4.6

Overall Rating 4.6923077/5Overall Rating 4.6923077/5Overall Rating 4.6923077/5Overall Rating 4.6923077/5rating 4.6923077
Overall Rating 1.69231/5rating 1.69231rating 1.69231rating 1.69231rating 1.69231

Freeville, NY
2015 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
10/11/2019 Category: Service
Never Again
Read the survey information - very poor interaction.
JOSJUA A., Service Manager from Maguire Hyundai responded on 10/14/2019

"It’s unfortunate the service did not meet your expectations. We have a new management team in the service department and are making improvements every day.  Please call us if we can help you in the future."

Josh Amato
6072738585
jamato@maguirecars.com

Lesile B.
Scipio Center, NY
2012 Hyundai Tucson
10/08/2019 Category: Service
Service was such a disappointment
I will not go back and have told all my friends about this.

Endicott, NY
09/07/2019 Category: Service
Good Dealership - Poor Service Department Communication
We bought our Hyundai thru this dealership. And have had it back for recalls in the past. All prior experiences were positive. We live an hour from this dealership. Recently took car in for additional recalls. Had a 10 AM appointment. Was told it would take approx 2 hours to complete. Car was not ready until approx 4:30 PM. During this time no calls or status updates were made to me as to why this was taking so much longer. I was told they were busy that day. My response was - I had an appointment.

David S.
Groton, NY
07/26/2019 Category: Service
Good service response
The service manager Jason, took the time to have a tech ride with me and completely rescan the vehicle systems and look at the cut in the carpet. They all have this cut and no system errors or updates were found. Excellent follow up to my angry former post.

07/26/2019 Category: Service
Unacceptable service
If people are smart they will stay away from the Maguire Family of dealerships. You will be lied to, mislead and ignored when there is a problem. Horrible service department.
Jason V., Service Manager from Maguire Hyundai responded on 07/31/2019

David,

I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your visit. I would like to invite you in to discuss this and how we can get this fixed for you. Feel free to contact me to set up a time to meet and have a conversation about your experience. Im sure you will see that this is not the way we operate.

Sincerely,

Jason VanDerpoel
Maguire Hyundai Service Manager
607.273.8585 ext. 235

Jason V., Service Manager from Maguire Hyundai responded on 08/07/2019

David,

Thanks for stoppping by, and it was my pleasure to meet you. Feel free to contact me directly for your next service appointment!

Dennis B.
Groton, NY
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe S
02/26/2019 Category: Service
Retract previous review on 2016 Santa Fe
I previously noted in yesterday’s review that my 2016 Santa Fe Turbo had no power and was not in good working order. Come to find out the engine was perfect and the turbo was fine. When Maguire contacted me today they found the issuer was in the Transmission harness and was very detailed, polite and extremely friendly on the issue at hand. They order new part/parts and stated that they will do several test drives to ensure the car is perfect and in excellent condition before they contact me to come pick it up. Since it’s under warranty still, again no cost to me, no time lost cause I still am driving a loner car which is a great car and very dependable. I definitely am satisfied with the hard work and patience Maguire does in dealing with such issues with troubleshooting and diagnosing Vehicles with extreme care and perfection. I definitely will recommend Maguire to my friends and family because they go all out and make sure all customers are treated like family. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

02/26/2019 Category: Service
Engine was replaced and SUV had no power, lied too by Maguire.
Very disappointed and extremely dissatisfied with the way things came about and will never have work done there again even though it was under warranty and I paid nothing out of pocket. As professionals my car should of been done correctly tested by more than 1 machanic when completed and at least cleaned. Car was in worse shape when I got on and started it, just to hear a loud squeal and terrible burning smell my first time starting it after they stated SUV was completed and they stand by there work and garrenteed me is was 100% done and in great working order with the new engine.
JAMES D. from Maguire Hyundai responded on 02/27/2019

Dennis, I do appologize for the issues with your vehicle. I have done my best to keep you into a loaner vehicle for the time that your vehicle has been here. I personally drove your vehicle less than an hour before you picked it up and it ran fine at that time. I understand your frustration and we are working to remedy the issue that has developed. please contact me so we can discuss what has happened with your vehicle. Thank you, Jim Dean

RZ
Rachid Z.
Ocean Gate, NJ
2018 Hyundai Kona
09/21/2018 Category: Service
Poor service
See previous comment. Oil change was 2+ hours when booking first time slot 3 weeks in advance
JAMES D. from Maguire Hyundai responded on 09/22/2018

Good morning, thank you for your feedback. I do apologize for the extreme wait time. I will do my best to remedy this situation. I will try to reach you today to discuss this.
                                                  James Dean

DT
David T.
Plant City, FL
08/10/2018
Service and dealership
I have never been in a more filthy place. The bathrooms were outdated and dirty. The waiting area was very small with high top chairs. that were very uncomfortable. The rug to the main entrance was filthy. After 2 1/2 hrs my car was ready. We went out and opened my driver door to find my floor mat filthy with grease and dirt. This is a 40'000 dollar car. A 2018. I guess they don't care about repeat business. I will never go back. The service manager did get it washed and vacuumed . But still had to go home and scrub the floor mat with soap and water. Very disappointed.

CT
Chiming T.
04/30/2018 Category: Service
Bad service
I don’t want to comment any further
Cliff B., Service Manager from Maguire Hyundai responded on 05/01/2018

Good morning,

First, I would like to thank you for your response.

I have been reviewing your repair order all morning, I have spoken with the service writer that you worked with and the technician who worked on your vehicle. At the time of your service appointment, it was found that there was impact damage to your front right wheel, evidenced by the scrape marks on the wheel and the lower front corner of the body just in front of the wheel on the right side. The technician was also unsure if you might need your wheel replaced, dependant on the damage, or possibly repaired if the balance was affected, and to check your alignment afterwaird. These were noted on your repair order.

What your warranty covers is manufacturer defect of materials and workmanship. We rely on our technicians to inform us of what component has failed and the cause of that failure. At the time of your service appointment, our technician noted the impact damage to the vehicle and determined that was the cause for the failure of your wheel bearing. Impact damage is not a manufacturing defect of material and workmanship.

This is by no means a judgement as to your driving habits. The best drivers in the world still have accidents. It is entirely possible that your vehicle hydroplained and hit a curb, or caught a patch of ice and slid, or was impacted by another vehicle in a parking lot. Our job, in part, is to look at the information which the vehicle provides us with and determine whether or not there is a defect of the part or outside influence. In this case, the technician found compounding evidence to lead him to determine that outside influence caused the bearing defect beyond what could be proven otherwise.

We would have been more than happy to exercise your warranty! Hyundai's warranty policy reimburses/pays us for warranty repairs - we would not have been performing the work for free. We do have a responsibility to Hyundai, however, just as we do to you, to perform repairs properly and as needed.

From what I can see on your paperwork, the only services which were added (even potentially 'sold' to you) were a pair of recalls which we performed on your vehicle that Hyundai paid for - one for replacement of the inhibitor switch and the other for replacement of an intake hose assembly.

I am sorry that you feel that we have wronged you. It was neither intentional, personal or on purpose to do so. We are obligated to present the facts as they are. I would be more than happy to discuss this with you further - please call me a (607) 273-8585 at your convenience. Hyundai, as well, has a customer care number, (800) 633-5151. Please reach out at your convenience.

Jade C.
Spencer, NY
03/07/2018 Category: Service
Aweful Experience
Need reimbursement for rental and towing receipts that i submitted. We were without our carf for almost a month due to recalled engine. Unbelievable.
Cliff B., Service Manager from Maguire Hyundai responded on 03/08/2018

Good morning, and thank-you for your feedback! Communication is something which we do need to work on and I am working on this with our team at this time. I have spoken with our service team and so far as I can find, there has been no commincation as to a tow bill or a rental bill during the repair - we were not aware that you were in a rental vehicle! By all means, PLEASE send me this information as soon as possible as we are currently working with Hyundai to be paid for this claim and can add these to your claim for reimbursement. I will be calling you within the next few hours, if that's OK.

All the best,
Cliff

Trumansburg, NY
02/25/2018 Category: Service
Poor communication
Service department needs alot of improvement.
Cliff B., Service Manager from Maguire Hyundai responded on 02/26/2018

Thank-you for your feedback, I'll be discussing this with our team and reaching out to you as soon as I can. If at all possible, I would like to rectify this with you.

James B.
02/06/2018 Category: Service
Not Good!
No effort was taken to find the real problem.
James L., District Manager from Maguire Hyundai responded on 02/07/2018

Thank you for the feedback, we will discuss with the management team

Anthony M.
2017 Hyundai Azera
12/07/2017 Category: Service
poor
your customer sevice is not good
James L., District Manager from Maguire Hyundai responded on 12/08/2017

Thank you for your feedback, we will discuss with the management team.

2010 Hyundai Sonata
09/19/2017 Category: Service
Inspection with check engine light
Have had problems with the check engine light for many years. Never bothered to fix it right.
James L., District Manager from Maguire Hyundai responded on 09/21/2017

Thank you for your feedback. We will pass this information on to the management team.

AK
Alicia K.
Scipio Center, NY
04/18/2017
Horrible service center
Initially very happy with the service and attention...however....we problems with shaking/hot brakes on the 12th day after purchase and had to be towed to the shop from Syracuse. I personally spoke with three employees the first day, my husband spoke with two. We were refused a loaner vehicle the first day. The following day I was contacted by the service manager who stated he had no idea why my vehicle was towed to their lot. I explained the situation again and was assured it would be looked at and fixed. My husband spoke with the service manager the same day and was informed that one part was on order but that all that needed to be fixed was not necessary and would not be done (we had already had the vehicle independently examined by our mechanic and know exactly what the problem is with the vehicle). The service manager informed my husband that the rear calipers were also being reconditioned as the pins were not working properly. At 530 pm the second day we were finally given a loaner car after calling multiple times with no call back even though I had been assured I would hear by 11:00 a.m. at the latest. On the third day I had to contact the service department again for an update on the vehicle. At 530 pm I was told the vehicle was finished, had been test driven and was all set to be picked up. We went the fourth morning to pick the vehicle up. Upon taking the vehicle for a test drive the problem still remained. We took the vehicle back to the service department, sent a video and text message to the sales woman who sold us the vehicle. We informed the service department (for the second time) that the remotes do not work and need to be fixed. We were again assured that the vehicle would be completely fixed. We heard nothing from Maguire until I called AGAIN on the 6th day to get an update. I spoke with the service manager again who stated the vehicle was fixed but he was waiting for a call back on the remotes as he had discovered that they were not working (we have told a Maguire employee this twice at this point). Also, there is an additional problem with noise in the back end of the vehicle after Maguire worked on the vehicle, the service manager told me on the phone that Maguire had not touched the rear end of the vehicle. When I reminded him what he had told me husband the previous week he retracted his statement and stated that Maguire had worked on the rear end of the vehicle. He was going to take it for another test drive to see if he could hear the road noise. (The noise was bad enough that my child had a headache from riding in the 3rd row for 2 miles).
Now we are on the evening of the sixth day of the service department having our vehicle and still do not have it back. Very frustrated. Maguire seems to have zero communication happening between and among their employees.

KP
Kevin P.
2006 Hyundai Elantra
02/24/2017 Category: Service
They made it right very quickly!
The service manager Bob Sullivan contacted me immediately about the issues. I went back to the dealership and went over everything with him. He apologized for the bad experience and said things should have been explained verbally to us but made no excuses. He went out personally and looked at the car's issues. He assured me he would make it right -- and he did.

He gave me a loaner vehicle right away to have over the weekend and until it was fixed later the next week so I wouldn't have to worry about having car problems. While I was waiting for it to be fixed, he called me several times to update me on the progress. The quality of the work was excellent as always.

It was definitely an excellent experience as I had always been used to in the past.

02/24/2017 Category: Service
Usually good service but not this time around
Although the service has always been great and I never had a complaint, I was very frustrated with what happened this time around. Here are the problems:

1) My wife brought the car in and when it was finished, nobody said a word to her about the 3 recommended repairs that were in the paperwork she received. It was only because I went through the paperwork that I saw them. The description of 2 of these repairs made it sound like the car might not be safe to drive, ie. "Axel seal seeping" and "Front sway bar links starting to become loose". If you didn't know much about cars, would you feel safe driving after reading that?

These kinds of repairs should always be pointed out to customers at the time of service. We would have liked to have had the option of getting them fixed right then and there (or leaving it for the next day), but instead I have to drive it to work now feeling less than safe. That's why I bring it in for preventative maint, so we can fix these kinds of things before I break down on the road somewhere.

2) There was no mention in the paperwork of how long I could drive it until those repairs would be critical -- a week, a month, 6 months?

3) My wife told them that there was very little air coming out of the vents on the dashboard and windshield. She was told it was the cabin air filter and it was replaced. But when I tried the vents, they were exactly the same with almost no air so the technician never bothered to test it I guess.

We made another appt for next week to do these repairs.
Bob S. from Maguire Hyundai responded on 02/25/2017

Hello Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to talk with me regarding your recent visit. I appreciate your business and I and thank you for giving the me the opportunity to correct the issues. I was happy to provide you a vehicle. Please don't hesitate to contact me anytime.

PB
Paul B.
Shelton, CT
12/17/2016
Lousy repair - high charge for unnecessary work and didn't repair the problem
Poor heat in our Hyundai Sonata 2008. Maguire replaced a thermostat, inlet hose to heater core and added 1 gallon coolant. They had the car for a week. Charged $464.98.
My daughter was driving a couple of days afterword’s and said the heat wasn’t hot enough.
Since she was coming home in a few days and didn’t have enough time to return it to Maguire I said I would check it when she got home (5 hour drive). I confirmed the heat was poor and checked the coolant, I had to add 1 gallon. It was fortunate the car didn’t overheat and blow the engine.
I had the problem before and had back flushed the heater core myself and notices the heater core hose connections at the firewall were corroded. I had figured Maguire would replace the heater core.
The thermostat was not the problem, the heater core needed to be replaced and I had it done in my hometown.
Beef with Maquire is they should have replaced the heater core. The thermostat and hose were not the problem. I was charged $464.98 for work that was not needed and was high for the work completed.

David G.
10/07/2016 Category: Service
Way too long for warranty repair
trying ot be accommodating but unbelievable occurrences and my car is still in the shop after a month !!
Bob S. from Maguire Hyundai responded on 10/08/2016

Hello Mr. Gross,
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me Saturday. Thank you for the information you provided. I see the vehicle was dropped off on September 5th. We found the turbo to bad and ordered the Turbo. You were correct when you said the part would be late September or early October. I do sse notes to that effect. I remember when took the when done you came back immediately with same issue. We performed a smoke test and found a leak in the inner cooler. We ordered part. Vehicle is done and as we dicussed I will drive the vehicle myself to make sure all is well. I will contact you Monday around 10:00. I apologize for all the inconvience this have caused. Thank you for your kind words Saturday.

John P.
Roseland, NJ
09/23/2016 Category: Service
Inability to correct oil leak after THREE visits
I'm very disappointed and want the money I have paid for parts, labor and car rental returned since the service promised was not given during my second visit for the same problem; oil leak
Bob S. from Maguire Hyundai responded on 09/27/2016

Hello Mr. Poulos,
I tried calling you and left a message. I had pulled your file to see what happened with the oil leak. I see your first visit on 8/12/16 was due to an oil pan leak that was sealed improperly at a NJ Dealership. On your second visit 9/15/16 you had another oil leak due to a Turbo Feed Line leaking. On 9/21/16 you returned with the same oil leak from the Turbo Feed Line due to a faulty gasket. I was on vacation from 9/14 to 9/26/16. We should have given you a vehicle due to the parts having to be ordered. If you give me a copy of your car rental I will be happy to reimburse you the money you paid for the rental. Please feel free to contact me at 607-273-8585.

Madeline G.
2011 HYUNDAI SONATA
09/05/2016 Category: Service
We will bring the Sinata in tomorrow I've been having problems with it since the day I picked it up . It won't start whenever I turn it it doesn't catch. Literally it started the day I took the shuttle to Naguire Hyundai. I hope Maguire stands by its commitment to its customers and repairs my car. I can't afford to tow it over either. ! But Well be in tomorrow to discuss this with the repair manager !!
Mrs Gould
Bob S. from Maguire Hyundai responded on 09/06/2016

Hello Ms. Gould,

I tried calling you this morning and left a message. I see your vehicle was in for a recall to replace the Electric Power Steering Module. You also had a concern with a knocking noise when turning your steering wheel. I'm not sure why your vehicle won't start or what ties it may have to the steering. We will be happy to look at your vehicle to find to the problem. If you have any questions please feel free to call to at 607-273-8585. Thank You.

07/24/2016 Category: Service
Don't say you are about to sell your car
Letting the service person know that you are about to sell the car makes him recommend unnecessary services which may cost a lot.
Chris F. from Maguire Hyundai responded on 07/25/2016

I am very sorry that it took so long, we were asked to give your vehicle a complete check over. I am sorry that it needs tires, as we stated they are still legal but we worry about their performance when it gets wet out and certainly when it's snowing. also the brakes are just very rusty, we wanted to report that to you as well. they are again legal, we were just reporting our findings.we hope to see you in the future, we are here to take care of you