Overall Rating 2.5/5Overall Rating 2.5/5rating 2.5rating 2.5rating 2.5

BL
Bridgette L.
10/28/2019
More expensive than the dealership
Brought my car in for brakes, they quoted me twice the dealership, and they still had problems. Not accommodating hours by any means. Had to bring it back to another mechanic to resolve the issue.

SL
Steve L.
07/18/2018
Done with this place....
Ouch, hit or miss with this place. After five years of pretty good service. Had AC looked and was told it was the condenser. Had it fixed and then the AC stopped working, oops it is the compressor. They replaced it (free of charge) then oops, the AC stopped working. Also had both axles replaced and the car drove wobbly after the repair. Brought car back and they fixed the AC and replaced both axles (free). Drove the car off the lot, a little wobbly but better and of course the AC stopped working on the way home. OK so maybe a total of 6 days and $2000+ and I have a car that drives a little wobbly during initial acceleration and no AC. I did bring it right back and demanded that my car be fixed a ready in the morning and said if they can't do it I'll bring it somewhere else. I guess that was the wrong thing to say....one of the managers told me to get the car off the lot before he calls the police. Wow, because I said I would bring it somewhere else. I made an appointment at another shop and the first thing the supervisor said was there is an issue with the after market right axles on my make of car and will cause the car to drive wobbly during initial acceleration....

Andrea S.
07/30/2016
Valve cleaning/diagnostic
Took car Friday for diagnostics and they said they wanted to keep it for Saturday to start car cold. They are usually closed Saturdays but would be working this Saturday . It's 6:30 pm Saturday and no call and no answer when I call. Not happy right now - need car for work Monday!

AW
Annie W.
Land Rover Discovery
01/16/2016 Category: Service
Annie said she saw an advertisement on Angie's list, the estimate was listed as free, if they had to do work they would take 10 percent off. They checked it out, and they informed her that it was not worth putting the money into the vehicle because of the rust. He offered her $300 to $400 for the vehicle, but someone else came along and offered her $2000 for the vehicle as is. She went to pick up her vehicle and since someone else is buying it from her, he mentioned to her how the vehicle could be fixed even after he told her it was not worth it to fix. He told her the charge was $45.00 with 10 percent off the cost would be $40.00, when she got home and looked over the paperwork and the receipt she noticed a charge of $50.00. This was supposed to be free according to Angie's list. She has not contacted the business regarding this, she does not want anything to do with them. She stated she was taken advantage of.
Joe H. from J & S Auto Repair responded on 01/19/2016

Annie, We Try our Best to Honest and Communicate clearly. Sometimes there is a miiscommunication . I Think That is what happend In This Case.  Pease call or stop in and We will Refund The whole Amount.

RF
Rodney F.
Fall River, MA
Scion tC
08/10/2015 Category: Service
Rodney said this business did not do the work he requested. His fiance brought in his vehicle to have the air conditioning repaired. When she picked it up, they told her they could not fix the air conditioning because it would cost an extra $900. She refused to pay for the service because they did not fix the air conditioning. The staff member she was dealing with crumpled up her recite, threw it at her face, and her told her to get out.
Joe H. from J & S Auto Repair responded on 08/18/2015

Rodney, We At J&S Are Truly Sorry You are not satisfied with the service You Purchased from Groupon . We completed the service As described on your purchase voucher from groupon. However Your vehicle required more repairs than what the voucher coverd. You Where offerd a refund . We will look further into the Employee and Take corrective action.

BL

Shannon K.
East Greenwich, RI
04/23/2015
Sorry for the miscommunication
I remember giving my new number, but I guess I hadn't. Wish you had tried using my email as well. Anyway, my car is running great and I'm glad you were quick to respond to the issue. Thank you for your service!

04/23/2015
didn't call & locked me out of my car
I'm really confused by this. I went to pick up my car today after my scheduled service and it was locked, no key to be found. I checked my voicemail on my phone and it was empty. I've never had this problem before. My past experiences have been good... But this just left me really disappointed after I went there to pick up my car only to find out I couldn't because they hadn't left me the key.
Joe H. from J & S Auto Repair responded on 04/24/2015

Shannon, We Are Sorry For any confusion . We Tried to call several time during the day.The Phone would go to voicemail each time and it said mailbox is full and can not accept any more messages. So we stayed past closing time  until 5:30 .After we did not hear from you we went home . We didn't think it would be a good idea to leave your keys in the vehicle. We Make every effort to communicate with our customers as we know it is important to have your vehicle serviced in a timely manner.

Luis B.
Nissan Xterra
01/14/2016
Good service, clean shop, with free wife and cable, great groupon prices, reason why I didn't went back for other repairs was it was too expensive for me, parts are overpriced as well as repairs:
Joe H. from J & S Auto Repair responded on 01/15/2016

Mr Bozo,Thank you for taking the time to review our business. We agree you can get repairs done less expensive at other shops. We are Nissan master  and ASE Master certified technicians .We Offer a 2 year 24 Thousand mile Nationwide warantee on all of our repairs . Which we feel puts us ahead of other shops. Thank You for the oppertunity to service Your vehicles.

MK
Marty K.
Coventry, RI
Kia Sorento
07/23/2015
Customer satisfaction
Joe is EXTREMELY concerned for customer satisfaction. Fine communication resolved my misunderstanding of completed performance. Car was serviced at the time of appointment. Waiting was made very comfortable with TV and wifi..thank you Joe.

07/23/2015
Oil change, tire rotation, general check.
Tire rotation was not performed although it was stated that it was performed on final statement.
Joe H. from J & S Auto Repair responded on 07/24/2015

Marty , Thank You For Taking The Time  to talk with Me Yesterday.We understand The Importance of Being Upfront And informed  With our customers. Thanks Again Joe

AD
Amanda D.
Cranston, RI
Hyundai Accent
03/31/2015
Tire Rotation Not Complete
This repair shop is ok. It is not the best as they forgot to do the tire rotation as I had asked for however.
Joe H. from J & S Auto Repair responded on 03/31/2015

Amanda, We are sorry That You are not completly satisfied . Please stop by at your convience and We will take care of the rotation for you.

Daniel M.
West Warwick, RI
07/29/2016
Happy customer
This is my second time being here and they are wonderful. My oil change was quick easy. They even printed a sheet of recommended work to be done, but wasn't pushy about getting them done. Despite someone telling me he wouldn't bring his car there I book an appointment for my other car. I have had nothing but a good experience with them.

PS
Pat S.
North Kingstown, RI
Dodge Caliber
06/23/2016
Nice man that waited on me. His suggestions for more work totally almost $1000 is being considered and even though I did make an appt I am debating whether or not to have that work done just now. Great service.
Very hard to find the place but worth the effort.

SG
Steven G.
05/05/2016
All good but...
Just had one of the belts replaced but it still squeals when I start it up

Kelly M.
Nissan Sentra
02/15/2016
thorough service
Efficient staff that holds true to their work. Had work done and my engine light came back on ... brought it back in and had it looked at again. No questions asked. Short staffed that day but it got done and haven't had a problem since.

CG
Chris G.
Wakefield, RI
02/15/2016
Joe is always able to accommodate me within a day's notice. His location is convenient and clean. Great service.
I highly recommend the team at J and S. Price is competitive and staff is professional.

KO
Kathleen O.
North Kingstown, RI
01/14/2016
Oil change, tire rotation and tire plug
Joe is very personable as well as courteous. Service efficient as well as timely. Clean waiting are

AT
Alison T.
Greenville, RI
Oil change/tire rotation
Good value for the service. Wish it was a little more speedy. Not sure why I was charged $5 since I was using a Groupon. Overall I'm satisfied.
Joe H. from J & S Auto Repair responded on 01/14/2016

Allison, The Five Dollar fee is for sales tax and oil filter disposal .It is noted on the Groupon  purchase page. We will try to speed things up for you on the next service.

CF
Chelsea F.
Honda Accord
oil change
My appointment was at 9 but nobody came out until 940 and my car was done by 1030. There were cars ahead of me and it sounded like there was a problem in the back....so i took that into consideration. The owner is really nice.

Daniel M.
West Warwick, RI
01/13/2016
Great job!!!
Got checked in quickly and it was quick and easy. Great job!

PB
Peter B.
Volkswagen Tiguan
12/17/2015
Excellent so far.
This is my first visit to J & S and I am very happy with the service provided so far. (it was only yesterday) The place is clean, and the people very professional, and friendly. Joe is a "stand up guy" who seems to be far above the usual critter one finds in auto service businesses. Their prices are very fair, and the wait time was acceptable. My car was returned to me in better condition then it arrive in. I hope to have a long relationship with J & S for both my and my Wife's autos. I do offer one suggestion, on the service history website they should list the type, (grade, and brand) of oil they use as this is important information for those of us who "baby" our vehicles.
Joe H. from J & S Auto Repair responded on 12/17/2015

Peter, Thanks You for Taking time to review our business . We will add the Oil Information to the website . The Oil We use Is Valvoline Synthetic blend For conventional oil and Valvoline Synthetic for the synthetic vehicles. The Vescosity depends on the  Manufacturer Specs. Thanks Again .