Julie P.
Aguanga, CA
09/20/2019
Great repair, customer service with quick turn around!
The only thing worse then seeing the "service engine" light , is to have it appear while on vacay and in a strange town. Smith's Automotive put my truck on the diagnostics and upgraded the computer software...engine light off. The next day I was driving and that lil bugger showed up again! I called Smith's and returned to the shop. I was given a loaner car and their assurance that they would get to the cause and fix the problem. The turn around time was 48 hours! They coordinated the service with my warranty plan, called me with progress reports, and even came over to our RV park to show me how to start the loaner Prius! The price was very fair; they waived the additional diagnostics testing cost. In these times of apathy, corruption, and price gouging Smith's Automotive was a great experience. I would encourage everybody to use their services. Thanks to all the folks at Smith's Automotive!

RL
Rachel L.
07/02/2019
Never again
I can't give -0- stars or I would. Blew a rear wheel cylinder on an '05 Dodge Dakota. Quoted me $1300 to replace both wheel cylinders, both sets of shoes and both drums. Told me their shop rate is $107 per hour. (Just shy of a typical dealership rate). Parts for the work would have been $575 with 100% mark up, but another $725 in labor??? It doesn't take 7 hours to replace the rear brakes on ANY vehicle. Disgustingly and obscenely overpriced. "We could reuse the drums and drop the price to $827". STILL too damn high. I thought they would be reasonable since the location closer to home that's associated with it is more reasonable. Big NOPE! Steer clear!

Amy M.
06/05/2019
Wish I never would have had my car towed there
My car stopped running and would not start and I needed to have it towed somewhere to be fixed. Smith's was suggested to me and at first it seemed fine. Until I got the estimate for replacing the alternator. The owner told me he never completed an inspection on my vehicle the first day. The second day I went as soon as they opened to ask about the over 100% mark up on parts. The owner, knowing that he would already be charging $85 for towing and $107.38 for "looking at it", tells me he needs to keep the lights on. Clearly they are having no problems with that and charging what they do I can see why. He then said we don't have to fix it. So now I am into them for $200 and would have to pay to tow it down the road where it would have been nearly $300 cheaper so it would be a wash. Do you think that anyone talked to me about the other things I asked them to look at on my vehicle? Or even inspected it as I was promised - no. I had to call there to find out my vehicle was even done.
This place is a huge rip off and I don't understand why anyone would go here unless they have disposable income.

LK
Laura K.
Wever, IA
08/17/2017
Great Place!
Wonderful staff! We were out of towners with car issues and they were more than willing to help. Went above and beyond. Highly recommend!

CG
Christopher G.
Waverly, IA
05/26/2017
Exactly what you want
Exactly what you want. I had my breaks fixed here a year and a half ago, they fixed them and let me borrow the loaner car. Eventually the breaks warped but the miles were no longer covered by the warranty. I moved out of town and they tried to get me set up to get them fixed here, but I had a date I was traveling to the area. They set me up with a time that day To fix the breaks, and let me use their loaner car to do my business that day. Kind on the phone and in person.

Mike S.
West Des Moines, IA
11/02/2016 Category: Service
Mike said they always do a great job.

Dennis H.
10/31/2016
Do a good job !
Last minute call to them and they get us in ! Very accommodating and appreciate the good work.

Mary G.
Altoona, IA
Buick LeSabre
10/30/2016
Honest and does it right!
Respectful, courteous and trustworthy. I am so appreciative of the service they provide and can trust what they recommend. Thank you Rusty, Bill and your mechanics.

BT
Bradley T.
Story City, IA
Chevrolet Silverado
10/21/2016 Category: Service
Bradley said he broke down on the road. However, this business got to him quickly, they fixed him up, and got him back on the road. He also noted they did an absolutely, wonderful job. He cannot thank them enough.

Terry B.
Buick Rendezvous
10/20/2016
Willingness to help you in a timely manner
Friendly atmosphere, honesty in dealing with you and explaining what they can/can't do, genuine effort to correct the problem as quickly as they can and they have a small town feel and treat you like a friend.

LV
Lisa V.
Pleasant Hill, IA
10/19/2016
Awesome, friendly & reliable service! They are my go-to auto service team.
Awesome, friendly & reliable service! They are my go-to auto service team.

BC
Bob C.
Pleasant Hill, IA
10/17/2016 Category: Service
Bob said everything went great and was done right at this business.

DA
Don A.
10/13/2016
Extra advise and help.
They are so friendly and helpful. Great place to work with.

WW
Wally W.
Hyundai Santa Fe
10/12/2016 Category: Service
Wally said they did a good job.

BR
Bill R.
Altoona, IA
Mazda MX-5 Miata
10/12/2016 Category: Service
Spoke with Kathy. She said she had no complaints and she is happy with them.