MARY JANE M.
09/07/2019
They always come through!
I can always count on Penfield to help me out in a pinch. I had a hard time filling up my gas tank. Called Penfield and they got me in right away and helped me get some gas into my car while they ordered the parts I needed. The next day, the parts arrived and they fixed it fast for an incredibly reasonable price. Mike and Bob are always friendly, helpful, and incredibly knowledgeable. I’ve been going to Penfield for well over 10 years and I wouldn’t go anywhere else!

08/15/2019
Great Experience Conaistently
Always careful and attentive service

DAN L.
08/15/2019
2116 Ford Fusion AC not working
I called yesterday morning with a question regarding my Air conditioning that did not work.
I also have auto vehicle service insurance and was not sure if repair would be covered. Staff was very knowledgeable. I was told to come in and all repairs were done beautifully.

EE
ERIC E.
08/07/2019
Nice Guys But Not Sure About Everything Else
These are nice guys and I wanted to avoid going to the Ford dealership for the 30k mile service. Unfortunately, I did not do my homework. My bad and I paid a very high price! The 30K mile service at Penfield Service Center cost me an astounding $962.00! So in the last week I have been inquiring at Ford dealerships and checking around the internet for what others are paying for this service. No Ford dealer of the three I called quoted me more than $250 all in and one quoted me $150. All told me the 30K service was not a major service as it is mostly just checking fluid levels, changing oil, etc. I am still in shock over the cost. To add salt to my wound, they have not yet finished the job 3 weeks later. They intended to change the differential fluid and to do that a plug needs to be removed, which is often damaged when removed. They did not have a plug in stock so asked me to return the following Saturday, the part was to be in Tuesday. I went the next Saturday and the part was not in yet. Went back the following Saturday and left the car for 2 hours and wondered around downtown Fairfield, on foot, killing time. I was told the car would take about 1 to 1.5 hours. When I returned to pick up the car, was told they could not complete the job as it would take too long. No call was made when they discovered they could not complete the work so I could come pick up the car sooner. I wasted 2 hours for nothing. It would have been nice to have been called so I could have done something more productive with my morning. I am supposed to drop my car off for tomorrow for the job to completed. This week, 2 more issues have come up. My windshield washer fluid reservoir is completely empty today. For $962.00 they did not refill the washer fluid? This is very basic minimum service level stuff here! The other day the air in my front left tire was low. If they had rotated the tires and checked the air, which should have been done, this tire should not have been low. There is no leak in the tire. My tires are new and only have 6k miles on them. For $962, I should not be finding low fluid levels and low air in tires. It just should not be! This just makes me question what else was NOT done. I am trying to find an auto repair shop that I can trust and rely on and use for all three of our cars. I want to use and trust these guys, but I am just not sure. This has not been the experience I had hoped for. The jury is still out.
Bob T., OWNER from Penfield Service Center responded on 08/08/2019

I can understand your review points as this service due to our care of the result is being misconstrued. Lets start with bullet point #1 - the rear diff service. We did not want to attempt to remove something seized in a difficult spot to reach and take your car out of service witout the proper replacement drain plug. Keep in mind , this a maintenance not an unscheduled repair so we do not incovenience you by disabling your vehicle. We are at the mercy of the dealer when it comes to certain parts so I cannot help the fact it arrived the day you were closing on your new home. Congrats on your home! #2 all major service were completed up to that point and if we did not care enough, we could have "ignored the rear diff" and handed you the keys. But we are more than thorough as the aforementioned in this paragah suggests. The service was not complete, as WASHER fluid and details of service were to be complete WHEN the car service was completely finished.
#3 We now have EXTRA work to do as we cannot just access this plug without removal othe major components to gain access to service the stuck fill plug in the rear differential. Saturday's attempt to "sneak" it out did not work- again we did not disable the vehicle.
#4 I am the judge and the jury as video in this shop shows all major service being performed. Final care of air pressure and washer fluids will be rechecked prior to the vehicle service completion today.
  Most of all we appreciate the feedback, but mostly we want you to understand the measures taken exhibit more care than negligence as you would suggest. You have found the correct shop as 5500 other annual customers and being a AAA repair facility would suggest our integrity. Feel free to discuss when you pick up your car today!

PENFIELD SERVICE CENTER
BOB TREZ

JIM M.
08/07/2019
Honda
Great people there and honest!

AD
ANABELLA D.
07/14/2019
Great mechanic and great service
I had Saturday weekend emergency situation with a failing water pump. Bob went out of his way to help me out and to finish the job on that same Saturday. He drove me to work in the morning when I dropped off my car and was reassuring that all will go well. I always know that their work is trustworthy and timely and that I can count on Bob and the Team at Penfield Service Center.
Thank you for taking such great care of me.

07/06/2019
The best!!
Always a first rate experience

DE
DAVE E.
05/21/2019
Unbelievably good job
Be smart and use Penfield for your servicing needs. These pros are always in class staying ahead of the curve.

05/10/2019
Outstanding Professional Service
I visited Penfield SC this week with my 2017 Acura MDX and it was another satisfying experience. Bob Trez & his team serviced my vehicle promptly on what was a very busy day at the shop. The Penfield SC team is always looking to please their clientele and separate themselves from the pack by staying up to date with the latest technology. Bob & his team attend classes regularly each month, and this is why they are referred business that other shops cannot handle. I would much rather bring my Acura MDX to Penfield SC than the dealership service department because I know that I will receive excellent, reliable service at a fair price. I would highly recommend that everyone have their vehicles serviced at Penfield SC, and I can assure you that it will be time and money well spent.

SARA S.
Chevrolet Traverse
04/29/2019
Battery died in my car. Mike and team squeezed me in in a Saturday and were happy to do so! Always a pleasant experience and always fair prices and honest recommendations.

PB
PAUL B.
Honda Accord Coupe
03/22/2019
Penfield Service Center - Comfort Food for Car Care
A neighborhood go-to place for getting your ride ready for the next 5,000 (or more) miles. No cappuccino machine or massage chairs in the waiting area, just friendly, fast and reliable service. We’ve been trusting the guys at Penfield with our cars for about as long as they have been open and never thought about going anywhere else.

03/17/2019
Excellent Service!
Bob Trez and the team at Penfield SC have been servicing my vehicles since 1989 when Bob worked at Goodyear across the street. My 1998 Nissan Altima has over 200,000 miles on it and this is because the Penfield SC team keeps it in top shape with routine maintenance and whatever else it needs to stay “road ready.” Penfield SC is the only place that will service my vehicles, and you should have your vehicles serviced there as well.

03/03/2019
Always Great Service
As always I never worry when I have a car issue, Penfield Service is always helpful and knowledgeable and reasonably priced

AN
ALLEN N.
Buick LaCrosse
02/23/2019
11111

JENNIFER B.
02/20/2019
friendly customer service
the employees at Penfield take the time to make sure you understand about the maintenance that is being performed on your car and will answer any questions that you might have

JV
JERMEY V.
INFINITI M37
01/24/2019
Stayed for the conversation
Great guys and feedback as to options

VS
Victor S.
Wakefield, MA
01/17/2019
Just the best!
Leaving Boston headed to Miami, my rear caliper froze at at rest stop in CT after midnight. Googled AAA and Penfield Service Center was highly rated and 2 miles away. We were there at 6:45 a.m. and they took us right in. More importantly, they made us weary travelers feel welcomed and comfortable. The work was done professional and in a very timely manner for a very fair price. Glad I was lick enough to break down near such a reputable repair facility!

AD
ANABELLA D.
01/16/2019
Great service and communication
Just had a 90.000 Maintenance tuneup for my 2008 Lexus RX350.
Great work, trustworthy and on time.
Bob and the Team will guide you so as to what needs to be done and what can wait awhile longer.
Highly recommend them!

12/23/2018
Excellent, Courteous Service & Attention to Detail!
I have know Bob Trez, owner of Penfield SC, for nearly 30 years. His team services all of my vehicles, and I always leave the shop satisfied. My Acura MDX is now road ready for my annual trip to Florida, and I am confident that I will not have any issues because of the attention to detail that the technicians provided while servicing my vehicle. I have referred many friends and associates to Penfield SC for their vehicle servicing needs over three decades, and would highly recommend that those reading this review consider them as well.

EC
EDWARD C.
Chevrolet S-10
12/17/2018
Great servie people that know there stuff
As always fast and great service.