Overall Rating 2.0/5Overall Rating 2.0/5rating 2.0rating 2.0rating 2.0

WL
Walter L.
Michigan
03/06/2018 Category: Service
Walter said he was not happy with the fact that this business did not use the spark plugs he purchased at auto zone for $42. They made him pay over $60 for spark plugs be just paid $42 for. Bob told him it should be no issue to install his spark plugs so he set them to the required setting with his feeler gauge. Doug told him he may have damaged the spark plug and used spark plugs they provided instead. He is disappointed that either they do not know how to purchase parts wisely or their mark up is too high.

Trudy M.
01/30/2018
I was disappointed you didn't find nails in my tire on the first try.
I brought my car in because of low tire pressure and ask to have my tires checked. Apparently they were only checked for pressure. There were two nails in one and I had a flat tire which caused me to buy a new tire. I was on the road alone when the flat occurred. Luckily a stranger helped me so I could get to Maplewood.

Arlon S.
GMC Envoy
03/16/2017 Category: Service
Arlon said the business took too long to do the repairs on his vehicle. It took 13 days and he did not know why.
Joe L. from Maplewood Auto Inc responded on 03/20/2017

Thanks for taking my phone call and being willing to listen.  We truly value your trust in us!

DK
David K.
Volkswagen New Beetle
03/05/2017
V W
You guys are great, and easy to work with. However, my bug is in worse shape than when I brought her in. We have oil leaking like crazy. $1,300 later, we have a problem. I'm confident you will correct it.
Joe L. from Maplewood Auto Inc responded on 03/10/2017

I spoke with Dave and he is happy with us and the repair.

Arnie S.
Saab 9-2X
12/19/2016
After following up on a few questions, excellent experience overall.

12/19/2016
Some good, some bad
Not a fast turnaround on getting a vehicle diagnosis for me. And I'm a little disappointed I had to dish out so much for labor when the parts they had replaced previously were still well under warranty. Otherwise,very nice staff.
Joe L. from Maplewood Auto Inc responded on 12/22/2016

Thanks for taking the time to talk to me about the warranty on the pump and why we cant warranty labor for over 67 years.  Have a Merry Christmas!

BV
Brian V.
01/21/2016
Too pricey for the job that was done
I thought it was a great place. I had been there for a repair on a different car and the price was fair. But my recent visit, I went in for a problem I was having with my door not opening from the outside but would open from the inside the vehicle. No new parts were needed for the repair because apparently the latch wasn't pulling a cable, therefore making the door unable to open from the outside. They reattached the cable and made sure it wouldn't happen again. My bill? Nearly $200. ($168 to be exact). I thought that was way too much for taking a door panel off and doing the job that was done. I love their honesty for telling me I didn't need any new parts for my car and was generous enough to check my oil, battery, ect. But really? $168 for labor seems really steep for that kind of job in my personal opinion.
Joe L. from Maplewood Auto Inc responded on 01/26/2016

Hi Brian,
Thanks for taking my call and allowing me to better explain the work performed on your car and the pricing. And thanks for understanding. We appreciate you trusting us with your vehicles.

PD
Phil D.
07/22/2015 Category: Service
Spoke with Thomas. He said the service was very good. However, a competing business offered a muffler for a third of the price.

Don D.
06/23/2013
better luck next time
I had trouble with the car not starting at times. You ended up keeping it for over 2 days. I picked it up Friday an it worked. You told us to just use my key for as few days. Saturday my wife drove it. It started at home but when she tried it start it the next time it would not Start. Finally she tried her key and it worked. I think we still have problem an it my be my key.