Surgical Auto Repair Inc

John F.
10/21/2018
Avoid this auto shop
This phony mechanic shop is run by two women that sit at a desk and talk on the phone all day long. When I called them and ask if they can fix my Chrysler Crossfire they said sure no problem. I come to find out they do not have any mechanic at least I've never seen one in the three months my car was there. When they get a car that needs repairing they call in a mobile mechanic. My car was there for a simple fix, ignition jammed and key broke off in the cylinder. For 3 months I waited for them to find the correct parts with no luck. I went on eBay and found the part in one day. They installed the part and I told them to take the chip out of my old key fob and put it in the new key fob and don't program it. Of course these two women think they know everything and they try to program a chip that has already been programmed to my car they ruined the module and the chip, $2,200 worth of damage. I can't prove that they broke in it and so I can't sue. The best I could do is ruin there reputation.

UM
Uqm M.
New City, NY
06/04/2016
Bait & Switch
I went for an oil change based on an advertised special. I called and told the receptionist I wanted to take advantage of the special and told her the year and brand of my car. I also handed in the flyer when I arrived for my appointment and was assured that everything was included. Their special specified a tire rotation with an oil change which I wanted. <br> <br> I showed up promptly at 9 am for my appointment. After an hour's wait my car was finally attended to, then I was slapped with a bill 75% more than the advertised special. I paid, then objected and was offered a discount on my next oil change as refunding me would cost them $35. If doing business means gouging your customers, I certainly won't be returning. I know many mechanics who charge less for an oil change and tire rotation and certainly don't claim it costs them an arm and a leg to do a refund -nobody would do refunds if it cost that much. Thanks for a terrible experience. Never going back.

CG
Coralie G.
Scarsdale, NY
01/14/2015
Honest and efficient
Friendly, honest and professional. It was my first time bringing my car to them and I will now make it my go-to garage.

Linda M.
10/04/2013
YOUR IN GOOD HANDS WITH SANDRA & DONALD
I NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE WORK. THE ISSUE IS TAKEN CARE OF AND THE TRUST THAT THE CUSTOMER DEVELOPS SPEAKS FOR ITSELF.

Sam S.
New York, NY
Volvo S80
09/20/2013 Category: Service
Sam said he did not have any worries about this business. They serviced the vehicle well. He has already recommended this business to friends.

EC
Elaine C.
09/16/2013 Category: Service
Elaine said she has been dealing with this business for a long time and she has not had any problems with them. The personnel are the nicest people.

Alonzo JR. S.
Lexus ES 350
09/03/2013
the team at Surgical keep tract of your automotive needs
Donald and Sandra do quality work

Micheal G.
Volvo 940
08/12/2013 Category: Service
Micheal said the staff was very courteous, and they provide a prompt level of service.

Michele S.
Volkswagen Passat
08/11/2013
The compassion and care they have.
I had a wonderful experience here had lots of problems with my car paid alot to fix it and was always not sure of what was wrong but Donald took time to listen and was professional and found the problem will definetly recommend!

SV
Shawn V.
Mazda 6
08/09/2013
Great shop
A good mechanic is hard to find and they never let me down at surgical. Sandra and Donald are friendly fair and helpful. I would recommend surgical to anyone. I have been a loyal customer for 5 years now and have never had a bad experience. A++

LJ
Lesley J.
Mercedes-Benz S430
08/07/2013
good experience
Surgical is a company I would do business with again but I am impatient and need a garage that will do the job immediately and call me and be ready for me when I arrive

Rosetta S.
Volvo 850
07/30/2013 Category: Service
Rosetta said she still hears some noise, but she really does not know where it is coming from. She will wait a few weeks to see if it continues. Also, the spring on the door lock on the passenger's door is down and looks like it is locked all the time but it is really not.

Daphne R.
Volvo S70
07/30/2013 Category: Service
Daphne said they are really easy to work with and they explain everything to her so that she can understand what was done.

VL
Vanessa L.
07/19/2013 Category: Service
Vanessa said the service was very good.
SANDRA & DONALD R. from Surgical Auto Repair Inc responded on 07/26/2013
Hi Vanessa, we were happy to meet you for the first time, it was a pleasure serving you we look forward to seeing you again. Sandra & Donald

Maureen C.
Volkswagen Jetta
07/15/2013
professional, courteous, fair-pricing
Donald and Sandra are kind, friendly professionals who treat their customers with the utmost respect. As a woman who comes into a shop, I feel respected, and am treated like the intelligent person I am, who knows about her car and who can understand what needs to be done with my car. Donald and Sandra explain everything they are doing to the car. They get the best prices they can for parts and then charge a fair price for reparis. They are taking good care of my 1998 Jetta and give me their honest opinion on what my next steps should be with my old car. I would recommend them to anyone who like dealing with reliable, fair, honest, friendly car experts!!
SANDRA & DONALD R. from Surgical Auto Repair Inc responded on 07/15/2013
Hello Maureen, Thanks for a great review, we understand that listening to you and all our other custermers is always 100%. We value the respect that we show all customers, we are always happy to see you and we will try to keep your 98 jetta running as long as possible. Sandra & Donald

HD
Homer D.
White Plains, NY
07/12/2013 Category: Service
Homer said that the service was fine.
SANDRA & DONALD R. from Surgical Auto Repair Inc responded on 07/15/2013
Thanks Homer it's always nice to see you. Sandra & Donald

Marty R.
White Plains, NY
06/27/2013
Personal service is really great
returned to this small family run business after a few years away and received the same great service and attention to detail
SANDRA & DONALD R. from Surgical Auto Repair Inc responded on 07/02/2013
Hi Marty, It was so nice to see you after such a long time! Nice car, as always we strive to make our services & attention to detail better everyday. Sandra & Donald

HF
Howard F.
06/21/2013
Honest repair shop
I feel confident that the work that needs to be done to my cars will be done with care and expertise. I feel comfortable in doing business with Sandra and Donald, they are honest people and pleasant to deal with.
SANDRA & DONALD R. from Surgical Auto Repair Inc responded on 06/21/2013
Hi Howard, Thanks for this lovely review, as you know Good, Honest & Reliable Service is what we strive to offer every day. We love doing business with you. Sandra

Jeff B.
Lexus GS 300
05/25/2013 Category: Service
Jeff said the business did a good job.
SANDRA & DONALD R. from Surgical Auto Repair Inc responded on 06/13/2013
Hello Mr. Barns, It was a great pleasure serving you, we are happy that we could help.

Stephen M.
Bronxville, NY
Mercedes-Benz E320
05/24/2013 Category: Service
Stephen said Donald and Sandra are wonderful. He is scheduled for an air conditioning check in June. He said Sandra lets him know when to come in. He enjoys doing business with them.