Latest Review about 1 year ago

RJ
Rinda J.
02/20/2016
AAlways accomodating
Maz-Tech seems to be able to get my car in whenever I need it. There work is relatively quick and they do a good job.

Rita H.
02/20/2016
Care for customer and work well done.
Technician did a great job in determining the root cause of the electrical problems and then correcting them. Thank you, Charles & Rita Howley

KW
Kellie W.
Volkswagen Jetta
02/10/2016
Great local shop
Took great care of my car in this first visit.

Skip H.
02/06/2016
On Top of Their Game!
This was my second experience at Maz-Tech and just like the first, they were very
professional and thorough every step of the way. Very pleased with their work and the overall experience with Maz-Tech.

Misty G.
Garden City, ID
01/22/2016
Great as always
Quick, courteous, perfect!

Mike B.
11/12/2015
Made me feel Special!
Yesterday Maz Tech offered a free oil change for veterans and I decided to get mine done. They had tables set up with all kinds of goodies. They had coffee and the good creamer, Homemade chili, cheese, crackers, rolls and butter, veggie tray and dip and cookies.
From the time I walked in the door till the time I left, I felt special.
Thank you so much for giving to the veterans.
You have a customer for life in me.

Dan M.
09/28/2015
Thorough service, good communication
I had several serious oil leaks repaired in my older Mazda truck. There has not been a drop of oil on my driveway in the month since the repairs were done. Since the truck is 16 years old it wasn't surprising that some other less immediate issues were identified, some of which I had done and others which are good to be aware of so I can prioritize and take care of them when my budget allows. I felt everything was well-explained so I could make appropriate decisions for my situation. I feel I was treated very fairly and professionally.

VP
Vincent P.
Eagle, ID
07/19/2015
Found the needle in a haystack
I brought my 94 Explorer in for one final shot at finding out what was wrong with it due to car randomly stalling (and after 2 years of replacing various parts with another mechanic). After in depth diagnostics Tony was able to determine that the ECM was bad. The issue, options and costs were laid out in layman's terms and Brad was great at keeping me informed of the progress.

Skip H.
06/09/2015
Quality work and customer service
I had a difficult repair which Maz-Tech handled
extremely well and the customer service was outstanding!

Scott M.
05/15/2015
My Place
Maz-Tech is my Go To Place. They take good care of my car and answer all of my questions!

Mike B.
Buick Riviera
05/14/2015
Too greedy (in my book)
Needed some pretty simple repairs on a basic GM vehicle....idler pulley, new belt, and radiator hoses. They tried to sell me a tensioner pulley as well, which was definitely not needed. Quoted me about $1100. Got the car fixed a couple blocks down the street for $442 instead and the work was excellent. Many places charge a "diagnostic" fee, but then apply it to the repair work if you choose to have them perform the service. Not Maz-tech.....it's $89 PLUS whatever they say needs to be done (apparently even if it DOESN'T need to be done). Friendly and professional, but not recommended.

BL
Bill L.
Acura MDX
04/14/2015
Good service as agreed.
Tony did a great job replacing my engine and Brad kept me informed as to the sttus of the repair.

GM
Gary M.
Chevrolet Corvette
03/30/2015
Dedicated and thorough
I brought my '93 Corvette in for a SYS error and random starting problems. I had them run a diagnostic, and I was very impressed with how thorough Tony was in finding the problem. He went above and beyond in diagnosing, testing, retesting, and recommending what was needed to correct the issue.

Sam M.
Honda Element
03/30/2015
Friendly/helpful
Thank You Maz-Tech! I walked out of your business feeling good about the experience and knowing I'll come back for future services to my vehicles.

Michael M.
Kuna, ID
Toyota Tundra
03/29/2015
Great Service - Can't get any better
Maz-tech takes the time and listens to the customer and genuinely cares about any concerns. This separates Maz-tech from all the others. Honest, dependable, mechanics that care.

Bonnie S.
Mazda Millenia
03/23/2015
personal attention at its best...waiting for my car was comfortable and clean...fair pricing for services
ibid

Lisa M.
Nampa, ID
Hyundai XG350
03/21/2015
women customers
you told me that I needed the ball joints replaced. Took to mechanic today and they said it was fine. You said I needed to flush power steering pump. I had this done four weeks ago. Thank you for alignment. I did buy new tires today and shaking is gone. You also said I needed new brakes. They are not as dire as you claimed.

My husband says you tried to take advantage because I was a woman. I'm disappointed.
Mike M. from Maz-Tech Automotive responded on 03/26/2015

Lisa,

I tried to get in touch with you and left you a message earlier in the week.

I saw the review that you left us. I have also talked to the guys about you.

It was recommended to replace the ball joint with an adjustable one so that the camber on the alignment could be done.  It is adjusted as far as it could go without the adjustable ball joint.  You will wear out the inside edge of your new set of tires just like the ones you took off without having an adjustable ball joint installed.  There is no warranty on the alignment because of this issue.

The brake pads are measured with a tool as is our shop standard for measuring brake pads. We do not guess the thickness.  It was shown that the thinnest points they are at 4mm and 2mm left on the pad.  This is under the minimum spec of 3mm from the manufacture and unsafe.

As far as the power steering fluid goes we have seen in the past when the fluid is excessively dark and burnt it will take 2-3 times of flushing to get it clean throughout the whole system again.  The guys got rid of your sample so without a current sample I will not know where yours is at.

As far as taking advantage of you because you are a women. That could not be further from the truth.  I am a woman and I am the President of this company.  My guys do not do that!  I am proud that they do their best to explain and show women so they understand how their car works and what needs to be done.

Barbi & Mike Marston

Mark R.
Garden City, ID
Cadillac Eldorado
03/21/2015
Ultimate professionals
Friendly, efficient and accommodating staff. Went above and beyond to keep me on my
schedule. Thoroughly explained the how and why of the work they did. Great job. Would not
hesitate to recommend them.

Terin S.
03/18/2015
Fast repairs!
Repairs were super quick, although it ended up costing a bit more than I was planning (diagnostics are just crazy expensive- at every shop not just here) they were very friendly. Steve was great, he kept in contact with me through all the repairs and let me know all my options and how much it was going to be.

David H.
GMC Yukon
03/18/2015
consistent great service
We've been taking our two vehicles to Maz-Tech for several years and service has always been great. They know what they are talking about and make reasonable recommenadations
. I've never felt like they were trying to "upsell" like I usually felt at the dealer.