Latest Review about 4 years ago

CL
CJ L.
Chevrolet Lumina
04/05/2016
Fast, friendly and reasonable. Don't get scammed by Watson's Rapid Shithole and Lube up the street. Take your car to Ashby's.

MK
Monica K.
Kia Sedona
03/31/2016 Category: Service
Monica said the business was very professional and honest. They never try to talk her into doing more work and the repairs were done in a timely manner.

CONNIE B.
03/28/2016
Efficient and Honest
They always tell me maintenance to be done but never push me to do anything unless it is really a problem.
When I bring my vehicles in with a problem they fix it the first time and I do not have to bring it back for that problem.

Dan S.
Mazda 3
03/24/2016 Category: Service
Dan said they did a good job.

KU
Fantastic as always

Jason R.
Warsaw, MO
02/18/2016 Category: Service
Jason said Hope, the owner, is fantastic to work with.

PD
Paul D.
02/15/2016
Fail inspections to boost profits
Recently brought my perfectly running van into Ashby's for an inspection. The mechanic said it failed because my power steering fluid was "producing droplets." I work on my car and I can tell you there isn't a vehicle out there over 150,000 that won't "produce droplets" of some kind. Failing an inspection for petty fluid leaks does not hold true to the spirit of what an inspection is for. It's to assure that the care is safe to drive for the owner and others. An intensely slow leak (I've monitored it for years and was never a cause for concern) is no reason to fail an inspection. BEWARE. Garages that look for little things like this to garner more service and business for themselves do not have the owner's best interest at heart. I've taken my vehicle to the same place for years and brought it here for convenience sake. Looks like I'm going back to the guys I trust.
Hope A. from Ashby's Automotive responded on 02/15/2016

I'm not certain who Paul is as this appointment was for Nicholas but in any case I am also disappointed with "Paul's" interaction during this visit. When my tech informed him that his van wouldn't pass because of a power steering leak he seemed rather offended & immediately disagreeable. The criteria set forth by the Missouri Highway Patrol in the Motor Vehicle Inspection Manual states as follows:
"........or if any component part is missing, loose or leaking sufficient fluid to cause droplets the vehicle shall not pass."
This can be found on page 24 under the heading entitled Steering Mechanisms (11 CSR 50-2.200)
We prefer customers to wait while we do the inspections if they are available to do so because we want to be able to physically show the customer if there is a reason(s) the vehcile fails. Most customers graciously accept however "Paul" refused to let the tech show him our concerns. We told him the leak appeared to be coming from the high pressure power steering line where it connected at the pump...we went on to state that it may be as easy as a loose fitting but "Paul" had already convinced himself that we were out to get him. As for not holding true to the spirit of what an inspection is meant for......I can only state that we don't make the rules but our operation is overseen by the Missouri State Highway Patrol who has an expectation of us to perform inspections according to the standards we are bound by law to follow. I am sincerely sorry that "Paul" was anything but pleased as the vast majority of both new & existing customers typically are. I think the countless other reviews over the past few years overwhelmingly reflect positive feedback.

MARK H.
Chevrolet Suburban
02/13/2016
Great Customer Service
Very good service. They care about their customers, new and old.

BF
BRETT and JAMIE F.
Chevrolet Suburban
02/12/2016
Best service
Ashby's has been taking care of our vehicles for several years and we wouldn't dream of going anywhere else. They have truly taken care of us!

AR
ANNE R.
Jeep Cherokee
01/29/2016
Brake trouble
I couldn't be more please with my first experience with Ashby's Automotive. My brakes were a complete mess. I didn't have an appointment and dropped off my car in the morning and it was done by 5. The cost was very reasonable. I will definitely take my car back to them for any other repairs.

MJ
Melanie And Wayne J.
01/19/2016 Category: Service
Wayne said they always do a outstanding work in a timely fashion and the customer service is excellent.

Scott W.
Chevrolet Silverado
01/18/2016 Category: Service
Scott said this business takes care of him and they are really good.

RL
ROBERT L.
Nissan Murano
01/09/2016
Nissan Murano
Ashby's did a very thorough inspection/diagnosis of an oil leak on my wife's car, then replaced the leaking seal. I was impressed with the level of inspection I received on the vehicle overall - while isolating the worst oil leak, other problems were apparent. These were both explained to me and noted on the ticket. I thought they were very fair on pricing too.

TH
Tom H.
12/24/2015 Category: Service
Tom said he had an overall pretty good experience with this business. They did good work on his vehicle.

SA
Stacee A.
Hyundai Veracruz
12/23/2015 Category: Service
Stacee said the employees at this business provided good customer service and do good work as well.