Dublin, VA
03/16/2020
All around good customer service
Friendly staff, and great customer service. Even if you have to wait during the repair, the wait time is not long. And any question you have, is answered before you leave the shop.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 03/17/2020

First, thank you for the review!  Much appreciated.
Second, We constantly strive to earn 5 stars.  If you would be so kind as to send an e-mail to mymodernautomotive@gmail.com and let me know what should do (or stop doing) that would have made us a 5 star review in your eyes, i would greatly appreciate it!

Chuck Swain, Owner

Steve W.
Chevrolet Suburban
01/18/2020
New Tires for "94 Suburban
I recently obtained tire recommendations and price quotations from several sources for a new set of 4 tires for my '94 Chevy K-1500 Suburban. Thomas at Modern recommended Hankook AT-2s for my diverse needs and interests, and he provided a complete "turn Key " ..." out the door " quote including mount / balance and an alignment . The recommendation was helpful, and pricing was reasonable...especially since they include free tire rotations and they are located just outside of my neighborhood . Modern Automotive provides Shuttle Service which is nice and helpful while you are having work done.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 01/20/2020

Thank you for the review.  Send me a message at mymodernautomotive@gmail.com and let me know what improvement you would like to see to get us up to the 5 star rating.

Thanks!

GB
Greg B.
11/03/2019
Survey Reply
You are nice folks who try and help. Important is that you are addressing the issues and not trying to find and upsell everything with rust on it.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 11/04/2019

Thank you for the review Greg.  Our goal is to allow our guests to know what is going on with their vehicles and enable them to make informed decisions on what to repair or to let it ride.  There is more than enough honest work on the roads.  :-)

Thanks again!

WP
William P.
Radford, VA
10/25/2019
Friendly and Informative
Terry and Thomas are always friendly and informative. I've been going to Modern Auto since 2000, and they have been doing a great job. If issues come up they are willing to fix them. Somewhat disappointed that the water pump that was installed in 2016, only lasted 3 years, hence the 4 stars.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 10/26/2019

Thank you for the kind words.  Sorry that the water pump that was installed February of 2016 failed.  But it was correctly installed.  If the issue had occurred sooner it would have been covered under your warranty.

SA
Steffen A.
10/24/2019
Prompt scheduling of my vehicle
As mentioned, I appreciate quick scheduling of my vehicle
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 10/24/2019

Thank you for the review.  We do strive to provide 5 star service so if there was something we failed to to or could have done better please feel free to e-mail me at mymodernautomotive@gmail.com

Chuck Swain, Owner

GB
Greg B.
09/29/2019
Friendly atmosphere and work was performed well.
Same as Review Title

Radford, VA
Pontiac Fiero
09/19/2019
Knowledgeable
I have an older car that needs a real mechanic who knows what engines are all about. I brought the car in for a specific problem and the mechanic discovered other potential areas that needed attention. Avoided futurel serious problems
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 09/24/2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a very nice review.  Glad we were able to help you out.  If there is something that we did or failed to do to earn a 5 star review please feel free to send me an e-mail at mymodernautomotive@gmail.com and let me know.

NE
Nadine E.
smart fortwo
08/06/2019 Category: Service
Nadine said the service was consistently good.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 08/10/2019

Thank you Nadine!  Appreciate the review.  Feel free to email me at mymodernautomotive@gmail.com and let me know what we failed to do or need to do to earn that fifth star.

Thanks!

Chuck

07/26/2019
There have been a couple of issues with the service to my car, but they were dealt with expeditiously and with friendliness. My concerns were looked into and corrected. I really appreciate that!
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 07/29/2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.  We really appreciate it and we will work to earn the five star review next time!

PM
Peter M.
Ford Expedition
07/09/2019
Understanding
Once again I must have not made myself clear in what I wanted done with my car
When I dropped off
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 07/10/2019

Dr. McDonald, I have spoken with the Service Advisor who took your vehicle in.  When you asked for a State Inspection and a 5k mile service (typically Oil change and Tire Rotation) he mistook your request for the manufacturers service intervals (of 50k and 60K miles) and said you didn't need it yet because you were not at 60k miles yet.  This has now been cleared up on our end.  I am (and he is) sorry for the misunderstanding on terminology.  Won't happen again.

06/23/2019
State inspection failure
When Nancy told me that you had failed her inspection because of her tires, I was ticked off and skeptical, because it was only about a month ago that we had to replace one of her tires. At that time, we looked(not y’all but down here in SC) at replacing all 4 but the other three looked fine. That’s why I asked Nancy to send me photos of the tires. Thank u very much for failing her car and then helping her get the tires as quickly as possible and re-aligning the car so she could drive back down to SC safely!! I could not believe how quickly those tires wore out!!!

Blacksburg, VA
Mitsubishi Endeavor
01/10/2019
The staff is experienced and they let you know of issues with your vehicle. I know they're honest compared to other places I've been to. They also do a good job fixing my vehicle.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 01/10/2019

Thanks, I think?  Would have preferred to hear that we are honest period. (not compared to other people) :-)  Anyway, If you have any issues with anything here please feel free to discuss with Me or Terry.

Chuck

XX
Xinfeng X.
Blacksburg, VA
12/03/2018 Category: Service
Xinfeng said the business provides overall good work. He will recommend them to others.
CHUCK S. from Modern Automotive responded on 12/06/2018

Thank you for the review.  Looking forward to taking care of you and your friends.  We will not let you down.  Chuck

LL
Laurie L.
Jeep Liberty
12/02/2018
Helpful, honest
Staff fit me in and were accommodating.