( 1928 Reviews )

Overall Rating 4.7272755/5Overall Rating 4.7272755/5Overall Rating 4.7272755/5Overall Rating 4.7272755/5rating 4.7272755
Overall Rating 2.27273/5Overall Rating 2.27273/5rating 2.27273rating 2.27273rating 2.27273

09/17/2019 Category: Service
Hyundai Sonata repair for oil consumption
Service was NOT what I was told. New smell of anti freeze and burning oil. New is different than a rebuilt engine....
TYLER S., SERVICE WRITER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 09/19/2019

Thank you for completing my survey, I appreciate your feedback.  Thank you for reaching out with your concerns.  My service manager and myself would like to speak with you and correct any issues with your engine replacement, at your earliest convenience.

Tyler Schrimpf
Service Advisor

09/09/2019 Category: Service
I always get great service at Hyundai. I will continue to buy my vehicles there and get my services done there.
TYLER S., SERVICE WRITER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 09/09/2019

Thank you for completing my survey, I appreciate the feedback.
If there are any concerns please feel free to call.

Christopher S.
Lake Ozark, MO
2019 Hyundai Elantra
08/13/2019 Category: Service
New car with problems.
After original review of service. Tyler fromhe service department contacted me and offered to resolve any issues. I took it back. They provided me with a servuce rental car that was very nice and presentable. Tyler kept in contact with me thru the whole process until my issue was solved.
Thank you Tyler!

08/13/2019 Category: Service
New car with problems.
Multiple issues with brand new elantra. Took it to dealership to address problems. And nothing was fixed only reset of computer system. And same issues only day or 2 later.
TYLER S., SERVICE WRITER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 08/13/2019

thank you for your feedback.

2011 Hyundai Elantra
08/09/2019 Category: Service
Hyundai Rating Review
Having it be the first time there, I wouldn't say it was bad. It did surprise me that when I walked in the building, there were a lot of office cubicles. I expected a showroom like Honda or KIA. My trip however, was to the service department. Very kind staff, always ready to help. I feel the only improvements I'd make is to have the dealership look more lively. You display big exciting trips to the car dealerships in the advertisements, but when you arrive and that find it wasn't as you expected. Other than that, great service and waiting room. I will be making more trips to Hyundai as my car drives on. Thank you.
TYLER S., SERVICE WRITER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 08/12/2019

Thank you for your feedback, we greatly appreciate the detail, its not all the time you get actual feeback like this.  If there is ever any issues please call.

Tyler Schrimpf - 573-388*8530

06/17/2019 Category: Service
Tyler was great and fast with the service and Justin is great as always.
TYLER S., SERVICE WRITER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 06/18/2019

Thank you for completing my survey, I appreciate the perfect score.

Tyler Schrimpf - 573-388-8540

California, MO
2015 Hyundai Elantra
06/07/2019 Category: Service
Wonderful
No comment
ANDREW A M. from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 06/10/2019

Hello, could you please contact myself or the service manager Justin Kertz regarding your service visit.  We strive for 5 star reviews and if your experience was less than satisfactory, we would love the opportunity to make it right. My direct line is 573-388-8539 or email amoeller@machens.com  Thank you.

Jack C.
05/17/2019 Category: Service
Service was perform quickly and well
ANDREW A M. from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 05/21/2019

Jim P.
2011 Hyundai Elantra
05/01/2019 Category: Service
Lost a Customer this time
See previous write up!!
ANDREW A M. from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 05/01/2019

Hello, at no point we want to be dishonest with our customers.  We would be happy to retest the battery and show you the results and show the play we found in the ball joint.  Our techs are highly trained specifically for Hyundai vehicles. If these items were checked bad in error we need to know.  Please feel free to contact myself or the service manager Justin at 573-474-7400.

03/19/2019 Category: Service
Repair
OK.
ANDREW A M. from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 03/19/2019

Customer satisfaction is our number one goal.  Please let us know what we can do different to make your experience worthy of a 5 star rating.  Feel free to contact me or the service manager Justin Kertz at 573-474-7400.  Thank you.

2015 Hyundai Elantra
02/24/2019 Category: Service
Not Satisfied
Staff was friendly but not timely
JUSTIN K., Service Manager from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 02/26/2019

I want to apologize for your most recent service visit.  No excuses need to be made.  Leaving your vehicle unattended and the time it took to service it are completely unacceptable.  Scheduling a time for pick up of vehicles and locking them outside are both part of normal, everyday procedure.  I do appreciate you bringing this to my attention, so I can be sure that neither become a reoccurring issue.

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe
01/14/2019 Category: Service
Average
Communication needs to improve with customers.
TYLER S., SERVICE WRITER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 01/15/2019

I appreciate the feedback and am sorry to hear about your experience. In the mist of a busy day it can seem like we miss a step.  I appologize fo rthis experience and hope to give you a better experience next visit.

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe S
10/19/2018 Category: Service
,,,,,,
,,,,,,,l
CHRISTOPHER L S. from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 10/20/2018

Hello, This is Chris Simmons from Joe Machens Hyundai. I was curious if you may be able to contact me and let me know what I can do better in the future to obtain a 5 star rating from you. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

KN
Kimberly N.
Jefferson City, MO
10/04/2018 Category: Service
Kim
Slow service
TYLER S., SERVICE WRITER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 10/04/2018

Kim, I am sorry that you had such a bad experience last service.  We are now offering wash cards for tiger express for free washes, next service ill be sure to mention that option.  Also, we have replaced the failed tv's in our waiting area.  Sorry for the inconvienence.

LC
Lisa C.
Huntsville, MO
2013 Hyundai Tucson
10/03/2018 Category: Service
Changes in management
I did have a good experience THIS TIME... however I had to get my salesman and the service manager involved in scheduling to have a good experience.
Since I have had horrible experiences in the past with my two previous cars, I bought a Chevy this time - it is a shame, because I love working with Dan (salesman), but if I can't have good service without stirring everyone up, I don't need to buy another car there.

I was there 2 weeks before my service visit, and mentioned that it was frustrating that the hours were not on the door. They told me they were listed on the website. I had been in the area for supper and drove by - and left frustrated because there were M-F hours listed, but none for Saturday - I assumed that meant they were closed. They are open Saturday, and I was told that the hours would be put on the door. When I returned in 2 weeks, they were NOT. I was told it would be expensive to do it because they have to remove the window tinting to do it. They are currently "saving money to do it" I am sure the cost to put their hours on the door is less than the money I have paid for vehicles
TYLER S., SERVICE WRITER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 10/04/2018

Thank you for your feedback.

Moberly, MO
2013 Hyundai Tucson
09/24/2018 Category: Service
Upselling
Watch out for them trying to sell you a more expensive repair than you actually need.
TYLER S., SERVICE WRITER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 09/25/2018

I appologize for thhe miscommunication we had.  I would be glad to explain to you our recommendations and how we came to those conclusions if needed, please just call!

DF
Douglas F.
2014 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
08/28/2018 Category: Service
Do not value their customers
Poor communication. Show no desire to follow through on comments. Have absolutely no value towards loyal customers. Would not recommend to friends or family their services.
JUSTIN K., Service Manager from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 08/30/2018

Doug, I apologize for the delay.  As I said when we spoke, we will most definitely resolve this issue for you.  I look forward to you seeing you and/or Gretchen in the near future to order a new center cap, and I hope to put this all behind us as soon as possible.

Moberly, MO
2011 Hyundai Veracruz
08/14/2018 Category: Service
The service is second to none.
I am always met by someone who wants to do the job and to please. Andrew has been helping me since his first day in the service dept at Machens Hyundai.
ANDREW A M. from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 08/15/2018

John C.
Marshall, MO
2007 Hyundai Entourage
08/14/2018 Category: Service
Services Quality and Customer Relations
Excellent attention given to my specific concerns for this appointment with satisfying service outcome. Good communication with me regarding recommended additional services needed, with good acceptance of my choices in those regards.
ANDREW A M. from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 08/15/2018

AP
Andrew P.
08/03/2018 Category: Service
Service and Sales at Joe Machens Hyundai
Not...based upon my previous detailed comments it is simple....treat the customer like they are your ultimate boss!
JUSTIN K., Service Manager from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 08/04/2018

I apologize for your sales experience, and I do hope that you enjoy the new Equinox.

Jessica L.
07/13/2018 Category: Service
Didn’t do services they were supposed to
Dropped car off for recall services; recall guys! Asked them to check my fluids and top off my windshield wiper fluid. Had my dad pick up the car; the report says all was done. When I got in my car the windshield wiper fluid low notice was still popping up and there isn’t a sticker saying they checked my seatbelts...or the warning/reminder sticker. Really, Columbia Hyundai!? They were always so good to me before. Clearly something was off this day, but for someone coming from out of town, I don’t feel that this is great service; especially if there might be an actual issue with my seatbelts.
TYLER S., SERVICE WRITER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 07/14/2018

Contacting customer to resolve issue.