Latest Review over 2 years ago

brandon M.
Buena Park, CA
06/22/2017
Been on hold for almost 25 mins now..
I called to ask a quick and simple question but I have been on hold for 26.22 mins.
I work in customer service and even when we are busy we make time to let the person on hold know what the estimated wait time is or request a call back #. I hope no one else wastes their day planning to go to acura but ends up on hold.. I will go somewhere else for my services now.

SV
Sid V.
Santa Ana, CA
11/29/2016
Worst Car Buying Experience Ever
It should not take 3 tries to get the contract correct. I will not be back!

AW
Alexander W.
Pasadena, CA
ACURA TLX
10/20/2015 Category: Sales
Atrocious post-purchase relationship
Salesman does not care about customer as soon as you walk out of the lot with your newly purchased car. No follow-up phone call, no reply to texts. Absolutely unprofessional and unpleasant car purchasing experience. Avoid if possible.

Sean C.
Westminster, CA
ACURA ILX
09/11/2015 Category: Service
not great this time
Disappointed for my service I took my car in at 9am and the service say it will done by 11 and say he'll come and get me at the waiting area otherwise I'll call you and let you know. We'll i didn't get my car until 1pm! He never came and get me and didn't call either. So I have to rate way below my expectation.

FP
Felicia P.
HONDA ACCORD CPE
09/03/2015 Category: Sales
Stay away from sales and finance! Don't deliver on promises
Finance was very rude because I didn't buy gap. Sales and manager promised to fix issues with the car but later when I was actually in the process of buying the car, Internet sales manager told me that if I wanted the good deal I was asking for that it's in my best interest to find my own mechanic and have the issues fixed. Also sales people and finance didn't listen to me when giving them info which wasted time later on when my bank was asking for things I had told them about, but they "had no idea". Also when I picked up the car the next day the windshield was cracked, yet it wasn't cracked the day before, but again, they gave me a good deal so it was up to me to get that fixed. I wouldn't buy another car here.

RI
Ronald I.
Laguna Hills, CA
08/26/2015 Category: Sales
buyer beware
Please see my indepth review on Yelp.
Many other Yelp reviews are also in sharp contrast to the Surecritic reviews, which are obviously filtered. I've also responded objectively to the Acura corporate survey.

BR
Blair R.
Long Beach, CA
08/19/2015 Category: Service
Extremely poor customer service follow-up
I left recently purchased items in my loaner car and called 4 times regarding this matter. After 2 full days I was told the current renter did not have it. Poor follow up by multiple personnel from this dealer
Paul M. from South Coast Acura responded on 08/20/2015

Mr. Rees,

Your recalls were completed with 100% accuracy and you were provided a loaner car at no charge to you. With the recalls, we loan cars out as soon as they get in sometimes not even washing them which means we dont go through the insides of them to see if the previous renter left anything in them. The fact that you left items behind and then had us make multiple calls to the then current renter which then inconvenienced them, should not affect how we serviced your vehicle. I do feel bad that you left something behind and the next person tossed it out during their use of the vehicle, but that should not reflect on our service rating.

Resonably,

Raymond H.
La Palma, CA
08/10/2015 Category: Service
right dealer to service or wrong oil
came in with expectation that they were to perform an oil change (synthetic) for Type s, (tl-s) i would assume they wouldn't and still they offered the normal oil change until i brought it up that the type s should only take synthetic oil as recommended per acura dealer. Was told one price when booking my appointment and came here with a bill almost double .
Paul M. from South Coast Acura responded on 08/10/2015

Mr. Raymond Huang

According to the engine oil application guide published by "© 2012 American Honda Motor Co., Inc. – All Rights Reserved" the 3.5 2007 Acura TL which is the Type-S requires 5w-20 conventional engine oil. The only vehicle that requires a full synthetic engine oil by design is the 2007-2012 Acura RDX. Not even the NSX was designed to required a full synthetic engine oil. Since the introduction of the 2011 TSX both 4 and 6 cylinder Acura has designed its vehicles with a minimum requirement of 0w20 synthetic blended oil. Thank you for your inquiry I hope this helps your understanding of what oil your vehicle requires and that we at South Coast Acura would not offer you the incorrect engine oil for your vehicle. Please see your email for a copy of the Acura engine oil application guide for your reference.

josh D.
Santa Ana, CA
08/10/2015 Category: Service
Major Tune Ups Service - NO STAR
I recently had my 2005 TSX in for a major tune ups at South Coast Acura and it costs me over $1,000.00 at end of June and recently found out the car is lack of performance right after i pulled out their lot and thought maybe it needed to be broken in and performance will get better. NOPE that did not happened. Part of the service was also to inspect tires and advise and that did not happened either. Tire are worn down to the wire and struts and shocks was blown. Acura did not tell me or recommend to have it replace and that these were hazardous and dangerous to me and my family with a new born baby on board. Service technician at costco today showed me the tires that was all worn down and struts was also blown. Since the service, the car only being driven much. Very bad and dishonest business and I DO NOT RECOMMEND TO GO HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Paul M. from South Coast Acura responded on 08/10/2015

Josh Doan,

Please E-mail the details of your service: Repair order number(located on the top right corner of your invoice) or the name on the repair order since I do not see your name in my system. I would like to see the details of the inspection performed on the vehicle and follow disciplinary action on those who may not have documented your repairs or recommendations properly. We are not a dishonest facility by any means.

I apologize for your experience.

Paul.Mendoza@SouthCoastAcura.com

AH
Amy H.
05/14/2015 Category: Service
Not happy with my service
Acura needs to train their service advisors professionally.
Paul M. from South Coast Acura responded on 05/14/2015

Hello Amy,

Thank you for your feedback. It has been brought to my attention that one of our staff was not up to par and action has been taken. I hope that you find a slight bit of forgiveness for our lack of service that you and all our clients deserve, and return to visit us soon.

HD
Harvey D.
Huntington Beach, CA
05/08/2015 Category: Service
Update from my previous review on 04/12 titled "I had to bring my car back after 1 day because of major oil leak"
I down-graded to 1 star (or 0 if it's a valid entry) from my previous review on 04/12 because 2 weeks after that review, I got engine check light and VSA lights on while driving on freeway. This is no coincident because there are a total of 2 new issues occurred now to my car after it had service at South Coast Acura in March 2015. I have owned this car for almost 15 years, and I have never experienced anything like this. According to OBD-II reader, it had P0740 (Torque Converter Clutch Circuit / Open) error code. I'm afraid to take my car there.
Paul M. from South Coast Acura responded on 05/11/2015

Mr Harvey Doan,

I am sure you understand that all vehicles have many moving mechanical parts and thus do not have an infinite life expectancy. While I do see it as odd that you have issues with the vehicle shortly after service as far as the oil leak detected most recently. I would kindly offer a no charge diagnoses to determine the source of failure for your most recent issue and would also invite you to witness the process if you so wish to do so. Although you have scanned the pcm for a trouble code there are a few steps to determine the actual source of failure.

Please contact me or my office to set up an appointment.

Mark R.
Fountain Valley, CA
04/08/2015 Category: Service
Ugent Safety recall ignored
Urgent safety recall notice received. Made appointment on-line for recall. Drove to dealer on day of appointment. Service advisor said part is backordered, said about 10 days and that he would call me. 31 days passed before I called them. They said they have not received any of the parts needed. I asked to have managment call me. I received a call later that day saying my part was there and to bring my car in today. I did. They said they replaced it. Needles to say, I had little trust in their word at this point. My windshield was damaged upon my inpection when I got the car home. I had a new windshield installed. I would be very reluctant to take my car here for servicing again. Cerritos Acura will be my next dealer to service my car.
Paul M. from South Coast Acura responded on 04/08/2015

Mr. Reese,

The unfortunate situation of parts being on back order not only affects our store, but all dealerships across multiple brands in the country. To say your recall was ignored I believe is far from a true statement. In discussing the situation with the advisor, we reassigned a part from another order that had not returned our calls to have the update completed and thus are now waiting for the parts to fill that order. As far as your windshield, this is the first I hear of the issue even after we have made attempts to follow up via phone and e-mail after your service. However working on your steering wheel would have absolutely nothing to do with your windshield glass.

I apologize again for the inconvenience of having back order parts and having to reassign another order to complete your recall.

DK
bla bla bla
bla bla bla
Paul M. from South Coast Acura responded on 02/02/2015

Mr. Koenig,

Please contact me to discuss any issue you might have had that would have damaged our relationship.

KD
kimberly d.
Westminster, CA
01/31/2015 Category: Service
inner seal broken
lied to customer, indicate wrong problem
Paul M. from South Coast Acura responded on 01/31/2015

Miss Dam

Please contact me at your earliest convinience to discuss what was found wrong with your vehicle. I do not see any information that indicates we had a vehicle in for service for you. Clarification would be greatly appreciated.

SN
Steven N.
01/31/2015 Category: Service
oil leak, inner seal
water pump broken
Paul M. from South Coast Acura responded on 01/31/2015

Mr. Ngo

It seems there is some sort of misunderstanding with your recent service visit. As I review your work order, I see that you brought in your vehicle with a concern of oil leaking. Based on your inspection we found what looks like a front main seal and rear main seal leaking oil. Now there is no mention of a water pump being broken. As I look into your previous visit back in October 26, 2013 we had mentioned to you that your rear main seal was seeping at that time along with brakes being worn and cv joint boots that were torn. Now when replacing a front main seal, the timing belt and water pump are normally recommended to be replaced if they had not yet been done.

I would like to discuss your concern in further detail at your earliest convinience. Please see my contact information below.

MT
Muhammad T.
Irvine, CA
01/02/2015 Category: Service
Bad Experience
This was my last visit . Not coming back . Was a customer for last two and half year . Overcharged for my service and felt service provider was not honest.
Paul M. from South Coast Acura responded on 01/03/2015

Mr Talukdar,

At South Coast Acura we take allegations of dishonesty very seriously. I would like to speak to you regarding your latest experience and see what it is about your vehicle needing an alternator for an issue you had with your vehicles operation is dishonest. Once I understand what it is you mean by that I can then investigate these serious allegations.

Tad B.
Huntington Beach, CA
12/30/2014 Category: Service
poor follow-up
Service advisor and service manager poor customer service. No update call on my vehicle in service. Car wasn't fixed properly and had to bring it back twice and they lost my keys? Take your Acura to Norm Reeves Acura in Mission Viejo, they care unlike South Coast Acura. Poorly managed dealership.
Paul M. from South Coast Acura responded on 12/31/2014

Mr Buchoz,

I was present when my advisor made calls to update you on your vehicle progress while it was at the body shop for paint repair. I was alos present when he had explained to you that there was a delay beyond our control and they would have to start over by stripping the vehicles paint entirely. you were followed up with on several occasions including many in which you did not anser calls. About the lost key, I cannot confirm nor deny that occured but in good faith I did get the key replaced. The repairs were for paint and we do not offer a paint shop in house and these repairs must be sent out to a body shop to be handled. Your vehicle was out of warranty but again in good faith we took care of half the bill.

Enjoy

Kathryn B.
ACURA TSX TECH
11/05/2014 Category: Service
Very disappointed
My last vist to Acura was extremely disappointing to say the least.
I have been a loyal customer for years. So much that my last two cars were Acura and I always went to the dealership on harbor to get my service. After my last experience i will NEVER go there again. I am not sure what has changed internally since the I was there 3,000 miles ago but whatever it is, it isn't working.
To make this review short I will just point out the reasons why I will never go back.
1. When I showed up by myself with my 10 month old son, I wast even offered any help when needed to unload a billion things from my car to the loner car. For those of you without kids, it is extremely difficult to move a carseat and install it into another car while you are holding your baby! Not to mention i couldn't let him walk around since there were cars driving in and out of the service department directly next to my car.
2. I rec a phone call that my car was done and of course in true service fashion more things were needed to done to my car soon so i should be aware. So i replied " noted, but my lease is up soon so i am not interested right now as i will be turning my lease into the dealership in the next 2 months. The sales guy said no problem i understand.
3. Though my service was completed in a great time frame when arrived i was still offered no help to move all that i moved out back into my just serviced car all while i am still trying to hold my child. Arn't car deanships filled with men? and not one offered to help???
4. When I went to pay for my bill my invoice said $85.00. I asked the sales guy why it was not the $60 i was quoted. He said that he did a full A2 service and that was $85.00. I said that that is not what i made the appointment for. So he told me that it was better for me because it would rain soon and I will feel better that I had the A2 service. Again, Not the service i requested and oh wait... didn't i mention before that i was turning in my car to the dealer in 2 months and didn't need an extras?
I understand it wasn't much more money than i had intended but it was the fact that he didn't offer to correct it, instead he tried to convince me it was what i needed.
Since my child was tired and i was exhausted from moving everything twice from car to car. I got into my car and left as i didn't have the time to argue with the sales guy.
5. Then i was called to see how my experience was and i explained to the customer service lady how disappointed i was and she apologized and said her manager would be fining me a call. Well, i dint get a call unitl several days later. When he called i could talk because i was at work so i called and left a message on my break asking for a return phone call. But SHOCKER... never received a call back. So my issue is still left unsolved.

Last but not least, this experience happened on a sat. That sunday i went into the dealership to look at new acuras so i could turn in my lease. As i was getting my son out of my car the sales guy pulled into the spot i was standing in with no hesitation and almost hit my son and i. Never apologized and rudely walked away only to greet us as though nothing happened at all! Then i had such a bad experience with him trying to get me info on my lease that my family and i left. Later that day I drove home a new TOYOTA!
Sorry Acura, The dealer on Harbor is giving you a bad name.

Good luck and i hope you get this worked out.

WK
Warner K.
Temple City, CA
10/14/2014 Category: Sales
This dealership is a scam
I purchased a 2011 Acura MDX CPO (Certified Pre-Owned vehicle) from South Coast Acura on July 13th 2014, which had multiple issues from day one. Tasha Taylor set me up with an appointment on 7/19 for me to return to receive service for the following issues.
1. Engine had blue smokes coming out after my test drive.*
2. Alignment (vehicle was pulling to the right and must steer to the left to go straight)
3. Driver 2 spare key*
* indicates that the issues were resolved after 1st service visits.

I took the vehicle back after a day of waiting, then I started noticing more issues shown below, so I took the vehicle to a local dealership (Sierra Acura Alhambra) which is near by me for service. They did not want to do anything for me because of the non-factory alarm installation from South Coast Acura which void the warranty. Therefore I had to make another appointment with South Coast Acura for another service visit for the following issues.

1. Alignment still wasn’t resolved from previous visit.
2. Non-working alarm installed by the dealership for the previous lessee was removed because it was causing other issues below.
3. Driver courtesy light doesn’t lit.
4. Cruise control issues – vehicle’s actual speed is faster than the set speed by user.
5. Transmission shifting issues, vehicle doesn’t shift properly from 1st to 2nd gear.
6. I provided Technical Service Bulletins to Jeremy but he had indicated that there were no such thing existed.

The 2nd service visit with South Coast Acura had improved the alignment issue, and resolved driver courtesy light, but did not resolve cruise control and transmission issues.

Issues such as alignment should not happen with a CPO (Certified Pre-Owned) at all, gear shifting, cruise control issue, blue smoke coming out of engine room, the fuse box came off which was partially melted with a bad plastic smell when retrieved. The sales Kyle and Tasha emphasized that the vehicle is a CPO that is highly trustable and creditable which indicated to me that it should be problem free, and they assured me that they will take care of these issues for me after my purchase, but they did not. I deeply believe that this dealership is about scamming customer’s hard-earned money. They are only and definitely prompt at responding via email and good at doing it (eg: Nigerian scammers) prior to your purchase, but if it's about "customer service" and "warranty coverage" then they will never respond to you in the hope that the consumer simply "gives up".

I am very frustrated with Acura brand and irritated by the incompetency of the dealership. I felt that I should just sue this dealership for all of the issues, time and financial losses, and emotional stress that I’ve been through caused by this dealership. People are paying money to buy a vehicle to enjoy, but not paying to get pissed off.

Timeline:
07/13 – Vehicle was purchased.
07/19 – 1st service visit (South Coast Acura, Costa Mesa).
08/09 – 2nd service visit (Sierra Acura, Alhambra), unresolved, paid $130.
08/11 – Informed Jeremy that I am bring back the vehicle for the 3rd service visit.
08/16 – 3rd service visit (South Coast Acura, Costa Mesa).
08/19 – Tasha Taylor has left South Coast Acura.
08/26 – Informed Jeremy & Kait about issues not fixed, no response.
08/28 – South Coast Acura sent me a check in the amount of $197 for fees refund, which is short of $69. I was charged $220 for Registration/Transfer/Titling Fees, $20 for State Emissions Certification Fee, and $26 for electronic vehicle registration or transfer charge.
10/10 – Took the vehicle to a private mechanic which allowed the vehicle to go straight via compensation since one of the cambers is damaged/bent due to accident from the past. Paid $60.
10/14 – Have not received the CA license plate and registration as of this day.
Paul M. from South Coast Acura responded on 10/17/2014

In separate visits at two different dealers, no "blue smoke" was  found nor was an issue duplicated. Alignment was performed before purchase and twice by us after you recieved vehicle at no charge to you. I personally drove the vehicle and found no pulling in either direction. During that test drive I also found no issue with the shifting of the transmission nor any issue with the cruise control operation as there is a slight difference in the digital display and analog display(normal for any product in any line, not just automotive). I apologized to you for the inconviniece of a local dealer not being able to help you out, and removed the aftermarket alarm as well as made repairs to your vehicle all while you drove a brand new loaner vehicle and we adapted your tight schedule. Your registration fees paid to DMV had a balance that was unused for registration. That money has been refunded to you and you have stated that you received the check. To that same address that you received the refund check is the same address your registration has gone to. It may take up to 90 days to receive registration upon purchasing a vehicle. Otherwise your local DMV can assist you in obtaining a replacement registration. As for the license plates, they are behind the paper plates on the front and rear of the vehicle.

TL
Thanh L.
ACURA RDX
09/30/2014 Category: Service
Misleading quotes
I was initially given a quote of the estimated costs for replacing a faulty valve and breaks, quote of $400. The person asked if it was alright and I was already hesitating, saying it's more costly than anticipated and I asked for more discounts. He said he would see what he could do. When I picked up my car, I was told the total costs was $900, I said I was only estimated $400 and he said that was only the parts, not the labor. How in the world does someone provide a quote for only the parts and not the labor. This was absolutely misleading and I cannot trust South Coast Acura for not providing all of the information. I have been a customer since the day I bought the car and doing all of my maintenance there. This incident made me lose my trust in you. False advertisement.
Paul M. from South Coast Acura responded on 10/17/2014

We as a staff have met and corrected a mistake that was made when providing you the estimate for your repair. As a true and honest mistake that will not happen again, and being that you have accepted my apologies in accepting my offer to provide additional recommended services at no additional cost to you. I humbly ask you to review your posting of our dealership as it would be much appreciated. Providing you and all of our clients top notch service is our goal.