Overall Rating 2.18/5Overall Rating 2.18/5rating 2.18rating 2.18rating 2.18

Daniel T.
Los Alamitos, CA
09/08/2015 Category: Service
First Scheduled Service for MDX
Promised time was severely understated resulting in waiting for 2 hrs at dealership.

AL
Angel L.
Garden Grove, CA
08/24/2015 Category: Service
OK customer service
I was told I would be getting a call the morning I dropped off my car with details of issue, did not get a call and when I called I was placed on hold for 15min, I had to hang up and called back for my update.
Christen D., Customer Relations Manager from South Coast Acura responded on 08/27/2015

Hi Angel, thank you for the feedback. We do take all customer complaints and feedback into consideration in order to better serve you. Currently we are in the process of implementing a new plan that structures our service team to get to each customer quicker, even when we are at our busiest. We've also begun hiring more employees in our parts and service department in order to better assist each customer in a timely manner during the service process. I apologize for the inconvience as you and your business are very important to us here at South Coast Acura. The next time you come in I hope you will find our new process to be an improvement in comparison to your previous experience. Drive Safe!

Chris S.
06/10/2015 Category: Service
Good Service But....
Went in for the airbag recall repair. It took seven weeks to get the parts. The driver's side was installed very quickly but for some reason they forgot to install the passenger's side. I had to bring it back the following week. They did do a vehicle inspection and did not notice any other issues.

ZM
Zarni M.
Westminster, CA
ACURA RDX
05/05/2015 Category: Service
So So
my 2014 acura rdx ac quit working. went there for service since I bought it from there and closet acura dealer from my house. I requested for a car wash after they fixed my car. I received a loaner car and left my car for 5 days. when I returned and picked up my car, it is still not being wash. service adviser promised me to bring it back in next time and he will give a free detail wash. I tried to called him a few time and left voice messages but he never call me back. Finally able to reach him through email and he set up the appointment for a car wash. I brought it back today for malfunctioning Bluetooth and reminded other service advisor to give me the car wash. My car was bring back to the front without being wash.
Paul M. from South Coast Acura responded on 05/11/2015

Zarni,

I apologize for the car wash issues you have had with our department. That normally doesn't happen unless our client is in a hurry and declines the wash. Please let me know when you are available so that we can get your car all cleaned up for you.
The last thing we need is a not so clean Acura on the road.
So please contact me so that we can make it right!

Thank you for your feedback.

Megan C.
Corona Del Mar, CA
ACURA RDX
04/18/2015 Category: Service
SoSO
Didn't do 3 of the 5 items I asked them to check on when I brought my car in.

HV
Hung V.
Tustin, CA
04/04/2015 Category: Service
Terrible customer service
I called South Coast Acura to set-up an appointment and got hang-up on twice. When I got there i waiting 20min while one person was helping a customer and the other one got done with his and went back there and talk to someone in the back and forgot I was waiting. I've taken my car to South Coast Acura for 5 years already and this is the first time Id a bad experience. I'll not be coming back
Paul M. from South Coast Acura responded on 04/06/2015

Hello Hung,

I apologize for the failure on your last service visit. I don't know what happened with the phone call but our receptionist are instructed to never hang up on anyone for any reason. They are only to redirect the calls if needed. As far as the wait time. We have taken deep consideration for wait times from all our clients and have added a third service advisor to help speed things along. We have also added two more technicians to move along vehicles within our department. Through all the years I've helped you personally prior to this visit, I hope you would give us another change to show our efforts to improving.

WC
William C.
Huntington Beach, CA
ACURA TL HPT
03/29/2015 Category: Service
Good Car Service, Not Great Customer Service
The service on my car was basic. The service was completed in a timely manner. The only negative thing was waiting to speak with someone in the service center when I dropped off my car, and when I picked it up. One of the service members was helping another customer for at least 5 minutes while I stood there with no acknowledgement when I brought my car in at my scheduled appointment time. Upon picking my car up, it was also a few minutes before I was acknowledged.
Paul M. from South Coast Acura responded on 04/06/2015

William,

We have taken our clients wait time concerns very seriously and have added a third service advisor to help speed things up. He actually started on the first of this month. I believe this will help with getting our clients processed much quicker.

Raymond S.
Newport Beach, CA
ACURA UT MDX TOUR PKG
12/09/2014 Category: Service
it's ok
you have a good business and good people working for you however my last experience was not so good, the air bag recall, I come in to pick it up and only one was done and I was told that I had to come back for the other, andthat you would call me but no call now for two weeks. also your regularly priced maintenance is waay over priced sometimes if you have a special you are competetive but most of the time not. And in this economy affordability is crucial.
Paul M. from South Coast Acura responded on 12/09/2014

Sir,

It is unfortunate that one the recalled parts were out of stock by the manufacturer and is way beyond our control. That part for the recall is expected to be released sometime this week to fill our many orders for it. Being out of our control I would ask that you reconsider the failing grade we as a staff have recieved for a back order part out of our control. As far as our prices, we are the best priced Acura dealership in the area. We meet or beat our competitors prices which 9.5 out of 10 times are much higher than ours. We are competitive without our specials, and with them, well why would you go anywhere else? We offer fo much for so little. You get a larger value for less than what you would spend somewhere else. Again please reconsider our failing grade and be aware that our orders will be filling soon and a call for your appointment is coming.

Paul M. from South Coast Acura responded on 12/12/2014

Sir,

Our departmenthas tried calling you at the phone number on file. Your part is now in stock and ready to install. Please contact our appointment desk at (714)979-2500 to schedule an apointment to have the vehicle updated.

ZC
Zachary C.
Houston, TX
INFINITI QX56
08/20/2014 Category: Service
Good place, not great
I purchased a vehicle out of state. They very very understanding and helpful with the process at first with by letting an inspector look over the vehicle since I'm out of state and could not see it in person. However, once my money was received things changed. I was told that my vehicle would be delivered on a Saturday, my vehicle did not arrive until the next Monday and nobody could get in touch with the driver delivering my vehicle. I was told that I would receive money back from them and have not gotten a penny. I was also told that my title would be overnighted once they had my money. It took over a month for me to get my title after purchase and delivery. I had to pay a late fee in taxes and registration due to the lack of timeliness on the dealership. Chad was helpful however once he knew about the problem. The people there were good to work with at first, but once money was received could not get in touch with anybody until I had to start raising my voice with people on voicemail and reception. If you live in California it would probably be a good place to purchase a vehicle, but if you are out of state make sure you ask as many questions as possible before committing.

WH
Wayne H.
07/29/2014 Category: Service
Great Customer Service
My car was misdiagnosed and I payed 400.00 for a valve adjustment when the problem was an EGR valve that needed cleaned. Although I had to come back twice to drop off my car I was not charged for the EGG valve cleaning. I still paid more than I should have for the valve adjustment the first time around. On a positive note there were no other problems with my 105,000 maintenance performed.

RL
Ruben L.
07/27/2014 Category: Service
Stains
Just took The car for an oil change and They Washed the car but left grease stains inside, plus took my cleaning towel.... My car interior is ivory I can see those stains clearly.

Michelle M.
Newport Beach, CA
06/07/2014 Category: Service
Need more seats in lobby
Everything was ok. Not excellent but not bad.

Sharla H.
Huntington Beach, CA
05/25/2014 Category: Service
Mixed feelings
This is a tough one, because if I was rating the professionalism and personality of Paul Mendoza (who wasn't even my service manager but was by far the most helpful), I would give it five stars. He is a really good guy and a huge asset to Acura. That being said, this is a mixed review because I have owned my pre-owned vehicle for 4 months and this is the third time (second at this dealership) that my car has been seen for the same issue - this time they provided me a loaner vehicle and kept my car for over ten days. Super frustrated with that. I am recommending them, but with reservation, as my experience was not amazing, but Paul is a good guy and maybe my situation was an isolated one. I will go back the next time my car needs repairs and hope that things run more efficiently then.

Diana C.
ACURA TL AUTO-NAVI
05/10/2014 Category: Service
Service dept
On my last visit it took well over an hour more of the time I was told it was going to take. 21/2 hrs for an oil change.. And even when I was told that's car was ready and was being brought over , it still took them 20 min to bring it over. This was not a good experience. I was very disappointed.