( 1929 Reviews )

Overall Rating 4.7272755/5Overall Rating 4.7272755/5Overall Rating 4.7272755/5Overall Rating 4.7272755/5rating 4.7272755
Overall Rating 2.27273/5Overall Rating 2.27273/5rating 2.27273rating 2.27273rating 2.27273

FC
FRANK C.
2014 Hyundai Equus
11/27/2016 Category: Service
Third time still not fixed.
Third time and not resolved.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 11/28/2016

Hi Frank I know we just talked and I am truly sorry. I am working hard to get this resolved with Hyundai for your. Thank you for your patience.

HC
Heather C.
Mexico, MO
11/17/2016 Category: Service
Losing my trust in honest service....
I called and scheduled an appt with Jeff. He offered 1130 on Sat. The Thursday before appt, I had a flat tire in the morning. I was able to fill it up at home. At the end of my work day, it was flat again and my husband had to bring the air tank to fill back up. I took the car to my local tire shop to get fixed. They were unable to fix my tire because the master lugnut wrench was not in my car. Before this, I had only taken my car to the dealership and had not removed anything of that description from my car. I called Jeff on Friday to let him know that I was missing the master wrench and that I had 2 tire leaks to look at. The one that just happened was leaking fast, and another one that was a slow leak that I only had to fill up approx every 2 weeks. Jeff said it would be no problem. I arrived to my appt on Sat 10 minutes early. When I explained to George Pannell what services I needed, he said it would take awhile. Unfortunately, I was scheduled in the middle of the guys lunch break. He would do the best he could. I asked him about the master wrench and he said it wouldn't be Machen's fault, because he said I had not had my tires rotated there. Therefore would be charged $15/ tire to be fixed. After waiting quite awhile, George comes out to tell me that they found a nail in my tire but they are unable to fix it because of it's placement. I asked him which tire it was. He said the back right. Since that's the one with a slow leak, I told him not to worry about it for now. At that time, I asked him to print me a record of my previous services on my car. He came back with in 20 minutes to let me know that once he printed my record, he DID see that they had rotated my tires and that's most likely when my master wrench when missing. Because of this, they rightfully decided to fix my flat tires for free. I believe I would've paid full price if I hadn't asked for prool :( He also told me at this time that when trying to put my tire back on, they accidentally put a hole it. Because of this, they would put a tire of theirs on free of charge. It's my belief that this happened initially and they tried to get ME to pay for the tire and blame it on the nail. It's too coincidental. Finally, after 3 hours of waiting with my daughter over lunch, we were able to go. If I had not pushed and asked for proof and also had my husband call and talk to Mr. Pannell, I believe they would've tried to get a lot more money out of me by screwing me over. I'm not sure if they treat all of their customers this way, or I was just a female at a mechanic shop. I bought my Sonata new from Machens, as well as my husband's new Dodge from Machens. We've always had both of our vehicles serviced at the dealership. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if that will continue. We had thought that would be best, but not if we can't trust them.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 11/17/2016

Hi Heather I am not sure what happened here but rest assured I am going to find out this is NOT the way I want business conducted at this dealership. I will get with the people involved and make sure that this NEVER happens again. Thank you so much for this feedback, trust is all we have in this business and if anybody does anything to jeopardize that I need to know about about it so thank you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Thank you for your business.

JJ
John J.
2014 Hyundai Elantra Gt
11/04/2016 Category: Service
Scam
I felt like the guy that did my intake was trying to scare me into buying new tires and get an alignment. I had already had an alignment done by another vendor.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 11/07/2016

Hi John,
    Thank you for your feedback these are things I need to know. I will get with the guys involved to see what happened. I don't know what your tires look like but if it looks like the tires are wearing abnormal the tech. will always recommend and alignment they have know way of knowing that you recently had and alignment done. Again I am truly sorry that you felt that we were trying to scam you I can assure you that, that is not the way we do business.

GK
George K.
Jefferson City, MO
2014 Hyundai Veloster
09/21/2016 Category: Service
Machens Hyundai made it right!
Just wanted to follow up from my previous review and say that Travis, the service manager contacted me and fixed the damage that they caused in the previous repair. While this should have never happened, I am glad to be able to report that they came through and made the repair necessary to fix the damage they caused.

09/21/2016 Category: Service
Damaged Dashboard from Replacement of heater controls
I took my car in to replace the failed heater control under warranty and the installed damaged my dash with scratches.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 09/21/2016

Hi George I am so sorry that you had this experience with us. We do wish that Hyundai would have designed the dash on the veloster different because it is almost impossible to replace the a/c control head with damaging the dash. What ever costs you in-crew by bringing it back in to be repaired please let me know. Once again I am trully sorry.

Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 09/30/2016

George thank you so much for this.

2012 Hyundai Accent
09/09/2016 Category: Service
Dirty Carwash
If you are going to offer free car washes, use clean water and do a good job. Otherwise, don't bother.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 09/09/2016

I apoligize for the bad wash. I will adress that with the detail department. Sometimes diagnosis does take a little extra time. We try to focus on fixing it right the first time.

RK
ROBERT K.
2011 Hyundai Tucson
09/05/2016 Category: Service
Love my Hyundai,but not again.
Always had great service before, but looks like Acura or Mercedes for me now.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 09/07/2016

Mr. Knapp, Unfortunately NitroFill only covers flat repairs for the first twelve months.  It looks like we also replaced a bulb.  Your business is important to us.  Let me know if there's anything I can do.

Mary P.
Shelbina, MO
08/09/2016 Category: Service
Poor service can hurt.
Not prepared for the recall notice. Donald Peters-Owner of the 2011 Sonata
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 08/09/2016

Hi Mrs. Peters,
   I'm truly sorry that you have to make two trips but our hands are tied. There is no way of knowing what part you need until the vehicle is here therefore it could not be pre-ordered. I wish we could do it different. I am again truly sorry.

GS
Gerald S.
Joliet, IL
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe
08/04/2016 Category: Service
You get our vehicle fix fast
Yes I would I love the way they are made
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 08/05/2016

Thank you Gerald for your feedback, it seems that you are happy with us but not so happy with the fact that your vehicle has been in the shop 3 times. I can understand your frustration but I believe that after finding the problem with the ground you should have no more issue's please let us know if you need anything.

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
06/28/2016 Category: Service
Double check your receipt before leaving and make sure you have plenty of time
Double check our receipt before you leave, I was told after being charged wrong that it is very common. Also, an oil change took 1 hour and 45 mins.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 06/30/2016

I am truly sorry that this happened. This is the first time that I have heard about the computer doing this and I assure you I will find out what is going on. I'm also sorry that it took so long to do your oil change I will also be looking into that, unless something odd happened there is no reason that it sould take near that long. I would like to extened out to you your next oil change be on us for the trouble that you had to go threw I just hope that you would give us another chance to prove that this is not the way we do business on a regular basis. Thank you for your feedback and for your business.

John T.
Unionville, MO
2014 Hyundai Elantra
06/26/2016 Category: Service
Not
Tires wore out at 23000 miles said I did not rotate them enough tires should not wear that soon poor warranty
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 06/27/2016

Hi John I'm truly sorry you didn't have a good experience. No matter what kind of vehicle you have If you don't rotate the tires at least every other oil change they will wear faster. Especially when the align. is out, they recommend rotating your tires every 8000 miles and no matter what shop you use they will recommend the same.

Florissant, MO
06/26/2016 Category: Service
Apathetic workers
My car is still not fixed. I'm deeply unsatisfied and will not own another Hyundai vehicle again .
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 06/27/2016

I am truly sorry to hear this please reach out to me so that I can get involved and figure out what is going on.

2015 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
06/08/2016 Category: Service

06/08/2016 Category: Service
Staff is friendly.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 06/08/2016

Hi Garnita, Jeff tells me you may have given us a 1 star unintentioinally I will send you a rescore survey. Thank you so much for your business and for doing the rescore.

MIKE W.
Fulton, MO
2009 Hyundai Sonata
12/04/2015 Category: Service
Charged for an evaluation.
Took a sonata in for a engine noise, was told it needed replacement. Even though no work done on the car was charged just to evaluate it.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 12/04/2015

Hi Mike I am truly sorry that you feel this way. All shops have a set fee for diagnostics. Ours is $69.95 and my advisor charged you $39.95 so it sounds like he was trying to help you out. We are just like a doctor anytime you go to the doctor there is a co pay, we can not work for free.

Atlanta, MO
11/17/2015 Category: Service
Our salesman was great. The service department has not been very helpful. The mpg rating was off about 7.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 11/18/2015

First we apologize for any disservice that we may have provided. Since you chose Anonymous I have no idea what has gone on with your car, but I can say that there are a lot of variables that go into mpg. We are not the ones who post the mpg on the cars but I would be glad to do all that I can to check to see if there is some mechanical reason that you car may not be getting as good as it should. Please feel free to call me any time and we can set up a good time for us to check the car over and see what we can find. Thanks

DANIEL C.
Ashland, MO
2014 Hyundai Elantra GT
07/07/2015 Category: Service
Misrepresented
I have a new Hyundai and had a tire go bad. When I call and asked about service was told they could do it all. Only to find out they do not do warranty work on tires. 3 hour of my time
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 07/08/2015

Mr. Calvin we do not misrepresent. You had a blow out while driving on the highway and there is not a vehicle manufacture out there that warranties tires for that. When you buy a new car you have the opportunity to purchase a road hazard warranty that covers those issues. You drove on the flat tire until there was barley any tire left so there is no way we could tell weather the tire was defective or weather you hit something. I am sorry you feel the way you do and we will always do what we can to take care of a customer but we can only do so much.

SE
Sara E.
2010 HYUNDAI ELANTRA
05/14/2015 Category: Service
Terrible Experiences
We had very bad service when we purchased our Elantra back in 2011. This was my first car purchase so I have to admit I was pretty green. We initially purchased a used SUV whose monthly payments on the paperwork were not what we agreed upon verbally. We reluctantly still signed and brought it home. Within the first week it died twice and we had to bring it for them to work on it. I went in and told them I couldn't keep that vehicle and we traded in on the new Elantra. (Lower payments and it was under warranty.)

Now about this service trip! I went in for a transmission fluid flush and found out there had been multiple recalls on the car. Nothing serious, but one would think that if Joe Machens can send me promo fliers and letters of pre approvals and trade-in deals monthly or more often they could also notify me of recalls on my vehicle. When I went to pay for my tranny flush they had charged me $50 more than what they had quoted. When I asked about it, they charged me for the warranty work. It then took them 20 minutes to get my paperwork fixed so I could pay them. They also had to order some parts for the warranty work. This was a Friday and I was told the part would be in by Wednesday and that they would call me. It is now 2 1/2 weeks later and I had to call them! The part was already in and I just got a 'yeah sorry I didn't call'. I'm going in today for the part to be replaced and am dreading it. I honestly don't know how they have such a good rating.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 05/14/2015

Hey Sara,
       Hopefully since we have talked your outlook on us is a little different. I do appreciate your honesty and willingness to let me know how you feel. If you need anything please let me know. Thanks

Jim P.
2011 Hyundai Elantra
05/01/2019 Category: Service
Lost a Customer this time
See previous write up!!
ANDREW A M. from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 05/01/2019

Hello, at no point we want to be dishonest with our customers.  We would be happy to retest the battery and show you the results and show the play we found in the ball joint.  Our techs are highly trained specifically for Hyundai vehicles. If these items were checked bad in error we need to know.  Please feel free to contact myself or the service manager Justin at 573-474-7400.

Andrew Moeller

2015 Hyundai Elantra
02/24/2019 Category: Service
Not Satisfied
Staff was friendly but not timely
JUSTIN K., Service Manager from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 02/26/2019

I want to apologize for your most recent service visit.  No excuses need to be made.  Leaving your vehicle unattended and the time it took to service it are completely unacceptable.  Scheduling a time for pick up of vehicles and locking them outside are both part of normal, everyday procedure.  I do appreciate you bringing this to my attention, so I can be sure that neither become a reoccurring issue.

Justin Kertz
Joe Machens Hyundai

Moberly, MO
2013 Hyundai Tucson
09/24/2018 Category: Service
Upselling
Watch out for them trying to sell you a more expensive repair than you actually need.
TYLER S., SERVICE WRITER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 09/25/2018

I appologize for thhe miscommunication we had.  I would be glad to explain to you our recommendations and how we came to those conclusions if needed, please just call!

Tyler Schrimpf - 573-474-7400

Amber M.
Moberly, MO
06/12/2018 Category: Service
Double check
Make sure they do everything they ask for. If the service is not on the ticket - it means they did not do it.
CHRIS S., Service Advisor from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 06/13/2018

I'm sorry about your recent experience with me, I would like to talk with you about this so that we can get this issue resolved. The last thing I want to do is upset a customer, and I'm sure there is some sort of explanation. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience, so I may resolve any concerns. Thank you.

Chris Sanchez