4.6

Overall Rating 4.6923077/5Overall Rating 4.6923077/5Overall Rating 4.6923077/5Overall Rating 4.6923077/5rating 4.6923077
Overall Rating 1.69231/5rating 1.69231rating 1.69231rating 1.69231rating 1.69231

Elmira, NY
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
11/09/2019 Category: Service
friendly staff
ok, just took too long for a simple oil change
JAMES D. from Maguire Hyundai responded on 11/11/2019

Good morning, I would like to appoligize for the extended wait time. I would appreciate the chance to speak with you about your service. Please feel free to call me at your convience. Thank you, Jim Dean

LH
Linda H.
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
10/13/2019 Category: Service
It was ok
This was a recall visit for parts you requested
JAMES D. from Maguire Hyundai responded on 10/14/2019

Thank you for your response. We hope to see you back for any further needs you have. Hope you have a great day.

Clifton, NJ
09/18/2019 Category: Service
Will not return
Too many things went wrong. When you are charged for a service that clearly was not done, that is a problem. Yes, it was done on my second trip back because it was questioned.
Very disappointed in this experience.

09/12/2019 Category: Service
Poor communication
Great place to buy. Repair communication is lacking. Only found out information because i called.
Jason V., Service Manager from Maguire Hyundai responded on 09/13/2019

Michael,

Thank you for this feedback, we take all information very seriosly as it helps to identify processes that need adjustments so this doesnt happen going forward. I would like to reach out to you today to see how this can be rectified.

Cortland, NY
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe
08/25/2019 Category: Service
Facility rough
Good staff no parking building rough

Mc Lean, NY
05/06/2019 Category: Service
GUIDO MAKES HYUNDAI GREAT
Guido is just a wonderful person to deal with!
JAMES D. from Maguire Hyundai responded on 05/08/2019

Good morning, I apologize for not getting the best number to contact you with on the day of service. We also try to stay competitive on prices but as with anything there will always be someone who can perform services cheaper usually at the expense of quality. We hope to see you back and will do our best to work within your budget. Thank you for choosing Maguire, Jim Dean

03/11/2019 Category: Service
Longer than expected service
An oil change took over 2 hours. I was told this was because I booked an appointment at 11:30 and all mechanics go to lunch at 12. I was not informed of this issue until my car was ready, after sitting in the waiting area for over 2 hours.
JAMES D. from Maguire Hyundai responded on 03/12/2019

Hello, I do apologize for the extreme wait time you had. If you wouldnt mind calling me, I would like the chance to speak with you and make things right. Thank you, Jim Dean

LP
Leon P.
12/25/2018 Category: Service
Return for service
I'm frustrated to have to return the car to be serviced within a week of picking it up for the same concern.
GUIDO Z., SERVICE MANAGER from Maguire Hyundai responded on 12/26/2018

We appologize for the inconvenience unfortunely this concern was a history code which no problems were present to start diagnosis, the light did return with now being able to diagnose a problem and will make sure you get proper diagnosis. We look forward to providing the best and most accurate service possible

11/16/2018 Category: Service
Na
Na
GUIDO Z., SERVICE MANAGER from Maguire Hyundai responded on 11/19/2018

Thank you for the feedback when you get a minute would you be able to call me at the dealership please. We appreciate your bussiness

10/29/2018 Category: Service
Trying again
Shortly after posted an initial review, I was contacted by the service manager, Guido. He agreed to have the radio looked at in my car. It was determined that a new radio was needed. The radio has been ordered and I am currently waiting to have it installed. I am hopeful that this will resolve issues I have had.

10/29/2018 Category: Service
Convenient location.. but that’s about all
I bought my car at Maguire Hyundai because it was a convenient location. This is the 3rd consecutive Hyundai I have purchased because the cars have been reliable . The purchase of this car was very dissatisfying due to customer service. I believe in having a car serviced at the dealership but go in bracing for poor customer service. Concerns are often brushed aside and it always seems like the service department wants to do the least amount of work. I have an issue with my radio system now but simply didn’t have the strength to bring it up at my last service appointment due to comments received when concerns were raised last time.
GUIDO Z., SERVICE MANAGER from Maguire Hyundai responded on 10/31/2018

We understand your time is valuable.  We appreciate your feedback.”

06/12/2018 Category: Service
High prices
The parts and labor prices are quite high at this dealership. I will be driving an hour from now on to my usual dealership. The customer waiting area at this location needs updating as well.
Cliff B., Service Manager from Maguire Hyundai responded on 06/13/2018

Thank you for your feedback. If you would, please, send me some information regarding pricing where you typically shop! Your oil change only came to $40.91, the State inspection, naturally was only $10, and your air filter was $41.65, which I'm sure was quoted to you as it was an add-on repair and received your approval before installation. I just price matched our local Goodyear and a few other stores, their oil changes cost $49.95. We try our best to be competitive, so please, let me know what your local shops are charging so that I can work on some changes. Thank you!

JI
Jennifer I.
05/16/2018 Category: Service
Tiscon
Go elsewhere
Cliff B., Service Manager from Maguire Hyundai responded on 05/16/2018

I thank you for your feedback! I have spoken to our technicians regarding the multipoint inspections and ensuring that they are completed - these are then supposed to be given to you! I will be speaking with my consultants on the desk to ensure that these are being provided. As well, we are working on the parking issue and making changes so that this is not an issue in the future. We only have so much space, but we can be using that space better than we are. Again, I thank you for your feedback!

CO
Carl O.
2010 Hyundai Santa Fe
03/31/2018 Category: Service
Unpleasant experience
My arrival was anticipated (service coordinator knew to expect me). I was not shown to a waiting area, offered any coffee or vending machines or information as to how to connect to wifi. After 2 hours a man I had never spoken to came to try and update me on my repairs, but knew little about what was to be done. Late in the process the man who wrote my order came and had to ask my name, and then said he'd see what he could lear about status of repairs. I saw him again when work was completed and he was happy to take my payment. The car was soaking wet and still showing dirty water when I took delivery--a complete wash had been promised. In all, I felt ignored and unwelcome.

Jeffrey D.
Cortland, NY
02/10/2018 Category: Service
Routine Oil Change
3 hours wait time for oil change/tire rotation. Your appointments were obviously over booked.
James L., District Manager from Maguire Hyundai responded on 02/12/2018

VW
Valerie W.
12/10/2017 Category: Service
i wish they would have more parts in,
need more parts in stock.
James L., District Manager from Maguire Hyundai responded on 12/14/2017

James L., District Manager from Maguire Hyundai responded on 12/14/2017

Lansing, NY
2017 Hyundai Accent
10/10/2017 Category: Service
ok
service was normal. man was mean at front desk. not happy about us questioning the prices. annoyed
James L., District Manager from Maguire Hyundai responded on 10/11/2017

Thank you for the feedback, we will discuss your concerns with the management team.

09/07/2017 Category: Service
Service Visit
Demeanor of service manager was not pleasant. Despite providing my work phone number, the call to say the vehicle only was made to my home phone....during work hours. Leaving work to pick up the vehicle, I wasn't sure it was ready or not.

Kathi S.
Moravia, NY
2010 Hyundai Santa Fe
02/20/2017 Category: Service
Told one thing to have another thing happen
no this is the second bad experience, I would suggest they not use McGuire at all.
Bob S. from Maguire Hyundai responded on 02/23/2017

Hello Hyundai Santa Fe owner,

I  have left a meesage in hopes you will return my call. I would like to talk to you about your last service with us. I appreciate your 3 star rating. In the future I would like you to deal with me directly to avoid another bad experience. Based on our records you were last here in April of 2014.

Bob Sullivan

2008 Hyundai Elantra
09/01/2016 Category: Service
Late pickups take forever.
Car in for maintenance requiring a late pickup, took 15 minutes before someone would acknowledge me. IF you can't handle late pickups a little faster then tell your customers.
Bob S. from Maguire Hyundai responded on 09/02/2016

Hello Cara,
My name is Bob Sullivan, I am the Service Manager here at Maguire Hyundai. I'm so sorry your daughter felt the way she did. It is a practice that the sales department is to assist service customers in a timely manner. I did speak with the Sales Manager about your daughters feelings. He acknowledge that it shouldn't have happened. He told me he would speak with the sales staff to be more mindful of people in the showroom. Please let your daughter know if she has any questions or concerns she can call me personally. Thank you for time.
Bob Sullivan
Maguire Hyundai

2009 Hyundai Sonata
06/11/2016 Category: Service
So so
Normally they do a good job, but they forgot to do a few things this time.
Chris F. from Maguire Hyundai responded on 06/14/2016

I apologize for your last service visit, please stop in at your convenice and we will be happy to wash and fill the washers for you. I am glad that this is a exception to our service though.please  let us make this right as soon as you can!!
have a great day