LT
Leamon T.
08/31/2020 Category: Service
Leamon said he took his vehicle to this business on the 10th for a specific issue. He had the same issue 3 weeks later. He took it back and they said it was a different issue and said it is not covered. On the 10th he put his vehicle in reverse and backed up then he put it in drive and it would not go in drive. No matter how bad he pushed the acceleration. He had it towed to their facility. He thought they repaired it, it was running good. The other morning he backed up and his vehicle went to drive 2 and he could not put it in any other gear. He called them this morning explain the situation over the phone and asked if it was towed down there with the same problem shouldn't they be responsible for the tow fee, but they told him they do not pay tow fees. He could not put it in reverse so he was still having the same issue. Once he turned it off he could not start it because it was stuck in drive. It was towed back down there this morning. He asked the employee to give him a receipt that said it had been repaired but he was told he could not give him a receipt saying that it was repaired that it will only say it was checked. He added if any body is planing to go to this business to thin twice, they are a rip off. They want to get the vehicle there to find a lot of things wrong. When he first went there they told him that all 4 of his rear light had blown, but they were working when he arrived. There is a better chance of winning the lottery than to have all four light burn out at the exact same time.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 09/01/2020

Thank you for sharing your frustrations with your vehicle. I am sorry that you are not happy with your experince here with us. I feel that I need to set the record straight on these matters and have the records to reflect my assertions and you also have the same documents that show the same.
On 8/10/2020 Invoice#6021(132,517 miles) you had your car towed to our shop for lack of acceleration, no brake lights, and check engine light on.
We ran the diagnosis and discovered a brake bulb out on each side in the rear, we replaced two bulbs on each side as to make sure that the others also would not burn out any time soon (that solved the brake light issues). We diagnosed the check engine light and got a code for the TAC motor, we reset the code and it did not appear again (that solved the check engine light on for now). As to lack of acceleration, after disscussing with you to give me some back ground on what was done prior to bringing it in to our shop, that is when I discovered from you that you tampered with the fuse box and changed all the fuses. You yourself caused the issue with the acceleration by mixing up some fuses and not putting them properly. We re did all the fuses as they should and the car ran fine, with no issues (that solved the lack of acceleration). You were very happy with our service and decided to bring it back for some brake line work.
On 8/13/20 Invoice#6035 (132,543) miles, you brought your car in for the brake line leak repair. We replaced the brake line and hose, and that took care of that issue. Again, you were very happy with our repairs.
On 8/31/20 you had the car towed to our shop because the transmission was stuck in second gear, and the shifter was moving freely without the ability to move it out of second gear. We checked out the problem and dertermined that the automatic shifter cable is broken. We called you and explained the problem and gave you an estimate to replace the cable. You agreed and authorized the repair. We do not pay for towing unless it is a defective part that we have to replace under warranty, which in this matter it was not the case, so you are responsible for the towing and the repair. You will get a reciept for this repair upon completion and you will have a warranty for this part just like you got reciepts for the other repairs. We do have the broken cable and you are welcome to it.
In conclusion, I understand the frustration with car brake downs, but we can not warranty the whole car that everything will be ok. We can address the issues and breakdowns as they come up and do preventive maintenances on the vehicle as we recommended to you back on 8/10/20 (your first visit) which you declined.
I hope this explains to you the situation, and I would ask that you re score your review with us as your comments were totally misguided. Furthermore, your car is still here for repairs on the shifter cable. We will call you as soon as we finish the repairs.
Thank you for taking the time to read our comments.

Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 09/01/2020

Please refer to our response that we sent you, and please check out our reviews from our customers over the years.

JJ
Jasmin J.
03/11/2020
My originally review still stands
I absolutely was NOT GIVEN AN ESTIMATE for the work done in 2019. I had absolutely NO idea what the tune up would cost at all. I only agreed to the turn up because Avi had me under the impression that he could not pinpoint anything else that could have been causing the check engine light to be on.

How could I contest a charge for work that was already done? I was in shock—that was more than an entire month’s pay. At the time I was embarrassed that I had not asked—lesson learned. Now, I realize a mechanic should give an estimate before doing work—this is why I feel I was taken advantage of.

I’d also like to clear up: I said “I want to get an estimate so that I can figure out *whether to sell it as is” as an effort to clearly communicate that I was still considering all options, including getting it fixed. Your response and tone was RUDE. A spade is a spade.

Did not get an apology during your follow up call after I left my initial review, however I guess it was easier to give in writing. Thanks for calling to try to clear it up. Still would’ve have appreciated an estimate in 2019 and some understanding in 2020.

03/11/2020
A Rip Off, Rude and Dishonest
Brought my car here for a check engine light, issues with starting, and power/acceleration in May 2019. Dropped $2500 (!!) (they did not give me an estimate, I'm new to all of this and had heard they were honest people so i did not know better) on diagnostics and repairs only for my check engine light to be back on in THREE MONTHS (Aug 2019). Now, (Mar 2020) I finally somewhat have the money to start getting repairs. I call for an estimate and the owner, Avi, is a complete asshole about me calling for an estimate on getting one particular part replaced. I will never return. You literally steal my money and now i come back trying to be a more informed customer and you're disgustingly rude? Nope.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 03/11/2020

Jasmis,
First , I am surprised at your rudness and name calling, especially from an educated young lady. There is no room for this type of behavior in the professional world.
Secondly, here is some historical data about your experience with us here at RFAB that is correct and not exactly as you described it. You first came in on 3/2019 for a quick oil change, as I recall you were very happy with our services. You came back in on 5/2019 with many issues: brake noise, bad motor mounts, hard start, rough running, cracked windshield, check engine light on,among others. We discussed the repairs needed after we preformed the diagnosis and you were given an estimate. It is and always has been our practice to get approval on repairs needed after the diagnosis is completed. There is no way that we did $2500.00 worth of repairs without your approval. For the $2500.00 many items were repired/replaced including: front brake pads and rotors, all 3 broken motor mounts, cam/cranck sensor, wiper blades, 120k mile service with a complete tune up, all the filters, and all the fluids flushed, reset cel also among other maintenance items. When the car left here, it was running great and we also told you that the windshield is cracked, and turn signal assembly was bad. Overall, the car was very poorly maintained prior to all our services and repairs. You paid the invoice and did not contest any of it (indicating that the price was in accordance and in line with the estimate you were given prior to repairs).
You then came back again in 8/2019 for an oil change service. So, I ask myself in according to your review, if she was that unhappy with our services and our prices, why would you return for an oil change service 3 months later?? just doesn't make sense.
Today 3/11/2020, you called and requested anestimate on replacing a catalytic convertor that you have purchased online. We are not in practice of providing estimates over the phone when customer brings own parts. There are too many variables that we have to check for before quoting a price. I understand your battery is dead, and I asked you to get hot shot and bring it down for us to look at and then we can give you an estimate. You said if you cant give me a price I over the phone, I will just sell the car as is. I said , then sell the car as is. Yes , I did have to speak louder because i was speaking from the shop phone, and there is lots of noises there ( I was not intending to sound rude, sorry if you felt I was rude). You have been here several times, and you saw that we run a clean, honest, and a reputable business; you said so yourself that you were recomended to us from people you know and trust.
Lastly, I know that car repairs can be frustrating at times and costly. I want you to know that we are here to help you, if you allow us to do so. If you would like to bring your car so we can look at it, and see if the part you purchased online is the correct one, you are more than welcome, it will take a few minutes and will not cost you. Once we give you the estimate, you can decide wether to fix or not? Our experience has been that purchased parts online by customers come in more wrong than correct. We just try to avoid un-necessary issues before they arise.
I am sure that you wrote the review out of frustration, and now that you took the time to read my reply, I hope you would consider re-evaluating.
Thank you for taking the time to read my comments.

JJ
JENNIFER J.
11/04/2017
Overall Bad and Frustrating Experience. Not Recommended.
I bumped a short concrete post getting out from a parking space. It didn’t seem anything major, but unfortunately, it was enough to slightly damage a corner and misalign one of the sliding doors of my minivan which consequently was not closing anymore. I contact my insurance, and after its assessment, I brought the car to Roland Falls Auto Body LLC. A few days later the car was repaired and ready to be picked up. Once at home I inspected the door more carefully and noticed that two metal pins that were originally there (they go into two corresponding holes in the car main frame) were missing and one of the hole accommodating them in the door was covered with a plastic piece. Plus, I did not have anything written about the actual repair, just the insurance estimation. So, I went immediately back to the shop and asked the owner (I assume) a written document describing the repair performed, and why those pins were taken out. The only answer to my first question was “I can make a copy of the insurance estimation”, i.e. he repeatedly refused to provide any additional more accurate and legible document about the actual repair. When I showed him the location where the pins were supposed to be he immediately, in a very guilty way, took out the plastic piece that was covering one of the pins threaded holes, and started to make contradictory excuses like “they were bent”, “the guy ordered them”, “they are on the shelf”. Clearly, he did not know what to say and was trying to quickly get out of that awkward situation. So, I had to leave my car there for another day. The pins were put back in the door, but they were visibly sanded down and shorter than originally. My educated guess at this point (without any accurate description of the repair) is that the repaired door was closing well only without those pins, and so he purposely took them out. Asked to put them back he just used the shortcut of modifying the pins, instead of reviewing and adjusting the overall repair.
A week later the door was not closing again, and I noticed another problem with another supposedly repaired component: the bumping door strip was not completely stuck on the door, i.e. the double-sided tape used for the repair was not working. Again, I went back to the shop (third time) for the door and the strip. Unfortunately, when I showed him the door, it worked! Anyway, I asked him to have a look because for more than two days the door was not working. His answer was: “Well, I don’t see any problem. The door is working”. He was not believing me; very frustrating. And his answer for the strip was: “I’ll need to ask the insurance for more money to replace the whole strip. They only told me to repair it”. What? He saw that the double-sided tape was failing; clearly a consequence of his poor repair. No need to replace the whole thing (BTW only about 3 or 4 inches were repaired). Plus, as an expert, he should have realized that the repair was not working, communicated that to me and the insurance, and possibly changed strategy. Eventually, he said that he found a stone in the door track, but didn't fix the strip. I obviously do not believe any word coming out from his mouth anymore, and I did not want to give him any more money, even insurance money. I did not leave the car there for the fourth time.
To summarize. The work on the body of the door is fine, not perfect. The door movement is working, but it is not as smooth as originally was. Those alignment/security pins are now shorter, and part of the bumping strip is not completely attached. Plus, I don’t have an accurate description of what was done, I wasted way too much time, and I did not like how the owner talked to me.
I do NOT recommend Roland Falls Auto Body LLC body shop. I question both their knowledge/skills about repairing cars and most importantly their honesty/attitude towards their customers.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 11/06/2017

Dear Jennifer,
I am very sorry that you did not have a great experience with your repair. We pride ourselves in great customer satisfaction and service. I take the time to respond to each and every concern my customers have. I was under the impression that once we removed the stone that was rolling around in your door tract that eveything was working well with the door.

I would like to address your comments at this time as I did not have any communications with you but with your husband throughout the process. I did see you when you guys picked up the car.

Concern#1 the pins: your husband came back on Friday around 4pm to show me that the pins were not there, unfortunatley, the body tech that worked on your car had to leave early that day (his daughter was having emergency surgery). I was not aware that the pins were not in, I actually ordered a new pin because one was bent (you were not charged for it), and I knew that the tech would know where they were when he returns on Monday.Your assumption of akward or guilty situation is not accurate. I asked your husband to please bring it back on Monday so we can install them. He did and we did install them, and door worked perfectly. He got the car back in a couple of hours.

concern#2: The molding strip. The insurance company paid to reattach not to replace molding, that is exactly what we did.
Most of the time that works but there is always a chance that it may not hold. When you picked up the car the reattchment seemed to hold, so we didn't pursue anyfurther. When your husband said that he was not satisfied I indicated to him that it is not a problem, I will get a hold of your insurance adjustor and submitt a supplement to replace, but with insurance companies now days it always takes 3-4 days to get the approval. Once we got it we can have it ready where he could stop by and we can put the new one on. HE DECLINED.

concern#3: After a week your husband stopped by and said that the door was not working properly, but when he got here we both opened and closed the door several times and it was working perfectly. I did suggest for him to leave it and we could try it again at different times during the day in various inclines. He  agreed and left it. We put the car at a slight decline and heard and saw a small stone that rolled on the door tract and we removed it and all was working well again. I showed the stone to your husband (not sure how the stone got there).

concern#4: Not getting a description of what was done on your car. You brought us an estimate from your insurance company and we followed it exactly. We didnt want to supplement the $3 pin as that would have have delayed you getting the car by 3-4 days later. The estimate was the exact work we preformed. If you still want a receipt and description of what was done, we would just recopy the estimate on to our invoice software. It will be the same. Maybe that was not communicated to you properly and if so I appologize for the misunderstanding.

I take the time to respond because every customer matters, every repair we do matters, and we only want our customers to be satisfied and happy with our preformance, as many other customers have (see other surecredit reviews on our website).

Again, I appologize for any inconveniences you had, and want to assure you that if there is anything we can do for you to correct the situation please let us know.
Most situations can be corrected, they only have to be communicated. I hope this helps to clarify the situation.
Thank you for taking the time to read our response, and we hope that this will change how you feel about us and possibly consider a revission of your review of us.
Thank you again.
Avi

GJ
GRACE J.
02/04/2020
Never returning
Though convenient to my home i will not be going back to Roland falls and will ensure nobody in my household or neighbors are subject to your atrocious rates. I’ve received confirmation from 2 other service centers that I overpaid tremendously for the service I received and was quoted $800 for service that was confirmed not to be needed and exorbitant nonetheless.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 02/05/2020

Thank you for your feedback. We value each customer and always strive to satisfy each one by treating them fairly. Yes we are not the cheapest or the most expensive shop in town. We are fair in our pricing and its always easy to quote lower on the phone until you actually bring car in and then guess what? the price is higher. We do not play that game. I pulled your work order and reviewed it for the work that was done.
Your car came in with issues of check engine light on, service light on, hesitation, possibly a battery issue as well. You were informed that there will be a diagnosis fee of $110.00 (1 hour).
We analyzed the issues, pulled the codes, reset service light, tested battery, charging system, and any other issues we discover along the way. We discovered that the vehicle experienced a misfire in the engine and captured it in the onboard computer.
You also authorized us to do an oil change& filter, additive, air filter, and cabin filter replacement and fill other fluids, and check tire pressure, with 10 point visual inspection. Those items amounted in total to $130.00 which included labor and installation of these parts. I am not sure how you came up with the notion that you overpaid tremendously and that these prices are exorbitant as you indicated.
You were informed taht engine has a very bad oil leak underneath, and that bottom was pretty wet with oil.
You were further notified that the misfire issue is probably not going away and most likely will return. We recommended that you have the coil on plugs replaced and the spark plugs, and since the car is 5 years old you may want to consider a fuel injection induction service also. We quoted you an hour labor for coil and plugs, an hour labor for fuel induction cleaning, plus the parts (quality oem parts, not junk parts made in China). Yes there are cheaper, lesser quality parts that can be used, but its been our experience that they don't hold up well at all, and go bad quicker. You were also told that we cleared the code for now, and that you can wait and see if it comes back on again before repairing coils and plugs; although plugs should be replaced after 5 years anyway.
Here is where I found our error in addition; you were quoted $840.00 plus tax, and it should have been $780.00 plus tax. A calculator error that would have been corrected at time of actuall repairs. For that I apologize. We don't hide or make excuses when we make an error. I have been servicing cars for over 35 years and always conducted my business with great respect, professionalism, honesty, and integrity, and am never afraid to admit a mistake. If you check the many reviews that our business has accumulated, you will see for yourself the quality of service we strive for. I am sorry that you felt the way you did and I hope this helps you understand the situation better.
Thank you again for your feedback, wishing you all the best, and if you should require our assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us.

BW
Bridget W.
11/30/2016 Category: Service
Spoke with Jay. He said there were a few things that they did not do. However, he told them and they took care of it.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 12/05/2016

WE ARE VERY SORRY THAT THE INSURANCE COMPANY DID NOT AUTHORIZE ALL THE REPAIRS ON YOUR VEHICLE. THEY DEEMED THE OTHER DAMAGES TO BE PREEXISTING CONDITIONS. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING US TO COMPLETE THE REPAIRS THAT WERE AUTHORIZED. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE OTHER REPAIRS COMPLETED.

OB
Omar B.
Volvo XC90
11/10/2020 Category: Service
Omar said the services took longer than expected but he would recommend the business.

TT
Thomas T.
Ford Super Duty F-250 SRW
10/08/2020 Category: Service
Thomas said he made an appointment and when he showed up, employees told him they would not have time to do his vehicle and they had to reschedule. The business is fair and reasonably priced.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 11/02/2020

We are very sorry for the mis communication. When we schedule a Maryland State Inspection, we normally need a two hour minimum window to complete. At times its possible that we may not be ready on time due to unfotrseen reasons. Glad we were able to re schedule you for the following day. Thank you for your understanding, and we are very sorry for any issues this may have caused you.

CG
CATHERINE G.
Honda Civic Coupe
07/20/2020
Making sure your safe
I can always count on the work being done properly
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 08/04/2020

Thank you Catherine, glad we were able to service your son's Honda. Thank you for youir support.

Sara B.
06/23/2020 Category: Service
Sara said she would recommend this business for service.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 07/06/2020

Thank you Sara for your recommendations, glad we were able to help with your Subaru.

STEVE B.
12/31/2019
Very helpful and flexible to get me home and back!
The rides simplified life!
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 01/06/2020

Glad we were able to help you with your RAV 4 vehicle needs.

Michael B.
Pikesville, MD
Kia Rio
12/27/2019 Category: Service
Michael said the staff told him his vehicle needed a front end alignment, it didn't.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 01/06/2020

On the road test we performed on your vehicle, there was a slight pull whe letting go of steering wheel. To preserve the life of your tires, we suggested you get an alignment, and also is part of the Maryland State Inspection procedure. By the way, you still have a balance dueon your last invoice. Please take care of it asap. Thank you.

Bikram S.
10/24/2019 Category: Service
Bikram said he still has to go back and ask some questions about the work they did at this place.

STEVE B.
07/18/2019
Price may be more than the car deserves
great service. A 20 year old car probably doesn't deserve the money I spent, but I'm bck to driving it in just a couple days despite slipping into another car's bumper at a stop/start traffic jam. Fine work from Roland Falls' staff and management and of course Karen's courteous phone updates.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 08/23/2019

Thank you for allowing us to service your Toyota Rav-4. Sorry to hear about your bumper collision. We aim to provide excellent service and repairs and we are glad you got your car back quicly and back on the road again. Some times the repairs will cost more than one anticipates but we try our best to keep the repairs within the estimate we provide. We also try to keep our customers informed throughout the process.

ZJ
ZINA J.
Nissan Versa
04/03/2019
Service didn't take a long time and I was pleased with my results
I was only upset well not upset because I understand but disappointed that I couldn't make it to MVA but I will be back nice friendly people.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 04/16/2019

Thank you for your feedback and for bringing your Nissan Versa here for a Maryland State Inspection. I am sorry that I had to fail the car for a saftey issue, but it's for your own protection as well as the general public. The last inspector that inspected your car should have told you to replace that item. Better safe thhen sorry.
Glad it was all resolved and that you are driving a safer car now.

TT
Thomas T.
Saab 9-2X
12/28/2018 Category: Service
Thomas said he came in for a State Inspection. The employees were friendly and they did a fine job, in the same day. The price was a little steep.
Avi A., owner from Roland Falls Auto Body responded on 01/29/2019

Thank you Mr. Thurlow for trusting in us to preforme a Maryland State inspection on your Saab. We try to provide friendly and timely service to all our customers.