Overall Rating 4.4444456/5Overall Rating 4.4444456/5Overall Rating 4.4444456/5Overall Rating 4.4444456/5rating 4.4444456
Overall Rating 2.66667/5Overall Rating 2.66667/5rating 2.66667rating 2.66667rating 2.66667

JO
James O.
Campbell Hall, NY
01/08/2019 Category: Service
Charged for problem that probably didn't exist.
Charged 800.00 for a part so car could pass inspection, because of check engine light. A smoke test was supposedly done. 5 days after paying 1800.00 for work on car just to pass inspection. Check engine light back on. Big misdiagnosis!
Jeffrey D. from Prestige Hyundai responded on 01/09/2019

James,
Please give me a call in reference to the check engine light coming back on and see what we can do about getting the car back here to see whats going on with the check engine light and see if we can get this issue taken care of. I would suggest calling and speaking directly with me at ext. 265 or Eric our Service Director at ext. 212. Thank you.

(845) 339-3313 jdecker@prestigeofkingston.com

Saugerties, NY
11/28/2018 Category: Service
slow service
I did not receive an explanation regarding the length of time the computer recall update would take. I was expecting 1hr or less to sit and wait. When I became inpatient, I had to seek out information. I felt pushed off
Jeffrey D. from Prestige Hyundai responded on 11/29/2018

Sorry to hear that you were dis-satisfied with our service. After looking into your paper work your time stamp show that you were here just over 2.1 hours In which we were having technical difficulties with the computer update which I was assisting the technician with. This is not how we normally operate here I personally try to go above and beyond for every customer. This time of year it becomes overwhelmingly busy as I’m sure you could see the day you were here and we try our best to meet everyone’s expectations.

(845) 339-3313 jdecker@prestigeofkingston.com

Hurley, NY
2017 Hyundai Azera
12/16/2017 Category: Service
YEAH RIGHT
You said it was fixed. YEAH RIGHT! How about returning my call?
Jeffrey D. from Prestige Hyundai responded on 12/19/2017

Your appointment is set up for 12/26 at 9:30 and we will take another look at what is going on with the usb port.  Enjoy your holidays and we will see you next week.

Lia S.
Hurley, NY
2007 Hyundai Accent
11/30/2017 Category: Service
Ridiculous prices compounded by incompetent service and lies!
I and my family will never darken their door again.
Jeffrey D. from Prestige Hyundai responded on 11/30/2017

Our offer still stands for helping for the replacement of the mirror.

CD
Christine D.
Schenectady, NY
08/31/2017 Category: Service
Peter Dean's customer service is lacking.
No, not a warm fuzzy feeling in that place.
Jeffrey D. from Prestige Hyundai responded on 08/31/2017

I thank you for your response. We strive to have a professional, and courteous staff  to ensure positive and efficient visits. In regards to the cooling system there are many componets the work together for proper cooling of the car and without proper diagnosis there is no way to really know what is causing the over heating. the delay in getting parts all depends which warehouse the part would be coming from. somtimes take longer thant others to ship here. done I would suggest calling and speaking with me directly at ext. 265 or on Mondays our Service Director at ext. 212 to see how we can remediate the issue. Thank you.

2015 Hyundai Veloster
08/12/2017 Category: Service
issues not repaired
Issues not corrected.
Jeffrey D. from Prestige Hyundai responded on 08/12/2017

I thank you for your response. We strive to have a professional, and courteous staff  to ensure positive and efficient visits. If you have not already called our service department to discuss bringing the car back in to see what else can be done I would suggest calling and speaking directly with our Service Advisor at ext. 265 or on Mondays our Service Director at ext. 212 to see how we can remediate the issue. Thank you.

WL

Freehold, NY
2009 Hyundai Veracruz
01/15/2017 Category: Service
Still not repaired properly
Vehicle still not fixed regarding the issue it was there for
Jeffrey D. from Prestige Hyundai responded on 01/17/2017

Cairo, NY
2009 Hyundai Santa Fe
01/13/2017 Category: Service
Terrible Service
I was not informed of needed repairs. I left the shop and broke down on the way home becuase of being misinformed about my vehicle. When I returned the next day to have the problem they created fixed, they claimed that I was told about the issue and refused the repairs. I was never informed. I am completely dissatisfied with the service.
Jeffrey D. from Prestige Hyundai responded on 01/14/2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. Our staff does strive to be helpful and friendly at all times. I will pass your comments on to my Parts & Service Director. At this time I will bring up your comments to him. Thank you once again for your time

Earlton, NY
2012 Hyundai Elantra
12/15/2016 Category: Service
Poor service
I felt like as a customer, the service area could have cared less. When I was told that my message was deleted and that the staff "threw out" my information which needed to be recorded, that did it.
Jeffrey D. from Prestige Hyundai responded on 12/15/2016

Thank you for taking the time to respond. We are sincerely sorry for the complete mix up in getting your mileage done. We do take your comments seriously and we will make adjustments to try to prevent this from happening in the future.  All the paperwork was submitted to Hyundai and will be processed by them. Please contact me if you have any further concerns.

Beverly B.
2013 Hyundai Elantra Gt
10/04/2016 Category: Service
No Hyundai service on Mondays!
My 2013 Elantra GT would not start on Sat. 9/24. Had AAA tow it to Prestige only to find out Monday morning they do not service Hyundai on Mondays...
Jeffrey D. from Prestige Hyundai responded on 10/04/2016

I thank you for your response. We strive to have a professional, and courteous staff to ensure positive and efficient visits. unfortunately we are closed on mondays to allow us to be open all day on saturdays, We do routine maintenenace on mondays but all warranty repair work must be done on our regular schedule. I apolgize for this inconvience. If you have and questions you can reach me directly at ext. 265 or on Mondays our Service Director at ext. 212 to see how we can remediate the issue. Thank you.

FL
Frank L.
Milton, NY
2013 Hyundai Accent
08/20/2016 Category: Service
Nothing
Poor communication
HEIDI L B., Service Coordinator from Prestige Hyundai responded on 08/20/2016

I apologize for the inaccuracy. We have communicated with Hyundai regarding the information they had for you as they send out the surveys. The information they had was changed to have your son listed as the account holder and your name removed. The email they had was removed. Thank you for taking the time to respond and once again I do apologize.

Heidi Brodhead

05/31/2016 Category: Service
Treated like a fool!
Total ripoffs!
HEIDI L B., Service Coordinator from Prestige Hyundai responded on 06/01/2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. Our staff does strive to be helpful and friendly at all times. I will pass your comments on to my Parts & Service Director. At this time I will bring up your comments to him to follow up with you.

Heidi Brodhead
Service Coordinator
hbrodhead@prestigeofkingston.com

11/07/2014 Category: Service
Appointment doesn't matter if you're not there and your vehicle is
I made an appointment and had my car towed in an hour prior. I called 5 hours past my appointment time and they still had not looked at my car. They called me just before closing to ask if I'd be there before they closed to pick it up and to tell me it was ready. It was such a horrible inconvenience since I could only get a ride in earlier in the day. Horrible.

LV
LEONARD V.
Red Hook, NY
2014 Hyundai Accent
10/04/2014 Category: Service
Cheat
Shame on you for charging illegal fees to people who rent cars from your dealership.

RT
Robert T.
Germantown, NY
2011 Hyundai Accent
11/24/2018 Category: Service
Watch their pricing
$19 to replace a marker light($3 at Autozone + 5 minutes time), $99 to replace a cabin filter ($8 at AZ + 5 minutes). They used to store and swap out snow tires free- now they want $40 to do that since they need to be "balanced" (mine were all mounted on their own rims- but I still got charged).

Now $40 to store and mount snow tires is not bad in and of itself, since they also check out your car and hand you a report. But that report is also business for them- like charging $99 for a simple filter change- way out of bounds.

On the plus side - the place is very pleasant and professional. It feels more like a doctor's office than a repair shop. Most pricing is reasonable. But do your own research. Check the web on any repair first.
Check for possible rocks in the road ahead, for Hyundai's can have intensely nasty quirks at 80-90k. You might suddenly find your ignition key cylinder won't turn, or your hood latch suddenly fails on the coldest day of the year. Although not official recall items, they are known issues and are much cheaper to replace ahead of time rather than fix later, particularly since the latch issue on some models is a dual cable design, which unlike Kia's that use the same system- leaves no access to a mechanic working underneath the vehicle. In other words- smash the grill.

BTW- I still recommend them, mostly because there are few alternatives.
Jeffrey D. from Prestige Hyundai responded on 11/24/2018

I thank you for your response. We strive to have a professional, and courteous staff  to ensure positive and efficient visits. If you have not already called our service department to discuss  to see what else can be done I would suggest calling and speaking directly with our Service Advisor at ext. 265 or on Mondays our Service Director at ext. 212 to see how we can remediate the issue. Thank you.

Jeff Decker Service Manager Prestige Hyundai of Kingston (845) 339-3313 jdecker@prestigeofkingston.com

Michael M.
2018 Hyundai Elantra Gt
10/11/2018 Category: Service
Needs work
Dealer should do a complete inspection before hand over your car .my auto start did not work.had the car 2 day in the shop 3 day
Jeffrey D. from Prestige Hyundai responded on 10/12/2018

I do apologize for the inconvience you had when you picked up your new elantra. I hope you were satisfied with our service department in getting your car fixed and back to you. Our service department works very hard to make your Service experience as best as possible. Im sorry to here that you scored our service department at a 2 star rating and hopefully we will get a chance to show you how our service department truly works.

EB
Emily B.
Saugerties, NY
06/26/2017 Category: Service
Recall issue
My 2016 Tucson has had a few recalls for an issue with the gas pedal ( transmission maybe?) ice brought My car in several times to have his issues rectified and it is still not fixed.
Jeffrey D. from Prestige Hyundai responded on 06/26/2017

RF
Robert F.
Catskill, NY
05/26/2017 Category: Service
You wastes my time!
Casual attitude towards the dealer being unprepared to complete my recall issues was unacceptable in my opinion. They are at work getting paid and have the nerve to act like it's no big deal for me to take off work for a second appointment that was only necessary because the dealer lied and stated they would be able to handle all 3 issues i had when I made the appointment a week in advance. Ridiculous!
Jeffrey D. from Prestige Hyundai responded on 05/27/2017

Ronald M.
Palenville, NY
01/24/2017 Category: Service
ugh
ugh
Jeffrey D. from Prestige Hyundai responded on 01/25/2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I will pass your comments on to my Parts & Service Director. Thank you once again for your time. And thank you for your continued business. We look forward to being able to serve you on your next scheduled visit.