Overall Rating 4.4444456/5Overall Rating 4.4444456/5Overall Rating 4.4444456/5Overall Rating 4.4444456/5rating 4.4444456
Overall Rating 2.66667/5Overall Rating 2.66667/5rating 2.66667rating 2.66667rating 2.66667

RT
Robert T.
Germantown, NY
2011 Hyundai Accent
11/24/2018 Category: Service
Watch their pricing
$19 to replace a marker light($3 at Autozone + 5 minutes time), $99 to replace a cabin filter ($8 at AZ + 5 minutes). They used to store and swap out snow tires free- now they want $40 to do that since they need to be "balanced" (mine were all mounted on their own rims- but I still got charged).

Now $40 to store and mount snow tires is not bad in and of itself, since they also check out your car and hand you a report. But that report is also business for them- like charging $99 for a simple filter change- way out of bounds.

On the plus side - the place is very pleasant and professional. It feels more like a doctor's office than a repair shop. Most pricing is reasonable. But do your own research. Check the web on any repair first.
Check for possible rocks in the road ahead, for Hyundai's can have intensely nasty quirks at 80-90k. You might suddenly find your ignition key cylinder won't turn, or your hood latch suddenly fails on the coldest day of the year. Although not official recall items, they are known issues and are much cheaper to replace ahead of time rather than fix later, particularly since the latch issue on some models is a dual cable design, which unlike Kia's that use the same system- leaves no access to a mechanic working underneath the vehicle. In other words- smash the grill.

BTW- I still recommend them, mostly because there are few alternatives.
Jeffrey D. from Prestige Hyundai responded on 11/24/2018

I thank you for your response. We strive to have a professional, and courteous staff  to ensure positive and efficient visits. If you have not already called our service department to discuss  to see what else can be done I would suggest calling and speaking directly with our Service Advisor at ext. 265 or on Mondays our Service Director at ext. 212 to see how we can remediate the issue. Thank you.

Jeff Decker Service Manager Prestige Hyundai of Kingston (845) 339-3313 jdecker@prestigeofkingston.com

Michael M.
2018 Hyundai Elantra Gt
10/11/2018 Category: Service
Needs work
Dealer should do a complete inspection before hand over your car .my auto start did not work.had the car 2 day in the shop 3 day
Jeffrey D. from Prestige Hyundai responded on 10/12/2018

I do apologize for the inconvience you had when you picked up your new elantra. I hope you were satisfied with our service department in getting your car fixed and back to you. Our service department works very hard to make your Service experience as best as possible. Im sorry to here that you scored our service department at a 2 star rating and hopefully we will get a chance to show you how our service department truly works.

EB
Emily B.
Saugerties, NY
06/26/2017 Category: Service
Recall issue
My 2016 Tucson has had a few recalls for an issue with the gas pedal ( transmission maybe?) ice brought My car in several times to have his issues rectified and it is still not fixed.
Jeffrey D. from Prestige Hyundai responded on 06/26/2017

I thank you for your response. We strive to have a professional, and courteous staff  to ensure positive and efficient visits. If you have not already called our service department to discuss bringing the car back in to see what else can be done I would suggest calling and speaking directly with our Service Advisor at ext. 265 or on Mondays our Service Director at ext. 212 to see how we can remediate the issue. Thank you.

RF
Robert F.
Catskill, NY
05/26/2017 Category: Service
You wastes my time!
Casual attitude towards the dealer being unprepared to complete my recall issues was unacceptable in my opinion. They are at work getting paid and have the nerve to act like it's no big deal for me to take off work for a second appointment that was only necessary because the dealer lied and stated they would be able to handle all 3 issues i had when I made the appointment a week in advance. Ridiculous!
Jeffrey D. from Prestige Hyundai responded on 05/27/2017

Ronald M.
Palenville, NY
01/24/2017 Category: Service
ugh
ugh
Jeffrey D. from Prestige Hyundai responded on 01/25/2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I will pass your comments on to my Parts & Service Director. Thank you once again for your time. And thank you for your continued business. We look forward to being able to serve you on your next scheduled visit.

Big Indian, NY
2012 Hyundai Elantra
01/17/2017 Category: Service
Friendly workers
Work seems to take longer both times the car was brought in.
Jeffrey D. from Prestige Hyundai responded on 01/17/2017

I thank you for your response. We strive to have a professional and courteous staff to ensure positive and efficient visits. If you have not already called our service department to discuss what we can do to improve our service I would suggest calling and speaking directly with our Service Advisor Jeff at ext. 265 or Eric our Service Director at ext. 212. Thank you.

2014 Hyundai Elantra
10/25/2016 Category: Service
well it takes a bit to get it done right....it took 3x's to get my last service visit completed. Jeff finally took over and got it done correctly.
It takes a bit to get it all done right
Jeffrey D. from Prestige Hyundai responded on 10/26/2016

Thank you for taking the time to respond. We are sincerely sorry for the delay in getting your work done.  We do strive to have a professional, and courteous staff to ensure positive and efficient visits.  Our customers and our reputation are important to us.

Woodstock, NY
08/10/2016 Category: Service
Not good
Not good
HEIDI L B., Service Coordinator from Prestige Hyundai responded on 08/13/2016

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I have looked at your file and I see that your original call for the Recall was prior to the release of parts. An Interim or preliminary notice was sent from Hyundai notifying you of the recall but that no remedy was yet available. I do understand that these notices can be confusing and I apologize for that. Following that there was a limited number of parts sent to us and therefore a waiting list was created and we were calling customers back to schedule appointments.
I see no reason for our technicians to remove your sticker as no service was done. I’m sorry it was no longer in your window for whatever reason that it came loose. Had the service been performed here previously we would have been happy to replace it for you in order to help keep your services on track.
I thank you again for your response. We do strive to have a professional, and courteous staff to ensure positive and efficient visits. Our customers and our reputation are important to us.

NR
Norman R.
Margaretville, NY
2012 Hyundai Accent
07/06/2016 Category: Service
Horizontally and vertically well intergrated and responsive to service requests
I came to Service with a cloudy headlight plastic cover. Jeff told me that it was not covered by the warranty, and that I should speak to someone in Sales. I sent an email, and the next morning, Jeff called and told me that the plastic cover had been ordered. I was impressed how quickly, different people in different departments worked together to resolve the issue. Thanks.

07/06/2016 Category: Service
Geat: courtesy and respect.
Not so great: communication between parts and service, and attention given by Sales post sale.
Geat: courtesy and respect.
HEIDI L B., Service Coordinator from Prestige Hyundai responded on 07/07/2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I am glad you were able to speak with our Service Manager regarding the issue. Please let us know how we can do to improve our service! We look forward to being able to serve you on your next scheduled visit.

06/06/2016 Category: Service
customer service and being treated as a valued customer
I'm hopeful future visits will be more successful
HEIDI L B., Service Coordinator from Prestige Hyundai responded on 06/09/2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. Our staff does strive to be helpful and friendly at all times. I apologize that it seems your repairs were delayed as part of our recent personnel change pertaining to Hyundai. I have passed your comments on to my Parts & Service Director regarding this. We look forward to being able to serve you on your next scheduled visit.

Mariana D.
2013 HYUNDAI SANTA FE
08/11/2015 Category: Service
Rude Service Advisors
I've had my Santa Fe for 2.5 years now and I've yet to have a pleasant experience when I bring the car in for maintenance/service. The advisors are always so rude and seem less than interested in hearing my concerns about the car. I honestly considered not buying out my lease at the end because of this issue alone. I love my car and this is a shame, because customer service means a lot in my household and it definitely dictates where we bring our business.
HEIDI L B., Service Coordinator from Prestige Hyundai responded on 08/13/2015

Mariana,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your business and your detailed feedback. I’m sorry for the problems you experienced with the service you have received. I did ask my Hyundai Service Manager to contact you to try and get more information. He was however unsucessful in reaching you but did leave a message. I will pass this review along to our Parts & Service Director. He is at the moment on vacation, but I will be sure he looks into this as soon as he returns. I do apologize for the way you were made to feel at our dealership and hope our management can speak to you to clarify where we can look to correct for any future visits as well as other customers.  If you have any concerns in the future, please feel free to call.

KC
KATHLEEN C.
Beacon, NY
07/28/2014 Category: Service
just like all the other dealers
i brought my car here because they used to be different and it was worth the drive. My car was diagnosed by my hometown mechanic but the problem was covered by warranty. so I made an appointment stating the problem, and took a half day off at work. I drove over an hour and all they did was tell me that indeed that was the problem. Okay I knew that already. then they made me make a separate appointment to fix it , loosing yet another day at work. Oh and they don't stock wheel bearings ( what???) oh and they need 3 hours to fix wheel bearings (what you need is better mechanics!) this was a terrible ordeal and I would never come here again !And while we are at it stop asking us to drive around the building to exit if it is a one way if there is going to be a truck blocking it every time. Oh and when you need to move something off the floor to move the seat back don't throw it around. be respectful of other peoples property