Overall Rating 2.6/5Overall Rating 2.6/5rating 2.6rating 2.6rating 2.6

AD
Anthony D.
Dellwood, MN
06/07/2019
2 appointments, and still not fixed.
Brought truck I'm for repairs to fix noise while turning and going over bumps. Same issue as in October. Issue was not repaired, noise still exists, and on the recommendations, the issue is listed as something that should be fixed. So I bring it in for an issue, it doesn't get fixed and then y'all tell me I should get it fixed. That's what I was trying to do.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 06/13/2019

We are sorry for the frustrations you are having with us and your vehicle Anthony. We did repair the wheel hub assembly on this last visit since it was a critical safety concern with the amount of play it had. We recognize that there is a noise coming from the steering in your truck. We would encourage you to bring the truck back for us to take a look at your intermediate steering shaft.  Please let us know when you can bring it in at your earliest convienence.

RICKI R.
Lakeland, MN
05/27/2019
Oil change and check-up
I have begun the process to stop payment on my charge account and request a meeting with Greg, Sr to discuss this matter.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 05/30/2019

We are so sorry about your recent experience with your radiator replacement here at AM PM Automotive.  We know we have spoken to you in regards to this, but please feel free to contact out office at anytime if you have more questions or concerns. We hope to see you and your vehicle in the future.

CE
Clint E.
Rogers, MN
Chevrolet TrailBlazer
09/14/2018 Category: Service
Clint said that while the staff was working on his vehicle, they broke the transmission cooling line and wanted to charge him $827 for fixing it. He told them they had to fix it and they fixed it by using zip ties and clamps. They got into an argument and he was told they could fix but not replace the lines for $90. He should not have to pay when they were the ones that broke them. He is in contact with a lawyer regarding this issue and will not recommend them.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 09/26/2018

Hi Clint, I’m going to stick to the facts.

1. The water pump was so bad that it had leaked coolant all over the hood, engine and engine bay.

2. No one can control rust, I spoke with Brian and Zach, both asked you to come in and see what was going on roughly 18 to 20 times and you refused.

3. No warranty company covers rust because it is something no one can predict when and how it will fail.

4. I believe Brian did not effectively communicate what had happened and what was going on

5. We did repair the rusted through transmission line and did not charge you. Yes we did use 400 psi transmission cooler hose. And yes wire ties or zip ties were used to secure the hose away from the exhaust and axle shaft.

6. Lastly your truck is a 2007 and 11 years old with over 100,000 miles on it, rust is unfortunately something that is going to happen in Minnesota.

-Gregor

Shop general manager

Kathren M.
Saint Paul, MN
Dodge Caravan
06/16/2018 Category: Service
Kathryn said she is not knowledgeable about vehicles and felt that this business was taking advantage of her. She didn't like not being able to wait for her vehicle when told it would be completed in an hour. The staff insisted she use a loaner car and this made her uncomfortable. She added that she has spent more money at this business in the past year than the previous 14 years, total.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 06/27/2018

Hi Kathryn, I'm Gregor the shop manager.

I talked with Zach the service adviser so I could find out what had happened. The reason for trying to give you a loaner was due to the fact that both county road E. and Scheuneman road are both under construction. So trying to figure out when parts are going to get to us is hard and if everything goes as planned the rear shocks should only be about an hour repair, but with rust & the construction Zach was just trying to make your visit better.

To address the amount you have spent in a year, I looked back in your history. 1. visit we found the battery was leaking acid and had corroded the left front strut tower, the brake master was leaking brake fluid, there was a moldy smell when the a/c was turned on, the brake fluid power steering transmission fluids are dirty, valve covers are seeping, the tune up had not been done yet and the brake lines are a little rusty, and recommend  the timing belt and water pump due to age. We replaced the battery, repaired the strut tower, brake master with a brake flush, cleaned the a/c evap core, and an oil change. 2. visit was the timing belt, water pump , and both serpentine belts. This was done because the water pump was leaking. Visit 3. just a brake light. visit 4. we fixed the washer pumps for front and rear, and oil pan gasket because leaks. visit 5 . was the rear shock because of a leak. A lot of these repair/ maintenance is due to ware & age on a 2000 dodge caravan with a 3.0 V6. We hope that this helped you understand why you had so much extra extra expense this year. Thank you for understanding.

-Gregor

AR
April R.
04/06/2018 Category: Service
April said she was not happy with the service. When she picked her vehicle up, it had more issues and they charged her $113 for something that took them 5 minutes to do. When she called them back they told her she should fix the issue herself.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 04/18/2018

Hi April, im Gregor shop manager at AM PM.

I looked over your repair order & not sure why you are not happy with our service, to be clear the car was towed to us from a different shop & did have a long list of recommendations that we found & tried to talk to you about. I'm sorry that other shops have not been telling you of the other problem with you car but when Zack tried to talk to you on the phone & in person  you cut him off & told him you didn't care?.

As for the charges we charged for testing the battery that was just in stalled, & found it was bad. then installed a new battery & retested that you approved. At which point we found a list of code & several for anti theft. At this point we called you back to tell you we needed more time & was going to cost more which again you had approved. the second charge was for installing missing & burned out fuses , testing & tring to reprogramm the keys & find that it had an aftermarket autostatrt with a antitheft bypass that was malfunctioning & would not let us reprogramm the keys. When you called back one of the fuses that was reinstalled was for the radio / door adjar alarm that was blown and replaced & that was the fuse we told you about & we did offer to pull it out & gave you the loction because you did not want to come back for that. I'm sorry you miss understanding but all this is on your invoice and we didn't charge you for the fuses. the 5 minute fix you discribed was just to stop the door adjar alarm & didn't fix anything but just stopped the buzzing.

Taryn S.
Saint Paul, MN
02/15/2018 Category: Service
Taryn said they tried to overcharge her, until her boyfriend called. Suddenly, the price went down $500. She did say they did a great job.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 03/15/2018

Hi Taryn.
 I'm Gregor the manager at AMPM. I talked to both Greg and Zack about this. When Zack gave you the estimate it was for replace 3 tires,valve stems, mounting ,balancing with the brand you had requested, and replacing 5 broken lug studs and lug nuts. When your boyfiend called and talked to Greg they went over the list of repairs, Greg explained the differance in tire brands and how that can change pricing and that you had requested this tire brand. After Greg had gone over everything and explaned things to your boyfreind, he dicided not to replace 2 of the tires that are still needed. That is why the price changed. I'm sorry for the miss under standing , If you have any questions please call or swing in and I will be happy to talk to you.

CR
Charles R.
Vadnais Heights, MN
Pontiac Grand Am
08/17/2016 Category: Service
Charles said the business was going to charge $850 for service but he went to another facility and they charged him $400.

Mr./Ms. C.
Hugo, MN
Buick LeSabre
11/19/2014
So I guess
A three year warranty makes a part cost more than three times what your competitors does then? It's a fairly uncommon fail on a part that usually doesn't need to be changed. The part I got was new with a warranty as well. I did my research on the part, the work and the shop that I let do the repair. I also found your reviews on Yelp and Google, not very good. And the second quote for the repair was not to include running my check engine codes. Your diagnostic computer was unable to read my vehicle according to Trisha, which I almost question whether it happened or not. When I originally spoke with Greg, he said they never had a chance to try and read the codes. Anyways. I get your attempt at damage control, and as far as your customer service goes I give you a upgrade to two stars. But due to the, for lack of a better term, "sheisty" front desk practices I would not return nor recommend your shop to anyone whose friendship or opinion I value. My advice is, in a Information Age when people have smart phones, don't gouge you clientele for 4-5x the most expensive part you can find on a simple google search. Good luck out there.

11/19/2014
Oh boy
My 95 Buick LeSabre needed a harmonic balancer. The lady behind the desk told me we can get it done for between 4-550 bucks. I asked how much they were charging me for the part, 300$. Wow. I show her the page on my smart phone where I found the same part, specific to my car, brand new with warranty for 49-65$.... I declined to have the work done, but opted to have them run a diagnostic as my check engine light was on. After being quoted at 103$ by the mechanic for that work, she tried to tell me 120$. I let her know what I had been told and she changed her tune. I left my vehicle there at around noon. I was told I would be called before 4 with the results of the diagnostic, as I needed the vehicle to get back home from work around 4:30-5. I called them at 3:50 to see how things were coming along, at which time I was told they hadn't even gotten it in the garage yet. By this time I found another shop who would do the harmonic balancer and run the codes for me for 200$. I jumped on it. When I paid cash, he told me 180$ was fine. Call AA auto repair, just up 61. They put AM/PM to shame, unless you LIKE the idea of spending 2x what you should that is.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 11/20/2014

Spoke with Clark, thanked him for bringing this matter to our attention. We had unfortunately over booked for that day. Also the original quote he got was for a 3yr or 36,000 mile nationwide warranty on both parts and the labor on the harmonic balancer and that also included the diagnostics for the check engine light. Also included is our 1yr roadside assistance which does not have to be related to the repair. But to be able to provide that we have to use a better quality part. The second quote was for a 1yr or 12,000 mile warranty part and labor, no road side assistance and no nation wide warranty. Again Clark thank you for speaking with us and we appreciate you taking the time to talk with us about your experience so we can make improvements.

Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 11/21/2014

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. We value your opinion and we will be making changes do to this unfortunate incident.

SO
Steve O.
Buick Roadmaster
01/22/2014 Category: Service
Spoke with Elise. She said she took her vehicle in to this business because the transmission was not working. They said the transmission was failing and going to cost $2,600 to repair. She did not like that they charged her $105 to diagnose what she already knew. She said they seemed dishonest.

01/22/2014 Category: Service
Spoke with Elise. She said they did not do anything she asked them do. She would not recommend this business based on this experience.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 01/27/2014

Spoke with Elise, and apologized for any inconvenience that this may have caused.  We had diagnosed that her transmission and found that it had an internal failure and needed to be replaced or sent out to be rebuilt.  After we found out about the Transmission issue we were not sure if she was even interested in diagnosing the other issues of the vehicle.  Be for we could diagnose other problems she was here to pick it up.  Offered for her to come in and have other issue check at no charge.

AF
Annie F.
Mazda 6
08/28/2013 Category: Service
Annie said she received a call from the manager at the business and she explained to him what happened and how she felt. They did not do anything however, everything is okay now. Based upon the previous experience she still would not recommend this business.

08/28/2013 Category: Service
Annie said the service was awful. The oil change took two and a half hours. She stated she was charged for an inspection she did not ask for and had to pay for. She made it clear what she wanted and they did not do it. She would not recommend them due to this experience.
Greg M. from Am - Pm Automotive Repair responded on 10/03/2013

We contacted Annie, and explained that the "inspection" was time to open her hood that was stuck closed.  She had attempted to have her oil changed at other places and they could not get it open.  We succeeded by removing part of the front end and lubricating the latch, then reassembling, and provided her a loaner car for free during the repair.  Thanks again Annie!

GC
Guy C.
Nissan Sentra
12/27/2012 Category: Service
Guy said he had them fix the taillights and dashboard lights. As he left this business the dashboard lights failed. He won't recommend this business based on this experience.