Mike B.
2013 Hyundai Equus
05/10/2020 Category: Service
My prior post contained a one star rating was a mistake. I meant to give 5 stars not one star. Aaron Shepard in the service department went above the cause of duty to not only have my problem fixed to my satisfaction but he also call me the next day to check in with me to make sure I had no other problems with my Equus. I will recommend to anyone, to give Peacock the opportunity to give you good service and earn your trust.

05/10/2020 Category: Service
I had an issue with the service but Aaron Shepard the Fixed Operation Director Took care of me and went above that cause of duty to show me that he was more concerned about customer satisfaction than he was about profits. He got my car fixed and took a ride with me to make sure the problem was fixed. I respect him and Peacock Hyundai for that.
AARON S., Fixed Operations Director from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 05/12/2020

Good morning, I would like to thank you for taking the time to come in for service. I enjoyed our conversation this morning and look forward to assisting you going forward. I will be speaking with you again today and will speak with you shortly when the vehicle is completed.

Luther B.
2014 Hyundai Genesis
04/21/2020 Category: Service
SERVICE DEPARTMENT
The issue that I had with Service Department is being resolved, Service Manager talked to me and explained to me that he was out of work due to a Family Emergency and everything will be settle, I am satisfied with that.

04/21/2020 Category: Service
SERVICE DEPARTMENT
Beware compare your prices with other Hyundai dealers, I was over charged by $500.00 and more for the same service, and Peacock Hyundai said they would compare the price and nothing has been done.
AARON S., Fixed Operations Director from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 04/22/2020

I would like to thank you for taking the time to come in for service. I am sorry you feel you were over charged and as I stated on the phone with you, if that was indeed the case we would do what we can to make it right. Given we are short handed with everything going on in regards to COVID19 I am sorry that I was not available at the time you wanted to speak. I am thankful that the repair made on your vehicle fixed it right the first time and that the repairs were made to your satisfaction. Our certified techs take pride in their work and we strive to fix every vehicle right the first time. Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I will be reaching out to you shortly.

(803)799-1234
AARON S., Fixed Operations Director from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 04/24/2020

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me. I look forward to meeting you soon. I am sending over the rescore now and look forward to helping you in the future. aaronshepard@peacockhyundaicolumbia.com

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
03/04/2020 Category: Service
unprofessional and unnfriendly, takes too long to do oil change
poor service
AARON S., Fixed Operations Director from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 03/05/2020

I would like to thank you for taking the time to come in for service. I can tell that in your service visit something went wrong and I would like to speak with you on what we can do to improve for you going forward and what I can do to make that bad situation into a memorable experience going forward. I will be reaching out to you and look forward to speaking with you soon.

PS
Paige S.
Lexington, SC
12/24/2019
ZERO STARS
Terrible customer service, unable to diagnose or repair a problem the service department CAUSED. I took my 2014 Genesis in for routine 60K mile maintenance, ended up bringing it back and leaving it for repair FOUR times in a month because of absolute incompetence on the part of the service department. Christian Lightfoot told me that "new spark plugs fire harder and that's why it's running rough." GM Paul Cobb refused to meet with me or take my calls. I will contact the SC Attorney General.

CJ
Colin J.
10/31/2019 Category: Service
Misdiagnosed My car repairs which ended up costing me $1,100.00
Misdiagnosed my vehicle repairs, and charged me $1,100.00 for the work. My car lasted a week then broke down with the same issue. This time though they said it was manufacture engine recall issue, and that they’ll swap my engine for a new crate motor but that I wouldn’t be refunded for the work they did a week prior which is complete garbage.
PC
PAUL C. from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 11/19/2019

Thank you for taking the time to come in for service. Your vehicle had a hard fault code that required the replacement of the previous part. As part of a recall by Hyundai we are glad that we were able to put a new engine in your vehicel. These engines do not come with an intake from the factory and would still have the problem had that part not been replaced.

JJ
Jacqueline J.
Gilbert, SC
2011 Hyundai Elantra
10/28/2019 Category: Service
doesn't answer phone, doesn't keep promise
not good
PC
PAUL C. from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 11/19/2019

Thank you for taking the time to come in for service. I would like to get the vehicle vacuumed for you. I will be reaching out to you shortly to get this taken care of for you.

Dwight D.
09/17/2019 Category: Service
Customer service
I had a bad experience at Peacock last week. There were a myriad of issues that contributed to it, but it was simply a bad experience. In dealing with the manager, however, the service department was able to rectify the situation. Everyone has a bad day, and even the best organizations slip up once in a while. What speaks volumes, however, is the care and concern I and my car were given in an effort to right what had happened. It is rare that a business goes so far out of its way to help its customers out. I am so thankful that Mr. Shepard, Mr. Thompson, and the rest of the Peacock crew did what they could to help. It makes me feel valued and inclined to return to that dealership for service in the future. Thank you so much!

09/17/2019 Category: Service
So disappointing.
I have left multiple positive reviews of this dealership in the past. Unfortunately, their service has gotten worse and worse with each visit. This time, I waited 4.5 hours for my service to be completed (WITH an appointment!). Everyone there (maybe 25 other customers) seemed to have an appointment for the same time. They didn't complete the service that they were supposed to, and when I got my car home, the tire blew out. I tried to get in touch with the manager to see if there was anything they could do about this (they not only supposedly inspected my tires - they also did a tire rotation and an alignment, and my tire was fine before I came in to the shop), and he would not return my calls. After being a loyal customer for about two years, I will never return to Peacock Hyundai.
AARON S., Fixed Operations Director from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 09/19/2019

Thank you for taking the time to come in for service. I am deeply sorry for the actions that took place in service. I am very thankful that you came in and allowed us to take care of this matter for you. We will be looking forward assisting you with anything we can going forward.

Robert R.
09/10/2019 Category: Service
2017 Tucson
Read my responses to this survey.
AARON S., Fixed Operations Director from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 09/12/2019

Thank you for taking the time to come in for service. I am sorry that your vehicle experienced a problem with the A/C system. I would like to speak with you about your service visit at your earliest convenience.

RP
Ruth P.
Ward, SC
2016 Hyundai Veloster
08/19/2019 Category: Service
Poor timing and work.
Poor time mamagement and poor quality. 2n# time back and y'all still don't know how to finish your jobs. Thanks!
AARON S., Fixed Operations Director from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 08/23/2019

Thank you for taking the time to come in for service. I would like to appologize for length of time it took to service your vehicle. I would like to reach out to you to address some of your concerns and see what we can do to help you going forward.

HD
Harold D.
Barnwell, SC
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
08/04/2019 Category: Service
Bad service visits
Last two visits were bad
AARON S., Fixed Operations Director from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 08/06/2019

We would like to thank you for coming in for service and we appologize for the inconveniece in the length of time it took. We are looking forward to getting your vehicle repaired properly when parts arrive. Rachel will be contacting you shortly to schedule your repair.

West Columbia, SC
2014 Hyundai Tucson
07/16/2019 Category: Service
Service Department Has Declined
We’ve been loyal customers since we bought our cars six years ago. I’ve steadily felt like the service department has declined each time we go. This last time I was happy to see that there was an online appointment available for us to take in our vehicle since we were having issues with the battery.

When we arrived, the waiting area was packed and there was a line out the door to check in. I inquired later about this with some friendly advisors and it sounds like the service manager does not block off time slots online for appointments. Leading to customers all thinking they have an appointment at 9am, which probably creates a lot of stress for the staff, mechanics, and customers. This is a really poor short term revenue boost that will unfortunately cause long time loyal customers to go elsewhere. I hope they revise this practice.
PAUL C. from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 07/24/2019

Thank you for your continued business in our service department. We strive for great turn around times, but at times we are busier than expected. We have streamlined a few processes to make your next vistit more enjoyable. Again, thank you for your business and trusting us with taking care of your vehicle.

Charlotte, NC
2011 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
06/08/2019 Category: Service
Poor experience!
One of the poor experience... the people working were more interested in selling than customer service
PAUL V. from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 06/11/2019

Thank you for your response. These surveys good or bad help us to understand the areas we need to work on.

PT
Patricia T.
Lexington, SC
06/06/2019 Category: Service
poor communication
Really bad experience with service department, poor communication, doing work before estimate was given, was going to put inferior quality tires on car. Need to listen to your customers!!
PAUL V. from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 06/07/2019

Irmo, SC
05/29/2019 Category: Service
Worst Service ever experienced
Despite having an appointment, it took the 3.5 hours to do oil service and tire rotation. Would not recommend.
PAUL V. from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 05/30/2019

TL
Trevor L.
Cayce, SC
2012 Hyundai Genesis Co
05/28/2019 Category: Service
Dishonest service department
Came in for an oil change, service was fine until I got in my car. Friendly people it was done at a great timely manner. I get in the car and as I'm turning out I feel a very deep scratch on my steering wheel like something was in his pocket that scratched it. I turned around went back in and asked to show them and the mechanic that serviced my vehicle came out, I showed him and he denied that he had any possibility that it was his doing... maybe not on purpose but accidents happen. Did not own up to it. Very unprofessional conclusion when I left, fist bumping me rather a hand shake.
PAUL V. from Peacock Hyundai Columbia responded on 05/29/2019

I know you spoke with Chris. Thank you for giving us another oportunity to resolve the issue.