2007 Hyundai Accent
07/06/2020 Category: Service
Fix one thing and break another
I highly suspect the reason my car broke down was caused by shoddy repair work a few months prior.
ANDREW A M. from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 07/07/2020

I would love to discuss your vehicle repair with you. Customer satisfaction is our top priority.  Please contact at my direct line 573-388-8539 or the Service Manager Justin Kertz at 573-388-8543.

Jim P.
2011 Hyundai Elantra
05/01/2019 Category: Service
Lost a Customer this time
See previous write up!!
ANDREW A M. from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 05/01/2019

Hello, at no point we want to be dishonest with our customers.  We would be happy to retest the battery and show you the results and show the play we found in the ball joint.  Our techs are highly trained specifically for Hyundai vehicles. If these items were checked bad in error we need to know.  Please feel free to contact myself or the service manager Justin at 573-474-7400.

2015 Hyundai Elantra
02/24/2019 Category: Service
Not Satisfied
Staff was friendly but not timely
JUSTIN K., Service Manager from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 02/26/2019

I want to apologize for your most recent service visit.  No excuses need to be made.  Leaving your vehicle unattended and the time it took to service it are completely unacceptable.  Scheduling a time for pick up of vehicles and locking them outside are both part of normal, everyday procedure.  I do appreciate you bringing this to my attention, so I can be sure that neither become a reoccurring issue.

Moberly, MO
2013 Hyundai Tucson
09/24/2018 Category: Service
Upselling
Watch out for them trying to sell you a more expensive repair than you actually need.
TYLER S., SERVICE WRITER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 09/25/2018

I appologize for thhe miscommunication we had.  I would be glad to explain to you our recommendations and how we came to those conclusions if needed, please just call!

Tyler Schrimpf - 573-474-7400

Amber M.
Moberly, MO
06/12/2018 Category: Service
Double check
Make sure they do everything they ask for. If the service is not on the ticket - it means they did not do it.
CHRIS S., Service Advisor from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 06/13/2018

I'm sorry about your recent experience with me, I would like to talk with you about this so that we can get this issue resolved. The last thing I want to do is upset a customer, and I'm sure there is some sort of explanation. Please give me a call at your earliest convenience, so I may resolve any concerns. Thank you.

Chris Sanchez
Service Advisor
(573)474-7400

06/02/2018 Category: Service
Ok
They did an ok job the online appointment making was not good at all but when I called no one answered! But they got the job done so that is a good thing
TYLER S., SERVICE WRITER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 06/02/2018

Sorry Mark! I will inform management of your issues and we will do everything in our power to make online scheduling more user friendly.  If there is anything you need feel free to contact us at 573-474-7400.

Tyler Schrimpf - 573-474-7400

03/29/2018 Category: Service
Get the service cost in writing, expect a LONG wait
Expecting 60 dollar charge, it was over 100, service taking over 2 hours when you have .ca scheduled appointment
JUSTIN K., Service Manager from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 03/31/2018

It is never our attention to mislead a customer of the final cost for service.  I have spoke with each advisor individually and explained the importance of covering time necessary and cost of each service being performed.  I do agree that two hours for the services performed on your vehicle is excessive, and that any delay or extra time needed should have been brought to your attention.  I personally apologize for the time and any miscommunication regarding the cost of the services.

2014 Hyundai Elantra
03/22/2018 Category: Service
Come here if you have money to burn and time to waste
Oil change took over 2 hours. The service personnel tried to sell me several services and new tires totaling over $1000. Many of the services he tried to sell me were unnecessary and not recommended by the Hyundai owner's manual that came with my car.
JUSTIN K., Service Manager from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 03/23/2018

I apologize for any miscommunication regarding the service time for your vehicle.  An oil change and wash service should most definitely be done within an hour.  The additional services performed on your vehicle increased the time needed for completion, and this should have been brought to your attention.  I would like to go over all recommendations made during your last service and feel free to reach out to me if you question any recommendations made in the future.  We do appreciate your business in our service and sales department, and I never want you to leave questioning the services performed or recommended.

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe
02/20/2018 Category: Service
One bad experience doesn’t make it all bad.
I usually receive really professional service from this service center. I would definitely recommend it to others. I had a bad experience there recently, but I do intend to return for my car’s future service needs
ANDREW A M. from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 02/21/2018

I'm very sorry for the poor experience.  We do not want this to happen again and value you as a customer.  Please feel free to contact myself or Justin Kertz to get this issue resolved.  Thank you for the feedback and your business.

DF
Dennis F.
Green City, MO
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
01/18/2018 Category: Service
has always been good before
i would recommend this business to others as long as they get the right techs
TRAVIS S. from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 01/18/2018

I'm sorry to hear about the lack of time management, and have spoken with the advisor and technician that you had worked with that day.  We hope to see you again, and thank you for your feedback.

Travis Shaffer

CL
Christopher L.
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe S
12/08/2017 Category: Service
poor service
they make appointments for service but you are just in line behind others. The appointment isn't an apppointment. I waited two hours for a 15 minute oil change.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 12/08/2017

Hi Mr. Long I am truly sorry it took so long for your oil change. With washing your car the oil change should take an hour if it's two hours then we have a problem. I will get with my team and find out where the problem is. Thank you for your feedback that's how we get better.

EI
Erik I.
12/07/2017 Category: Service
Taken care of
Oil drip issues were resolved.

12/07/2017 Category: Service
Not sure what happened
Took the car in for an oil change. Noticed oil spots on my driveway and garage floor. Taking it back to see why I now have an oil leak that didn't exist before this service.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 12/08/2017

Good morning Erik we just got done looking at your car and there was some residual oil on the under cover from that didn't get cleaned off we are truly sorry for that. We will not let that happen again. Thank you for your feedback.

Jane L.
11/14/2017 Category: Service
Unreliable quality
You must watch the service, hope it is completed, and done correctly. Always let the buyer beware.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 11/14/2017

Jane,

We strive to give each customer that comes through our doors a fantastic service experience. This can be reflected in our 95% customer satisfaction score which is the second best in the midwest region. I am confident that we complete a multi-point inspection on every vehicle brought in for service, no matter how small the job. If the findings of this MPI were not relayed to you at the time of checkout I apoligize and in that we can do better.
Given the cold weather, it is very likely the TPMS light illumination was due to this, since our new vehicles are very sensitive to pressure changes. I am happy you were able to come in so that we could quickly correct your pressure loss from the cold and get you back on the road quickly.
Again- thank you so much for providing feedback, as we strive to maintain our 95% service rating. This rating can only be done by listening to our customers and we appreciate any opportunity to hear about your service. Please let us know how we can assist you in the future- we look forward to your continued business.

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
06/27/2017 Category: Service
Disappointed
I had brought my car in for the same issue 6 times. I understand that with the issue I was having with the steering wheel, that the car needed to be driven to find out what was happening, however, in the times that I brought it in and they took my car for 30 - 40 minutes coming back with "nothing happened", yet would never listen to me when I'd say that it happened while turning sharp corners; examples, backing out of my driveway, pulling into a parking spot, turning the wheel sharp to either side. The last time i brought my car in, I had finally got the popping noise on video, and had climbed under my car to try and figure out what was going on myself so I could get Machens to look further into this and fix my issue. My car is under warranty after all, and that is one of the main reasons I purchased a car from the dealership; as I shouldn't have to be pushing the issue that something is wrong nor fixing things myself. When I took it in the last time, Darrell drove it and came back within 15 minutes saying he heard it and that he wanted his Master Tech Travis to drive it. Travis came back, agreed that they needed to look further into this issue by putting sensors on my car to hear exactly where the noise was coming from. They explained everything wonderfully and even offered to come get my car at my job to take it for the day.. Wonderful! That's an amazing perk that you guys do offer when it comes to taking our car for the day. I get a call at the end of the day saying it is my rac and pinion and that the part will be in the following week, my car gets brought back to me. I get in my car to go home and the silver part that clips into the button to roll down the drivers window is broke off and I found it underneath the button. I clipped it back in but a piece broke so I have to continue to put it back in its place. I start driving and I'm hearing this rattling noise somewhere around my front left tire. It wasn't crazy loud or seeming to be a problem, as I could only hear it if I had my radio and air off, and since I knew they were coming back to get my car, if it didn't get worse before then, I would just wait until they came to pick it up to replace the part. The following week comes, the part is in, they come get my car at work, but on this day I needed a loaner as I had to drive to another building for work. I also told Darrell about the rattling I noticed the 1st day they took it and brought it back; it wasn't doing it before that, they would have known that too, since they were driving it that day(had the car about 6-7 hours) to figure out what was wrong. After work I went to pick up my car, I arrived at Machens and was told that the rattling was from loose bolts underneath on the plastic underbody. That it wasn't a big deal, they just needed tightened. I go to pay and see that I was being charged for tightening the bolts. I went to talk with Darrell about this charge and he got upset and then said, "Do you just want me to take the charge off of there?" I said Yes, trying to explain my reasoning that I thought maybe it was a mistake. He then asked me if I was undermining his Master Technician, I said no, I'm saying I think there's a mistake. People DO make mistakes, it's not a big deal, but I didn't feel like I had to pay for it; and I told him that. He then gave me the amount off, which I thanked him for. I leave to get in my car and no more do I pull out on Vandiver and my steering wheel pops! It is now doing it worse than before and it aggravates me every time I get in my car. I chose not to turn around and go back, because I feel like I've wasted so much of my time just trying to get someone to listen to me and really look at it. Furthermore, the way I felt I was treated if I didn't agree with something. Very disappointed. I know Joe Machens is the dominant dealership(s) in Columbia, and with that makes us customers just numbers, nothing important. However, this is the first time in my life that I have ever left a bad review. I did not have a good experience with Machens when I traded in my car. They took my car payment on a car I hadn't owned in 30 days and tried to tell me they didn't have to give me my money back until I went into the sales side and argued with Health, instead of when I called over the phone. I truly wish another Hyundai dealership was here, because now, I have to drive out of town to get my car fixed. What happened to good business?
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 06/28/2017

Wow this is a lot to take in and I hate to hear it although I am so glad to hear it so that I can make us better. I wish I had been involved with your car from the beginning and we could have saved a lot off time and aggravation. I didn't know anything about the window switch and it sounds like you do not want to come back to us but I would at least like to have the oppertunity to fix that If you would agree. I am also truly sorry about the way Darrell treated you and I will take care of that. Please if there is anything I can do to help let me know this is not the way we operate and this will be delt with I promise. Thank you so much for being honest and thank you for your business I am truly so we lost it over this.

06/21/2017 Category: Service
Took the clear coat off my bumpers when they did courtesy wash.
They do a good job generally. But my car had no paint peeling issues when I took it there, and it did when I got it back, and no one said anything to me. Found it when I parked in the sun the next day.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 06/21/2017

Sorry this happened. The washing department is a seperate business from Machens so I have passed this on to there boss's I will do what I can for you. Thanks