JAN S.
Nissan Sentra
05/15/2020
Rony's Car Pros is great.
I always get excellent service. And, they are honest brokers. Highly recommend Rony's Car Pros, though I miss Lily.

VT
VICTORIA T.
Jeep Liberty
05/12/2020
used to be my go to car repair
not anymore, they have lost a customer

DT
DANIEL T.
Chevrolet
05/05/2018
Very unhappy
I went in for a ignition timing adjustment and left with my vehicle running extremely rough and not starting. I had to get my vehicle towed the night after I drove off from rony’s. My vehicle would not start and it never had that problem before. I was also charged for the misdiagnosis and so called repair. The mechanic blamed my vehicle for the lack of experience that he had.
I would never recommend this group to anyone!
It was a very stressful and horrible experience.

Mike B.
Buick LeSabre
04/17/2018 Category: Service
Mike said his vehicle's transmission was ruined and the staff didn't change the mass air flow sensor. He wasted $500 on something that wasn't even fixed.
Rony H. from Rony's Car Pros responded on 04/25/2018

Mike, we are saddened to hear that your car is experiencing transmission issues. The repair that we did on your car included  MAP and TPS sensors, according to the diagnostics run while we had your car in our shop for a stalling problem. And such repairs are not inviolved with a car's transmission. We can still look at your car for the subsequent issues it is having, rather than leave it that you are unsatisfied with our services. We respect your right to choose, of course.

Marissa M.
Venice, CA
Honda Accord
03/29/2017 Category: Service
Marissa said she did not have a good experience with this business. She noted there was a miscommunication from the start. She had concerns about her vehicle and when she told them about them, they said they would do what they could. When she went to pick up the vehicle, they told her they did not have enough time. She also noted they just rambled on.
Rony H. from Rony's Car Pros responded on 03/30/2017

Hi Marissa, I'm sorry we could not help you this time. In the future we suggest to making an appointment, as the day that you came to our shop we were completely booked for the day. Again thanks for stopping by.

EB
EDWARD B.
BMW 325Ci
02/10/2017
client should be water in advance for fees
I dropped off my BMW with a check engine light on, Lilli signed me in saying they would have let me know what the issue was.
After some time I get a voicemail, without listening to it a call Lilli back, she explains that I need a spark plug replaced and a coil is leaking ($500 to $1000 with of work). Nothing too urgent, car is still drivable. I decide to go pick up the car and have the work done later on since I need it to commute to work. Lilli presents me a bill for $98 for diagnostic. I asked her why I had never paid such a fee in the past and why she did not let me know in advance when I checked in the car that it would have cost me $98 just to know what was wrong?
She apologized saying that she SHOULD HAVE let me know but she FORGOT. After admitting she forgot to let me know at the time I checked in she still wanted to be paid and she would have considered to discount %50 of that fee if I decided to do the job with them (from $500 to $1000 worth of work).
Well not the way to do business and to gain trust, they definitely just lost a client.
Rony H. from Rony's Car Pros responded on 02/27/2017

Your review describes the scenario played out every day in our shop: customer drops off car after describing issues with it, leaves with some idea of cost and time to fix, is updated as to repair status, ultimately picks up car when done and pays balance. Same scenario each time, but each car and each client is different. Some cars are straight forward to fix, others very complex. Some clients take notes on everything said by the service writer before agreeing to leave car, others drop their keys on the counter and say, “call me when done.” We aim to tell all our clients our policies of charging and repairs upfront and every time. But such a one-size-fits-all approach does not apply in the real world of such varying clients/cars. Unfortunately in your case it was forgotten, but not with any intention to deceive or manipulate a repair agreement. We apologize for your experience, and don’t mind refunding what you spent.

We will take this opportunity to point out that the auto repair industry now relies heavily on high-tech scanners and properly trained techs to diagnose the multitude of computer-related faults on cars today. We are equipped to do such work on most makes of cars, as we try to remain a general auto repair shop, as opposed to a specialized one that only serves 1 or 2 makes. It can take many hours to find a problem plaguing a car, and such labor must be paid to the tech, whether the client selects to fix the car or not. Hence, diagnostic fees exist and are justified.  Progress, like everything else, comes with a price. We all enjoy our “smart cars” and must be prepared to pay for the smart fixes they require.

BP
Ben P.
Subaru XV Crosstrek
06/26/2017
Great work, but not the first time
I'd like to give both 2 and 5 start. I brought my car in for body work and got it back quicker than quoted, but the work wasn't complete. I brought it back, left it for a day, and the team was unable to get it done in the time quoted. Then I brought it back, left it for a few days, and when I got it back (the work was excellent) the rearview mirror motor was broken. The team fixed it quickly upon me bringing it back. The customer service was good, but the work seemed to be sloppy. It took 4 separate trips, probably 8 days without my car, to get a dent in my doors fixed properly.

SJ
Shannon J.
San Dimas, CA
01/18/2020 Category: Service
Shannon said she had brought her vehicle in very early for multiple items to be addressed. She said no one looked at the vehicle until 3 pm so the only thing that got done was an oil change.

WF
Willy F.
Nissan Pathfinder
03/26/2018 Category: Service
Willy said there was some miscommunication. The business gave him some wrong information about the pricing.
Rony H. from Rony's Car Pros responded on 04/24/2018

We are sorry about the inconvenience, we really appreciate your feedback.

CL
Cyndra L.
Chevrolet Pickup
06/24/2017 Category: Service
Cyndra said her vehicle was at this business 1 day later than promised due to a parts delay. They did not communicate the delay to her, and she had to call them. Also, the cover for the filter was not attached, and the cap was left on top of the engine.

OC
Oscar C.
El Monte, CA
Nissan Cube
02/23/2017 Category: Service
Oscar said he picked his vehicle up and had to take it back because they didn't do the alignment right. They want to charge him some more money because they said some more things need to be done. He is picking up his vehicle and taking it somewhere else to get a second opinion. He would not recommend the business.
Rony H. from Rony's Car Pros responded on 02/27/2017

Oscar, we understand your disapointment at being charged for service done on your vehicle that only partly fixed the problems it had. It did indeed take subsequent alignments to reveal that the
car required additional work not originally anticipated. This is common in the auto repair industry, even for well-established shops like ours. It is NOT an indication of fraud, incompetance or negligence. And while most drivers have experienced some unanticipated costs to keep their vehicles on the road, this instance led to your diminished confidence in our shop, which saddens us. We stand by our professionalism and aim to please our clients every time. We encourage you to keep an open mind as you continue to search for your shop of choice.

DF
Daniel F.
Mercedes-Benz SL-Class
04/25/2020 Category: Service
Daniel said the service was fine they were professional but it was a little too expensive.

LG
Linda G.
Culver City, CA
02/08/2020 Category: Service
Linda said the staff was helpful, but it took awhile for her to get the vehicle back. It was 2 days instead of 1.

GH
GARY H.
12/23/2019
Smog Test - Fixed my 20yr old Toyota to Pass.
To expencive to get the work done on the car as my Toyota is worth $800

DV
David V.
Venice, CA
08/30/2019 Category: Service
David said the staff came through with what they offered. He stated that they did a good job but he found the price higher than what another business was offering.