Latest Review about 2 months ago

TT
T T.
08/08/2020
Their slogan: "Good and HONEST service"
My first visit to Austin's Automotive Specialist for a routine maintenance schedule ended up costing me an arm and a leg. I brought my vehicle in for 5k maintenance, and wasn't expecting any additional services to be done. The person at the counter, a Mike Small, told me that I'll be charged an upfront amount that will be zeroed out when repairs are made. When he showed me the bill, I was shocked to find out that I'll be charged almost $600 (after tax) for additional services that I didn't ask for: tune-up (which was done last year), brake flush, coolant flush. Technically, these things are not repairs. Regardless whether or not these services are necessary or recommended, Mr. Small should have discussed them with me know before deciding that's how much I'm expected to pay. Even though I have a choice to refuse to have the services done - and have them done somewhere else - I do not have a choice regarding the payment. I am required to pay the entire amount. How HONEST is that? If you like that kind of HONESTy, Austin's Automotive Specialist is your kind of place. This will be my first and last visit. I do not want to come back for the next maintenance schedule to have Mr. Small decided what additional services to be done and be expected to pay over $600 for them. That's not all. When I got my vehicle back, I discovered that my odometer was set to km/h. Good and HONEST service indeed!

TT
T T.
08/08/2020
Their slogan: "Good and HONEST service"

Randy R.
Cedar Park, TX
02/19/2020
Great company
Big kudos to the guys at the Round Rock location. At the recommendation of my friends and fellow club members of Tejas Miata’s, I took my Miata to them to mount the new tires and rims that I purchased. They did it while I waited, did a four wheel alignment, as well as balance the tires of course and looked over the entire car and made recommendations of some things that needed some attention at my next visit. I made that visit the next week after the parts came in and they were good enough to offer me a ride home in their shuttle service as well as throw the old tires and wheels in the back that they had been holding on to for me.
These guys are great, did what I asked in a very reasonable amount of time at a very competitive price as well as repair a few things the next week at a great price as well I highly recommend this company to you, and by the way, they work on just about anything. They sure know how to balance a tire for sure.
Many thanks to the friendly staff there. Thanks Mike, great customer service guy, Jeremiah and his dad John, Eric, one of their great technicians and the shuttle driver, Sean for the ride and help with the tires and rims

MZ
matt z.
03/28/2019
charge you more than dealership
he charge me $75 for oil change

JOHNNY C.
Toyota Tundra
11/30/2012
Always great service
I always get great service for Automotive Specialist. They do the work that is needed and provide knowledgeable insight to keeping my vehicles running at optimum performance levels.

GW
GARY W.
11/23/2012
honesty, integrity, good work.
very pleased with the service

CARL H.
GMC Acadia
11/21/2012
Reliable and trustworthy
Automotive Specialist provides excellent customer service. They have brought back honesty, reliability, and trustworthiness to the world of mechanics! We won't go anywhere else!

TYREE B.
Mazda Protege
11/20/2012
Horrible service
These guys did fix my rear caliper adjustment screw at no charge, but this was the longest i have ever had to wait for an alignment job (over 3 hours!!) First, they were unable to see that my kw coilovers came with slotted strut holes. Then, they didn't even give me the correct camber specs i asked for, so now im having to spend twice as much to get the correct settings from another shop. My alignment is nowhere near correct for a street car. The car feels very unpredictable and has way too much rear camber.

MYRA M.
Chevrolet Suburban
11/19/2012
seem honest, fair pricing & fast service
I would recommend JC Automotive to my friends...they appear to be honest, provide fair pricing and quick service. The free shuttle is nice too!!

RA
RICHARD A.
11/18/2012
1st Visit
You did exactly what I wanted and needed plus advised me on another issue in easy to understand terms. Your prices are fair and service was quick.

RANDY G.
Honda Accord
11/16/2012
2005 Honda Accord - strange noises from engine
My Accord was making a lot of strange noises and I was really concerned I would be looking at a $1000+ expense. Well Jonathan and the crew listened to my description and w/in 1 hour diagnosed the problem as a faulty "O" ring. Sure enough, this fixed the problem and the whole job cost less than $50! This is the forth or fifth time I have had this experience at JC Auto - dropping off a car, fearful of an expensive repair only to find the problem resolved at less than $100. I have never had this wonderful experience when I take my car to the dealership

DERRICK S.
Pflugerville, TX
Dodge Cab & Chassis
11/15/2012
Again!!!
brought this truck in for the second electrical issue and once again Robin fixed it ! wont take my trucks anywhere else

DON B.
Chevrolet Silverado
11/14/2012
VEHICLE INSPECTION
i just stopped in to see when would be a good time to get an inspection without taking the mechanic away from something more critical. i was in a huge hurry and just wanted a good time. they took my truck in right away and did an inspection for me since i was there already. they got me going right away to make my next appointment all the while taking care not to damage my truck. i've been going here for four years and never been disappointed. great shop and great people. thank you.

TH
TAMMY H.
Leander, TX
Honda Accord
11/12/2012
Customer safety first
Recently I brought my car in to Automotive Specialists for inspection and other services. Unfortunately my car failed inspection because of a huge pressure bulge in my tire that I had not noticed. Jonathan showed me the bulge and took great care to impress upon me the danger of driving on such a tire. Fortunately the tire was covered by a warranty from the store where it was purchased and I got a new tire at no cost. (I paid for a warranty on the new tire.) Jonathan was not trying to sell me a tire or a service. He was just trying to make sure that I would be safe. I truly feel like a valued customer.

CHARLES S.
Lexus IS 350
11/10/2012
First visit, Great service
We needed an oil change in our car, and have had bad experiences with quick oil change places. Decided to give this place a try and we are happy we did. Ray is a super nice guy and helped us out with our car, Lexus, we will definitely be back again. Very clean place and seem honest. Thanks guys.