4.6

Overall Rating 4.8771932/5Overall Rating 4.8771932/5Overall Rating 4.8771932/5Overall Rating 4.8771932/5rating 4.8771932
Overall Rating 2.2193/5Overall Rating 2.2193/5rating 2.2193rating 2.2193rating 2.2193

Jeremy S.
Grinnell, IA
2019 Hyundai Elantra
10/28/2019 Category: Service
Called and apologized
Dealership called immediately and apologized. Made some compensations to us. I appreciate this very much. We worked together and came to a resolution.

10/28/2019 Category: Service
Time wasted
Communication and service blows.
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 10/28/2019

Good afternoon Jeremy,

I am very sorry to hear that your key fob programming was not completed in a timely manner. I would like to speak to you further concerning this. I look forward to speaking to you soon.

515-253-3039

West Des Moines, IA
2008 Hyundai Sonata
08/29/2019 Category: Service
Appt. Review
Everyone has been professional, friendly, compassionate, & understanding. They have explained what needs to be done & in terms I can understand.

08/29/2019 Category: Service
Review of car appt.
Usually Stew Hansen Hyundai (SHH) has been professional, friendly, understanding, & caring, However, this experience was not that great. Read my previous notes. However, my next appt. was great. I'll still recommend SHH to other people.
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 08/29/2019

I am very sorry to hear about your experience and how it was handled. Your time is very valuable and I am sorry that the repairs did not go as planned. I would like the opportunity to speak to you on this matter and will be in contact with you shortly.

Ankit S.
Wdm, IA
08/27/2019 Category: Service
Great Service after this hiccup
After I made hyundai service station aware of the issue everything fell into place. They left no stones unturned in trying to resolve my issue. They even came to my place , picked up the car and did whatever they could to resolve it and delivered the car on time. Thank you .!!!!

08/27/2019 Category: Service
Pathetic!!!!
They fixed nothing but I was charged for it!!! 0 stars but unfortunately there is no option for that hence settling with 1 stat
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 08/29/2019

Good morning Ankit,

I appreciate all the feedback that you have provided. I am very sorry to hear how your service visit was handled. I will be contacting you by phone today to discuss this further. I look forward to speaking to you and correcting our mistakes. Thank you.

Mile C.
2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
08/05/2019 Category: Service
Stew Hansen Hyundai
Excellent Great service (Izzo-Tony-Nick -Steve). 5 stars Thank you!

08/05/2019 Category: Service
Mile C
My 2019 santa fe is in repair for 1 MONTH. They Try to Cheat me though i own 4 Hyundai. Very SAD
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 08/06/2019

Good afternoon Mile,

I completely understand and sympathize with your position. It is very frustrating to have your vehicle down in service especially for extended periods at a time. Rest assured that Stew Hansen Hyundai will always repair your car as quick as possible. You have been most patient during this process and for that I thank you. Please reach out to me if you have any further concerns.

NJ
Nathan J.
Grimes, IA
08/03/2019 Category: Service
Better!
After talking with the service manager my issue has been addressed, and more importantly he had had a discussion with his techs to prevent this issue from happening in the future.

08/03/2019 Category: Service
Needs a little improvement
Had my Sonata in for a couple recalls on 7/29. Was offered a free oil change, which I gratefully accepted, however I am a professional auto technician by trade and normally do all repairs myself, and it is therefore natural to me to double check work done to my vehicle. Long story short upon doing so I found that my air cleaner element had been checked but not correctly reinstalled. I understand mistakes are to be made, but there aren't many easier air filters to install in this industry than one for a 2011 Sonata. Otherwise service, communication, facilities, and all other aspects of service were excellent.
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 08/05/2019

Good morning Nathan,

I apologize that your air filter was not reinstalled correctly. It is a pretty simple thing to do and should have been completed correctly. I will address this with the technician right away. I will reach out to you soon to discuss this in greater detail. Thank you.

07/06/2019 Category: Service
Great Job
Great service and great job righting wrongs.

07/06/2019 Category: Service
NA
NA
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 07/08/2019

I apologize for any confusion in regards to your vehicles MPI report. I did look back to your last service and found that on the MPI the air filter was marked as needing replacement but it sounds as though that was not communicated to you. I will address this with my staff right away to ensure this does not happen in the future. Once again, my sincerest apologies for any confusion this has caused. I will reach out to you soon to discuss further.

ST
Stan T.
Des Moines, IA
07/01/2019 Category: Service
Customer Service
Thank you for taking the time to read my review and reaching out to me regarding the wheel alignment observation! It speaks a lot when a company swiftly acts by reaching out to a customer and apologizing and going above and beyond to ensure great service is provided. You certainly have earned my trust and respect and overall great appreciation by this simple action!

07/01/2019 Category: Service
Car Services
I enjoy going to the the dealer shop because I know I can depend on the correct service. However, they did not do the alignment check on the last couple of visit. Is this still offered? I can see the machines.
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 07/01/2019

Good morning Stan,

I sincerely apologize that your alignment was not checked. You are correct that should be done every time you visit as I would agree that it is very important to know the status of your cars alignment. I will be in contact with you shortly to discuss this with you further. Thank you.

WW
Wayne W.
Ames, IA
06/05/2019 Category: Service
Wayne W
Provided reimbursement for repair that needed follow up out of town. Tony and Jordan are a great team. They won my business back for future servicing.

06/05/2019 Category: Service
Wayne W.
Great timeliness of repair. Unfortunately did not address all my car's concerns.
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 06/05/2019

Hello Wayne,

I apologize that all your concerns were not addressed during your visit. I will be in contact with you soon so we can get this resolved.

Sincerley,

Indianola, IA
05/28/2019 Category: Service
My advisor Ryan
Communicatfed well and was very polite

05/28/2019 Category: Service
Better customer service
I was pleased with the treatment of my car which is the priority for sure but I felt very dismissed as a customer, communicating with the dealership is difficult and frustrating. Based on mechanics I would recommend this dealership based on customer service I would not
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 05/29/2019

Thank you for providing us your feedback. I am very sorry that we did not provide good communication with you during your visit. It is our goal that you will like your service experience as much as it sounds as though you like your Hyundai. I would like to speak to you further to address your concerns. I will be in contact with you soon. Thank you.

Story City, IA

05/17/2019 Category: Service
eguieg
iuhgieghiaoncviehgwehgwoe
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 05/17/2019

I appreciate the feedback you have provided and apologize for any inconvenience that our parts availability may have caused you. I would like the opportunity to speak to you further on this and will be contacting you soon. Thank you.

Des Moines, IA
04/15/2019 Category: Service
Repair
Repair took to long due to waiting on part.

04/15/2019 Category: Service
I contacted corporate office and spoke with them on Friday and on Monday all of a sudden my car was done it’s still kind of suspicious that it took corporate to make a move not sure if that’s what happened
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 04/15/2019

I sincerely apologize for the parts delay for your vehicle. It can be very frustrating when your vehicle is down and parts are unavailable. I will be in contact with you today to discuss further. Thank you.

JN
Jake N.
Clive, IA
04/12/2019 Category: Service
THEY ARE AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!
THEY GOT MY PART IN AND FIXED IT FASTER THAN THEY SAID !!!! THEY PROVED THEY WANT EVERYONES BUSINESS !!!!!!!!!!

04/12/2019 Category: Service
HELLO
PLEASE CALL ME & LET ME KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON !!!!!
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 04/15/2019

Hello Jake,

I apologize that my staff has not communicated to you about your special order part. We tried to reach out to you on Saturday but were unsuccessful. We will try again today. We look forward to speaking with you. Thank you.

PT
Patricia T.
04/02/2019 Category: Service

04/02/2019 Category: Service
Issue taken care of!
Nick and team did a great job of reaching out to me and getting my problems solved. Thank you!
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 04/02/2019

Good morning Patricia,

I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues with a trouble light. I will have your advisor contact you right away to make arrangements to have your car picked up so we can look into this further. I apologize for any inconvenience.

VM
Vicki M.
03/18/2019 Category: Service
Tony called to make it right with me !!!
I was a bit upset about my visit and service on my car with only 2500 miles on it!! I had chopping paint on right fender. Tony reviewed with me about my visit and I am totally happy with how he resolved the problem!!! Excellent!!

03/18/2019 Category: Service
Somewhat upset!!
I had damage on my passenger side rear wheel and I ask for a estimate on it while I was there...did not get... also need appt for check up on the shift problems. Did not get this either. I will go to get my own estimate this week. I got on today from a body shop in Ankeny. I will go to your this week.... Nick indicated that it would not be covered... I have had this car for 3 1/2 months have 2600 miles on. I expect this TOO BE COVERED!!!
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 03/19/2019

Good morning Vicki,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. I really apologize that you did not get an estimate or an appointment for your shift concerns. I would like to assist in taking care of both of these for you. I will contact you shortly to see how I can help facilitate those requests. I look forward to speaking with you.

2016 Hyundai Accent
03/11/2019 Category: Service
Problem solved
The problem as been addressed and solved with a timely and respectful manner.

03/11/2019 Category: Service
Took to many trips to fix a simple problem
I took my car into the service department at Stew Hansen to have the rear defrost fixed. They told me it was fixed but it wasn't so I had to bring it back. When I brought it back, they did fix it but broke something else in the process, which resulted in me having to bring it back a third time to get that fixed.
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 03/12/2019

I am very sorry to hear how your service went on your recent service visit. Our goal is to get your repairs fixed right the first time and it sounds as though that did not happen. Although accidents do happen I know how much of an inconvenience it can be when you must make multiple visits to have a repair completed. Your time is of utmost importance to us and i sincerely apologize for the need of multiple visits. I will be in contact with you shortly to discuss further. Thank you.

Timothy B.
Duncombe, IA
03/08/2019 Category: Service
Good experience.
The staff are very helpful and knowledgable. Devin the service rep was right on it and took great care of me and my concerns. Facilities are very clean and accessable.

03/08/2019 Category: Service
Helpful, friendly staff and clean comfortable facilities.
I was not thrilled to be told again that the tires were cupped and that is what is making the growling sound when driving. The staff and facilities are great, I am just disappointed that the tires need replaced after only 20,000 miles. (Actually much less mileage than that as the noise started several thousand miles ago) and we had to have the vehicle aligned to see if the problem would go away. I would recommend the dealership, but I would have done a lot more research and asked a lot more questions about the vehicle before purchasing to see if others had issues with tires/alignment.
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 03/08/2019

Hello Timothy,

I really appreciate your feedback about your vehicle. I am happy to hear that out staff was great but I would like the opportunity to speak to you about your tire situation. I will be in contact with you soon.

515-253-300

Benjamin B.
2013 Hyundai Veloster
03/07/2019 Category: Service
Stew Hansen Hyundai
They will try their best to resolve your issues.

03/07/2019 Category: Service
The people of Stew Hansen
My veloster has been riddled with problems the entire time I have had it. Stew Hansen always treated me like the bad guy. I used to have it only serviced by stew Hansen within the correct intervals but they have now accused me twice of modifying my car as means of voiding my warranty. The first time my speedometer and turbo blew at the same time. They pushed as hard as they could not to cover my car that only had 50k on it. They did not honor the warranty this time when the camshaft and turbo blew at the same time. A car should not go through two turbos in less than 100k. I truly believe if anyone at Hyundai was paying attention to the history I have had at stew hansons with this car; they would realize something was seriously wrong with the car. Long line of incorrect diagnoses. $160 for a car inspection just for them to plug in a code reader. Instead of telling me my timing chain is coming undone; they told me the problem with my car is I need a new engine. I told them that was not good enough. So they had an inspector come down. ($260) For a week I heard nothing and then I was told it would be covered. A full week passes and then I'm told it wouldn't be covered. They suggested I call consumer affairs who told me that they don't have control of that and that preowned cars warranties expire 5 years after the car is produced. I talked to the maintenance manager at stew and he told me to call Hyundai pre-owned. They all just pushed me around and in my opinion they tried to push the responsibility of my car getting warrantied on to me.
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 03/07/2019

Hello Benjamin,

I sincerely sympathize with your position. I assure you that we at Stew Hansen Hyundai want to be an advocate for you and your vehicle getting repaired. Unfortunately we are bound by the decisions of your extended service contract and must adhere to their final outcome. However, I would like the opportunity to speak to you in greater detail about this. I will contact you shortly.

Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 03/12/2019

Hello Benjamin,

I have made several attempts to contact you but have yet to be successful and am unable to leave a voicemail. I would still like the chance to speak to you about your concerns. Please call or email me at your earliest convenience. Thank you

tonyp@stewhansenhyundai.com

Waukee, IA
02/11/2019 Category: Service
Devin provided outstanding customer service
After a unpleasant with the Service Manager in regards to a question on had on my service, Devin who originally assisted me on my service followed up promptly and allowed me to explain my situation to him. He understood my concerns and that I look to keep my car in the best condition possible to allow me to drive it in all seasons. Now with a better understanding of the use of my vehicle and my service history, Devin has stepped up to assist me with my future needs with my vehicle. I am willing to give Stew Hansen's service another opportunity thanks to the outstanding customer service Devin provided.

02/11/2019 Category: Service
Lack of Inspection Integrity
I had to replace all 4 tires on my Tucson after 30k mi. The stock tires are awful and when i had my service no one told me the tread depth was 5/32 which according to industry standards should be replaced. The Service Department Manager stated that was an acceptable tread depth and my Tucson just isn’t a good car for living in Iowa. I went to another dealership, got new tires & now lu Tucson runs well. I will never use Stew Hansen’s for anything or recommend them.
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 02/12/2019

I am very sorry to hear about your disappointment with your Tuscon and our dealership as well. I would like to discuss your service experience in greater detail and will be in contact with you shortly. Thank you.

Raghunath S.
West Des Moines, IA
02/02/2019 Category: Service
Restore for stephanie
Good experience during service of car.

02/02/2019 Category: Service
Best by name
Ok
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 02/02/2019

Hello Raghunath,

I apologize if there was any confusion as to the oil your car is required to use. I am sure it is equally frustrating when that causes another mechanical issue. I will be in contact with you soon to speak to you about your service. I look forward to speaking with you.  Thank you.

AK
Andrew K.
Clive, IA
01/29/2019 Category: Service
Excellent Customer Service
Stew Hansen Hyundai has excellent customer service that far exceeded my expectations. They went out of their way ensure I was a happy customer. I appreciate the efforts Tony Pelham and his team have put into providing a professional, proactive, and respectful customer service department.

01/29/2019 Category: Service
Terrible Customer Service
Horrid communication by the service team, no vechicle inspection report, no explanation on anything when I was there in person, they didn’t call me when my vehicle was done, they didn’t wash my car as a part of the AdvanatgeCare program and I had to go find someone to talk to about it. There was zero sense of urgency or desire to please me as a customer or even talk to me, honestly. I was just another person that they had to deal with. Meanwhile the “Advisor” that helped me out and didn’t bother cracking a smile, didn’t tell me when my car was done, and didn’t bother speaking to me when I checked out, yet he had multiple “customer service” awards on the wall behind his desk and I had to laugh to myself. Don’t think I will be returning.
Tony P. from Stew Hansen Hyundai responded on 01/30/2019

Hello Andrew,

I would like to sincerely apologize for your service experience. The service you described is the exact opposite of how you should be taken care of. I am truly sorry you were treated in that manner. We take great pride in every one of our customers service experience and  hopefully we can earn your business back in the future.  I will be contacting you today to discuss further. Thank you.