4th Street Auto Care and Tires

LP
LAURA P.
04/03/2018
Make Sure You Are Very Knowledgeable About Cars or Take Someone Who Is
I want to start by saying that I've been here around 4 to 5 times and most of the mechanics I've interacted with were very nice and helpful. The reason I am not going back is because of John, he was not fair with me the last time I took my car. I went to get the breaks checked and also to have the tires balanced because the car would shake when going over 60 mph. They said ok and quoted me around $250 for a "basic break check" and tire balance. When I came back to pick up my car, the actual charge was $323.20. The invoice was very detailed and each charge was explained so I paid and left. A few days later, I noticed the car was still shaking on the freeway so I told my boyfriend about it and he asked if he could see the car and the invoice. He said they did not balance the tires at all but still charged me for it. He also thought the charges for the break check were excessive so he called anonymously and they quoted him about $70 less than I paid for the break check. So he took the car back and watched them balance the tires and I was given a refund of $93. So in the end they did solve the issue (John wasn't there that day though) but I would still never go back and wanted to warn everyone who is not familiar with cars to take someone who knows about cars when you go.

AK
ANDREW K.
Honda Fit
01/25/2018
Wish I could support local
I am not happy with my last visit.
The staff is always great and I loved going here to support local business.
Being charged $70 for a simple oil change on a Honda is astronomical. I’ve never paid that on any Honda I’ve owned.
Also, paying $50 for labor on a $10 light bulb installation is such a rip off.
As I drive off the lot my tire light is still on and another light is out, was my car just not inspected?
I’m incredibly disappointed in the up charge cost and will not be going here anymore.
Art P. from 4th Street Auto Care and Tires responded on 02/02/2018

Good Afternoon Andrew,

I have left you numerous recorded messages with phone number on file. Please call us at your Earliest convenience for us to try and make this right. Our whole Strive is to serve an honest and valued service for us to keep going. I'm sure I can help you.

Art Pinon / 4th Street Auto and Tire

Jorge S.
Mammoth Lakes, CA
GMC Yukon
01/24/2018 Category: Service
Jorge said he didn't like some of the processes taken with his diagnostic check, and he was charged twice for the same procedure.
Art P. from 4th Street Auto Care and Tires responded on 02/03/2018

Good Day Mr. Serrano,
After reviewing your invoice in our system, We find no double charges ever applied. Any quetions on work recommended please feel free to call us

Cynthia S.
Lexus ES 350
10/19/2017 Category: Service
Cynthia said she had to take the vehicle back but they corrected everything and things have been good. She had to go through a lot to have them correct it.
Art P. from 4th Street Auto Care and Tires responded on 10/23/2017

Glad that you are no longer experiencing noises on your brakes.

Art P. from 4th Street Auto Care and Tires responded on 10/25/2017

Glad that you are no longer experiencing noises on your brakes.