Christopher S.
Lake Ozark, MO
2019 Hyundai Elantra
08/13/2019 Category: Service
New car with problems.
After original review of service. Tyler fromhe service department contacted me and offered to resolve any issues. I took it back. They provided me with a servuce rental car that was very nice and presentable. Tyler kept in contact with me thru the whole process until my issue was solved.
Thank you Tyler!

08/13/2019 Category: Service
New car with problems.
Multiple issues with brand new elantra. Took it to dealership to address problems. And nothing was fixed only reset of computer system. And same issues only day or 2 later.
TYLER S., SERVICE WRITER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 08/13/2019

thank you for your feedback.

EI
Erik I.
12/07/2017 Category: Service
Taken care of
Oil drip issues were resolved.

12/07/2017 Category: Service
Not sure what happened
Took the car in for an oil change. Noticed oil spots on my driveway and garage floor. Taking it back to see why I now have an oil leak that didn't exist before this service.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 12/08/2017

Good morning Erik we just got done looking at your car and there was some residual oil on the under cover from that didn't get cleaned off we are truly sorry for that. We will not let that happen again. Thank you for your feedback.

GK
George K.
Jefferson City, MO
2014 Hyundai Veloster
09/21/2016 Category: Service
Machens Hyundai made it right!
Just wanted to follow up from my previous review and say that Travis, the service manager contacted me and fixed the damage that they caused in the previous repair. While this should have never happened, I am glad to be able to report that they came through and made the repair necessary to fix the damage they caused.

09/21/2016 Category: Service
Damaged Dashboard from Replacement of heater controls
I took my car in to replace the failed heater control under warranty and the installed damaged my dash with scratches.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 09/21/2016

Hi George I am so sorry that you had this experience with us. We do wish that Hyundai would have designed the dash on the veloster different because it is almost impossible to replace the a/c control head with damaging the dash. What ever costs you in-crew by bringing it back in to be repaired please let me know. Once again I am trully sorry.

Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 09/30/2016

George thank you so much for this.

2015 Hyundai Sonata Hyb
06/08/2016 Category: Service

06/08/2016 Category: Service
Staff is friendly.
Travis M B., SERVICE MANAGER from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 06/08/2016

Hi Garnita, Jeff tells me you may have given us a 1 star unintentioinally I will send you a rescore survey. Thank you so much for your business and for doing the rescore.

Clydia H.
2011 Hyundai Veracruz
11/25/2020 Category: Service
Service review
I have always received good service from the employees at HYUNDAI, Columbia, MO. Years ago after one of my sons had passed away in the early part of the week my car battery died. Needless to say I was not having a good week. When a friend drove me to the dealership to pick up my car I discovered I had no credit card with me or my checkbook or cash. The service department manager gave me my car with a new battery and I paid the dealership soon thereafter. The customer waiting area is also quite nice. They used to have coloring books for kids. Then they had donuts for everyone. Then they had free soda for everyone. Now they have an assortment of health snacks for everyone. It just keeps getting better and better. What's next? A steak dinner?!!!

2020 Hyundai Elantra
11/24/2020 Category: Service
Simply Outstanding
Great service, outstanding people, enjoyable experience.

DA
Dobrorah A.
11/19/2020 Category: Service
I was treated very professionally
I appreciate all the input explaining what they were doing.

Pilot Grove, MO
11/15/2020 Category: Service
Customer Service Rocks!!
Customer Service was great. Provided a car while mine was in for warranty repair. Very thorough on explanation of repairs.
ANDREW A M. from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 11/16/2020

Thank you for the excellent review!  The combination of the dual clutch and turbo engine can have some lag, which is characteristic of your model.  We would be happy to take a look again if needed.  There are other things that can cause similar symptoms as well, such as a dirty fuel system or worn spark plugs.  I have attached a link with and explanation of how the transmission works in the Tucson.  Let me know if you have any questions. 573-388-8539.  https://hyundaiserviceguide.com/SharedLink.aspx?cargroup=0&menuid=8d4bcc80-1997-40b1-86be-5c7bb003f375&submenuid=859e8230-ad4e-4414-8220-b50f109685e4&contenttype=1

James M.
2008 Hyundai Sonata
11/05/2020 Category: Service
Took too long
State inspection should not take over an hour!
JUSTIN K., Service Manager from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 11/05/2020

Thank you for your feedback.  I completely agree that the time in service was excessive.  I appreciate you taking the time to bring this to my attention.  We are always changing processes in an attempt take care of our customers in a timely manner, and I never want anyone to feel as if we do not value their time.

Justin Kertz
Joe Machens Hyundai

Eureka, MO
2019 Hyundai Elantra
11/03/2020 Category: Service
Quick and friendly
They were transparent about what I needed and replaced my transmission in less than a day
ANDREW A M. from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 11/17/2020

Saint Robert, MO
2020 Hyundai Elantra
10/26/2020 Category: Service
Terrific staff and service
I got so lucky with my new car , when it was time for my Daughter to buy hers she dealt with Joe Machens as well.
ANDREW A M. from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 10/27/2020

VC
Vahl C.
Brookfield, MO
10/25/2020 Category: Service
Serviceonvehicleisgreat.
Car technicians really good. Get you in quick. Great service.
RP
RYAN P. from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 11/17/2020

HELLO, THIS IS RYAN WITH JOE MACHENS HYUNDAI. I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU FOR THE POSITIVE FEEDBACK ON YOUR LAST VISIT TO JM HYUNDAI. WE APPRECIATE YOUR BUSINESS AND LOOK FORWARD ON SERVING YOU IN THE FUTURE.

Karen S.
Sedalia, MO
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe
10/23/2020 Category: Service
Warranty repair quickly accomplished
My car was purchased used, no service manual included. The service personnel let me know about warranty related service, which could have been very costly down the road if not performed.
ANDREW A M. from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 10/27/2020

Thank you for the feedback.

RO
Ryan O.
2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
10/22/2020 Category: Service
Great employees
The employees are very great to interact with.
RP
RYAN P. from Joe Machens Hyundai responded on 11/17/2020

HELLO,
   THIS IS RYAN WITH JOE MACHENS HYUNDAI. I JUST WANTED TO SAY I APPRECIATE THE POSITIVE FEEDBACK, WE LOOK FORWARD TO HELPING YOU WITH ANY FUTURE MAINTENANCE YOU MAY HAVE.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH, HAVE A GREAT EVENING.

RYAN