JAMES S.
Chisholm, MN
09/02/2019 Category: Service
Stop sending me emails to review my service
Service was slow but they we backed up and did a good job and took 10% off, but I am now constantly getting e-mails asking to review the service I received. I even filled one out last week but they keep coming. You wasted enough of my time with the super long service now you fill my inbox with requests to tell me how you did? This is ridiculous. DO NOT GIVE THEM AN E-MAIL ADDRESS UNLESS YOU WANT MULTIPLE MESSAGES A WEEK!!!

JOAN S.
08/30/2019 Category: Service
Unfriendly
The fellow that checked me in never said ‘hello”, instead went out the side door as I was walking in main door. He scanned my car then abruptly asked me for my keys. When I was explaining that my BSM didn’t work, he said something to the effect that “it’s probably not even on”. No, it wasn’t on because it didn’t work. Talk about condescending. I tried to explain that if the warning light is on, it doesn’t work. He insisted that I would have an error message where my odometer is. NOT my car!! So, I’m coming back for another appointment Wednesday. Hope someone else is at the desk...

Gilbert, MN
Toyota Tundra 4WD
07/14/2019 Category: Service
great sales and service people
excellent service foe my vehicle

MICHAEL C.
07/05/2019 Category: Service
Recent screw up
I brought my truck in for an oil change and during the oil change they told me that they noticed that the tranny cooler lines were leaking. I said I would bring it back in at a later date and that it should be covered under the extended warranty that I purchased. The service rep didn't think that it would be but he called and found out it was. I brought my truck back to have them fix the leaking tranny lines and was told it would take about 2 hours to do. I left to do some shopping when I got a call and was told to come get my truck because the tranny weren't leaking only seeping. I said to go ahead and fix them anyways because it was under warranty. The service rep then told me it wasn't covered because they aren't leaking only seeping. What a waste of my time that was.

06/08/2019 Category: Service
oil change
Don't understand the costs associated with maintenance, every time I go in it seems like there is not a set standard fee for oil changes when there should be.

05/14/2019 Category: Service
Disappointed & was mislead
I recently had my oil changed and snow tires taken off. The previous time I thought I had the plastic under the car replaced (it was damaged when I hit something on the interstate.). The plastic had come loose around a wheel and I had it looked at. They couldn’t do much to fix it because it was missing some parts which I didn’t realize when it was installed. I also realized that they only replaced the one wheel well and not the whole plastic. I had specifically asked when the part was ordered if it was to replace the whole thing and I was told yes. I was very disappointed when I realized it wasn’t. I would have never invested that much money for a piece to be put in when it wasn’t going to stay secure. It was over $300. Now I have to have it fixed again the right way. Just really disappointed and frustrated

JOHN M.
Eveleth, MN
04/23/2019 Category: Service
Disgust
I have already talked to 3 different people about the worst experience I have had with my vehicle service so I would rather find a new place to go.

ROGER H.
04/04/2019 Category: Service
Poor management
Recently had my scheduled oil change, warranty work done. A line of four or five customers and the scheduler to the right was taking the order and driving the vehicles to a bay. Was asked twice by the helper to assist and he ignored him. This was taking along wait time. The whole experience was terrible. After observing this situation and being on the receiving end of his lack of organization I would not use your service any longer.

03/07/2019 Category: Service
Not Happy
In January 2019, I called the service department to find out when I could receive my last free service on my Toyota Highlander. I was told that any time in February was good. I made the appointment for February 15. During the 25 mile drive, the vehicle in front of me threw a rock and chipped my windshield. When I arrived at Iron Trail Motors, I was told the last service had to be completed by January 31. If the man I talked to on the phone had been honest , I would have made the appointment for January and avoided the chipped windshield. Needless to say, they would not honor the last free service on my vehicle.
Jeff B., Sales Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 03/19/2019

Thank you for the review. I believe the Sales Department did assist and cover your oil change on your Highlander. The windshield chip is very unfortunate. We will be sure to discuss verifying correct informatoin with the Service Advisor who assisted you.

SJ
SCOTT J.
International Falls, MN
01/24/2019 Category: Service
Wrong tonneau cover
Just feeling like I got taken when the wrong tonneau cover was put on new Silverado due to salesman not ordering it in a timely manner.
Jeff B., Sales Manager from Iron Trail Motors responded on 02/07/2019

Scott, we apologize for the miscommunication on the tonneau cover. It does look like we provided you with the GM brand tonneau that is covered under your vehicles warranty and is a bit more expensive because that is what was in stock, but again we do understand and apologize for the miscommunication between the sales, parts, and service departments. Thank you for the survey we take all of our surveys into account to help improve our future proccesses and customer experience.

MICHAEL M.
Gilbert, MN
Chevrolet Avalanche
12/27/2018 Category: Service
Unhappy Service Call
I sent a review of my service to Jon Lind at Iron Trail Motors in Virignia, MN. He can forward it to you if you really care about the care of good customers.

BL
BRIELLE L.
12/13/2018 Category: Service
too long of wait
I waited 3 1/2 hours for an oil change and to get my winter tires on the car. Not impressed. It was 0 degree wind chill so tried to walk somewhere to kill time but froze and then when I came back they told me it would be done "soon", but another 90 minutes went by before it was done. Not sure what is going on there, but several people have complained too, in fact my husband ordered new tires to be placed on his vehicle, they scheduled him an appointment and he arrived the day they wanted him there, and guess what? Tires not arrived. He drove 50 miles to go to the appointment. Thinking of changing where I service and buy my next Toyota. The ONLY reason there is 1 star is that at least there is refreshments while you wait 1/2 a day to get your car!

LH
LAURA H.
Orr, MN
10/02/2018 Category: Service
Selling services I don’t need!
I came in for a sensor valve stem replacement. Your employees tried to tell me that I needed a radiator flush as I didn’t have Toyota coolant in there. They did say my coolant was clean which makes sense as I just had a radiator flush done where I have all of my maintenance done (not iron trail motors). They told me that I needed this done three times before I got out the door. I don’t appreciate being told I need services when I don’t!

SG
SCOTT G.
Hoyt Lakes, MN
09/21/2018 Category: Service
Not so great.
My wife had an appointment for recall work and an oil change. After sitting in the waiting room for an hour and 20 minutes she was informed nothing was done to the vehicle and she would have to reschedule. She was told the parts weren't fitting and they couldn't get a lift to do the oil change. After different parts came in I made another appointment for the recall work and an oil change. I sat in the lobby for 2 hours after being told it would take about an hour for everything to be finished. After the vehicle was finished I got $13 off the oil change for them wasting my wife's time. After a few days of having my vehicle back, I found that my washer fluid wasnt spraying on the windshield. I opened the hood and found the washer fluid tube laying across the motor. So instead of wasting more of my time, I reconnected the tube to the appropriate spots. Since the mechanics could not finish a full check list on the job at hand, I can't see them doing a courtesy check/inspection when getting an oil change.

JOHN H.
Eveleth, MN
08/20/2018 Category: Service
A history of poor service
In the last few years - really since Lauri left as service manager, service has deteriorated.
1. Brought in for an oil change plus other minor stuff. Oil change was not done or billed. Had to go back to get it done.
2. Another oil change. Once home I noticed serious oil leakage onto garage floor. Filter or oil pan plug had not been tightened.
3. Recently I had a flat on I-35 from a puncture. When I tried to change it I found the lug nuts to be so distorted from the impact wrenches used in your shop (never been anywhere else for tire rotation) that I could not get the wrench on the nuts. Result - 4 hours on the edge of the road and $$$ for service
4. At my most recent service I asked that all the nuts be checked and got an OK from the service counter. At home I found that the nuts had not been checked and were all distorted. I replaced them all myself.
We bought this vehicle new from Iron Trail and have had all the service done with you. We will not be back.

MICHELE P.
08/15/2018 Category: Service
Not Happy
As far as the work done I am happy what I'm not happy about is the service agreement I was talked into buying when I was working with the financial girl. I feel I was mislead as to what that contract would cover so I'm not too happy with Iron Trail right now.

KV
KEVIN V.
Embarrass, MN
Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD
08/12/2018 Category: Service
Took my vehicle in for a oil change, that was fine. My prior oil change I had the do a tire rotation, seemed ok until I was driving my vehicle and it sounded like I hat a flat tire, pulled over and looked at the tires, none seemed low, proceeded home. After getting home and parking the vehicle I took off the hub caps one at a time and checked the lug nuts for tightness, started passenger front, good, passenger rear, good, driver side rear good, driver side front 4 out of 5 lug nuts loose, I talked and spoke to the Service Manager and he said he was sorry for the inconvenience and said the next oil change would be complimentary, brought the vehicle in for the oil change and the person at the Service desk said he would have the Service Manager come and talk to me. Never happened, I was told the technician and the Manager look at the affected wheel, said they found nothing, never spoke to the Service Manager went to get my keys and paperwork for my oil change and they charged me for it, communication there is terrible, if that wheel would have came off it could have hurt or killed myself and other people, very poor customer service.

JOHN S.
Toyota Tundra 4WD Truck
07/06/2018 Category: Service
Service is not what it used to be.
Oil changes used to include cleaning battery posts checking air pressure in the tires. I think you are going downhill. The guys at the parts dept. and Roger are great.

KN
KEVIN N.
Mountain Iron, MN
06/27/2018 Category: Service
Sales team, the worst
Ready to buy new truck, ALL paperwork signed, good faith payment given dealership. Truck was to be brought in from other dealership following Monday, since I was out of town, I would pick up on Wednesday. Monday I was notified by sales manager that there was a mistake in filling out paperwork, would owe <> $6000 more. I stated that since all paperwork had been finished, that was not my problem but that I would split the difference with them. They said no, at that point it became a matter of principle and told them I would not purchase the truck for the new amount and that I would never set foot in that dealership again. Presently looking for a new truck else where!

Hyundai Santa Fe
06/24/2018 Category: Service
Very disappointed
It was June 7th, none of the employees will call me back regarding an issue, after leaving multiple messages! Service Tech was rude! Salesmen lied about work done on vehicle, and also lie about what's covered under warranty! Word of mouth in the community is, should never go their because of the lies, and letting customers be "swept" under the rug! Hoorible customer service! I would be fired if I never called a customer back! Let's hope, the word gets out more on horrible the service is that no one working up at Minntac will purchase from them!!