JJ
Jasmin J.
03/11/2020
My originally review still stands
I absolutely was NOT GIVEN AN ESTIMATE for the work done in 2019. I had absolutely NO idea what the tune up would cost at all. I only agreed to the turn up because Avi had me under the impression that he could not pinpoint anything else that could have been causing the check engine light to be on.

How could I contest a charge for work that was already done? I was in shock—that was more than an entire month’s pay. At the time I was embarrassed that I had not asked—lesson learned. Now, I realize a mechanic should give an estimate before doing work—this is why I feel I was taken advantage of.

I’d also like to clear up: I said “I want to get an estimate so that I can figure out *whether to sell it as is” as an effort to clearly communicate that I was still considering all options, including getting it fixed. Your response and tone was RUDE. A spade is a spade.

Did not get an apology during your follow up call after I left my initial review, however I guess it was easier to give in writing. Thanks for calling to try to clear it up. Still would’ve have appreciated an estimate in 2019 and some understanding in 2020.

A Rip Off, Rude and Dishonest
Brought my car here for a check engine light, issues with starting, and power/acceleration in May 2019. Dropped $2500 (!!) (they did not give me an estimate, I'm new to all of this and had heard they were honest people so i did not know better) on diagnostics and repairs only for my check engine light to be back on in THREE MONTHS (Aug 2019). Now, (Mar 2020) I finally somewhat have the money to start getting repairs. I call for an estimate and the owner, Avi, is a complete asshole about me calling for an estimate on getting one particular part replaced. I will never return. You literally steal my money and now i come back trying to be a more informed customer and you're disgustingly rude? Nope.

Jasmis,
First , I am surprised at your rudness and name calling, especially from an educated young lady. There is no room for this type of behavior in the professional world.
Secondly, here is some historical data about your experience with us here at RFAB that is correct and not exactly as you described it. You first came in on 3/2019 for a quick oil change, as I recall you were very happy with our services. You came back in on 5/2019 with many issues: brake noise, bad motor mounts, hard start, rough running, cracked windshield, check engine light on,among others. We discussed the repairs needed after we preformed the diagnosis and you were given an estimate. It is and always has been our practice to get approval on repairs needed after the diagnosis is completed. There is no way that we did $2500.00 worth of repairs without your approval. For the $2500.00 many items were repired/replaced including: front brake pads and rotors, all 3 broken motor mounts, cam/cranck sensor, wiper blades, 120k mile service with a complete tune up, all the filters, and all the fluids flushed, reset cel also among other maintenance items. When the car left here, it was running great and we also told you that the windshield is cracked, and turn signal assembly was bad. Overall, the car was very poorly maintained prior to all our services and repairs. You paid the invoice and did not contest any of it (indicating that the price was in accordance and in line with the estimate you were given prior to repairs).
You then came back again in 8/2019 for an oil change service. So, I ask myself in according to your review, if she was that unhappy with our services and our prices, why would you return for an oil change service 3 months later?? just doesn't make sense.
Today 3/11/2020, you called and requested anestimate on replacing a catalytic convertor that you have purchased online. We are not in practice of providing estimates over the phone when customer brings own parts. There are too many variables that we have to check for before quoting a price. I understand your battery is dead, and I asked you to get hot shot and bring it down for us to look at and then we can give you an estimate. You said if you cant give me a price I over the phone, I will just sell the car as is. I said , then sell the car as is. Yes , I did have to speak louder because i was speaking from the shop phone, and there is lots of noises there ( I was not intending to sound rude, sorry if you felt I was rude). You have been here several times, and you saw that we run a clean, honest, and a reputable business; you said so yourself that you were recomended to us from people you know and trust.
Lastly, I know that car repairs can be frustrating at times and costly. I want you to know that we are here to help you, if you allow us to do so. If you would like to bring your car so we can look at it, and see if the part you purchased online is the correct one, you are more than welcome, it will take a few minutes and will not cost you. Once we give you the estimate, you can decide wether to fix or not? Our experience has been that purchased parts online by customers come in more wrong than correct. We just try to avoid un-necessary issues before they arise.
I am sure that you wrote the review out of frustration, and now that you took the time to read my reply, I hope you would consider re-evaluating.
Thank you for taking the time to read my comments.

AH
Alex H.
Parkville, MD
06/26/2020 Category: Service
Alex said the staff is nice and so is the service.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 07/06/2020

Thank you Alex for your kind works, glad we could help.

WR
William R.
Owings Mills, MD
Lexus GS 350
06/25/2020 Category: Service
William said the business did assess everything and the work was great. The people are friendly and the only issue was they are priced too high.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 07/06/2020

Thank you William, glad we could service/repair your Lexus for you. We pride ourselves in providing quality, reliable, friendly service at a fair price. Lexus at times tend to run a little higher due to parts listings.

Sara B.
06/23/2020 Category: Service
Sara said she would recommend this business for service.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 07/06/2020

Thank you Sara for your recommendations, glad we were able to help with your Subaru.

MILLICENT C.
Lexus ES 350
06/20/2020
Would recommend this place to my friends
The owner is very nice and did an excellent job of making my car look like it hadn't been in an accident. The car was done in the time promised. Other auto shops said it would take 10 days to 2 weeks and this shop did it in 3 days. His prices are also reasonable! I would not hesitate to recommend this shop to my friends.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 07/06/2020

Thank you very much for your review. We are happy that you are very satisfied with the collision repairs we have repaired on your Lexus, and that it was timely and reasonable.

MARTHA W.
06/18/2020
Very professional and virus aware
I've been dealing with Roland Falls for a couple of years and have found them to be honest and trustworthy, helping me to keep an old car alive. Avi and his crew are attentive to potential problems while trying to keep me safe and solvent. I was very pleased to see that masks are worn and Avi is conscious of protecting customers and staff from potential virus transmission.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 07/06/2020

Thank you Martha for trusting in us to repair your vehicle needs. At this time we are doing everything we can to protect our Roland Falls Autobody community and all our staff.

CG
CATHERINE G.
Honda Civic Cpe
06/15/2020
Great job
I have been going there for a long time
They do the work i ask
Never a problem
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 07/06/2020

Thank you Catherine, we are very happy you were very satisfied with repairs. Thank you for trusting in us for all your Honda needs.

FM
FRANCIS M.
Nissan Rogue
06/04/2020
Customer Service
I got 135,000 mile service and my car is good as new. Avi also serviced my air conditioner and detected a possible leak in the system. He always goes beyond the normal service for his customers and will be honest with you concerning repairs and costs.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 07/06/2020

Thank you Francis for trusting in us for all your Nissan repairs, and being a loyal friend.

CF
CHESTER F.
03/22/2020
work review
Excellent prompt service as always.

TR
TALATHA R.
03/14/2020
Great Service and Great quality of work
Once again, Roland Falls Auto Body excels in the quality of work and customer service. Thank you for taking such great care of my car and helping to keep my family safe on the road.

Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
Professionalism, friendly environment
Honest, fast service
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 03/11/2020

Thank you again for allowing us to repair your VW Jetta. Glad we were able to finish for you on time.

JENNIFER T.
Volkswagen GTI
03/03/2020
Flat tire
Very easy to get the car in. Excellent work.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 03/11/2020

Glad you were happy with our quick, short notice repair on your VW GTI

MARC M.
Pikesville, MD
Toyota Camry Solara
02/28/2020
Falls auto body Once again exceeded my expectation their courtesy, professionalism and Promptness is second to none. Avi and his crew are the best thanks for everything.
Don’t ever hesitate to use them
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 03/11/2020

Thank you Marc for being such a great customer and friend. Glad the collision repair on your Solara came out beautiful.

VH
VICTORIA H.
02/22/2020
Pride in work. Old and new paint blended very well. Pleasant personal interactions. Thanks.
Great body work on my car. Headlights cleaned and sparkling like new. Old and new paint skillfully blended. My car functions well and now because of the repaired and restored outside body of my car, I will drive it proudly (and carefully) for years into the future. Very pleasant interactions with all involved in this work.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 03/11/2020

Thank you for trusting in us and allowing us to repair your Toyota Camary collision damages. We take pride in making sure every one is very happy with the finished product.

Phoenix, MD
Acura RDX
02/22/2020
Awesome job
Roland Falls fixed body damage on my Acura. It was done on time, at a good price and the work was flawless.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 03/11/2020

Brian, thank you for allowing and trusting us in repairing the Acura RDX colllision damages. We pride ourselves in providing excellent quality, in a timely manner, and at a reasonable price. We aim to restore vehicle to pre-collision condition.