TG
TODD G.
Santa Cruz, CA
02/10/2019
Customer Service and quality work
Stephan continues to impress me with his customer service and quality work. Can not recommend his shop highly enough.

JAN W.
Lexus ES 300 Luxury Sport Sdn
02/10/2019
Like taking your car to your favorite brother-in-law
Have been going to Stephan's for over 10 years. Never disappointed. Friendly people, They work hard to make it a good experience for both your and your car. I trust them. Their work holds up well and have never gotten the mechanic's sneer from anyone there. I have recommended them to many friends.

TL
Taylor L.
Severna Park, MD
01/23/2019 Category: Service
Taylor said that the place was thorough, saved them a lot of money and heartache and were nice and welcoming.

JOE W.
01/15/2019
Great job on maintaining 1.8 turbo
After a year with the new 1.8 turbo engine an oil leak appeared from the valve cover. Stephans did a great job of fixing it and steam cleaning the engine and all under warranty. Great service as always.

Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
01/13/2019
Very professional
They completed the work in the time frame estimated.

TH
Tanisha H.
Volkswagen New Beetle Coupe
12/28/2018 Category: Service
Tanisha said that the place provided her with great customer service and the staff was nice.

BRUCE H.
12/16/2018
Good Running Westy
My westy has never run so good. Thanks guys.

JOEL C.
12/07/2018
Great work
Very communicative and clear with what work was recommended and what the cost would be. Fast efficient service.

AC
ANTHONY C.
Volkswagen New Beetle
12/03/2018
Awesome service and staff!
Listened and exercised patience, communicated honestly throughout the process, and didn’t try to bs me or sell me... Not to mention excellent work!

TR
TOM R.
Volkswagen EuroVan
11/21/2018
Personable - Trustworthy - Extremely Considerate
Each employee I have encountered over many years has been kind, honest, and patient with me - never condescending or disingenuous. The service is excellent and accommodating. They do their work well, and they stand behind it.

TC
THOM C.
Volkswagen Passat Sedan
11/15/2018
Still the best shop in town
I have heard other people talking about other Volkswagen shops in town, and it's never all good. "OH ******** is good if you have [insert specific situation] but I've been disappointed by [insert situation]," or "I like ******** and they're great, but hard to get an appointment/they take a couple days," and so on.

Stephan's Auto Haus never fails to deliver service, both promised and estimated, and follow-up. His technicians and office staff know their work and the cars and know how to get it done right the first time.

Hard not to be loyal to a shop like this.

Jason P.
11/14/2018 Category: Service
Jason said the business got the job done thoroughly.

DAVE P.
Volkswagen
11/12/2018
Customer service is fantastic
I have had several of my vehicles over here for repairs in the last five years. Every time i get great service and my cars turn out amazing. I just had an engine worked on and I cannot believe how beautiful and smooth it runs. Thank you to all of the hard working staff. Dave

Kevin S.
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
10/31/2018 Category: Service
Kevin said the service was really good. The work was done fast. The service was easy.

CL
Conrad L.
West Sacramento, CA
10/16/2018 Category: Service
Conrad said he would recommend this business for service.

GM
GRETA M.
Bayside, CA
10/15/2018
Great customer support
Stephan's Auto Haus defies the dominant social norms of mysogeny. Identifying as female, I am accustomed to receiving poor treatment at male-dominated auto repair shops. I have been belittled, ignored and overcharged too many times to count over the many years of various vehicle ownership. Work promised by other shops has not been done and parts have been swapped for lesser ones without my knowledge. I was pleasantly surprised to find that both my vehicle and myself were treated very well at Stephan's Auto Haus! They gained my trust as I handed over the keys to my vintage vehicle for a total rebuild. I was able to hang out in their customer waiting area and keep on top of various decisions that needed to be made. I felt included and it made a huge difference in the overall experience.

MARK L.
Oakland, CA
10/02/2018
Stephan’s goes above and beyond for VW Vanagons
I had bought a 1990 VW Vanagon from a previous owner in SF who had gotten the 1.9t engine swap and quite a few upgrades from Stephan’s in Sacramento. Though it’s a bit of a trek out I’m so glad to continue to get my van work done here.

They were able to make some repairs for me under warranty for the engine work despite the transfer of ownership. It seems no task is too big or small, as I’ve gotten quite a bit done: pop top replaced, proper heater install, rear heater delete kit and subwoofer install, install front power remote locks and alarm from GoWesty, futon mattress upgrade, various small fixes like the glove box map light, the list goes on! And that was just on one visit.They are accommodating and happy to install gear you’ve purchased online.

Scotty at the front of the house is always very responsive via email and phone. Thanks guys!

PD
Peter D.
09/29/2018 Category: Service
Peter said the staff was friendly and the service was great.

DAVID L.
Poway, CA
09/17/2018
Competence Above All
I bought an '89 Syncro with Stephans' 1.8T conversion in 2011, which included all the bells and whistles available at the time. I'm an amateur mechanic, owned lots of Jaguars starting with a '55 XK140 purchased in 1986, so not unfamiliar with car maintenance. The Syncro is something more than I can handle these days, though, so I get the work done by pros. In the San Diego area there are several good options for getting this done, but some of my results have been unsatisfactory and left the vehicle with long-standing problems that began to interfere with enjoyment of the thing. So, I went to the source, SAH, with a long list of issues of deferred maintenance and poor quality repairs. When I got it back, after a week of work, it was a different vehicle! All the issues I'd identified had been dealt with, and some serious deficiencies in the drivetrain that the shop identified (I had requested a thorough inspection so I'd be ready for some 4-wheeling in the Escalante territory) had been dealt with.

Thanks guys, you are real pros, and it was a pleasure to deal with Scotty the service manager. He's a great communicator with a unique style!

PK
Peter K.
Audi TT
09/12/2018 Category: Service
Peter said that he is completely satisfied.