06/23/2019
State inspection failure
When Nancy told me that you had failed her inspection because of her tires, I was ticked off and skeptical, because it was only about a month ago that we had to replace one of her tires. At that time, we looked(not y’all but down here in SC) at replacing all 4 but the other three looked fine. That’s why I asked Nancy to send me photos of the tires. Thank u very much for failing her car and then helping her get the tires as quickly as possible and re-aligning the car so she could drive back down to SC safely!! I could not believe how quickly those tires wore out!!!

Blacksburg, VA
Mitsubishi Endeavor
01/10/2019
The staff is experienced and they let you know of issues with your vehicle. I know they're honest compared to other places I've been to. They also do a good job fixing my vehicle.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 01/10/2019

Thanks, I think?  Would have preferred to hear that we are honest period. (not compared to other people) :-)  Anyway, If you have any issues with anything here please feel free to discuss with Me or Terry.

Sincerely,

XX
Xinfeng X.
Blacksburg, VA
12/03/2018 Category: Service
Xinfeng said the business provides overall good work. He will recommend them to others.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 12/06/2018

Thank you for the review.  Looking forward to taking care of you and your friends.  We will not let you down.  Chuck

LL
Laurie L.
Jeep Liberty
12/02/2018
Helpful, honest
Staff fit me in and were accommodating.

BMW 328is
11/19/2018
Good work
Work was done in a timely manner, and service agents were friendly and helpful. Would recommend this business to a friend. Owner promptly texted after work was done to check to make sure everything was okay. Glad to have this business locally.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 11/20/2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.  They are an important part of sustaining our business locally (especially since we are not on a main road!) and allowing us to continue to provide high level service at a fair price.

Thanks again!

BJ
Bob J.
Nissan Armada
11/15/2018
Customer service
Take the vehicle at it appointment time and finish work in it slotted time. Very good to call if they find any issues so I can make a decisions to fix any problems.
Thanks for services

LD
Lola D.
11/10/2018
Extremely professional & courteous person on other end of the phone: Thomas
I had a fairly major service job performed on my car and was thoroughly informed of what to expect with regard to expenses. I also purchased 4 new tires and received the same. They did choose a set similar to what had been on the vehicle. I imagine they could have recommended something more expensive but chose the more moderate priced set of Cooper tires. I'm satisfied. I was slightly surprised with the confusion when it came to me wanting to keep my old tires. Upon looking at my old tires the next day, I saw only one along side 3 of another brand. Informing "Thomas, " he apologized and asked to make it right, bring the car by which I did. However, I was surprised to see that I was still charged a fee for tire disposal even with me taking my tires away myself. I do like this business. They seem very professional and efficient and for me, very convenient i.e. close to my home.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 11/12/2018

Lola, Sorry the oversight on the tire scrap fee, Thomas is still training and he just missed pulling it back out of the order.  If you drop by the shop we will re-imburse you.

Sincerely,

Leslie M.
Cadillac DeVille
10/27/2018
Staff...
They are very informative and very friendly. My family have been bringing our vehicles there for a long time..

David L.
Honda Civic Si
10/05/2018 Category: Service
David said that he had an inspection done. They will send a text message for a reminder when his vehicle needs to be seen.

Judy B.
Honda Fit
10/02/2018 Category: Service
Judy said she had asked to have her inspection done after the other service was done. He forgot to do the inspection so she had to go back.

VC
Vernon C.
09/21/2018 Category: Service
Vernon said that the place did a really good job.
Chuck S., Manager from Modern Automotive responded on 09/25/2018

Thank you Vernon!

Steven W.
Mitsubishi Eclipse
09/10/2018 Category: Service
Steven said they were quick. , He is having problems with the vehicle that he did not have before he dropped it off with them. The vehicle sat for a year so he thinks it could be as simple as new spark plugs and wires. He is looking into it himself..

Radford, VA
08/25/2018
Reliable service
Always friendly and a place I can trust.

Don M.
Toyota Matrix
07/17/2018
Great Place
Very nice people , fast, and easy to work with

RO
Robert O.
07/06/2018 Category: Service
Robert said he would recommend this business for service.

GM
Grace M.
Cadillac DTS
05/05/2018 Category: Service
Grace said the experience was good, except that the vehicle was not ready when she was told it would be. She had to leave her vehicle at the business for an additional day. The staff were friendly and nice about the issue, but she did not like it.

WC
Whitney C.
Pilot, VA
Toyota Tundra 4WD Truck
05/04/2018 Category: Service
Whitney said the business wasn't a very kid friendly area, and they didn't have a restroom.
Chuck S., Manager from Modern Automotive responded on 05/05/2018

Whitney, Thank you for the feedback and sorry for the confusion.  We do have a restroom for our guests, but it is back in the shop and we have to lead you there.  As far as kid friendly, we have had numerous children in our waiting room without issue.  Admittedly we do no have a dedicated childrens play area, but we do try to accomodate (kids TV channel, etc.).  Thank you again for the feedback.  Chuck

Don M.
Dodge Stratus Sdn
04/30/2018
Easy access and do a quick job.
Very happy with the service received, enjoy having a place so close to our house.
Chuck S., Manager from Modern Automotive responded on 05/01/2018

Thanks Don!

BJ
Bob J.
Nissan Armada
04/19/2018
Bob Jones-2005 Nissan/Armada
Dependable, honest and fair prices
Chuck S., Manager from Modern Automotive responded on 04/20/2018