DN
Dan N.
California
07/25/2017 Category: Service
Dan said he asked the employee about a price on a drive line and even gave him the serial number. The employee ordered the part but Dan did not ask him too. It wasn't a win situation for anybody. He has known the employee for 35 years.
Steve V. from Van's Automotive responded on 07/26/2017

First off Dan I am the person you spoke with Steve Vanlandingham Owner not employee so you don't know me very well. Second I dealt with the wrong parts you supplied twice & I then researched replacement parts as well as having a driveshaft shop tell me the shaft was not rebuildable which I relayed per phone to the vehicle owner and son. In that conversation I gave a quote of $715 +tax and got an OK as I would have never ordered a drive shaft without consent. Shaft arrived, you all then declined and the old driveshaft was returned as you had the old joints. You were not charged a dime for the time I spent. What else could I have done? You handed off the ok to the other two , a loss of communication and no one person told me different.

JO
Jim O.
La Mesa, CA
Chevrolet
03/23/2016 Category: Service
Jim said the technicians replaced the radiator in his vehicle which later broke down on the highway because it was leaking transmission fluid. He had to return to the business to have them redo the repairs.
Steve V. from Van's Automotive responded on 03/24/2016

Thanks for your response!  A lot of times replacement parts for older/special vehicles can be a challenge. I believe we were able to correct the new leaking adapter fitting. Please contact me if any other issue shows as a result of your vehicle's repair. Thanks for your business and understanding.
Steve Vanlandingham. Owner Van's Automotive