Christiansburg, VA
Volkswagen Jetta Wagon
05/22/2019
Took to long for inspection sticker
Had an appointment at 1:30pm and they called me at 3:30 that they finally finished then didn’t even put a rejection sticker on my car they put nothing on my car.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 05/23/2019

We were asked to perform a Va State Inspection on the Jetta, it arrived without a sticker on the windshield.  It failed due an exhaust leak.  Unfortunately, it had been rejected by another station and arrived without a sticker on it.  Here is the regulation reference (19VAC30-70-60 para A) therefore we are not allowed to issue a second rejection sticker.

Sincerely,

Hunter H.
Radford, VA
12/30/2017
Not great
My husband also came with Hunter Haynes with my Lexus ES 350 and it was scratched in the front . My husband called and the man wanted to make sure he didn't do it I just bought the car five days before have pictures of before and after so he did do the damage.
Chuck S., Manager from Modern Automotive responded on 01/02/2018

Yes.  Hunter and your husband brought in two vehicles a Lexus & a Chrysler for State Inspections.  The Lexus passed Va. State Inspection (had an out of state temp tag) & the Chrysler failed.  Terry who conducted both inspections worked with Hunter to help him understand what would be needed for the Chrysler to pass Va Inspection, as he indicated he planned to perform the work himself.
There were no issues while on site.  There was nothing done here to cause any damage to either vehicle.  The inspection bay is outfitted with a two post lift and nothing came in contact with the bumper area (where you indicated that the scratches are).  I am sorry that you have a scratch (or scratches) on your car's bumper.  But we did not cause them.
I am not saying we are perfect, we aren't.  But we are honest and if we had damaged your vehicle we would have told you and we would have worked to make it right.