AA
Anonymous a.
Kalamazoo, MI
08/29/2020
Perverted staff. They don't respect women.
These guys like to sexualize and dimene women who they come into contact with. Making horrible comments and making them feel very uncomfortable. I'm trying to stay anonymous but take my word for it. They are a bunch of sick perverted fucks.
Tim H., Owner from Ryder's Auto Service Centre responded on 10/27/2020

I'm hoping this is some kind of sick joke. First off how can someone write and awful review like this and put Anonymous? Secondly if I/we di something like that please bring it to my attention, I certainly never want to offend anyone. My reviews on here should speak for themselves. On a daily basis I deal with probably 80% women and I'd hate to think I was offending someone. At the same time how can someone that write F-bombs in their reviews be the one calling someone else out?

BL
Brandon L.
05/06/2019 Category: Service
Brandon said neither the mechanic nor the business got his authorization for the part.. They ordered it and installed it without his knowledge, and tried to force him to pay for it. He stated that he had to argue with the staff to get the muffler removed and the muffler he purchased and approved installed.
Tim H., Owner from Ryder's Auto Service Centre responded on 05/08/2019

This is so far from the truth. We had discussed repairs to the vehicle a couple weeks ahead of time. Brandon metioned he was going to take it elsewhere for exhaust work. We mentioned we could also fix the exhaust and most likely be cheaper. We also told him, however that we do not do custom exhaust nor do we do loud "flowmaster" type exhaust. He brought the truck in, I called with an estimate for all repairs, including the muffler. He approved all the repairs, we finished the truck and then called him to let him know it was done. This is when he then asked what did the muffler sound like? I answered it's nice and quiet, like it should be. That's when his girlfriend shouts in the back ground shouts "I didn't want it to be quiet" and Brandon then changes his mind (because she apparently makes the decisions) and said he didn't want the muffler that he had already told us to do. Of course now it's on the truck and I can't send it back. We did take it off the truck and didn't charge him for the muffler. Obviously with 99% of my reviews being positive, one can see this was a miscommunication problem with Brandon and his girlfriend.

ZP
Zachary P.
06/18/2016 Category: Service
Zachary said this business was nice. However, he still has the same issue with his vehicle after paying $100 for work.
Tim H., Owner from Ryder's Auto Service Centre responded on 06/24/2016

Why not give us a call and let us know there is still a problem? We'd be happy to see what we can do to make it right. For the time we had involved in trying to fix a repair you started, $100 we felt was extremely reasonable. Most shops won't even attempt to fix something the customer attempted first. Also to be fair this Jeep is questionable in it's road worthiness.

TW
Travis W.
Chevrolet Silverado
08/16/2016 Category: Service
Travis said they indicated other work that needed to be done and they did not finish it for whatever reason. Now he has other issues with his vehicle. He would not recommend them based on his last experience.
Tim H., Owner from Ryder's Auto Service Centre responded on 08/18/2016

We didn't do more because we weren't told this was a lifted 4x4. With the large tires and frame/body lift we normally wouldn't even work on the truck at all. Tires rubbing front bumper and brake lines strung all over the place, there is too much concern for liability. Sorry you weren't happy, our job was to bleed the brakes on the truck, that is what we charged for and it left here working fine.

04/22/2021
They got me in the next day! And had all the work done fast.
Overall experience was good . All the work performed looks professional and everything is functioning properly. I would say the only negative was I wish I had of known there was going to be an extra $19 charge for using a credit card instead of cash. Had I known that I would’ve just use cash.

EL
Emma L.
Mercury Mariner
02/17/2021 Category: Service
Emma said it was her first experience with them and they were very friendly.

Mary B.
Kia Sedona
08/03/2019
New Alternator
Tim is very straightforward about what he can do, how much it will cost and how long it will take. Convenient location for me.

Joan H.
02/20/2019
Joan’s Chrysler Town and Country
Tim and staff went beyond normal service standards to get my car repaired, back in service and returned to me. It was so very much appreciated. I would highly recommend them to friends.

12/14/2018
thorough
Ryder's Auto service is very detailed in their work and observations of your car's performance. I would recommend them to friends but make sure to let them know there is a service charge with a credit card. I don't recall having received an e mail noting this policy change and was surprised when presented with this fact. - one star for surprised

EG
Eli G.
Toyota Matrix
08/22/2018 Category: Service
Eli said the service was fair.

TW
Timothy W.
07/11/2018 Category: Service
Timothy said he was disappointed the business was not open after the holiday. The employees provided good communication. They provided very prompt service.

Chul C.
Ford Edge
06/09/2018 Category: Service
Chul said the staff was very nice and helpful, keeping him updated.

BL
Brandt L.
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
04/19/2018 Category: Service
Brandt said he had to make a second visit to get something fixed.

01/04/2018
4 stars out of 5, because nobodies perfect
Tim, and crew have my confidence in the job they do caring for our cars. I find them to be knowledgeable and able to explain the workings of the vehicle in terms we understand. Work is completed in a timely manner and , as of yet, have never had to return vehicle for recurring problem. I would recommend this business to a friend, because they is how I found this business.

10/20/2017
attentive service
Honest and thorough attention to the vehicle. 4 stars only, because nothing is perfect, but Ryder's is close.