AA
Anonymous a.
Kalamazoo, MI
08/29/2020
Perverted staff. They don't respect women.
These guys like to sexualize and dimene women who they come into contact with. Making horrible comments and making them feel very uncomfortable. I'm trying to stay anonymous but take my word for it. They are a bunch of sick perverted fucks.
Tim H., Owner from Ryder's Auto Service Centre responded on 10/27/2020

I'm hoping this is some kind of sick joke. First off how can someone write and awful review like this and put Anonymous? Secondly if I/we di something like that please bring it to my attention, I certainly never want to offend anyone. My reviews on here should speak for themselves. On a daily basis I deal with probably 80% women and I'd hate to think I was offending someone. At the same time how can someone that write F-bombs in their reviews be the one calling someone else out?

BL
Brandon L.
Portage, MI
05/06/2019 Category: Service
Brandon said neither the mechanic nor the business got his authorization for the part.. They ordered it and installed it without his knowledge, and tried to force him to pay for it. He stated that he had to argue with the staff to get the muffler removed and the muffler he purchased and approved installed.
Tim H., Owner from Ryder's Auto Service Centre responded on 05/08/2019

This is so far from the truth. We had discussed repairs to the vehicle a couple weeks ahead of time. Brandon metioned he was going to take it elsewhere for exhaust work. We mentioned we could also fix the exhaust and most likely be cheaper. We also told him, however that we do not do custom exhaust nor do we do loud "flowmaster" type exhaust. He brought the truck in, I called with an estimate for all repairs, including the muffler. He approved all the repairs, we finished the truck and then called him to let him know it was done. This is when he then asked what did the muffler sound like? I answered it's nice and quiet, like it should be. That's when his girlfriend shouts in the back ground shouts "I didn't want it to be quiet" and Brandon then changes his mind (because she apparently makes the decisions) and said he didn't want the muffler that he had already told us to do. Of course now it's on the truck and I can't send it back. We did take it off the truck and didn't charge him for the muffler. Obviously with 99% of my reviews being positive, one can see this was a miscommunication problem with Brandon and his girlfriend.

ZP
Zachary P.
Portage, MI
06/18/2016 Category: Service
Zachary said this business was nice. However, he still has the same issue with his vehicle after paying $100 for work.
Tim H., Owner from Ryder's Auto Service Centre responded on 06/24/2016

Why not give us a call and let us know there is still a problem? We'd be happy to see what we can do to make it right. For the time we had involved in trying to fix a repair you started, $100 we felt was extremely reasonable. Most shops won't even attempt to fix something the customer attempted first. Also to be fair this Jeep is questionable in it's road worthiness.