ROSS G.
Toyota Tundra 4WD Truck
04/18/2018 Category: Service
Not happy at all
They still haven't fixed the issue I had originally brought it in for. My trucks has now been in for service about 5 times

MICHAEL M.
Gilbert, MN
Chevrolet Avalanche
03/10/2018 Category: Service
Unhappy Service Call
I have sent in 2 previous surveys explaining my Poor Rating for my last service call. You can go back and look at my comments on them for my reasoning.

Mike Mihelich

KH
KAYLA H.
Eveleth, MN
01/04/2018 Category: Service
Terrible
I brought my van in to get a couple screws put in the sliding door and was told it would only take a couple seconds. That was fine, figured i would be charged appropriately. I got the bill and they charged for $60 two put in two screws and “look” at other stuff when i didn’t even ask for the other stuff. I also got charged for shop supplies when they did it voluntarily. Never once did they tell me that it was going to cost me .5 hour of labor ($60). Overall, terrible exerpience and I would not recommend Iron Trail Motors to anyone. Glad I learned this way to never buy a vehicle from there when that’s all we drive are Toyota’s. I will drive the distance to go somewhere with better customer service.

VG
VINCE G.
Hibbing, MN
09/13/2017 Category: Service
Sorry
I really don't want to say I was disappointed and let down again but, again it took over an hour and 20 minutes to get my oil changed. I went to your Virginia location last year because you are the nearest Toyota Dealer to me and the price is amazing. I use only Valvoline High Mileage Synthetic oil which I brought both times and my own Valvoline oil filter. Last year it took over 40 mins. to get my car into the garage. Not because the battery was dead but, you have to push the clutch all the way to the floor in order to start my car. The service person or the mechanic could have asked me instead they let me sit in the waiting area without notify me they couldn't get my car started. This year the mechanic put the wrong oil in (not the oil and filter I provided). So I waited again for over an hour. I don't mean to complain because I'm sure it's just my bad luck in fluky service. So it could have been better service, I love my Toyota and hope other people have better service. Thanks - Vince Glavan (vinceglavan@gmail.com)

TK
THOMAS K.
Cotton, MN
09/11/2017 Category: Service
Service oil change and fluid checks
Had to recheck tire pressure and clear tire monitoring fault with different tech

DONALD S.

MARIA M.
Embarrass, MN
TOYOTA YARIS
05/17/2017 Category: Service
A simple A/C "fix" That Wasn't Even Close!
I recently took in my 2010 Toyota Yaris to get the A/C fixed, as the air wasn't getting cold. The team at Iron Trail identified a broken hose as the issue, and proceeded to replace it. The replacement (hose + workers) cost about $500, which was expensive but worth it, I thought, if it fixed the issue.

Well, it didn't. The A/C still doesn't get cold enough for comfortable driving on a warm, sunny day. What irritates me is that the Iron Trail team of mechanics obviously didn't even CHECK to see if the issue was fixed, as it's pretty obvious the moment you turn on the car and wait for a cool airflow.

Instead, I'm saddled with a $500 bill and have the same issue.

Will take my maintenance needs elsewhere from now on to a trusted car mechanic who will double check to see the issue is fixed before he sends me on my way.

CO
CAROLEDITA O.
Pengilly, MN
TOYOTA COROLLA
04/24/2017 Category: Service
Communication terrible
My appointment was for a brake inspection and estimate. My service advisor had to ask for help with every, single, blessed step of my visit. I don't blame him; I suspect he was left on his own with inadequate training. I left with an estimate that was unclear and did not include labor, so I called the next day. The advisor who answered was not interested in addressing my question, and clearly wanted me off the phone. He transferred my call to Parts. They were irrelevant to my question. I canceled the appointment I had made to have the service performed.

DEBRA S.
Eveleth, MN
TOYOTA RAV4
10/22/2016 Category: Service
overall service
I had previous business before when I purchased a 94 Dodge Shadow. I was very satisfied with my experience. However, I purchased a RAV 4... and I cannot say I am satisfied. In the first 4 days of owning the car.... it was in my garage for maybe 10 hours if that. I purchased the car on a Saturday.... the next Tuesday I said I wanted out of the deal. I was told it was too late. I then learned I had 3 business days to back out... so I technically had until Wednesday. I was lied to... right to my face. I am only bringing my car there for recalls and/or warranty work. I just had my car in for recall and the northland car service.... my car was much cleaner! but a few places were missed. I was also given a multi inspection sheet.... and it was blank! I am not impressed with the quality of workmanship. Will be the last time I purchase a car from here.

MILTON R.
Saginaw, MN
TOYOTA TACOMA
10/07/2016 Category: Service
Overpriced, Mis-Diagnosed
Took my 2013 Tacoma in for front end noise. Diagnosed at dealership as a bad front passenger wheel bearing. Quoted over $1100 to repair. Quick online scan showed national average cost at $500-600. Cancelled work and took vehicle to another local repair shop. Work was performed for $510 and problem fixed. The kicker was that it was actually the front driver's side bearing, not the passenger side which was faulty. Will never bring my vehicle back to Iron Trail for further servicing.
Peter O. from Iron Trail Motors responded on 10/07/2016

Milton,

I am sorry you felt our pricing was out of line. We strive for fair and honest pricing on all of our repairs and stand by our work and the quality of it.  I looked over the invoice and the quote and found that the technician did indeed state the left front hub assembly had failed.  The left front is the drivers side and not the passenger side as stated in your review.  Our technician did recommend replacing the axle seal as well and we were quoting genuine Toyota parts.  In addition we recommended a four wheel alignment and that was included in our quote and included tax.  Using original equipment parts is always recommended but we do offer aftermarket parts when requested.  Thank you for letting us know about your dissatisfaction on your last visit and we will try to serve you better should you give us another chance.  Thank you Peter Orlich GM

JAMES W.
Biwabik, MN
HYUNDAI ELANTRA
08/15/2016 Category: Service
Highlander 50K service
Everything done very quickly. Thanks!

TRACY M.
Ely, MN
TOYOTA CAMRY
07/12/2016 Category: Service
Don't value customers
I'm young, yes. That doesn't mean I can be treated as if I know nothing. I was the least of their worries. Will never be back.

CN
CHRISTIAN N.
CHEVROLET COBALT
07/07/2016 Category: Service
Not impressed
I had some issues with my car, so I called to have it checked out. I new mostly what was wrong with it like the wheel bearings.... witch when they said they were done with it and went through the list of things that needed to be fixed they told me the wheel bearings were fine,witch they ... I had to make the mechanic take the car for another "test drive" and he comes back and says "yea you are right the right wheel bearing needs to be changed" I should not have had to tell a mechanic how to do his job.. before they even touched my car I told them that the wheel bearing needed to be looked at. Now I'm just wondering what else they missed.needless to say I will be going elsewhere from now on...

JJ
JEFF J.
CHEVROLET TRAVERSE
06/22/2016 Category: Service
Always have some issue
Had oil change and tire rotation done on my 2010 traverse. Pickup up vehicle and engine light on and service traction control and stabilitrac system. Had to come back and have looked at. Mechanic forgot to plug in sensors. Then after doing another check when I got home air filter cover was cracked and all screws were loose and missing one now. Each time I bring my vehicles in its always something. Thinking it's time to find a new place for work to be done....

HG
HANH G.
Hibbing, MN
TOYOTA CAMRY
03/26/2016 Category: Service
Service wasn't up to par
We were told we would get free unlimited cleanings after paying over $700 for a yearlyrics program which would include under body rust protector once a year. My daughter and I both asked if they were sure we would getvthis. We were told it was unlimited. We came in first time and it was not cleaned at all even after being left there. Wish we would have bought a different car from a different dealership. We have had terrible experiences there.

DT
DAVE T.
Chaska, MN
09/11/2015 Category: Service
Horrible
I had a pre-scheduled appointment to check wheel balance. I showed up and there was no paperwork so I must have just needed to be worked in as could be done (I don't know). What I do know is that after 2 hours I was finally told one wheel needed to be balanced and that would take another hour. I paid $109.00 and left with still a wobbly wheel because I had an appointment in Cook. Unrecorded appointment and time slot reserved - unacceptable. 2 hours to check wheel balance - unacceptable. Another whole hour to balance one wheel - unacceptable. $109.00 for THIS experience - unacceptable.
Alan V., IT Director from Iron Trail Motors responded on 09/14/2015

Dave -

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your business. Please call Peter Orlich or Lori Layman at your earliest convenience. Thank you again for the review. With your help, we can improve.

Iron Trail Motors

HO
HANNAH O.
TOYOTA RAV4
08/25/2015 Category: Service
Oil Change and Bad News
I am very sorry to say that again I have not received the best service. My oil change was completed and done correctly and I appreciate that. I also was having a problem with my tire sensor so they checked and found a small screw "barley" in my tire. It was replaced as needed and I was charged 99 dollars for labor for such a small job because they had to reset my computer because something wasn't right. Well my car is brand new and a computer problem shouldn't exist. Iron trail did give me a free oil change and car washes for this inconvenience. I appreciate that but am still very unsatisfied.
Alan V., IT Director from Iron Trail Motors responded on 08/27/2015

Hannah -

Thank you for your review. As you know our goal is to exceed your expectations. Please call Peter or Lori at the store (218)741-2355 at your earliest convenience. We want to know more about your experience.

CHRISTINE M.
Ely, MN
08/24/2015 Category: Service
Job was not completed properly
Had oil change and tire rotation. Oil plug was not put on tight enough and ended up having to go elsewhere to get it fixed and buy oil as I was down 1 quart
Alan V., IT Director from Iron Trail Motors responded on 08/27/2015

Christine -

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As you can imagine our goal is to provide excellent customer service. Please call Peter or Lori at 218.741.2355 to discuss the experience you had in our service department. Again, thank you for the review.

JUSTIN P.
Duluth, MN
CHEVROLET EQUINOX
10/29/2014 Category: Service
Nearly a month to fix
Would rarely update me on the progress. Got it home and had to add a quart of oil to my vehicle, which shows me the problem may still exist.
Steve T., General Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 10/29/2014

Justin-

I appreciate your feedback on your recent service visit. I will be meeting with my Service manager on this and will be in contact with you to make sure that everything is taken care of.

Steve Torrence
General Manager
218-741-2355

JN
JASON N.
Aurora, MN
09/12/2014 Category: Service
NOT Very Happy
I brought my Tundra in for its 15,000 mile service. I told the service staff that I would also like my squeaky seat looked at under warranty, and that my front passenger tire was leaking. I picked the truck up and the sevice desk told me they couldn't find a leak in the tire and the seat did not squeak. I got in my truck to leave and the seat continued to squeak, and about 5 miles down the road my TPS alarm went on. I was able to make it back to my hometown and stopped in to the local garage that found a nail in my front passenger tire and repaired it. I am starting to wonder if they look at my truck at all......
Alan V., IT Director from Iron Trail Motors responded on 09/16/2014

Hi Jason, thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. As you can imagine it is never our goal to disappoint you or your level of expectations when doing business here; our customers are our biggest asset. With that said, I invite you to contact Steve directly to discuss the events outlined in your review. We view experiences both good, bad and inbetween as learning experiences. In short, we appreciate you helping us become better. We look forward to speaking with you.