Overall Rating 4.694445/5Overall Rating 4.694445/5Overall Rating 4.694445/5Overall Rating 4.694445/5rating 4.694445
Overall Rating 2.02778/5Overall Rating 2.02778/5rating 2.02778rating 2.02778rating 2.02778

PB
Paul B.
Forestdale, MA
2013 Hyundai Tucson
09/12/2019 Category: Service
The dealership took the time to resolve a problem
I am happy with how I got a call from Stephanie .She came up with a solution that I am happy with and really showed concern for what I had to say. I will continue to bring my car in for service.

09/12/2019 Category: Service
Expensive repair.
It cost me over $500 dollars to get my window to be fixed. $129 to tell me what I told the service dept. And $129 for a repair i refused because they never checked my warranty. Plus the cost of the repair.
Paulo J J. from Balise Hyundai of Cape Cod responded on 09/14/2019

Hi Paul,

I am sorry to hear this. I would like to speak with you when you have a chance.

508-957-6372
scannon@baliseauto.com

STEPHANIE C., Service Manager from Balise Hyundai of Cape Cod responded on 09/16/2019

Hi Paul,

It was nice talking to you. I put the credit of $129.9 on your account. Thank you again for your kindness.

Kindly,

Nina O.
Eastham, MA
2014 Hyundai Elantra
08/24/2019 Category: Service
Improved Relations
I have had recent unsatisfactory experoences with scheduling a repair and having it done without excessive waiting time, even when I had an appointment. The service manager of Balise called, explained the difficulties they have encountered in their change of location. It was a very pleasant call, spoke to my concerns both as to the nature of the repairs , the scheduling delays and the excessive waiting for repairs to be done as we'll as the unfriendliness of the service agent on my first visit.
I expect that the difficulties of changing locations will be resolved soon, based on my conversations.
I have owned three vehicles purchased at Balise Hyundai and remain very very satisfied /Who else sells a non-hybrid car that gets 45 MPG on the highway? I do expect nd have been promised better experiences oj my next service visit to Balise Hyundai, thanks to my conversation with Stephanie, the service manager.

08/24/2019 Category: Service
Fan control repair delay
See the previous writeup for details. Not great! Time required for both getting an appointment and the excessive time required to complete the work was unacceptable. Service agent was surly and not helpful at all on our first visit to fix this problem. Different agent on our second visit was "cold"
GARY V I. from Balise Hyundai of Cape Cod responded on 08/26/2019

Hello Nina,

I am very sorry to hear about your recent experience. I left you a voicemail and if you could call me back that would be great. I'd like to resolve these issues directly with you. If by chance I do not answer please email me (scannon@baliseauto.com) as I will be able to contact you from whatever computer I am working on.

508-957-6370
scannon@baliseauto.com

JN
Jill N.
Harwich, MA
2014 Hyundai Tucson
08/15/2019 Category: Service
Making my Experience a good one!
Thank you to Stephanie for reaching out and helping to resolve these issues with my car! You have been extremely helpful to me today and I am glad to amend my score to a 5 from you today!

08/15/2019 Category: Service
Repair
No communication! Didn’t fix problem and now I have to take elsewhere!
GARY V I. from Balise Hyundai of Cape Cod responded on 08/16/2019

Jill,

Thank you for taking the time to let me help correct these issues. I'm looking forward to getting everything resolved and making a bad experience a good one!

Barry M.
Yarmouth, MA
2019 Hyundai Kona Electric
08/12/2019 Category: Service
Great response to complaint about spare tire
I had a flat tire on a new Kona EV which does not come with a spare, and found out that the EV uses a specialty tire which wouldn't be available for three days; the dealer provided a loaner while awaiting delivery of the needed tire, but I realized I wouldn't want to drive out of town without a spare and so ordered one, but felt the issue should have been flagged during the original sale. I got a call this morning agreeing that the dealer should be flagging this for new EV buyers, and offering to refund the cost of the spare for the inconvenience. That seemed like a smart, generous response and restored my faith in the Hyundai dealer -- otherwise the Kona EV has been a great driving experience.

08/12/2019 Category: Service
Don't buy EV from Balise Hyundai
Balise Hyundai sold me a Kona EV without disclosing that tires are unique to Hyundai, and not readily available. Had a flat tire after 3 months, took three days to get a replacement, no spare provided or available: means that you can't drive the Hyundai Kona EV out of the immediate area despite indicated range, Hyundai didn't seem aware or concerned about the issue. I've ordered an extra wheel and tire to create a spare, but this isn't a car to buy if you ever need to drive more than thirty miles from the dealership.
GARY V I. from Balise Hyundai of Cape Cod responded on 08/14/2019

Thank you Barry for giving us the opportunity to clear up the mis-hap at our Hyundai Dealership. If I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thanks again!

BJ
Barbara J.
Brewster, MA
2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
07/17/2019 Category: Service
Stephanie resolved my complaint in a timely matter
I was contacted the next business day regarding my request on my survey. Gary attempted twice and unfortunately we played phone tag however Stephanie called later in the day and she listened while I shared my experience. She resolved the problem and I was satisfied.

07/17/2019 Category: Service
poor customer service poor facilities
call me
GARY V I. from Balise Hyundai of Cape Cod responded on 07/18/2019

Hello Barbara,
 Thank you for taking the time to respond. I'm glad we had a chance to talk via phone. Please check your email as we had discussed.

BT
Bonnie T.
06/07/2019 Category: Service
Oil change and tire rotation.
It was a busy Wednesday. My car was taken on time and returned eitoin a half hour. Everything was done that was requested!

06/07/2019 Category: Service
Lacking this time
As previously written.
GARY V I. from Balise Hyundai of Cape Cod responded on 06/07/2019

Hi Bonnie,

Sorry to hear that we failed you on your recent service visit. Is there a time that I may con tact you to discuss and resolve? Please let me know.

Roberta M.
East Falmouth, MA
03/21/2019 Category: Service
Alls good
Gary Iudice called me and we spoke. He listened to the issue and said he would take care of it. Given that the service is usually very good I accept their apology and look forward to the excellent relationship I have with Balise

03/21/2019 Category: Service
disapointed
I have been going there for many years and have bought at least 6 cars there. To be denied service because they said I didn't pay a bill from December and then no call to apologize was just pathetic.
GARY V I. from Balise Hyundai of Cape Cod responded on 03/21/2019

Robert G.
West Yarmouth, MA
2006 Hyundai Santa Fe
02/04/2019 Category: Service
Service has always been great
Service has always been great and any problems are are quickly resolved

02/04/2019 Category: Service
Muffler Replacement
Was told my exhaust system needed to be replaced because the problem was in front of the catalytic converter and it was extremely rusted; bolts were rounded and would be a problem replacing it. Quote was 2200 dollars. Went to another shop fixed it in less than 30 minutes for 155 dollars 2 year guarantee. PS there was no rust
GARY V I. from Balise Hyundai of Cape Cod responded on 02/04/2019

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today Robert. Happy we were able to resolve the issue and maintain the long  relationship.

2010 Hyundai Santa Fe
02/27/2018 Category: Service
Repairs
I was very happy that Jason reached out to me and we had a chance to discuss the problem with my car and what the next step should be.
He even did a test run with me and also sent a mechanic also who heard the noise and felt the car shake. We made an appointment to further diagnose problem and repair the car. The only problem was the part they needed was not in stock so I had to back again. They assured me that my car was safe to drive. They repaired it in 35 minutes.
I would now change my rating to 5 stars.

02/27/2018 Category: Service
Repairs
I think I have explained everything.
Jason R. from Balise Hyundai of Cape Cod responded on 02/27/2018

Hello,
    Thank you very much for taking the time to complete this review for our service team. I will call you tomorrow (Wednesday) to discuss the concerns and come up with a plan to assist you with this. Thank you again and look forward to speaking with you tomorrow.

MF
Mark F.
Osterville, MA
2014 Hyundai Santa Fe S
09/17/2017 Category: Service
Corrective Action on Initial Poor Manufacturer Recall Service
Upon the registering of my initial service work complaint, Balise Service Manager, Jason Robertson contacted me and made the effort to provide whatever follow up service was necessary to correct the complaint. They did a great job addressing the issue and I would gladly return to Balise for service in the future.

09/17/2017 Category: Service
Poor Quality of Manufacturer Recall Service
Balise Hyundai has done consistently POOR quality in performing manufacturer recall service work. My 2014 Sante Fe was serviced for an engine valve inspection and associated oil change on . My car now is leaking oil on my driveway when it had no issues prior to the recall service. This is the second recall service problem with Balise. 18 months ago, My 2007 Sante Fe was fine prior to recall service on the valve cover gasket. Post service, the car leaked oil and was not properly repaired even after a return visit to Balise. Had to take the car to an independent repair shop to have the oil leakage and associated alternator damage repaired.
JASON R., Service Manager from Balise Hyundai of Cape Cod responded on 09/17/2017

Hello Mark,
    Thank you for completing this review of our service team.  I did not know there was any kind of an issue with either vehicle.  I would like to be notified of any issues of this manner so that corrective actions can be taken.  Please give me a call this week so I can have this issue resolved.  Thanks again.

Jason R. from Balise Hyundai of Cape Cod responded on 09/25/2017

Hello Mark,
     Thank you very much for granting us the opportunity to correct our wrong. We appreicate your business and will be glad to assist in anything you may need for your vehicles. Thanks again!

Debra G.
East Falmouth, MA
2009 Hyundai Sonata
06/10/2017 Category: Service
Making Amends
When I wrote a poor review of my previous experience, the manager at Balise Hyundai, Jason, not only apologized, but offered to remove labor costs on my next repair! This was a way to keep me as a customer and more than fair.

06/10/2017 Category: Service
Poor mechanic
Mechanics that get to decide which jobs they'll do.
Jason R. from Balise Hyundai of Cape Cod responded on 06/10/2017

Hello Debra,
     Thank you very much for completing this review for our service team. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your visit. We apologize for the mis-information - it was determined when I checked into this concern about your door that the run channel was available seperately from the door panel. We did not see the seperate listing for that part so again we do apologize for the mistake. It definitely was not the fact that the technician did not "want" to replace it seperately as this would be easier than a whole door. I do also apologize about the part not being here on time for your appointment - we attempted to get this done asap for you and as soon as we found out the part was not going to be here as planned we did reach out to you on the only number that we had listed. We did not have a work number to reach you at nor know you were at work at the time. Please call me at your earliest convenience. Thanks again.

CF
Cathy F.
Hyannis, MA
06/07/2017 Category: Service
Service mgr is very courteous and accommodating
Jason the service dept mgr responded back pretty quickly and resolved my issue with my directional lights, he was courteous and very accomodating.

06/07/2017 Category: Service
Seems like issues are covered by a bandaid
Not a happy customer
Jason R. from Balise Hyundai of Cape Cod responded on 06/07/2017

Hello Cathy,
     Thank you for completing this review for our service team. Customer satisfaction and quality are very important to us. I have reviewed your comment and the history on your vehicle. I understand vehicle maintenance can be expensive but we do like to keep customers informed about their vehicles. As far as your brakes - they recommended brake work soon due to rust build up on your brake rotors - your pads still have approx 6mm (a little less than half) pad life left and this will not keep you from safely driving the vehicle. The last time we did rear brake work for you was 30k miles ago. I would be more than happy to take a second look at the turn signal for you and apologize it has stopped working again. Please call me directly about this at 508-957-7171. Thanks again!

EO
Customer service
Great

04/20/2017 Category: Service
N
Nobody gave me any advice !
JASON R., Service Manager from Balise Hyundai of Cape Cod responded on 04/20/2017

Hello Elena,
      Thank you very much for taking the time to complete this review for our service department.  I am very confused and concerned by your comment. When you and I spoke about your oil change I gave you prices and option for full synthetic or synthetic blend and advised the recommended mileages for each. I would like to speak to you more about this. I will contact you tomorrow about this.  Thanks again.

NM
Norman M.
Barnstable, MA
2016 Hyundai Santa Fe S
08/30/2016 Category: Service
service
The service people are great and very help full. They take the time to answer any and all questions I have about my vehicle .

08/30/2016 Category: Service
great cars
see previous comments
David M., Service Manager from Balise Hyundai of Cape Cod responded on 08/30/2016

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, I appreciate any and all feed back. That being said, I would like to apologize for the length of time it took to complete your paperwork. That issue has been resolved. I realize how important time is and how little there seems to be in today's busy society, but, I also feel that, as you stated, the service portion was completed in a timely manner, and would like to ask if the you might be willing to re score the service visit. As I stated, the issue was with the advisor who was dismissed, and not with the tech or the service performed. Once again, I apologize for the excessive time to close the paperwork out, and as I stated that issue was resolved.

508-957-7170
David M., Service Manager from Balise Hyundai of Cape Cod responded on 08/31/2016

Thank you so much for the re score, I certainly appreciate it.

Cynthia C.
07/18/2016 Category: Service
Wow! Very impressed with the service manager. I got a call not even an hour after submitting my review. No real issues just not the same service as it was during my previous visits. Dave (service manager) is sending me the info that I should've received and taken care of things. I'll be back for sure.

07/18/2016 Category: Service
Good service team
David M., Service Manager from Balise Hyundai of Cape Cod responded on 07/18/2016

I would like to apologize for the service you received on 7/11/2016. I have spoken to the advisor about attitude and the importance to customer satisfaction and that this will not be tolerated. These scores are very important to me and the dealership, therefore anything less than a five star rating is unacceptable to me. I assure you that in the future these issues will not happen again. I would like to thank you for taking the survey and for letting me know what the issue was when we spoke on the phone. I have mailed you the MPI, which you should have received when we were finished with your vehicle and I have enclosed a coupon for your next oil change. Once again, I would like to apologize for the issues you had on you last visit and hopefully I can restore your confidence in my service department.

508-957-7170

Thank you for the re score, it's truly appreciated.

RP
Richard P.
Chatham, MA
2012 Hyundai Tucson
07/14/2016 Category: Service
GPS failure
I am happy with the response to my problem and look forward to a solution

07/14/2016 Category: Service
GPS failure
GPS failure would cost new radio. I believe this is a problem the dealer should take care of since car has less than thirty five thousand miles.
David M., Service Manager from Balise Hyundai of Cape Cod responded on 07/14/2016

I would like to apologize for the length of time it's taking to get you a new head unit for your vehicle, The vehicle is well outside the warranty by time and that is the factor here. I am pushing Hyundai, but like anything else, if pushed too hard, everything can be denied. Unfortunately, this process is a little time consuming. I can only ask that you be patient and as soon as we get an answer, we will certainly inform you.

508-957-7170
David M., Service Manager from Balise Hyundai of Cape Cod responded on 07/15/2016

Hyannis, MA
06/24/2016 Category: Service
Repairs that were made
The repairs that were Nader to my vehicle were taken care of and the service I received was great. My initial complaint was having these issues with only owning my car for 3 months. I now have bulbs that are out that I need to get replaced now, directional bulbs. I just feel having this vehicle now for 4 months I shouldn't be running into problems with it.

06/24/2016 Category: Service
No trust
I feel that I have been ripped off
David M., Service Manager from Balise Hyundai of Cape Cod responded on 06/25/2016

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, I do appreciate any and all feed back. That being said, I was wondering if I might ask how the service department did as far as the repairs are concerned. I was involved in this from the start and after the Sales Manager and I spoke, we decided that for the customer's satisfaction, meaning you, that the repairs would be taken care of. As far as the alignment is concerned, I took care of that myself. If there were any other issues as far as my service department is concerned, I would love to address those with you either in person or please, feel free to contact me by phone. I would like to ask for a re score if you don't mind since from what I've read, the low score the service department received is basically due to the fact that there's an issue with the sales department. The only reason I am asking is that these survey scores are a portion of the advisor's pay plan, and believe me, if there was an issue with the advisor or myself for that matter, I would never ask. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and once again, if there are any issues or concerns as far as service goes, please feel free to contact me.

508-957-7170
David M., Service Manager from Balise Hyundai of Cape Cod responded on 06/26/2016

Thank you for the re score, I truly do appreciate it. As far as the bulbs go, swing in when you can, ask for me, and I'll take care of that for you. Sales sold the car, it's my job to to fix problems and hopefully build trust. Once again, thank you for the re score, and I'll see you soon for the bulb issue.

East Taunton, MA
2012 Hyundai Elantra
06/21/2016 Category: Service
I have reconsidered my comments however I never recommend or not recomment a place to anyone else. I believe each person has to decide for themselves if they lik a place or not.
thank you for your explanation. It makes a difference.

see review
While I sat in the waiting room waiting for my car I discovered that three other people were also waiting for their cars with the same issues. I heard the same stories repeated by two different individuals how the cars HAD to be taken care of and how they just happened to find a 10% off coupon that could be used in the cost of our repairs. A car that at first I wasn't going to be allowed to drive all of a sudden when I had the brake pads replaced and made an appointment for Wednesday to have the rest fixed, was told it would be ok for the next 18 months and I didn't need to bring it right back in. A little confusing to say the least on my part and also on the other lady' s part who was sitting next to me. Confused her so much she approached the service desk and also asked for an explanation of her repairs. She had been there since 10 am. Another two girls were in for the second time to have a light replaced and when they were told they were all set they walked out and found damages to the new light that hadn't been taken care of. I would not recommend any dealership to anyone. How I feel about someone and how they feel about someone is entirely different and we as individuals need to judge for ourselves how we feel.
David M., Service Manager from Balise Hyundai of Cape Cod responded on 06/22/2016

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, any and all feed back is appreciated. There seems to be a misunderstanding as far as your repair was concerned. Paulo, your advisor, kept me in the loop as far as your repair was concerned, and what we were trying to do was not only make your vehicle safe to drive but also try and keep it as inexpensive as possible do to the situation you had presented to us. The vehicle had no rear brake pads left when you arrived here, that was the grinding noise you were hearing was. You couldn't wait to have the repair done due to safety reasons which I'm sure you realize. That being said, we offered the most economical solution available at the time. As far as the conversation you heard with another customer is concerned, that individual was in a totally different situation and was able to repair the vehicle as it was presented to that customer. The 10% coupons are in my office and against company policy, I do hand them out in certain situations, and yours was one of those situations. I do apologize if you feel as though we did not do what we thought was the right thing to do for you, but I can honestly say, without a doubt, we worked around your particular issue as best we could to make your vehicle safe to drive and perform the most affordable repair we could. I would like to thank you for choosing Balise Hyundai and hope to see you again.

Scott M.
West Yarmouth, MA
2016 Hyundai Elantra Gt
Updated reviiew
Thanks for getting back to me.

Next scheduled service ?
I didn't receive a response to my email concerning next scheduled service.
David M., Service Manager from Balise Hyundai of Cape Cod responded on 06/21/2016

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, I appreciate any and all feedback. That being said, I would like to apologize for the delay for an answer on your question. The service interval for the 2016 Elantra and GT  is 3,750 miles (or 6 months, depending on distance driven) and tires are rotated  along with the oil change at 7,500 miles. As far as the typo on the repair order, we should be able to correct that on the next visit. Your vehicle will be due for a tire rotation next time in, in either 6 months or 3,750 miles and I would like to take care of that rotate for you, since we did not meet your expectations on your last visit. Once again, I do apologize for the delay and we do look forward to seeing you again and thank you for choosing Balise Hyundai.

508-957-7170
David M., Service Manager from Balise Hyundai of Cape Cod responded on 06/23/2016

Thank you for the generous re-score. I'm happy we were able to correct the issues from your visit and once again, we look forward to seeing you again..

MA
2014 Hyundai Accent
06/09/2016 Category: Service
the service department over all did a great job.
very friendly service. very helpful. the service department does a outstanding job. in fact they did not even touch my music. LOL.
they really are wonderful people. easy to work with.

06/09/2016 Category: Service
i have no statement
i will never buy another car from here. they will tell you anything to make a sale. in my opinion its a very dishonest dealership. when i bought my car they told me that after the 3 years of leasing i could go to a bank and take out a loan or i could buy the car from them. the fee for buying it from them would be 500$ so i signed. in the middle of my purchase they jumped the 500$ fee to 1,000$. in my opinion i got taken for a ride. i dont mind the 1,000$ fee its just they told me a different story when i bought it. they made me a fool. its like going to the store and buying something and the shelf gives you one price and when you go to check out they jack it up 100% you dont treat customers that way. again in my opinion i think its a very dishonest company. go some place els.
David M., Service Manager from Balise Hyundai of Cape Cod responded on 06/10/2016

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, I appreciate any and all feed back. That being said, I would like to apologize about the fuel additive, although when the advisor explains the service intervals, they do mention the fuel additive and it can be turned down if the customer doesn't want it. That additive is recommended by the manufacturer every 7500 miles, we only recommend it every 15,000 miles. I was hoping I could address the score you gave us since this survey is for the service department and not the dealership as a whole. You had stated that the service department did a great job except for the fuel cleaner, but it seems there are issues with the sales department. I hate to ask, but would it be possible to re score my department for the service received? I understand if you would rather not. Either way, Thank you for choosing Balise Hyundai for your vehicle's service needs, and we certainly look forward to seeing you again.

508-957-7170

Thank you for responding to my email this morning, I'm happy we were able to resolve the service part of the issue you had with Balise Hyundai.