JOEL C.
12/07/2018
Great work
Very communicative and clear with what work was recommended and what the cost would be. Fast efficient service.

AC
ANTHONY C.
Volkswagen New Beetle
12/03/2018
Awesome service and staff!
Listened and exercised patience, communicated honestly throughout the process, and didn’t try to bs me or sell me... Not to mention excellent work!

TR
TOM R.
Volkswagen EuroVan
11/21/2018
Personable - Trustworthy - Extremely Considerate
Each employee I have encountered over many years has been kind, honest, and patient with me - never condescending or disingenuous. The service is excellent and accommodating. They do their work well, and they stand behind it.

TC
THOM C.
Volkswagen Passat Sedan
11/15/2018
Still the best shop in town
I have heard other people talking about other Volkswagen shops in town, and it's never all good. "OH ******** is good if you have [insert specific situation] but I've been disappointed by [insert situation]," or "I like ******** and they're great, but hard to get an appointment/they take a couple days," and so on.

Stephan's Auto Haus never fails to deliver service, both promised and estimated, and follow-up. His technicians and office staff know their work and the cars and know how to get it done right the first time.

Hard not to be loyal to a shop like this.

Jason P.
11/14/2018 Category: Service
Jason said the business got the job done thoroughly.

DAVE P.
Volkswagen
11/12/2018
Customer service is fantastic
I have had several of my vehicles over here for repairs in the last five years. Every time i get great service and my cars turn out amazing. I just had an engine worked on and I cannot believe how beautiful and smooth it runs. Thank you to all of the hard working staff. Dave

Kevin S.
Volkswagen Jetta Sedan
10/31/2018 Category: Service
Kevin said the service was really good. The work was done fast. The service was easy.

CL
Conrad L.
West Sacramento, CA
10/16/2018 Category: Service
Conrad said he would recommend this business for service.

GM
GRETA M.
Bayside, CA
10/15/2018
Great customer support
Stephan's Auto Haus defies the dominant social norms of mysogeny. Identifying as female, I am accustomed to receiving poor treatment at male-dominated auto repair shops. I have been belittled, ignored and overcharged too many times to count over the many years of various vehicle ownership. Work promised by other shops has not been done and parts have been swapped for lesser ones without my knowledge. I was pleasantly surprised to find that both my vehicle and myself were treated very well at Stephan's Auto Haus! They gained my trust as I handed over the keys to my vintage vehicle for a total rebuild. I was able to hang out in their customer waiting area and keep on top of various decisions that needed to be made. I felt included and it made a huge difference in the overall experience.

MARK L.
Oakland, CA
10/02/2018
Stephan’s goes above and beyond for VW Vanagons
I had bought a 1990 VW Vanagon from a previous owner in SF who had gotten the 1.9t engine swap and quite a few upgrades from Stephan’s in Sacramento. Though it’s a bit of a trek out I’m so glad to continue to get my van work done here.

They were able to make some repairs for me under warranty for the engine work despite the transfer of ownership. It seems no task is too big or small, as I’ve gotten quite a bit done: pop top replaced, proper heater install, rear heater delete kit and subwoofer install, install front power remote locks and alarm from GoWesty, futon mattress upgrade, various small fixes like the glove box map light, the list goes on! And that was just on one visit.They are accommodating and happy to install gear you’ve purchased online.

Scotty at the front of the house is always very responsive via email and phone. Thanks guys!

PD
Peter D.
09/29/2018 Category: Service
Peter said the staff was friendly and the service was great.

DAVID L.
Poway, CA
09/17/2018
Competence Above All
I bought an '89 Syncro with Stephans' 1.8T conversion in 2011, which included all the bells and whistles available at the time. I'm an amateur mechanic, owned lots of Jaguars starting with a '55 XK140 purchased in 1986, so not unfamiliar with car maintenance. The Syncro is something more than I can handle these days, though, so I get the work done by pros. In the San Diego area there are several good options for getting this done, but some of my results have been unsatisfactory and left the vehicle with long-standing problems that began to interfere with enjoyment of the thing. So, I went to the source, SAH, with a long list of issues of deferred maintenance and poor quality repairs. When I got it back, after a week of work, it was a different vehicle! All the issues I'd identified had been dealt with, and some serious deficiencies in the drivetrain that the shop identified (I had requested a thorough inspection so I'd be ready for some 4-wheeling in the Escalante territory) had been dealt with.

Thanks guys, you are real pros, and it was a pleasure to deal with Scotty the service manager. He's a great communicator with a unique style!

PK
Peter K.
Audi TT
09/12/2018 Category: Service
Peter said that he is completely satisfied.

John W.
Volkswagen Passat
08/25/2018 Category: Service
John said he had a good experience, and he was pleased with the work done.

DF
Doreen F.
08/24/2018 Category: Service
Doreen said the staff did a good job, and were pleasant. The service took 2 days but that was ok for her.

ES
Emily S.
California
Volkswagen EuroVan
08/07/2018 Category: Service
Emily said the business did a good job. Although it took a while to get the part in that her vehicle needed, they kept good communication with her so that she knew what to expect.

Steven H.
West Sacramento, CA
Toyota Camry Solara
07/28/2018 Category: Service
Steven said he would recommend this business.

DAVID B.
07/16/2018
On the Road Again!
I'm thankful to be on the road, again, thanks to Stephan's! My Westy had developed a fuel leak issue, and they did a great job, helping to fix this. All staff are friendly, and I really appreciate the effort they put into the repairs and safety upgrades. (A Blazecut fire suppression system has now been installed by Stephan's, so this safety upgrade is greatly appreciated!) The fog lights now work, again, too, and the engine is running great...what more could you ask for? Great shop and people!

EW
ERIC W.
07/11/2018
Professional Vanagon repair
Finally, people who know how to keep older VW vehicles in top running condition. My 1987 VW Vanagon with 245,000 miles needed many major parts replaced and Stephan's did a great job. These people know how to repair and restore.

Charles S.
Ojai, CA
07/11/2018 Category: Service
Charles said the work took longer than expected but was very good.