Latest Review over 2 years ago

Ralph R.
Newport Beach, CA
09/26/2015 Category: Sales
Management and sales unresponsive to the needs of the customer
Promises made during the financing were not kept as initially stated. Traded in a 2013 with low mileage for a 2016. The trade in had equity. was initially informed that we would have a check in four days. Then told that they would have to wait for the title to be released. Then informed that they had to wait for funding. In short, it was almost 2 weeks before we went into the dealership and "everything has been funded" and received the check. Not a very honest management.

VM
Vladimir M.
ACURA RDX
07/31/2015 Category: Service
SC Acura is too busy on Friday and expensive
For a simple oil change, this place is overpriced and too expensive to consider.
I needed an oil change and waited >30 min to get my car dropped off (which is more time than other place to finish the oil change).
Paul M. from South Coast Acura responded on 08/10/2015

Mr. Matveyenko,

I apologize for the inconvinience of the wait time to see an advisor. As far as the service, your vehicle was do for an A1 service which is a little more that just an oil change, is what was discussed in detail, and you happily agreed to the time to complete as well as the cost for the service. The vehicle was ready when promised and at the agreed upon service cost. If there is something else that you would like to discuss or I am inacurate with my memory of the transaction, please feel free to contact me via email.

Paul.Mendoza@SouthCoastAcura.com

HD
Harvey D.
ACURA CL
04/12/2015 Category: Service
I had to bring back my car for major oil leak
I've been taken my car to South Coast Acura for many years for maintenance services. I got 312,000 miles on this car so far and got no oil leak at all. I was happy with their services until last March 2015 service. I discovered a very bad oil leak at bottom of transmission block after 1 day of that service. I have graded 2 as an average of my last 2 services.
I took the car back, and the diagnosis was rear back oil seal leaked. I had asked to have my gear compression checked, regular oil change, and others before this leak; however, having discovered this leak the next day was too much of a coincidence to consider. I checked & didn't see road check activity after that major service as i had noticed with other previous services. In addition, i didn't have the work order sent to me after taking the car back for almost a week and being explicitly requested.
I've been driven for over 2 weeks now without issue after the last service to fix the leak. The engine is running with high pitched sound that is different from before, and I have been tracking to see for any bad effect yet. For now, i don't feel like to recommend this business to others until no other "coincidence" discovered.

TH
Tai H.
Cypress, CA
ACURA TL
01/07/2015 Category: Service
oil and tire change
The service takes 4 hours just to change 4 tires and oil changed when the customer is waiting

VC
Venus C.
Santa Ana, CA
12/31/2014 Category: Service
New Tires Installation - Bad
Had 3 new tires installed. One of the tires had a bad leak. Lucky I reached home when I found out. HAD TO USE MY SPARE TO DRIVE BACK TO DEALER TO HAVE THE BAD NEW TIRE SEALED PROPERLY.
Paul M. from South Coast Acura responded on 12/31/2014

Ms Cruz,

I apologize for the inconvenience. It is not a normal occurance to have a bad tire pressure sensor seal especially after putting on a few new tires. I do see that the leak was corrected and I trust that there are no further issues. If you would like to discuss this in further detail please dont hesitate to give me call.

TH
Tuan H.
Santa Ana, CA
12/16/2014 Category: Service
very poor customer service this time. It does not looks like the place is that busy, but I got an impression that the service advisers are overloaded
I brough mu MDX in several times for routine mainternance, and I have not been that impressed about the coordination between the mechanics on the floor and the service advisers. The last time I brough my MDX in for the Line Header replacement, my car was was over one day later despite my repeat calls to make it clear to the service adviser that I need the car back as soon as possible. The excuses I were given that the service was more involved than he initially thought, and the worst one I was given was my car was not the only one they were working on (That is why we need appointmnet, right?)
Paul M. from South Coast Acura responded on 12/16/2014

Kind Sir,

After viewing your service department visit, I see that the repair was a very large job in that the headliner was replaced. These types of repairs are very time consuming. I dont know what type of time estimate was given, but it should have been about 4-5 days to compensate for the unexpected when removing so much of the vehicles interior to perform this type of repair. We are working to train our associates to contact our clientele multiple times a day to be sure you all are kept up to date with the progress of your vehicles. There is no excuse for not keeping in touch with you during the process, but please be assured we are working to correct that immediately. We have added another member to our repair team to make the turn around time for our vehicles much more managable for our clients. Thank you for your understanding and if there is anything I can do personally to help your visit be top notch as we are working to improve, please let me know.

KT
Kenny T.
Westminster, CA
11/13/2014 Category: Service
The car problem was not fixed!
After spending 4hrs at the dealership, my car problem came back as before I took it in.
Paul M. from South Coast Acura responded on 11/13/2014

Mr. Tran,
If you are having a problem with your vehicle I would ask that we set up an appointment to recheck the vehicle.  Especially since the issue was fixed as you stated it "came back." A chance to correct the issue a make another customer happy is all we ask. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Dane B.
Long Beach, CA
BMW 3 SERIES
09/12/2014 Category: Sales
Lies and run arounds.
When i purchased my car it didnt have a radio. I was told a new radio had been ordered and i should bring the car back in two working days to get the new radio installed. After calling for a week and bringing the car in only to be told id have to wait hours just to get my car into the mechanic and booking a 7:30am appointment nearly a week and a half after the purchase of the car i finalyy got a radio put in the car. But it wasnt a new one. It was the old faulty radio that was originally taken out of the car.

SN
Sophie N.
Westminster, CA
ACURA ILX
08/06/2014 Category: Service
Service department was not good
Waited too long for my car. It took almost 4 hours waiting in the lobby. The service rep said it would only be a little over 2 hours. Waiting area is too small and the kids area was too loud.
Honda's customer service was much better.

EN
Eliz N.
Orange, CA
06/02/2014 Category: Sales
just be careful
Before we bought the MDX Technology 2014 from this dealer, we had been to many dealers and looked at the same car. We know that all the one we looked at came with Michelin tires. We decided to buy the MDX from SouthCoast Acura because the price was reasonable. When we came to purchase the car we checked over everything but we overlooked the tires until the next day. The car that was sold to us came with a set of Continental tires and not Michelin. We mentioned it to the floor sales representative and of course the answer was there is not much he can do. Again, I understand this was our fault for overlooking this but just be careful. They might have advertised that they will beat any other dealers price but at the end they still get your money in a different way.

Dawn R.
ACURA RL
06/02/2014 Category: Service
Just ok-
Took over an hour longer than promised for a supposedly easy service.

TJ
Timothy J.
Ladera Ranch, CA
ACURA RLX NAVI
05/25/2014 Category: Service
Nice staff, poor follow through
I purchased a certified pre-owned vehicle expecting that everything would be ready on the vehicle when I purchased it. The vehicle did not go through an inspection or detail prior to me picking it up. Then it turns out that I need to come to the dealership twice to fix the same problem, which would have been caught if the car was inspected. After not having my new car for almost a week total, I pick it up and it wasn't washed or vacuumed. Not very good attention to detail.