $800 plus for 4 tires. You need to get your act together at IT.
Peter O. from Iron Trail Motors responded on 11/21/2015

Hi Darryl, thank you for your review.  Our goal is to exceed your expectations.  Please call General Manager Peter Orlich or Service manager, Lori Layman at your earliest convenience to provide further details.  They are available at 218 741 2355.  We hope you allow us the opportunity to regain your confidence.

SE
SUSAN E.
Tower, MN
07/21/2015 Category: Service
The service desk people are great!
I thought the service desk people were great. I thought some of the work completed was done sloppy. When I phoned and returned to ask questions about the work-it was not handled well.
Alan V., IT Director from Iron Trail Motors responded on 07/22/2015

Hi Susan, thank you for the review. Our goal is to meet  your expectations. Please call Lori Layman, our Service Manager  to discuss the details of this review. We hope you allow us the opportunity to regain your confidence.

DANIELLE B.
Mountain Iron, MN
04/01/2015 Category: Service
Not happy with the price of my air filter, she never told me it would be 36.00. My husband could of changed it.
nit happy when people don't tell me how much things are. I thought it was all free
Alan V., IT Director from Iron Trail Motors responded on 04/10/2015

Danielle -

Thank you for your review. Our goal is to impress you; not the opposite. Please call Lori Layman at 218.741.2355 to discuss the details of this review. With your help we can improve the experience we provide our customers now and in the future.