JONATHON G.
07/06/2019
Dissatisfied
My issue is when I am told that the estimate will take about an hour and when I call 3 hours later it is still not done. Time is money and precious. When I called 2 hours in, I was told that it was almost ready when really I had passed by the shop and saw that my car was still parked where I left it. It took 4 hrs for an estimate. Then I had to pay 70 dollars which was not expressed to me up front when I dropped off car. Prices should be discussed up front and not after service has been given. There are plenty of mechanics shops that would have given a free estimate.
Carl J., GM from Performance Auto and Trans responded on 07/08/2019

Yes, there are plenty of mechanics shops that give estimates. I explained to you that there is a $70.00 diag fee and it will be applied against the labor or parts. If you so desire our facility to do the work. If not. Then the $70.00 is good for 30 days for any additional work if need. That is your choice. It was explained by me, Carl Johnson. We wish we could get every vehicle in our shop as fast as possible. We take first come when vehicles arrive. We strive to make each and every visit pleasurable. We can not and don't drop all we are doing to examine one vehicle. We, like all have waiting periods before a vehicle can be checked out for an estimate. Sorry we didn't get to you right away. Thank you, Carl Johnson

GH
GUILLERMO H.
Toyota Tundra 4WD Truck
04/17/2019
Misquoted
We were quoted one price for a long list of items to be fixed. Then once at the shop they wanted an additional $1,600 to replace one part, the part was $400 and the labor was an austounding $1,200 for an hour worth of work. When we received the truck back it still had a check engine light on and the brakes had not been fixed. Unfortunately they missed the mark with this one. Disappointed to say the least, they had done good work on prior projects.
Carl J., GM from Performance Auto and Trans responded on 04/18/2019

Mr. G. Your vehicle was towed in to our facality. Reason being  is the engine was sludged up and we preformed an ENGINE FLUSH with BG Products to clear all oil passages and rid your engine of poor mantanance due to over extended mileage on oil changes. Please read your receipt #72121. You did leave with a brake booster problem, but you did not return and this is the first I have heard of this. I'll take the two stars. Thank you and have a safe day. Carl Johnson

BT
BRIAN T.
Nissan JUKE
03/14/2019
Rating is no Accurate
I took my vehicle in to get a lower control arm fixed and was told my vehicle would be diagnosed before doing any work. After the control arm was fixed I picked it up only to hear scraping while driving. Had to take it back the next day and then was told something else was wrong, which I would think you’d find during the diagnostic. Now have to spend more money at another shop. Their kindness was acceptable just not their work.
Carl J., GM from Performance Auto and Trans responded on 03/14/2019

Thank you and so sorry. You came to Performance and asked me. Carl. What would be the price on a lower control arm that was damaged from hitting a median.  You said nothing more and we did as you asked. The scrap, was a dust shield on the rotor which was taken care of. AS far as the inner tie rod being bent? You aked not for diag. . Just the control arm. You were in and out in less than a day. I quoted you and being it's your vehicle you have a chocie of many shops. We thank you, but you should have asked more. I'll take the hit. Again. Thank you and be safe. Carl Johnson

GG
Garfield G.
02/22/2019 Category: Service
Garfield said that he took his vehicle to the facility on a recommendation, there was a mix up regarding the delivery of the vehicle and when he was attempting to get details straight on the phone he was handled very rudely. He paid for the services and will not return because of his treatment by that individual.
Carl J., GM from Performance Auto and Trans responded on 02/25/2019

I don't understand your comment. We diagnoised your vehcile as requested. Possibly your upset for having to pay storage fee for leaving your vehicle and for serveral months. We try hard to please and our concern is you and your vehicle. Have a safe day. Carl Johnson2

LP
Lesley P.
Mitsubishi Montero
01/10/2019 Category: Service
Lesley said the person in the front office at this business stressed her out, not the mechanics, they were fine.
Carl J., GM from Performance Auto and Trans responded on 01/14/2019

Thank you for the review. He didn't mean to stress you out, he is try his best and he is learning the system. I apologize and hope to make you feel more comfortable on your next visit. Thank you very much and have a safe day. Carl johnson

JJ
JAMES J.
Mercury Cougar
09/23/2018
Still needs work... Poor Quality Control
Just got the vehicle back from shop after a long repair cycle. The vehicle runs pretty good. Took it out Sunday morning and went to gas station to fill up tank with fuel... wound up leaving about two or more gallons of gas on pavement at fuel pumps. It appears that someone neglected to replace fuel line clamps - or something in the fuel line. Not good. Not a happy camper. Had to push vehicle away from pumps so as to not blow up the local fuel station. Once clear of the pumps, took a chance and started vehicle and drove it back to Performance Automotive, while fuel still flowing out of fuel lines under vehicle.
Ummm... this needs to be repaired.

JJ
JESSICA J.
Land Rover Freelander
07/05/2016
Not happy
I had to bring my vehicle back.,,,.
Carl J., GM from Performance Auto and Trans responded on 07/06/2016

Vehicle did return due to lack of power.  We were requested by the customer to replace the transmission and nothing further.  The vehicle has misfire problems; which the customer declined to have any further inspection done on the engine. Carl Johnson/GM

Juan Carlos R.
Mercedes-Benz GLK350
04/27/2016 Category: Service
Juan said his engine light came on after the visit at this business and they told him he has to bring it back to have it taken care of.

John H.
Pipe Creek, TX
Ford Crown Victoria
10/16/2014 Category: Service
John said he had called ahead and told them what kind of oil his vehicle takes. They were out of stock, so they ordered it. While the mechanic was servicing his vehicle, he noticed he put the wrong oil in. He had ran it with the wrong oil in it, so he stopped him. The mechanic was supposed to use synthetic oil, but instead used regular oil.

Daniel R.
05/13/2014 Category: Service
Daniel said when they put in the plug for the oil, they didn't screw it in right, so it was leaking. He does not plan to return to the business. He won't recommend this business, but chose not to elaborate.

IR
Isael R.
12/27/2012 Category: Service
Isael said he requested a diagnostic to be done on the whole vehicle. After the test was done the business was not able to tell him about some obvious problems with the vehicle. He would not recommend this business to others based on the results of the test.