JJ
Jasmin J.
03/11/2020
My originally review still stands
I absolutely was NOT GIVEN AN ESTIMATE for the work done in 2019. I had absolutely NO idea what the tune up would cost at all. I only agreed to the turn up because Avi had me under the impression that he could not pinpoint anything else that could have been causing the check engine light to be on.

How could I contest a charge for work that was already done? I was in shock—that was more than an entire month’s pay. At the time I was embarrassed that I had not asked—lesson learned. Now, I realize a mechanic should give an estimate before doing work—this is why I feel I was taken advantage of.

I’d also like to clear up: I said “I want to get an estimate so that I can figure out *whether to sell it as is” as an effort to clearly communicate that I was still considering all options, including getting it fixed. Your response and tone was RUDE. A spade is a spade.

Did not get an apology during your follow up call after I left my initial review, however I guess it was easier to give in writing. Thanks for calling to try to clear it up. Still would’ve have appreciated an estimate in 2019 and some understanding in 2020.

03/11/2020
A Rip Off, Rude and Dishonest
Brought my car here for a check engine light, issues with starting, and power/acceleration in May 2019. Dropped $2500 (!!) (they did not give me an estimate, I'm new to all of this and had heard they were honest people so i did not know better) on diagnostics and repairs only for my check engine light to be back on in THREE MONTHS (Aug 2019). Now, (Mar 2020) I finally somewhat have the money to start getting repairs. I call for an estimate and the owner, Avi, is a complete asshole about me calling for an estimate on getting one particular part replaced. I will never return. You literally steal my money and now i come back trying to be a more informed customer and you're disgustingly rude? Nope.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 03/11/2020

Jasmis,
First , I am surprised at your rudness and name calling, especially from an educated young lady. There is no room for this type of behavior in the professional world.
Secondly, here is some historical data about your experience with us here at RFAB that is correct and not exactly as you described it. You first came in on 3/2019 for a quick oil change, as I recall you were very happy with our services. You came back in on 5/2019 with many issues: brake noise, bad motor mounts, hard start, rough running, cracked windshield, check engine light on,among others. We discussed the repairs needed after we preformed the diagnosis and you were given an estimate. It is and always has been our practice to get approval on repairs needed after the diagnosis is completed. There is no way that we did $2500.00 worth of repairs without your approval. For the $2500.00 many items were repired/replaced including: front brake pads and rotors, all 3 broken motor mounts, cam/cranck sensor, wiper blades, 120k mile service with a complete tune up, all the filters, and all the fluids flushed, reset cel also among other maintenance items. When the car left here, it was running great and we also told you that the windshield is cracked, and turn signal assembly was bad. Overall, the car was very poorly maintained prior to all our services and repairs. You paid the invoice and did not contest any of it (indicating that the price was in accordance and in line with the estimate you were given prior to repairs).
You then came back again in 8/2019 for an oil change service. So, I ask myself in according to your review, if she was that unhappy with our services and our prices, why would you return for an oil change service 3 months later?? just doesn't make sense.
Today 3/11/2020, you called and requested anestimate on replacing a catalytic convertor that you have purchased online. We are not in practice of providing estimates over the phone when customer brings own parts. There are too many variables that we have to check for before quoting a price. I understand your battery is dead, and I asked you to get hot shot and bring it down for us to look at and then we can give you an estimate. You said if you cant give me a price I over the phone, I will just sell the car as is. I said , then sell the car as is. Yes , I did have to speak louder because i was speaking from the shop phone, and there is lots of noises there ( I was not intending to sound rude, sorry if you felt I was rude). You have been here several times, and you saw that we run a clean, honest, and a reputable business; you said so yourself that you were recomended to us from people you know and trust.
Lastly, I know that car repairs can be frustrating at times and costly. I want you to know that we are here to help you, if you allow us to do so. If you would like to bring your car so we can look at it, and see if the part you purchased online is the correct one, you are more than welcome, it will take a few minutes and will not cost you. Once we give you the estimate, you can decide wether to fix or not? Our experience has been that purchased parts online by customers come in more wrong than correct. We just try to avoid un-necessary issues before they arise.
I am sure that you wrote the review out of frustration, and now that you took the time to read my reply, I hope you would consider re-evaluating.
Thank you for taking the time to read my comments.

RAY B.
Chrysler Pacifica
01/13/2021
Great Team
Engaging customer service. Very good attitudes and pleasant people to work with.

ET
EVA T.
Chevrolet Aveo
01/08/2021
Outstanding Service
Avi and his team have been taking care of our cars for the last decade. We go to him for oil changes to major body work. No matter the problem. Roland Falls takes care of it professionally and efficiently. We have full confidence in the service Roland Falls provides.

EB
Edward B.
01/07/2021 Category: Service
Edward said they did a good job.

CHARLES B.
12/31/2020
Outstanding Service
Extremely pleased with the service received from Avi and his staff. Despite the holiday week he was able to secure the part and have son's SUV back o the road in hours. He did with a fair and competitive price.
Very impressed.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 01/08/2021

Thank you for allowing us to repair your Subaru SUV. We understand the importance of excellent quality, fair pricing, and timely repairs. We aim for great customer service every time.

Seth C.
12/22/2020 Category: Service
Seth said the owner is a great guy and everybody who works there is great. He has been going there for a long time and wouldn't trust his vehicle to anyone else. He knows how he runs his business and knows he wouldn't cut corners or try to get over on him.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 01/08/2021

Thank you for allowing and trusting in us with the repairs to your Ford escape. My condolences for the loss of your grandmother.

TH
Thelma H.
Nissan Murano
12/17/2020 Category: Service
Spoke with Joseph. He said after the repair it looked really good plus they detailed the vehicle inside and out and it was perfect.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 01/08/2021

We are very happy that you were very satisfied with the collision repairs to your Nissan Murano. We aim to please and restore the vehicle to the pre accident condition or better.

Lutherville Timonium, MD
12/10/2020
Great value - Avi explained my options and saved me a ton versus what a dealer would have charged.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 01/08/2021

Thank you for your comments and for trusting in us to repair your BMW. We always try to communicate with our clients and advise of the options available for the repairs needed.

CF
CHESTER F.
12/07/2020
Best service
Great helpful service.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 01/08/2021

Thank you for being a long time loyal customer and for your comments.

CG
Connie G.
Mercury Grand Marquis
12/05/2020 Category: Service
Connie said everybody was very helpful , nice and she lives right around the corner, so it is very convenient for her.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 01/08/2021

Thank you for allowing us to repair your Grand Marquis.

LR
LAURIE R.
Pikesville, MD
12/03/2020
Excellent Customer Service
Avi and his team do great honest work on all of our cars. We won’t go anywhere else. They are quick, reliable and trustworthy. I highly recommend them!
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 01/08/2021

Thank you for the very nice comments. Very happy that you had a great experience and thank you for your loyalty.
Always our pleasure to service your needs with the Highlander.

FM
FRANCIS M.
Nissan Rogue
11/25/2020
The owner Avi. He is an honest man to deal with.
Got a regular tune-up and oil change and he made honest recommendations about potential problems without trying to force me to spend a lot of money to take care of them now.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 01/08/2021

Thank you for your great comments, and for your loyalty. Glad to be of help with your Nissan Rouge.

CG
CATHERINE G.
Honda Civic Coupe
11/12/2020
Making sure your safe
I have never had an issue getting my work completed.
I am a loyal customer.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 01/08/2021

Thank you for being a long time loyal customer and for trusting us to repair your Honda civic both mechanically and collision.

OB
Omar B.
Volvo XC90
11/10/2020 Category: Service
Omar said the services took longer than expected but he would recommend the business.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 01/08/2021

Thank you for allowing us to service your Volvo. We apologize that it took a little longer than expected. Preparing the car pre and post repairs due to Covid will take a little longer. It is our practice to make sure that our staff and our customer are as safe as we can make it possible. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

CL
Charlotte L.
11/09/2020
Really good work
My 10-year-old car needed a lot of work. Roland Falls made it drive like new. What a pleasure.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 01/08/2021

Thank you for trusting in us to repair your Honda  and for being a loyal customer for a long time.